Reflections

By GottaSmile1516

Live always seems perfect for the upper class, for Sophia, nothing is perfect. When things start appearing th... More

Chapter One~ Luck.
Chapter Two~ Broken.
Chapter Three~ Accident
Chapter Four~Still
Chapter Five~Seeing
Chapter Six~Scared
Chapter Seven~Smile
Chapter Nine~ Birthday
Chapter Ten~ Love
Epilogue

Chapter Eight~ Hallucinations

6 1 0
By GottaSmile1516

Hallucinations. An experience involving the apparent perception of something not present. An illusion the mind makes up itself.

When she woke up the next morning and looked around her room, as if she didn’t know she has been there for seven months.

A girl walked up to her, smiling and started dancing around the with evidence of ballet. She girl laughed like bells chiming. I’ve never seem someone so happy.

Sophia saw a couple sitting in the chairs next to the door talking to each other, each holding a cup of coffee. 

Smiley your going to get better!

She searched for the one who spoke but the room was empty. The words felt familiar, but she didn’t know from where.

A small women came into the room, wearing doctor garb, short black hair cut below her jaw.

“Good morning, my name is Doctor Lee.” That lady said, “How are you doing today?”

I hesitated at first, but she seemed to be nice. “Fi-ine.” She swallowed hard.

“Do you know what happened to you?” When I tried to remember what took place last in my life is the flash of someone’s face, but I barley remember what was before that.

“I-I don’t know...” The lady writes something down on her clipboard.

“Do you know your full name?”

“Sophia- uh.. um Rien?” Doctor Lee frown just the slightest, “Could you tell me how old you are, Sophia?”

I don’t remember the last time I looked at myself in the mirror. “Umm 14 I think, no-” She thought more about it, flickers of memories coming by me so fast. Blowing out a candle. Dancing with someone. Driving a car down the road. Walking into a old building.

“16 right?” Sophia asked the doctor. She shock her head, “Your 17 Sophia.” She gave a heaving sigh, rubbing her eyes and temple. 

“Why don’t I remember anything?” I’m frustrated with myself as a nock came at the door, Doctor Lee opened to a tall figure of a man.

“How’s my little girl doing?” The man expression was hopeful, but I was confused.

“Mr. Ryan, I don’t think she-” Doctor Lee tries to speak, but the man doesn’t listen

“Who are you?” The man stops short of touching my cheek. Freezing in the moment. 

“Who am I?” The man say, “Sophia don’t you know who I am?”

My heart drops to my stomach when I see the mans face fall.

Doctor Lee steps in a tells me what has happen, the man sit down with his face in his hands.

“Sophia,” Lee started, getting my attention, “You had a terrible accident causing you to have head trauma.” I nod slowly, crossing my legs on the bed.  “You were in a coma for six months.” Six months? Six months!

“Six months?” Sophia’s eyes were wide and scared, “Why six months?”

“That’s something only you know the reason for.” Lee said kindly, 

“Oh, sorry.” I apologize even if I don’t know the reason why.

“Your family has been coming here the entire time.” 

“Something something told me was that my family didn’t want me alive, they were mean to me.”

“What things?”

“The things that came to me when I woke up!” The man is startled,

“What is she talking about Doctor?” Lee frantically shacks her head.

 “They want me to go back to sleep!! Tell them to go away!” My eyes flash to the corners of the room, shadows could hide them.

Water blurred my sight, “Please tell them to go away!!!” I plead with them both, my shacking hands grip the blanket at my sides.

Smiley you have to stop, they aren’t going to come after you if you just stop!

The girl from before stood in between the man and the doctor.

“Go away girl, they will get you too!” The doctor ran out the room and called for a nurse to bring something.

They can’t get me, but you have to let them out of you now!

“They wouldn’t leave me alone!” I yell louder now.

“What is she talking about, Doctor?!” The man says worriedly

The doctor held something small in her hands, light reflecting of the metal, “Hallucinations made up from the mind, she is seeing something that isn’t here.”

The needle pierced my flesh, but she held my arm still as I jerked.

“Please- I don’t want to- sleep.” Blackness

~~~

“Is she going to be all right?” Ms. Ryan asked grasping her husbands hand, worriedly waiting for the doctor answer.

“We believe that she has been having hallucinations since she woke up. Also a form of schizophrenia, most likely from the drama she might have had coming up from the accident.”

“But isn’t schizophrenia a long-term disorder?” Mr. Ryan asked.

“Yes, she is most-likely going to continuing with breakdowns like she just had. I don’t know for how long either.”

“Our poor baby... When do you think she could come home?”

~~~

December 31, 2010

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Happy New Years Eve! Your speaking more now, but you don’t know much about your self, your family or friends. That really hurt your parents, not to make you feel bad or anything. I’m thinking about staying up tonight at the hospital, having a party tomorrow for New Years day. I wish I could hang out with you, I know as much about you as you do right now.

They tell me that your hallucinating now, I hope they weren’t to bad. I did some research about mental disorders. Never knew there were so many. Psychosis is close to what you might have, but I think your still here and Psychosis is when you lose connection with reality.

You might have Schizophrenia though, Doctor Lee says you might too. Well, I think anyone could come back from anything. I mean you woke up from a coma! You can do anything now!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 19.5K 38
Two years have gone by, life was going great for the couple until something happened that no one could of predicted. They say everyone grieves differ...
7.2K 534 19
ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO BEGIN AGAINā™” "Sometimes life is not fair with everyone, we broke, we heal but rarely life offers you a second chance and someti...
393 44 9
He was once betrayed in love and thought true love does not exist and thought to never be the victim again.He thought all girls are same but she prov...
94 23 10
Thomas lived in a world where he was invisible to everyone, well except to his stepfather. Life for the 18-year-old wasn't exactly the best, his lif...