Her Beautiful Innocence

By iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... More

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱

15.2K 337 28
By iguessiwritebooksnow

A/N: Thanks for 1.6k reads!! Sorry if you don't like the song ^ but I'm just vibing while I write this lol

Sophia's POV

Yesterday, Friday, nothing really happened. I went to all my classes and ate lunch at Natalie's table. I decided to switch between Natalie and Evie's table, so I can catch up with all of them. I didn't talk to Grayson again, or saw him at school at all, but Kyle and I sometimes chatted when we crossed in the hallways. And Logan, the sweet guy he was, brought me to most of my classes.

I also, and luckily for me, didn't have to talk to Josephine again. We've seen each other during lunch or outside one or two times, she'd then wave at me with that obvious fake 'hi bestie!' façade. I returned it with a small smile every time.

I did my homework yesterday when I came home, so I am completely free today and tomorrow. This morning, I literally darted out of bed and showered. Liv was going to be here in half an hour! 

I put on an outfit I quickly fished out of my closet.

The doorbell rang and I looked at my alarm clock on my night stand. Is Liv already here? It's still 25 minutes too early...

I hopped down the stairs and opened the front door, gasping, my eyes widened when I saw Liv standing there. She squealed and made herself bigger, putting her arms to the side, beckoning me to give her a hug. 

Without a second thought, I flew into her embrace and she interlocked her hands behind me, trapping me inside her. 

"Liv! Oh my God, I cannot believe you're actually here!" I tightened my hold around her. It may only have been a week and a few days, but that was long enough for both me and her. 

"Me neither," she mumbled into my hair. "I can't tell you how happy I am to see you. You can show me all around town!" She released me and I told her to come inside. 

"Sorry, it's a bit earlier than we agreed on, but I wanted to surprise you," she smiled cheekily. I laughed. 

"Of course, that's no problem! More time to spend with you," I said, showing a toothy smile. I most-likely wasn't going to be able to get rid of this smile for a while.  

Liv wasn't shy to admit that she was starving after the long car ride she had to endure. Liv's already seventeen and has her driving's licence, along with her own car she bought with the money she had saved up.

We ordered pizza and I grabbed all the ingredients we were going to need for the brownies I wanted to make. I wasn't a star at cooking or baking, to be honest, I was pretty bad, but I did enjoy it and I wanted this to be some kind of 'welcome' gift.

Besides, anything with your best friend is fun. Especially with Liv, she can turn the most boring situations into a hilarious, memorable moment. 

"Okay, so wait... Am I supposed to put the butter in now?" Liv asked me, her hands already dirty. I really don't know how me and Liv turned the used-to-be-clean kitchen into a complete mess in only a few minutes. 

"Erm...I don't know. But aren't you meant to be mixing the eggs?" We didn't have a recipe for brownies laying around here, so we used our imagination and tried it ourselves, hoping we did it right. It could end up even better than the original, or as a complete disaster... 

I giggled at her confused expression. "Eggs? There are egg - of course there are eggs in brownies!" She face-palmed herself, making me laugh even harder. I was warming up the oven and putting the flour in an apart bowl. 

After about 8 or 10 more minutes, we were done preparing them. The only job left is baking them. I tripled excitedly over to the warmed-up opening and stuck the platter with raw brownies in. 

"They already smell so good!" Liv exclaims, I nodded in agreement. I knew we were going to be impatient and want to eat it before they are fully ready, so I set an alarm and took Liv to the living room. She sat down on the couch and I laid with my head on her lap, we always used to sit in this position during movie nights. 

"What do you want to watch?" I asked her. She absentmindedly stroked my hair, her face seeming distant. 

"I don't really mind, you can choose tonight," she replied after a while of thinking. I changed my head's position and gazed up at her. "Really?"

We liked the same genres, which are basically almost every one there is, and have the same taste. So it really is convenient.

"Yeah, I always pick a movie. Now it's your turn," she spoke softly, smiling back down at me. I thought about it for a minute.

"Ooh, I know!" I said eagerly. "What about The Fault in Our Stars? I've heard that it's an amazing movie. The book is also really good," I told her. She looked content with my suggestion and smiled. 

We put it on and turned the volume up, we chatted in-between a bit. About what's been happening in both our lives, at school, with family, friends and all.

When the timer on my phone sounded, I paused the movie and checked on the delicious-smelling goodies. As I pulled the lever of the oven open, a cloud of the chocolaty cookies scent blew in my face. I inhaled deeply. "They smell wonderful!" I yelled towards the living room.

I heard light steps coming nearer. "They look wonderful, too," she noted, gaping at them. If this was a cartoon, we'd both have been drooling already.  

We took a bite on the count of three. My teeth sunk in and I moaned in delight. They were perfectly baked, not a minute too long or short. The right amount of sugar and flour, everything! 

We ate two or three pieces more and stored the rest in the fridge for later. We went back to the couch and resumed watching the movie.

-

All the names of the cast, director, writers and producers displayed on the screen. By now I was fully crying, tears streaming down my face. Yes, I was very sensitive with movies. Liv wasn't surprised, she knows that I always cry during sad scenes. It has a happy ending, everyone's smiling and laughing, everyone's dead and crying... It doesn't matter, I'll cry either way. 

A notification popped onto my phone screen with a bleep. I sniffed and scanned my phone over quickly. A text message? Who from? I wondered as I searched for a name. 

Natalie: hey sophia, its natalie. i just wanted to let you know that theres a party tonight. (

Another text followed under it with an adress.

Natalie: if you come, and i rlly hope u do, take it as an opportunity to get to know other students of the school better. it starts at 8 and ends at 3am. u dont have to stay till then, u can go whenever you want, but im telling u that your friend eva will 100% be there!

A party? An actual high school party? Why would she invite me?
I started typing back.

Me: a party? idk natalie.. parties really arent my 'thing'. 

I continued my questions shooting.

Me: its evie, actually. but how do u know that she will be there? did she tell you?

Natalie: she didnt exactly tell me, but she always goes. she never misses a party, leslie told me. come on, sophia. im not going to pressure u into going but i rlly think u might enjoy it. u need to let loose a bit, u always focus so much on your grades and everything. have some fun! youll never know who youll meet ;) 

Okay, she sounded exactly like Liv right now. She always told me to 'let loose' as well. This is my chance, I have to take it. And maybe, not that I care or anything, but maybe he will show up. Either way, I'll have Liv with me. Liv never backs down from a fun adventure, definitely not a party.

"Hey, Liv?" I asked, looking up from on her lap. She smirked down at me when she saw my tear-streaked face.

"Aww, are you alright?" she cooed ironically. I playfully sent her a glare and she laughed. "You just can't look angry, can you?"

I rolled my eyes and gently elbowed her. She just raised her brows.
"Do you want to go to a..." I still wasn't one hundred percent sure if I wanted to go, but proposed it to her anyway. "A party? I think a lot of people from my school will be there," I told her. 

I expected her to bounce around the house with energy, but she stayed still. "Are you...you asking me...to go to a party?" 

I nodded my head slowly, and before I could blink, she jumped up abruptly and let me roll off her lap onto the ground. "Ow!" I yelped, my face flat on the ground. 

"Oops, sorry!" she giggled. "I'm so... Wow! I can't believe you're asking me to a party! Since when do you go to parties?" 

I snorted, shaking my head. "I'm telling you, I can't believe it either. And I don't. I haven't gone to a party before," I explained, although she wasn't listening, she was already dancing around.

She pulled me by my wrist upstairs, into my bedroom, and set me down on the bed. She did it so fast, I thought for a moment she had turned into Flash! 

"Okay, so what kind of party is it?" she asked me curiously, already planning things inside her head. I didn't know either, so I messaged Natalie. 

Natalie: i wouldnt wear anything chique, a normal dress or shorts will be fine. itll be pretty dark there, only a few lights, so unless people talk to you or come closer by, they wont recognise you. 

I sent her a 'thank you' text back and threw my phone on the bed. I told Liv what Natalie had said to me and she immediately went to work. And by that, I mean that she almost literally dove into my closet.

She mumbled a few things to herself, speculating on what she should pick out. She held different outfits and skirts out by her hand, and then put them back after deciding otherwise.

Five minutes later, the carpet close to my closet wasn't even visible anymore. She, instead of returning the clothes to their proper places, threw them on the ground and left them there. I didn't mention it though, Liv was in her own world and would probably ignore me until her 'job' was done. 

"Yes! This is the one," she said while holding a dress at arm-length away from her. It was a navy coloured, loose romper. It was summer-y, yet a hint of elegance in it. The shorts were a bit too short for my liking and the V-neck made me nervous. It would fit her perfectly. 

I honestly couldn't remember when I bought this, maybe I got it as a gift. It's not specifically my type, don't get me wrong, I love the fit, but I'm just not confident enough to wear something like that. People always judge.

"I hope that one is for you," I said nervously. Liv had a lot of clothes in her house that my parents would never even allow me to buy. I know they shouldn't be able to tell me what I can and can't wear, certainly not if it's with my money, but I never said anything against it. It wasn't until today that I would have considered wearing such a revealing, yet absolutely beautiful piece of clothing. 

"Oh no, this is for me. I have something else for you," she wiggled her brows at me. I looked at her skeptically. What was she planning?

She reached into the bag she brought with her and pulled something out. A present? 

It was something folded into wrapping paper. It looked squichable and soft. She handed it over to me with a big smile on her face. "What's this?" I asked her pryingly. 

"A gift from me to you." The smile hasn't left her face yet. 

"But why?" I hastily added, "I'm sorry, I haven't gotten you anything." She shook her head lightly, as if telling me I shouldn't have to.

"It's for your birthday." I gasped silently. I almost forgot about my birthday, it's in three days! "I know it's in three days, but this is the perfect opportunity, and I'll already be gone by tomorrow. It's better to give it to you personally," she finished.

"Liv..." I opened my mouth but got interrupted by a hand covering my bottom-face and a shushing sound. 

"I know what you're going to say, and yes, Sophia, I do know that I don't need to do this, you tell me every year. But, I also always tell you that I want to. Now open it so I can see your reaction!" She sat down on the bed, watching eargerly. 

I sighed and started cautiously tearing the paper, scared to accidentally rip the present apart. I was right when I thought that it could've been clothes. Because it were.

I laid them down on the bed and my mouth hung open in shock. Was I supposed to wear this?

A/N:  Please VOTE if you liked it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 596 27
Re-writing/editing It's strange how quickly your life can change. How it can go from happiness and joy all the time to sorrow and dread with a single...
The Boy Next Door By Zoe 🦒

Mystery / Thriller

163K 5.2K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...
201K 6.8K 43
#79 in Chicklit {highest ranking} [Completed] WARNING -This is my first books so read at your own risk plus please don't judge my writing with just t...
1.4M 45.2K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...