Stolen Hearts (Harry Potter x...

By avocadoriceandmilk

*•.~(Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) *** "Well," said Harry. "There's always Moaning Myrtle," Y/N laughed. "Like... More

..Author's Notes & Welcome!..
..Prologue..
Y3~The Beginning of something new..
Y3~..Sirius Black..
Y3~Tea Leaves & Buckbeak..
Y3~..Hogsmade & Quidditch..
Y3~..Snow days at Hogwarts..
Y3~..A Firebolt..
Y3~..The Stag & Doe..
Y3~A Hippogriff's fate..
Y3~..The Truth Comes Out..
..Author's Notes..
Y4•+*..Catching up..
Y4•+*..The Burrow..
Y4•+*..Quidditch World Cup 1994..
Y4•+*..More coffee, anyone?
Y4•+*..The Triwizard Tournament & Unforgivable Curses..
Y4•+*..Guests & Champions..
Y4•+*..Potter Stinks..
Y4•+*..The First Task & S.P.E.W..
Y4•+*..Dance Lessons & Partners
Y4•+*..The Yule Ball
Y4•+*..The Prefect's Bathroom..
Y4•+*..The Second Task & a reconciliation..
Y4•+*..Rita Skeeter..
Y4•+*The Third Task & Goodbyes..
..Author's Notes..

Y3~..Boggarts..

1.5K 49 32
By avocadoriceandmilk

Buckbeak landed on the ground gently, many people cheered except the Slytherins who looked bitter.

Y/N and Harry jumped off the Hippogriff's back, looking pleased.

"How am I doing on my first day?" asked Hagrid, looking hopeful.

"Amazing!"

"Brilliant!"

"Hey!"

Malfoy had pushed his way through the crowd frowning.

"Yeah, so your not so dangerous at all, are you? You great ugly brutte."

"Malfoy.." said Hagrid anxiously.

Buckbeak seemed alarmed, he flapped his wings dangerously.

"Malfoy!" Y/N yelled, outraged by this man's actions.

Malfoy however didn't seem to hear her, he looked up horrified, and placed his arms above his head, trying to shield himself.

Buckbeak raised his both front legs and let out a screech before finally scratching the back of Malfoy's arm.

There was a commotion of screams and gasps as Malfoy fell to the floor, clutching his arm as he rolled over, whining.

"Its killed me! Its killed me!"

Harry rolled his eyes, Y/N bit her lip anxiously.

"Buckbeak!" said Hagrid looking aghast. He grabbed a dead ferret and threw it in the opposite direction away from Malfoy.

Buckbeak ran to it and gobbled it up. Meanwhile Hagrid was standing over Malfoy, panicking.

"Calm down its just a scratch!"

"I'm dying!" screamed Malfoy. "Look at me!"

"yer-not dying!" said Hagrid looking pale. "Someone help me- someone open them gates!"

Hermione was the first to react and rushed over to the gates and swung them open while Hagrid picked carried Malfoy in his arms.

"Class dismissed!" he yelled.

"You'll regret this," Malfoy moaned from afar. "You and your bloody chicken.."

Harry stared, Buckbeak walked up to him, and tilted his head with her beak.

Harry jumped and looked, he smiled and caressed Buckbeak's back.

***

"You don't think they'll — fire, Hagrid, do you?" said Hermione anxiously as they walked back to Gryffindor Tower after dinner.

"They better not," said Y/N, though she looked worried, she hadn't eaten a lot.

"Do you think Malfoy'll be alright?" said Hermione nervously.

"Course he will," said Harry bitterly. "Madam Pomfrey can mend cuts in about a second, besides, I've had worse injuries."

"I feel really bad for Hagrid," said Ron, he muttered the password and they walked through the portrait hole. "It was his first class and he was really excited."

"But Draco Dramatic Malfoy had to ruin it, didn't he?" said Y/N through gritted teeth, she sighed. "I'm going to bed, it's been a long day and tomorrow we've got Transfiguration first thing in the morning."

"We don't want Mcgonagall telling us off," said Hermione, she bid Ron and Harry good night and walked up to the girls dormitory, she turned to face Y/N. "You coming?"

"Huh? Oh yeah!"

Y/N bid Harry and Ron goodnight, giving them a warm smile and walked up to the girls dormitory along with Hermione.

She was about to push the door open before she looked at the common room once more.

Harry was making his way over to the boys dormitory with Ron.

"Hey, Hey! Harry!" she whispered.

Harry looked up, "Yeah?"

"I had fun today.."

Harry smiled shyly, "I did too."

Y/N gave him a smile before she pushed the door open and entered the girls dormitory.

She changed into her pajamas and jumped onto her bed, exhausted.

"I thought you told me and Ron you were going to prove Harry was just a friend?" Hermione whisper-shouted through the dark dormitory.

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked.

"Don't act dumb, Y/N! Ginny told me everything!"

"Ginny?"

Hermione sighed. "Early the next day she told me that you were staring at Harry with a goofy smile on your lips!"

"That's because he makes good entertainment with Seamus!!" said Y/N, throwing her hands up. You saw how they were acting when the fat lady was," she cleared her throat. "Singing.."

"Mhm, sure. But it sounds...."

"You've got to be kidding me." Y/N covered her eyes frustratingly. "Don't you dare finish that sentence!"

"But its true!" said Hermione, looking at her through the dark.

"No, its not Hermione." said Y/N. "Me and Harry are just friends. End of story."

"Oh alright." said Hermione. "I'll be watching you."

"Please don't."

Hermione laughed lightly. "Good night Y/N."

"Night Mione."

***

Malfoy didn't reappear to classes until next late next Thursday, while the Gryffindors and Slytherins were  in Potions with Professor Snape, the potions master.

They were making a new potion today, a Shrinking Solution.

Y/N looked up from her roots she was trying to cut into equal pieces when the door of the dungeon swung open and Malfoy walked in.

But what annoyed Y/N the most was the way he was acting, he looked like half a drunk and had just survived a battle.

Y/N heard Harry mutter under his breath.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor," said Malfoy, trying to make his voice sound hoarse.

"It's fine, Mr. Malfoy." said Professor Snape. "Settle down."

Malfoy grabbed his cauldron and his gray eyes scanned the room until they landed on Y/N.

She scowled at him and resumed her cutting, she tried to be patient but that was failing as Malfoy sat right across her, on the same table as Harry, Ron and Hermione

She saw a slight smirk spread across his face, and shook his head.

"Sir," he called.

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy?" said Snape, looking up from his desk.

"I can't cut up my roots, my arm you see.."

He lifted it up so Snape could see and pretended to wince.

Y/N pursed her lips and she dropped her roots into her cauldron carefully.

"Ah yes, Weasley!" Snape called. Ron, who was trying his best to not look up, cursed. "Cut up Malfoy's roots for him."

Ron made a frustrating gesture with his hands and grabbed Malfoy's roots and knife.

"There's — nothing — wrong — with — your — arm!" he hissed.

Malfoy smirked, he turned to face Y/N.

"What's up with you?" he asked.

"Nothing." Y/N replied, refusing to look at him.

Malfoy chuckled.

"Actually — Malfoy," said Y/N, looking up.

He hummed in response.

"Haven't you ever heard of — using your other arm..?" she asked calmly, although her voice was slightly trembling.

Harry looked flabbergasted, she was being so calm.

"Oh Y/N," said Malfoy. "I'm not used to doing anything on this arm."

Before Y/N could answer Ron had set down his knife harshly on the table.

"There!" he said impatiently.

Malfoy looked at his roots in disapproval.

"Tsk, tsk. This won't do. Professor!" he drawled. "Weasley didn't make the roots into equal pieces."

Snape got up and approached there table, he looked down at the roots and gave Ron a bitter smile.

"Change roots with Malfoy, Weasley."

"But sir —!"

Ron had spent the last quarter of an hour cutting his roots into equal pieces.

"Now."

"Oh no you don't!" said Y/N, she slammed her hand onto Ron's. "Your keeping your roots!"

"Y/N!" said Ron, looking anxious on what was about to come. "It's fine-!"

"Miss L/N, what are you doing?" said Snape coldly.

"Listen here Professor, just because Mr. Malfoy here can't do anything with that arm — it doesn't mean he can't do it with the other one!"

"Professor," said Malfoy, looking pleased. "I'm not used to doing anything with my other arm."

"Well you'll have to try," Y/N muttered.

"Ms. L/N I suggest you drop the topic unless you don't want to get detention."

"Y/N!" Hermione called desperately.

"Malfoy doesn't even have a broken arm." said Y/N in protest. "It's just a cut!"

"A deep cut." Malfoy corrected. "And my arm is too weak to do anything."

"You — little —" Y/N grabbed her knife.

"Y/N, stop!" said Harry, looking alarmed.

"Put the knife down!" said Snape, though he looked clearly frightened.

Y/N let go of the knife, and Snape smirked in satisfaction and faced Ron once more.

"Hand over your roots."

Ron did as he was told, pushing them towards Malfoy as he handed him the un-even roots.

"And, sir, I'll need this shrivelfig skinned,"

"Potter, you can skin Malfoy's shrivelfig," said Snape, giving Harry a look of loathing.

Y/N watched as Ron tried to cut up the roots into equal pieces once more and as Harry skinned Malfoy's shrivelfig as fast as he could.

"Seen your pal Hagrid lately?" he asked them quietly.

"Shut it." said Harry stiffly, flinging the shrivelfig back to him.

"Fathers not very happy about my injury," said Malfoy, pouring the roots into the cauldron.

"Keep talking, Malfoy, and I'll give you a real injury," snarled Ron.

"Oh Har Har Weasley." Malfoy drawled.

"Orange Longbottom?" said Snape coldly as he looked at Neville's cauldron.

He said it loud enough so everyone could hear him.

"Tell me, boy. Didn't I tell you that only one rat spleen was needed? What do I have to do to make you understand, Longbottom?"

"That man is going to make me lose my mind," Y/N said through gritted teeth.

"Please, sir," said Hermione as she watched Neville. "I could help Neville put it right —"

"I don't remember you asking to show off Miss Granger," said Snape, Hermione turned pink. "Longbottom, at the end of this lesson we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens."

Snape moved away, leaving Neville breathless with fear.

"Help me!" he mouthed to Hermione.

Hermione gave a brisk nodded and started muttering small instructions into his ear, turning away abruptly when Snape's eyes scanned the room.

By the end of the lesson, Snape strode over to Neville's cauldron.

"Everyone gather around," said Snape. "and watch what happens to Longbottom's toad. If he has managed to produce a Shrinking Solution, it will shrink to a tadpole. If, as I don't doubt, he has done it wrong, his toad is likely to be poisoned."

Y/N put a hand on Neville's shoulder comfortingly.

The Gryffindors watched fearfully as the Slytherins watched, smirking and looking excited.

Snape picked up Trevor the toad in his left hand and dipped a small spoon into Neville's potion, which was now green. He tickled a few down Trevors throat.

There was a moment of intense silence and then there was small pop, and Trevor the tadpole was wriggling in Snape's palm.

Gryffindor burst into applause's, Y/N hugged Neville sideways who beamed.

"I though I told you Miss Granger to not help, Longbottom," said Snape, looking sour. He poured a few drops of a bottle on Trevor and he returned to his usual form. "Five points from Gryffindor. Class dismissed."

Gryffindor scowled and picked up their bags, leaving the dungeons.

***

"He was threatening to kill Neville's toad, what did you want me to do!" said Hermione later that evening as the Quaret ate dinner.

"This had to be the worst potions class," said Y/N.

"I thought you liked Potions?" said Harry.

"I do!" said Y/N, setting her fork down. "Snape's the problem."

Ron nodded, his mouth full of rice.

"Does it hurt, Draco?" asked Pansy Parkinson over at the Slytherins table.

The Quaret turned to look.

"It comes and it goes," said Malfoy. "I consider myself lucky, could've lost my arm."

The Quaret scowled, turning to face their dinner once more.

"Could've lost my arm," said Y/N mockingly. "Oh please."

"Listen to the idiot," said Ron, swallowing.

"At least Hagrid didn't get fired." said Harry, shrugging.

"But Draco's father is, he's furious from what I heard, I bet you he'll do anything to get Hagrid fired." said Hermione quietly.

The doors to the great hall swung open and the clattering of footsteps were growing louder.

"He's been sighted, he's been sighted!" yelled Seamus as he ran into the hall clutching the Daily prophet.

"Who?!" said Ron quickly.

"Sirius Black!"

There were hurried whispers and some people even got up to check, the Quaret exchanged looks and got up.

"Dufftown?" shrieked Hermione. "Thats not far from here!"

"You don't think he can come to Hogwarts, do you?" said Neville fearfully.

"With the dementors at every entrance?" said Dean.

"He slipped past them once," said Seamus. "Who knows if he can do it again!"

Y/N took a shaky breath as she stared at Black's picture.

***

Defense Against the Dark Arts took place the next day, and to Y/N's disappointment she and Harry were running late.

"This way!" Y/N panted, she turned a corner sharply that it made a squeak and she stopped, panting, in front of the classroom.

"Come on Harry!" said Y/N hurriedly, and she pushed the door open.

"Boggarts are shape shifters," Hermione was saying. "they take the shape of whatever particular person fears the most. Thats what makes them so-"

"So terrifying, correct!" said Professor Lupin.

Y/N grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him inside.

"Ah yes, I was wondering where you both were," said Professor Lupin, smiling.

"Sorry Professor Lupin," said Y/N, dropping her bag. "We had a bit of... er- trouble."

"Trouble, huh? Hopefully it was nothing.... oh, forget it! Come on, take your spots." said Professor Lupin, a teasing smile on his face.

"Now, continuing our lesson," said Professor Lupin, he stood in front of a wardrobe at the front of the class. "There is a simple spell for getting rid of a Boggart. Lets practice it, but without any wands please."

Some people pocketed there wands.

"After me, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" the class chorused.

"Very good," said Professor Lupin. "Just a little louder, like this. Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!"

"This class is ridiculous," Malfoy muttered behind Y/N.

Y/N took a deep breath, she was about to turn around and give Malfoy a whooping when Hermione grabbed her wrist.

"Very good!" said Professor Lupin, beaming. "Now can I get a volunteer?"

His eyes scanned the room.

"Neville!" he said brightly. "Join me, please."

Neville looked around the class, as though there was another kid named Neville, when he came to the conclusion he was the only Neville there he walked forward timidly.

"Hello! Now what frightens you the most?"

"Professor Snape..." said Neville quietly.

The class laughed, Y/N managed a small smile, but she didn't agree with the fact that Neville had learned to fear Snape so much that it turned into his Boggart.

Professor Lupin smiled and said, "Professor Snape, yes, frightens us all. And I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Yes," squeaked Neville. "But I don't want that Boggart to turn into her either!"

The class roared with laughed again.

Professor Lupin shook his head, "No, it wont. I want you to picture her clothes only her clothes. Can you do that for me?"

Neville nodded. "She carry's a read handbag-"

Professor Lupin shook his head silencing him.

"I don't need to hear it," he said calmly. "As long as you can see it, we can see it. Now I'm going to open that wardrobe and heres what I want you to do."

He walked forward and whispered something in Neville's ear, he turned to face the Professor, startled.

"Can you do that for me?"

Neville nodded, still looking startled.

"Wand at the ready!"

Neville took out his wand with a shaky hand and pointed it at the wardrobe.

"One...two...three.."

A small flick of Professor Lupin's wand and the wardrobe's door creaked slightly and opened.

Snape walked out, his cold black eyes fixed on Neville and his long cloak trailing behind him.

Neville cowered in fear, Professor Lupin put a hand on his shoulder.

"Riddikulus!" he squeaked.

Snape stumbled backwards, he was wearing a long, lace trimmed dress and a towering hat topped with a moth eaten vulture, with a red handbag.

The class roared with laughter, Y/N laughed this time.

"Excellent! To the back Neville, everyone form a line!"

The class obeyed immediately and started forming a — sloppy line where pushing and shoving were involved, but at some point the class formed a straight line with Ron at the front.

"Now!" said Professor Lupin, looking satisfied as he put on music. "I want everyone to picture the very thing they fear the very most! And turn it into something.... funny. Ron!"

Ron walked forward and boggart Snape looked at him, whirling around into dust and transforming into a big spider.

Y/N could tell from afar that Ron had probably been paralyzed by fear, but to her surprise he grabbed his wand and pointed it at the spider saying "Riddikulus!"

The spiders legs now had roller skates, making it difficult for him to stand and gain his balance.

"Would you look at that," Harry whispered from behind Y/N.

The class roared wth laughter.

"Very good!" said Professor Lupin brightly. "Next!"

Parvati walked forward, her wand in her hand.

The boggart swirled around until it took form of a snake.

"Riddikulus!" she yelled.

The snake turned into a jack in the box in a blink.

Parvati looked pretty proud of herself as she walked to the back of the line, she smiled shyly as she passed Y/N and Hermione.

"Oh very good!" said Professor Lupin. "Y/N!"

Y/N walked forward, she tried to think, what could possibly be her worst fear?

Lord Voldemort? Or maybe it was Sirius Black?

Whatever it was, Y/N didn't like the feeling of not knowing what the boggart could turn into that may give her a jumpscare.

She took a deep breath and watched as the boggart swirled around for a few seconds and the next second she saw her family around her.

Joseph carrying baby Y/N in his arms as a woman with blonde hair leaned against him.

Y/N frowned in confusion but she took a step back in horror as the woman began to speak.

"Y/N," she sighed dreamily. "Look at you, darling."

"Mom?" Y/N whispered.

The woman's eyes turned red.

Y/N stepped back. "Why aren't you here with us?"

The woman gave a bitter laugh. "Oh honey! Why would I be with you. I still had my life ahead of me, and then you came along..."

"What's that supposed to mean?" said Y/N shakily.

"Isn't it clear darling? I abandoned you. You and your father. I didn't want to know nothing about you!"

Y/N shook her head, "Your a boggart, this isn't real! Riddikulus!"

The dark cloud along with her family turned into fireworks. Breathing heavily, Y/N walked to the back of the line feeling Professor Lupins eyes on her.

"Very good!" he said, he tried to sound cheerful. "Harry!"

Y/N walked past Harry who put a hand on her shoulder and whispered, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," said Y/N. "Just a bit shaken up that's all, good luck Harry."

Harry didn't look convinced, he gave her a small smile and walked forward.

The boggart swirled into smoke, then the familiar feeling of a cold wind swept the class. The boggart changed into a dementor.

When Professor Lupin saw that Harry wasn't reacting, he ran forward and shielded Harry with his arms.

The dementor turned to a full moon, Y/N raised her eyebrows, a few feet ahead she saw as Hermione started muttering something.

Taking out his wand Professor Lupin cried, "Riddikulus!"

The full moon changed into a balloon and flew around the classroom, and many people ducked.

The balloon made it's way back to the front, Professor Lupin opened the wardrobe door, and once the boggart was back in its place he turned to face the class.

"Right well sorry about that," he said. "That's it for today, grab your books from the back of the class, that's the end of the lesson!"

Many people groaned in annoyance and went to collect their belongings.

Professor Lupin said a quick, "Sorry!"

Y/N flew her bag over her shoulder, and stared at the floor for a moment, she turned to look at the front and saw Harry.

"Harry!" Y/N called.

Harry snapped out of his trance and turned to face her.

"Come on," said Hermione, signaling towards the door. "Bye Professor Lupin!"

"Hm? Oh, bye Hermione, Harry, Ron and Y/N."

"Bye Professor Lupin," said Y/N as Harry and Ron waved.

The Quaret pushed the door open and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 5.4K 80
Boys, Boys and more boys (Harry Potter fanfic) going to Hogwarts is going to be a journey full of adventure mysteries and maybe even romance ? *read...
20.7K 480 24
You are a slytherin...well for your first 5 years at Hogwarts at least...a love story between you and Ron Weasley! Some drama goes down between you...
401K 15.7K 132
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...
189K 4.3K 40
Okay, you have no IDEA how much time it took me to try and make up a title or write a description. Please, before reading this description, note that...