The Wrong Brother ✏️

By JessicaMorel0

Alexandria Romano was always her family's golden girl. Her father taught her everything he knew in the hopes... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Note

Chapter Two

894 38 3
By JessicaMorel0

Chapter Two:
Alexandria's POV

"What do you mean he is still here?" My voice a few octave higher as poor Lucy stands in front of me unsure what else to say.

For five days Sylvester Ferraro has appeared at my restaurant. Every time it is the same routine, he insists on speaking with me, explains once again that my debt has been dissolved, asks me to eat with him and then when I decline he eats alone.

Today he arrived during the lunch service and now dinner service has just ended and my hostess has just told me he is still here. The man is plaguing my thoughts as it is why does he have to be here?!

"He said he was trying a new tact." Lucy says clearly oblivious to my inner turmoil. "He is gorgeous." She murmurs.

Yes, he is but I don't need a man in my life. I might have a want but I have no need. I can't do that to Noah and let's face it I don't have the best track record. Getting drunk and shacking up with a random as the ball dropped in New York on New Years Eve, not one of my best decisions.

"Tell him I have gone home." I say quickly and Lucy nods.

"And here I thought you were the honest one." A low male voice answers before Lucy can carry out my instructions.

Lucy looks between the pair of us for some clue as to what to do next.

"Go home Luce."

"You sure?"

"Christian is sending a car for me."

"Tell Noah I say hi!" She says cheerily and I cringe.

Sylvester watches Lucy leave before spinning back towards me.

"Noah?" The curiosity in his voice shakes me as he asks the one question I wish he didn't.

"Was the meal not to your satisfaction?" I ask changing the subject and his lips tug up slightly as if knowing my plan.

"Quite the opposite. I especially like dessert, my waitress told me that was your creation."

"Dessert was the only part of the kitchen my father let me have control over." I say with a sad smile. "What did you have?" I ask before I can stop my self and he grins.

"Tiramisu."

I can't help but smile back at him. Realising I have lost myself I shake my head and clear my throat.

"What can I do for you Mr Ferraro?"

"Sylvester, please. I was wondering if you had thought any more about my proposition?"

"Proposition?"

"Making things up to you."

"I told you we were fine Mr Ferraro."

"Sylvester."

"There is nothing to make up."

"I beg to differ pet. Maybe I could give you a ride home?"

"No thank you."

"You are making this awfully difficult for me Alexandria."

"I'm not going to date you Sylvester."

"Drinks?" He suggests without waiting a beat and I can't help but laugh.

"Goodnight Sylvester."

"See you tomorrow?"

"I'll be here."

"And I'll try again."

"Why?" I ask and his cool and composure slips slightly. "Be honest with me Sylvester. What sparked your interest in me? I have seen the women you date."

"Googled me?" He asks wiggling his brows. I say nothing and he sighs. "Two reasons, one you are fifty times more interesting then any of the women I have ever dated and two your cousin pulled his investment from our family business."

"Christian is involved in-"

"Our legitimate family business." Sylvester cuts me off before I can freak out.

"So you are perusing me so that my cousin will reinvest?"

"My brothers and cousin insisted but I was thankful because it gave me a reason to see you again."

"Ahh."

"No Alexandria, please. I really did want a reason to see you again. I-"

"Goodnight Sylvester. Lock the door on the way out."

...

Sylvester's POV

She had just left. That moment played over and over again in my head. Grabbed her hand bag and phone, walked out of her office without a backwards glance and left me to shut up her restaurant.

It had taken me hours to fall asleep and even then I had dreamt of her so when Marcello called at six in the morning I wasn't impressed.

"Well done." He says in English, his Italian accent not as prominent today.

"Well done what?"

"With the Romano girl."

I sit bolt upright in my bed.

"Alexandria?"

"Yeah, I believe that is her name but well done. DeLuca reinvested in the early hours of this morning."

Marcello continues to prattle on about business, he even puts his wife Anna on the phone but I don't listen to a thing.

She talked to her cousin. Alexandria talked to him.
Did she do it because she cares or because she wanted me to have zero reason to see her?

...

And so she got her wish and I haven't seen her in almost four fucking months. It has been the longest four months of my life.

"What's wrong with you you?" Max asks I groan for probably the tenth time in the last hour.

"I need to see her."

"Who?"

"Alexandria."

"The Romano girl? Didn't she turn you down?"

I ignore him and hit a few numbers before pressing my phone to my ear.

"Hi you've called The Romano, my name is Lucy. How can I help?"

"Lucy, it is Sylvester Ferraro."

"Wow, hi. It has been a while."

"Indeed it has. Is my table available tonight?"

"Eight ok?"

"Perfect. Will Ms Romano be there tonight?"

"Allie?" Lucy laughs. "She never leaves."

The idea of Alexandria working herself to the bone at that restaurant leaves me feeling fiercely protective of her. Lucy and I say our goodbyes and I turn back to my younger brother who has a knowing grin on his face.

"Plans for dinner then?"

"Oh fuck off." 

The rest of my day moves unbearably slow and I find myself counting the minutes until I can see Alexandria. I push through the restaurant doors at quarter to eight unable to last another second.

I see her instantly, her gaze lowered to the reservation book. Her hair is longer although that is to be expected.

"I'll be one second." She says without looking up but obviously sensing my presence. She doodles some note on the edge of the book. "Okay, how can I- Sylvester?"

"Good evening Alexandria. I trust you are well."

She looks positively shocked at the sight of me.

"What are you...w-what are...what?" She stumbles over her words and I like that for once my presence turns her into a bumbling mess instead of the fiery woman who wants to kick my ass.

"What am I doing here? Well, I'd very much like to have dinner with you."

"I'm-"

"She is free." A perky looking blonde steps up behind her and speaking in English her American accent standing out first. She looks vaguely familiar but I can't place her. "I'll man the desk til Lucy gets back. Go have fun Allie." The blonde pushes her in my direction and Alexandria turns back to glare at her. 

"Frankie, you need to get home." Alexandria says her eyes still narrowed.

"Christian can play dad for another half an hour. The kids will love it." The blonde laughs.

Christian?

That is why I know her. This is the infamous Francesca DeLuca, stripper turned billionaire's wife and novelist.

"Sylvester Ferraro." I stick my hand out towards her and she grins.

"Frankie DeLuca." She shakes my hand with gusto. "Take good care of my Allie now. Don't you hurt her."

"I wouldn't dream of it." I wink and Alexandria groans beside me.

"Take table twelve." Frankie points over into the corner. "See you at home Allie."

With a huff Alexandria turns towards the table. I do a few skips to catch up to her and rest my hand on her lower back as we walk. My contact makes her gasp slightly and the noise make me harden instantly. Bloody vixen.

"Thank you." I say softly as she sits in the chair I offer her.

"For dinner or for leaving my reservation desk in the hands of someone who only know two phrases in Italian neither of which are appropriate for my family business?"

Though she seems mad there is a flicker of amusement in her eyes as she looks back at Frankie.

"Both."

I catch her eyes and almost a minute passes where neither of us moves nor breathes.

"I'm going to be honest Alexandria, I have been able to stop thinking about you."

Her eyes widen at my truth and her cheeks tinge pink.

Alexandria's POV

Damn him!

Damn this charming Italian man who seems to say all the right things.

How dare he tell me that!

I'm so thankful when the waiter comes over relieving me of actually having to reply.

I order for us when Sylvester simply leans back in his chair with a 'have at it' gesture and a small smile.

"Maybe we could have coffee tomorrow?"

"Getting a little head of yourself aren't you?" I tease and Sylvester shrugs.

"I know a good thing when I see it. I don't want to let you get away Alexandria." 

...

"Sylvester Ferraro has wormed his way into my life." I groan to Frankie over breakfast and she laughs.

"And you wouldn't have it any other way."

I glare at her even though deep down I know she is right. I like him, actually like him. He is funny and has a quick wit about him that makes him all the more charming and he seems to enjoy 'chasing' me.

The kids bound into the kitchen and just like that the subject is changed.

I have seen Sylvester every day for the last two weeks. Whether it be dinner or lunch he meets me at the restaurant and we share a meal. We never seem to run out things to talk about. He has told me about his family, the legal stuff. His mum is German and his dad Italian and once he told me his looks and body shape made so much sense.

He has two brothers and a cousin with whom he is very close and I smile at the thought. Other than Christian I don't see much of my family. Even less after I had Noah, a lot of our religious family members disagreed with me having a baby out of 'wedlock'.

I share a lot with Sylvester but not everything. Noah is the one part of my life I keep to myself. I'm not sure I'm ready to share.

"Morning." Christian greets the room with his usual confidence. "Allie, I wanted to talk business." His CEO smirk scares me a little but his wife nudges me forward and I follow Christian into the foyer.

"What's up?"

"How is everything?" He asks and I study him for a moment wondering how much Frankie has shared.

"Fine."

"Still in debt?"

"The place is struggling but the Ferraro debt is no more."

"Good."

"I know it was your doing so thank you."

"You are welcome."

"When Sylvester mentioned that you pulled your investment I was touched and also shocked."

"You have been speaking to Sylvester Ferraro?"

"Well yeah." I shrug.

"You like him." Christian states, he doesn't ask.

I don't bother trying to deny it because the true is I do. I don't know what as but there is something intriguing about Sylvester Ferraro.

"I don't like this." Christian speaks his piece. "I'd never tell you not to do something but it worries me."

"Thank you for the concern. Was that all the business talk?"

"No actually." Christian pushes his hand through his hair. "I want to buy the restaurant. Put it under the DeLuca Corp banner, look after you."

"Chris..."

"I know it is sudden but think about it."

Think about it is all I do. I even run the idea passed Sylvester who thinks it makes good business sense. He popped in early today saying he had business to attend to later. I didn't ask for details because quite frankly I don't think I would have liked the answer.

"Mama." Noah's voice snaps me out of my thoughts as he walks into my office, his school bag sliding from his arms onto the floor.

"Good afternoon my love. How was school?"

"Boring." Noah shrugs, he isn't one for sitting behind a desk that is for sure.

"Do you have homework?"

"No..."

"Noah." My mum tone rings through and Noah averts his eyes.

"Ok yes, but it is hardly anything."

"Then it should take you hardly any time." I smirk at my son who rolls his eyes. "Come on. You can sit at the bar. I have to get back to the kitchen."

...

THANKS FOR READING!

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
202K 4.6K 46
"I can show how much of a 'little' guy I am." He said emphasizing the little. He came closer to me. Our lips were inches away. I could smell the scen...
227K 8.7K 30
Book 2...Book 1 is The Thug Next Door. Synopsis: Five year since the tragic prom incident sent Rico on a spiral back into a life of drugs, women, an...
The Arrangement By ❦

Mystery / Thriller

462K 10.1K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...