𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬...

Von bouncygnocchi

SEQUEL TO OF SERPENTS AND ANGELS: Two years after the Second Wizarding War, Angel Dawson has started to heal... Mehr

Author's Note/Disclaimer
| 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 | 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲
| 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 | 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴
| 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒 | 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳
| 𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐘𝐒𝐔𝐒 | 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴
| 𝐏𝐇𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐒 | 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘳
| 𝐂𝐎𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐒 | 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳
| 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐑 | 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘢𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘯𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴
| 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯
| 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦
| 𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄 | 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵
| 𝐏𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎 | 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯
| 𝐏𝐒𝐘𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐌𝐏 | 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
| 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐔𝐁𝐔𝐒 | 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯
| 𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐒 | 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴
| 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 | 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
| 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍 | 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 (*TW)
| 𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀 | 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘱𝘶𝘧𝘧
| 𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐀 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦
| 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴
| 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐋𝐄 | 𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯
| 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭'𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
| 𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 | 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘴
| 𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦
| 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐔𝐑 | 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵
| 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄 | 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵-𝘮𝘦-𝘯𝘰𝘵
| 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 | 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
| 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐒 | 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 (*TW)
| 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐇 | 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘬𝘦
| 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 | 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘴
| 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗 | 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦
| 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐄 | 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯
| 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃 | 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴...
| 𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐏𝐇 | 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴?
| 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐘𝐎𝐍 | 𝘰𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘢 (*TW)
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞
| 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐀𝐍 | 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘪𝘭

| 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 (*TW)

141 16 27
Von bouncygnocchi

TW: animal cruelty/violence

Hades was the greek God of the Underworld. He was the son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea, and brother of Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, and Hestia. He was known to be cold and pitiless, supervising the trial and punishment of the wicked after death.

»»————««

💙

a m o r a

We walked in silence out into the garden, past the hedges and shrubs, and into the far corner. Lucius was headed right towards the hutch, and my heart gave a small, panicked leap. I never realised he even knew about it.

With measured movements, he opened the gate and carefully picked Spot off the hay. He gave him to Erebus, and then Nutmeg to me. We held them close to our chest, Nutmeg's fur warm in my hands. Erebus was smiling as he scratched Spot on his head.

"Miss Rosier," Lucius turned to me. "I heard you rescued these rabbits from certain death?" 

"Yes," I said readily. "Erebus helped to build their hutch."

"Hm. How noble. They must've been terrified, being all alone with no protection." I managed a smile, not quite sure what he was driving at. "They won't have to worry about being eaten now," I said as I brought Nutmeg up to my face, pressing her softness against my nose.

Lucius was silent, letting a moment pass. "Now, I want you to kill them."

I was certain I heard him wrong. "What?"

"Kill them," Lucius said again, his voice void of any emotion.  Erebus glanced down at Spot, snuggled up in his arms. "H- how?"

"Oh, whichever way you want."

We could only stare at him. Lucius squinted up at the sky serenely, then back at us, waiting. My tongue could not even lift to ask the questions racing through my mind.

"Do it, or I will kill you both right where you stand."

My palms grew damp, my heart now racing a mile a minute, faster than Nutmeg's. He couldn't possibly be serious. Oh, but he was. Lucius never joked - he did not know how. I looked at Erebus. His eyes were wide with fear. Then, he lifted his wand to Spot, the black tip disappearing into his fur. Spot looked around obliviously, his twitching nose sniffing the clean air.

"Erebus," I whispered. "What are you doing?"

"Avada kedavra, Morie," he said. "It's painless. They won't feel a thing."

"But... but you won't. You can't!" I sputtered, beginning to panic.

His gaze lingered on me for only a second longer before he turned back to Spot and uttered the spell. A bright green light flashed, and there was a loud zap. Immediately, Spot went rigid and dropped onto the grass like a rock, his little white and black body stark against the soil. I stared at it, petrified with shock.

"Your turn, Rosier," he said as they both turned to me. Tears began to prick at my eyes, and I tightened my hold on Nutmeg.

"N- no."

"Go on, Morie," Erebus urged. "It isn't that hard once you've done it. I promise." I recoiled at that. "Are you even hearing yourself, Erebus?" I said, hoarse with disbelief. A dozen emotions flowed in my veins. Anger. Betrayal. Horror. Anxiety.

"They're just rabbits, Morie. They don't have feelings," he protested in earnest. Then, leaning closer to my ear - "would you rather get us both killed?"

Would I? They were just animals, after all. They would not even see what was coming. The Killing Curse was painless. They would be dead in an instant. One second was all it would take me, one tick of a clock's hand.

They were looking at me patiently. I could not breathe. It was as if a great stone had been placed on my chest.

"No," I said once more. Erebus pulled back in disappointment, and Lucius sighed. A long, drawn-out breath. "It looks like we'll have a lot to discuss, Rosier." He stretched an arm towards me. "Alright. Let's put her back."

I clutched at Nutmeg, unwilling to let go. He beckoned with his fingers silently. It's alright. I had chosen to let Nutmeg live, and I would bear the consequences, whatever they were.

Slowly, I placed her carefully back into Lucius hand. He took her from me, then clamping his other on Nutmeg's head, he twisted. Every vessel in my body froze, and my scream echoed around the silence of the garden. Nutmeg's limp body hung from the leathered cage of Lucius' hands.

"Those who are small and weak cannot fight back," said Lucius, his tone hard and unfeeling. "You must understand this now, Amora. Those who do not fight back are the easiest to conquer. That's how you will kill the baby." 

My knees crumpled, and I sank onto the ground helplessly. Lucius stalked off, his black cloak brushing me as he passed. Erebus stood behind me for a few moments in uncertainty before he, too, walked away, leaving me staring at the two dead bunnies in soundless grief.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I dropped to my knees by her bed, almost in sorrowful worship, weeping into the thin sheets as quietly as I could.

The image was burned into my mind - the loud snap, the ugly angle of Nutmeg's broken neck, the feeling of their hardened still-warm flesh in mine as I dug the hole in tears to bury them in. They had been nothing but babies still.

Those who are small and weak cannot fight back. You must understand this now, Amora. Those who do not fight back are the easiest to conquer.

I thought of the time when Angel would give birth. I would be there to coax the child from her, pat it so that it screamed, so I knew it was alive. And then, just as I had brought it into the world, I would take it out, whichever way I wanted. Lucius had said it as though it was a great privilege to choose the method of which to murder.

If I defied him, what then? He would leave me behind in the new world he sought to create. He would give me up to the Ministry officials. I would be trialed. There was no chance I would be allowed back at Hogwarts ever again. My life would disappear, forever. The only way I could ever be a somebody was to follow through with the plan and pray we win.

And how quickly Erebus had turned on his words. He did not mean a single word of anything he had told me at all. He was a liar. He was a monster. And I was stupid enough to fall for it - all of it. His comforting words and golden hair and sky-coloured eyes.

Angel had sat up in surprise. Her arm draped over my silently, but I could not bear to look at her. I was ashamed. Minutes passed, and eventually the sobs wore out my body. She was still looking at me. I was transparent, made of water and air.

"How can I do this?" My voice scratched my throat.

"It's unfair. You're only eighteen," she said, gently. It was not meant to sway me, merely an observation. "Would you like to hear a story?"

I needed something, anything, to distract me, to comfort me. Yes, I said.

"You know the constellation Ophiuchus. You must have seen it a dozen times. It means 'serpent bearer'. Well, Ophiuchus is out there somewhere. Sometimes we can't see it, but it's always there, just like the rest of the constellations."

"So?" I sniffled.

"So, there's a place in the sky for each and every one of us. Sometimes, we become faded when we let people tell us who we are. But remember, Amora." My name sounded like spun sugar on her tongue. "We know ourselves best. We only need to choose to fade in."

She turned her body to face me fully, resting her face on the back of her palm. "You know, years ago, I met a young boy who made all the wrong choices. He didn't know what he had signed up for until it was too late. They made him do awful things, and -"

"Awful things like what?" I interrupted.

"Awful things like murdering Dumbledore. Like bringing Harry to Voldemort."

I knew immediately who she was speaking of. "But he didn't."

"He didn't."

"Because he couldn't bear to. He was good."

"No," she said. "Not because he couldn't bear to. Because he chose to."

Anxiety gripped me again. "I will be punished," I whispered. She reached out to tuck a stray hair from my face, and I stiffened at the sensation. No one had ever done except my mother when I was very young. "Call me naive, but I believe that things work out the way you choose," said Angel. "It's your life, Morie, but who lives it? You, or Lucius?"

"I'm not ready to die for it," my voice trembled.

"Then don't," smiled Angel. "You don't have to. But death isn't so lonely when you've got love with you, don't you think?"

"Erebus doesn't love me. He wouldn't help me."

"There are other people who care for you, Morie."

"Who?" I was quick to challenge. "My deadbeat criminal of a father who literally broke out of jail to commit war crimes?"

Her fingers were cold as they pressed into the flesh of my palm. The sensation was strangely comforting, like a cold towel on a fevered forehead. "We're friends, aren't we?"

I nodded hesitantly.

"Then I love you," she said, with conviction.

The room was still except for a cool breeze that fluttered the curtains. I stared at her. The words had rolled off her tongue so easily, like they were the first words she had ever learnt. They washed over me like the ocean on a summer's day, wrapped me in warmth like a fire's hearth on a cold, January night. Something about the way she said it, so raw, honest, true. It took me nothing to believe her.

She was smiling at me, not in any particular way. Small and soft, like the petals of wildflowers. Her lips were dry, the skin pulling up from the hollows of her cheeks, and her hair was matted, but her eyes glistened with the certainty of the sun.

A captive showing kindness and empathy to the captor. It was unheard of. It took a special power to be kind to the people who were waiting to kill you in a few months, like a farmer fattening his sow before a feast.

But it was the kind of power that could defy Death himself. It was a power I desired, the strength it endowed. No wand or magic could ever recreate it.

Several things clicked inside me all at once. A strange yearning for her freedom. I wanted to be friends with her, proper friends. I wanted to talk with her and spill my soul. I wanted her to be happy with Draco. I wanted her to once more radiate the same passion as when she was telling me about him.

A fierce and sudden determination flared within me. I returned her smile, thanked her, and picked myself off the floor. My face was stiff with dried tears as I walked to the bathroom. The water was cold on my skin. Still in a stupor, my body was compelled forward back to my room.

I would help Angel. She did not need to know this, and perhaps it would not in the bold, dashing way she expected from her Draco. It would be in my own way.

My quill scrawled over the parchment easily, as if in agreement with what I was about to do. I folded the note into an envelope, pressing the seal as lightly as I could into the hot wax, so that it would be thick and secure.

Outside, the gardens looked absolutely beautiful, its green leaves glorying in the Spring afternoon. I whistled a song, a casual tune. Or at least, that was what people would think, or anyone who could be listening. But not me, and not my owl.

It came from behind the roof above my window, landing on the sill without so much as a rustle. It knew not to coo or make any sound, just as I taught it.

"Draco Malfoy," I muttered under my breath, before picking up my whistling tune again. Its talons picked up the parchment, and when I looked at the corner again, it was gone as soundlessly as it came.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.2K 118 59
Oh my love, My sweet love. Draco never thought that he could find the love that he found in Mara. Their love blossoming in their fourth year was th...
99.8K 1.7K 54
☆ first story in the sequel ☆ ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ "We need a name for this," I said. He asked, "Enemies to lovers?" I chuckled. "We aren't lovers, Malfoy." "How...
1.2K 98 27
A Draco Malfoy love story, enemies to lovers. Y/n, a pretty sweet little witch, with some anger issues, is quite the bitch sometimes. They hate each...
134 4 3
A Gryffindor turned Death Eater. A Reaper so fearsome he made the gates of hell look like heaven. And an age old Malfoy matrimonial ritual that bin...