Trials of a Champion - Kanto...

By MsGameinIt

The beginning of the journey is where first impressions and difficult decisions matter the most. Together wit... More

1 Pokémon I Choose You!
2 A Pallet-able Meeting
3 A Night on the Town
4 The Caterpie of the Day
5 A Rocky Battle
6 A Zubat and a Moon Stone
7 To Beat a Gym Leader
8 And Then There Were Three
9 Electric Shock Showdown
10 Battle Aboard the St. Anne
11 Pokémon Shipwreck
12 Island of the Giant Pokémon
13 Beauty and the Beach Part 1
14 Beauty and the Beach Part 2
15 Tentacruel Intentions
16 A Girl's Curse
17 A Spooky Detour
18 Handle with Scare
19 Fighting Fear with Fear
20 The Road to Celadon
21 City of Rainbow Dreams
22 Prepare for Big Trouble
23 Shall We Play a Game?
24 Friends and Foes Alike
25 Bitter and Sweet Reunions
26 A Tale of Six Tails
27 A Deal's a Deal
28 Never a Rose Without a Prick
29 Rulers of the Road
30 A Gutsy Move
31 Get the Message
32 A Fiery Friendship
33 Fuchsia's Famous Funhouse
34 The Poisonous Ninja Master
35 Into the Safari Zone!
36 The Paths of Least Resistance
37 A Series of Fortunate Events
38 A Girl, A Boy, A Mother, and a Dragon
39 It's Training Time!
40 A Sky Full of Stars
41 Fires in the Night
42 Once and Flor-al
43 A Trip to the Store
44 A Brother from Another Mother
46 The Golden Rule
47 One Eevee, Two Eevee, Red Eevee, Blue Eevee
48 Sparks Fly
49 The Green-Eyed Monster
50 Good Night Pokémon
51 Approached by a Poacher
52 I Love You 100,000
53 Together Forever
54 The Bonds of Evolution
55 Return to Saffron
56 Brains vs Brawn: Best of Both Worlds
57 Power Outages Are a Girl's Best Friend
58 Sparks, Lightning, and Explosions, Oh My!
59 A Shock in Paradise
60 Team Rocket Takedown, Act I
61 Team Rocket Takedown, Act II
62 This is My Secret
63 Her Origin Point
64 All I Want For Christmas Is...
65 Setting Sail for the Seafoam Islands
66 Diving with Pokémon 101
67 An Icy Retreat
68 Under the Weather, On the Sea

45 A Short Squabble

594 18 6
By MsGameinIt

Rushing back to camp, we found all the Pokémon trying to stop a vicious argument between Torterra and Gyarados. Luxio stood in the middle of the two, attempting to assert his dominance over the two, and getting nowhere due to the unfortunate difference in size.

"Of course, it's the two we left in charge!" I panicked.

Paul marched over to them. "What the hell's going on? You both need to quit fighting!"

They both turned and launched random attacks at their trainer, forcing him to back off.

"What the...?" Paul retreated to my side. "What's gotten into them?"

"Wow. They're acting just as well-mannered as you."

"Quit the jokes, Girlie. We've got a serious issue on our hands."

"You think I don't see that?! How are we gonna stop the fight between the two largest and scariest team members?"

Luxio called over to me.

"Yes, absolutely. Go ahead, Luxio! Show 'em who's boss!"

Nodding, Luxio howled at both giants to quit fighting and settle down.

They dismissed him.

Irritated, Luxio louder and louder, even firing off a Thunder Bolt.

The attack engulfed both Pokémon. Only Gyarados felt anything, and he refused to back down. They both fired attacks back at Luxio. He dodged, but he was left more frustrated than ever.

Luxio took a huge breath before roaring as loud as he possibly could. His roar made the ground tremble, scaring all of the other Pokémon. As he roared, yellow sparks flew off his teeth in random patterns. These sparks lashed out at the quarreling Pokémon, dealing enough damage to even make Torterra turn his head.

The fight had finally been silenced.

"Whoa! Since when is Luxio capable of that?"

I didn't answer. My eyes were on the cat who looked as surprised as the rest of us at his sudden increase in power. Still, he used the opportunity to order both Torterra and Gyarados to calm down, which they did.

"That roar..." I muttered.

"Hey, Rosa?" Paul waved a hand in my face. "You there?"

I approached Luxio. "Hey, Luxio. Can you do that again?"

He turned his head.

"No. Not the roar. The electricity coming off your teeth. Do it again."

He opened his mouth, tensed up, and caused electricity to engulf his mouth.

My excitement shot through the roof.

"That...That's Thunder Fang!!" I brought my hands up to my face. "You know what that means, right?!"

After a moment, his eyes bulged. He smiled, jumped for joy multiple times, and wagged his tail like an overly-excited puppy.

"It's almost happening! It's almost happening!! Yay, yay! Yay!!!"

Everyone looked at us funny.

"What's wrong with you two?"

"Nothing's wrong. Everything's great! Luxio just learned Thunder Fang on his own, and after that mighty roar, there's no doubt in my mind!"

"No doubt about what?"

"Luxio's gonna be a Luxray soon!"

"Really?"

I vigorously nodded and accidentally gave myself a headache. "If a Luxio learns Thunder Fang on its own, then it means the evolution is only a few days away. And he just gave off the kind of roar only a Luxray can make! Oh, yeah! I'm gonna have a Luxray soon! Isn't that exciting?!"

Luxio leaped into my arms.

I squeezed him as tight as possible. "We've dreamed about this moment our entire lives, huh? Once you evolve, we'll be the most unstoppable team. We'll be even better than Volt and his Luxray."

He purred and licked my face. I couldn't stop jumping in circles.

Paul watched us with a sideways grin, one hand on his hip, and Pikachu and Eevee on his shoulders. "Well, those two aren't gonna calm down for a while." The two shoulder pals agreed. Then, Paul looked at his two problem children. "Speaking of calming down, what got you both so riled up?"

Torterra explained that the pair argued over Dratini, who sat beside Gyarados. He had his tail protectively wrapped around her tiny body. The tiny blue serpent held something that made Torterra wonder if she'd try to eat it or not, but when he tried to take it, she refused. This got Torterra a little upset, and then Gyarados got upset with Torterra.

"Aw, Gyarados! You've known Dratini for what, a day? And you're already such a good big brother. That's so sweet!" I couldn't help but gush over his actions.

Paul went over to Dratini and crouched. "What you got there, Dratini? Can I see what all the fuss is about?"

Dratini looked at Paul, then his hand, then Gyarados towering over her, and then back to Paul. She unraveled her body, revealing a green catseye marble with a green and pink pattern at the core. She slowly pushed the marble into Paul's hand.

"A marble?" he muttered.

I went over to get a closer look, setting Luxio down on the ground. "Hey. That looks like those marbles Mr. Fuji gave us."

"Oh yeah." He looked at Dratini and Torterra. "Where'd you get this?"

They gestured to the wild Venusaur sitting nearby with his evolution herd.

"This is from you?"

It nodded, and Paul's Venusaur translated its response.

"What's he saying?" I asked.

"They're saying that this was found last night. It fell out of that guy's pocket during all the chaos. One of the Bulbasaur found it and nearly ate it."

I made a face. "Yikes. I can't imagine it tastes good. No wonder you ate breakfast so fast. You must've worked up an appetite after being scared shitless."

The Bulbasaur in question looked away with an embarrassed face.

"Well, is this for me?" Paul asked the wild Venusaur.

It nodded again, saying it was a way of thanking him for his help.

"It was your Venusaur that saved the day," I noted.

Smiling, Paul nodded his head to Venusaur. "Well then, you're welcome."

Venusaur bowed once more. It then called to the rest of his herd, who all turned and headed back to the forest. Venusaur waved, and everyone waved back, before he took his leave and led the others back to their home.

After they left, Paul stared at the marble.

"Don't look at it like its poison. It's a good luck charm," I grinned.

"Guess so. Just weird that we now have three of these strange marbles." He looked up as Venusaur came over and grabbed the marble with one of his vines, curiously admiring it. His trainer smirked. "But yes. Perhaps it is a good luck charm."

Suddenly, Luxio went over to Persian. The two stared at each other for a while.

"Right. I forgot. That's Persian. She'll be joining us. Say hi."

Rather than a welcome greeting, Luxio bared his teeth.

Persian did the same.

"Uh, guys?"

In a flash, both cats swung their tails forward and clashed with two powerful Iron Tails.

"Hey! Don't start a fight!"

"Wow," laughed Paul. "They're just as well-mannered as you are, huh?"

"Shut up."

The two cats backed away and met each other's gaze. Then, they sat down, held out their arms, and connected their paws, all while maintaining eye contact. The two also exchanged a few words.

"What's that about?" asked Paul.

"Uh, Persian just wanted to see if Luxio was capable of being the one in charge around here." As I spoke, Luxio moved to my side and leaned against my leg, rubbing his fluffy head across my knee. "He's just as much a leader as he is a softie. Right, pal?"

Luxio puffed out his chest and nodded.

"But don't worry, Persian. You'll still be welcome on the team. There's no doubt we'll be winning lots of battles together in the future. Sounds like a plan?" She responded with a content growl.

"Good."

Meanwhile, Eevee sat as close to Luxio as possible, feeling more enamored with him than ever before. He blushed when she inched closer and closer, and when I teased him about it.

"Don't look so awkward around your fans."

Luxio barked at me.

"Alright, enough fooling around. We should get moving."

"He's right." I turned to the rest of the group. "Okay, gang. Now that everyone's all settled down and on friendly terms, what say we hit the road again to Saffron City? Who's ready for another badge?!"

Everyone cheered.

Luxio and I looked at each other.

"And that gym battle will be the debut of a mighty Luxray. Right, pal?"

He gave a confident stare and sparked his entire body, ready to become the best possible version of himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 747 15
Exactly what it says on the box. you're [Y/N], a 16 year old who moved to Sinnoh from Unova when you were 5, befriending Cynthia from a young age. Yo...
2.3K 71 21
A Pokémon Legendary Journey Series! Book #1 (COMPLETED) Book #2 http://my.w.tt/UiNb/2bpHiSW59B One day, an adult teenager named Artemis give up her n...
4.5K 112 27
This book is part of a series. If you have not read the other books, then you won't understand what's going on here at ALL. Please go read 'Not Every...
2K 8 16
Ash and Pikachu continue their journey with his fellow research partner and friend Goh. A lot of adventure they through and even dealing with legend...