For Friendship

By arianadume

Caleb Dume embarks on an ambitious journey for the search for his long lost friend. Throughout the year, seve... More

Don't fail Caleb
Fatiguing work
Togruta
Ahsoka!
Not so great
I don't like her
Anakin
Mandalore
Caleb, no!
Darth Sidious
Maul
Shattered
Droids
Victory and Death
A Final Triumph
Goodbye
A new beginning

Sacrifice

64 0 0
By arianadume

"Where's your dumb little friend?" Rafa scoffed.

"He needs a break."

"Thank goodness, I really don't like it when children play with my toys."

"But aren't you the one who stole his credits?" Trace remarked teasingly.

After some minor complications with Admiral Yularen, Ahsoka and the group managed to fly past the cruiser. When out of nowhere Ahsoka sensed a presence. A presence inches away from speeding after them and strangling the ship just to check on his Padawan Ahsoka. At first sight, Ahsoka shielded her appearance, lurking away from the natural force so that he doesn't sense her.

Throughout the inclusive trip, Ahsoka found herself becoming increasingly more open to Rafa, agreeing with her ever so often.

After an hour or so, the group abundantly arrived aboard Kessel, where the 3 were invited to a meal from the high king himself.

Despite his appearance, Ahsoka found it incredibly vulnerable to avoid his lurk of darkness, annoyed at the lies she was told. With her experience, she was almost completely sure that the king hadn't informed them of everything they needed to know, along with her strong bond with the force.

Using her inquisitive mind, Ahsoka asked Trace the suspicions she's had for Rafa, learning more about the sisters as she spoke. Despite her disliking for Rafa, she still knew that there were numerous ways the two could get into trouble, ergo, it was imperative that she stays with them.

Just as Trace had mentioned the droids working the spice mines, the sisters found it exceedingly difficult to believe the short statures were in fact slaves doing fatiguing work. With Trace stating her complaints and Rafa being in denial as always.

Upon realizing that the group was indeed working for the Pykes, Ahsoka and Rafa were dragged into a dreadful debate, arguing over the delivering of spices. Ahsoka being the selfless hero that she was, relentlessly defended against their actions for the people, employing an ethical debate. Whereas Rafa was simply annoyed, plainly playing things on her own terms for her selfish demands.

Conflicted over the outcomes of her ship, Trace dumped the spice, believing that it was the best course of action for avoiding the clashing tides. Which of course resulted in her hideous demise, by virtue of Ahsoka and Rafa scolding her for performing with the worse decision in the situation.

Nonetheless, when the 3 arrived, Rafa informed the pykes of their successful relay, implying that the spice was transported to where it was destined to be. Their leader of course would not put faith in these strangers so easily, therefore, resulting in Ahsoka's need for use of the force.

She discreetly put up her hand, praying that no one would see. Planting his mind with lies, she instructed the pyke to pay up and allow them the luxury of leaving this dreadful planet.

The sisters were adversely relieved. Never in a thousand light years had they glimmered the thought of this idiotic plan actually working.

Within seconds, the rest of the villains quickly hunched on, implying the several flaws of his inadequate dismays.

Knowingly dismantled by his stupidity, they began their attack and began dragging the ship down with various tractor beams, employing much distrust to the misgiving rookies.

The group would've thought to be done for when Caleb out of nowhere jumped out of the silver angel, aggressively chopping down the triangulated tractor beams hovering above their ship.

Ahsoka was both dumbfounded and amazed, all the while disappointed in his reckless remarks.

"He should've stayed." Ahsoka thought.

"Wait, he's a Jedi?" The girls addressed in unison.

"Y...I don't know."

"Ahsoka you lied to us? Why didn't you tell me that he was a Jedi?"

"Trace, I didn't know. I only met him when he did me a few favours."

"Well whatever, the beams are dismantled. Now let's get out of here." Rafa began.

"Wait. We can't just leave him."

"He's a Jedi Ahsoka, he'll take care of himself."

Just then, the ship sped off, just as Ahsoka began towards the hangar doors.

"No." She mumbled.

"Don't worry Ahsoka, if he's a Jedi than I'm pretty sure there'll be more coming to save him."

Upon returning, Ahsoka was ominously reluctant of defeat, praying to the force that Caleb would've escaped with his plucky attitude. However, after forcefully dismissing her deems, she was encased with vast signs of conflict. She was unwillingly delegating to the fact that Caleb Dume had indeed been caught and captured by the Pykes, undeniably programmed for execution, or something far worse.

The haunted presence of the dark side was entering her thoughts, colonizing her brain with much effort. She disputably put up her defences, knowing far too well the outcomes that would be to come if she forged down the hideous path.

"So that child was a Jedi? Huh, well good for us. I always hated him so at least he's no longer with us."

"Caleb sacrificed his life to get us out. If it wasn't for him we'd probably still be in a cell along with him. Jedi or not he's proven way more than he needed to." Ahsoka growled.

"I agree with Ahsoka. We may hate Jedi but what he did back there, that was a true act of selflessness for the people."

"Really Trace? You're siding with her?"

"Yes Rafa. Yes I am." She stood up firmly.

"Well whatever, he's gotten himself into this mess so there's nothing we can do for him."

"We can just go back." Ahsoka suggested.

"What? Are you out of your mind?"

"You two don't have to come with me. You'll stay here on Coruscant while I figure out a way to get my friend back."

"Oh please. He's a Jedi. He'll take care of himself."

Trace sighed, "I'm sorry Ahsoka but Rafa is right. We aren't fighters. We're nowhere close to being qualified combatants."

"Well I am." She admitted.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Hate me for this all you want Rafa. But I'm a Jedi too."

"What the kriff? Are you serious?" She teased, "You, a Jedi? I mean come on, look at you. How could you possibly be a Jedi?"

"Well if I wasn't then I wouldn't be able to do this." She lifted a crate with the force.

"Wait, so you really are a Jedi?" Trace declared.

"Yes, I am. And I'm going back for him. Now do you have anything I could use to fight?"

"Don't bother." Came a voice from behind, unveiling the husky mandalorian that Ahsoka really didn't need to see right now.

"Making friends?" She continued.

"Trace, Rafa, back away."

"So, you remember me? Don't worry, Death Watch is gone. And now, you and I have a common enemy."

"Maul."

"I need your help. Once we are underway I will explain everything."

"You have 5 minutes to decide."

"Go Ahsoka. She needs your help."

"All right. But let me keep my bike here. Just in case."

"Bo, before we start, I'd like to make a deal with you."

"All right. I'm listening."

"If I help you, then you must return the favour and help rescue my friend. He's just a Padawan"

"Where is he kept?"

"I'm not sure. The last I saw of him was on Obadiah, where I'm sure the Pykes would've captured him."

"You're in luck Ahsoka. The Pykes are syndicate leaders now. Which means he'd probably be being transported to Maul as we speak. In that case, we must get underway." 

"I'm coming for you, Caleb."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 304 20
When Luke Skywalker is sent to the past, he ends up in the middle of the last skirmish before the Battle of Coruscant. He is fast running out of time...
979 59 11
Killed on Mustafar by Sidious while attempting to rescue Vader, Ahsoka is reborn as Luke's adopted younger sister. She struggles with constantly reme...
762 43 12
It's been nine years since the formation of the Empire, and on a mission gone wrong, Vader and Ahsoka find themselves trapped. Prisoners of the Empir...
35.1K 1.1K 21
Fifteen year old Ahsoka Tano has been serving under her master, Pong Krell, for almost two years now. Throughout their time together her master has h...