Murder Mystery (A Tangled the...

By mr-bananarama

Basically, this is a modern AU where someone has been going around and murdering people. As time pasts, and t... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter break
Chapter 2: A friend?
Chapter 3: cASsAnDRa
Chapter break
Chapter 4: Freak
Chapter break
Chapter 5: The Past
Chapter break
Chapter 6: Why not?
Chapter break
A little announcement :\
Chapter 7: Spilled Blood
Chapter break
Chapter 8: Friends?
Chapter break

Chapter 9

123 4 31
By mr-bananarama

Ok, so I'm gonna clear up the ages for everyone so there isn't any confusion in this chapter or any others :)

Raps: 15

Eugene: 16

Cass: 16 (They're in the same grade)

Varian: 14

Ok, enjoy :D

The video button isn't working so here's the music- https://youtu.be/J8yGbQuer3w

[BLOCKED] had been sitting there for at least an hour. Just staring. And staring. Staring into the broken little wall, staring into the light, staring into anything. Anything to getaway. They didn't want to come back to reality. Reality wanted them to either die or kill. And their mind had a lust for murder.

It was strange, wasn't it? They went into this, only wanting to limit the number of people they killed to the people that little princess was close to. But after the first kill, they soon came to the realization that they couldn't just do that. Maybe because they realized that it would be too obvious or maybe they realized that it should seem like the murders were closing in on the girl or maybe for some other reason that would make sense.

But, all they wanted to do was get up and kill.

All they wanted to do was to watch the blood fall from the wound, as their eyes closed one last time. Their hands were itching for the knife. Suddenly, the guilt they used to feel was disappearing.

All they needed to do was grab the gu-

"[BLOCKED]!" [BLOCKED] snapped up, hearing the door getting knocked pretty loudly. It was a sharp change, but not one they weren't used to. Charlie was a pretty energetic person.

Maybe later.

Opening the door, they were suddenly met with a huge hug. "Hi!" Charlie semi-shouted, pulling out of the tight embrace he put them in. "I know you're probably not having that good of a day.... buttttt....." Charlie grabbed a gift from his bag. "I thought you might need this."

[BLOCKED] rolled their eyes, and cracked open the gift.

No way...

It was a gentle music box, painted in a soft baby blue. It had a gold outline filling the lines, the button to start it up gold as well. They teared up a bit. "Thank you..." they whispered, making Charlie give a soft smile.

They pressed the little gold button, making the music box play a soft piano. Stars moved slightly, moving up and down. "Remember when you were crying at my house last week?" Charlie asked. "You talked about this blue, little music box your mom gave you." [BLOCKED] looked at him strangely. "You.. you remembered that?" Charlie nodded. "It became my mission to get you that little music box" Charlie stated. "You like it?" [BLOCKED] smiled at it, then nodded. "It's amazing."

Charlie stood a bit, before bouncing back to his normal mood. "Well! Glad you liked it!" He exclaimed, before starting to look around. "Say... where did you put my hunting gun? I'm going hunting on Tuesday. Wanna join?" [BLOCKED] looked up from their trance, snapping the music box off. "Um... I actually don't want to come." They said. "But your gun is in that drawer."

Charlie smiled and walked over to the old, broken down drawer. Opening it, he found a photo, carefully framed next to the hunting gun. He picked up the photo, about to mention it to [BLOCKED] but put it down. He didn't want [BLOCKED] to have another mental breakdown.

Charlie grabbed the gun and waved goodbye to [BLOCKED], who was probably shocked there wasn't a hug to go along.

The door closed, and they could hear Charlie bouncing through the hallway. [BLOCKED] looked at the door, and back at the peaceful music box.

They started to feel the blood lust rise again, but then quickly shut it down. No. I can't kill someone else just yet...

They took a slight look at a photo they and Charlie had taken together. Maybe they didn't have to do this. Maybe-

NO

He had to do this. As much as Charlie would like to try and stop him, he couldn't. [BLOCKED] gears were already turning, and no one, not even Charlie could stop the gears from running. Not until the motion was done.

You'll get what's coming to you little princess.

You'll see

...

Rapunzel was basically bouncing on her seat. Her mother was laughing a little at her, but Rapunzel didn't really care anymore. All she was focused on was one thing.

If they were going to say yes.

Even the thought of that doubt made her want to start running to them, asking them for their answer.

Oh! Maybe I could even ask Jared! I'm sure he'll like to join!

"Hey, mom?" Arianna looked back, smiling. "What is it, sweetie?" She asked, her tone as sweet as honey. "I was wondering if we could invite Jared!" Rapunzel exclaimed, causing her mother to flinch a little, her face drooping a little. Rapunzel, quickly catching on, tilting her head a little in confusion. "What's wrong?"

Arianna looked back at the steering wheel, her face becoming hard. "It's nothing, I'm sure he would love to come." Rapunzel frowned at the coldness of her mother's voice. Had she done something wrong?

The car fell into heavy silence after that, the only sounds coming from outside the car. After about 2 minutes of utter silence, Arianna pulled up to the school. Rapunzel bounced out of the car, quickly putting on her school bag, then flashing a quick smile and waving to her mom. Her mom smiled back, but her smile was a bit off the Raps. Didn't really reach the edges like normal. But she ignored it. Nothing really bad was happening, right?

As she walked closer and closer to the school, the more excited she became, to the point she was skipping. Everyone looked at her a bit strangely, tilting their heads at the fact... well, someone was actually happy. And showing it. It was a strange occurrence in the school since everyone was basically trying their hardest to not be like that.

It was strange.

But Rapunzel did not notice the looks she was getting nor did care.

All she kept doing was skipping.

...

Veronica sat quietly in the jail cell, ignoring her sleeping cellmate. Her cell mate was a strange little fellow, quiet, and seemingly peaceful. Well, that's until you learned about her record of being a murderous madman.

Veronica didn't really like to ever talk to her cellmate, since; one, her cellmate is a murder happy lady, and two; she didn't really she herself at that level yet. Never mind that, Veronica would never be on that level. Since Veronica's situation was a little more, as she liked to put it, morally grey.

She wasn't a villain... she was trying to help.

Looking around the little cage Fredrick had put around her, she once again wondered if it was some type of mockery. Putting her with one of the worst criminals. How funny.

She laughed to herself. During her first few months, she basically convinced herself that it was all a dream. That, one day, she'll be able to wake up suddenly and laugh off the nightmare that was her reality.

But, of course, illusion was far from reality.

How long has it been? She wondered, slightly glancing at the little tick system she had made. She gave up after 3 years.

Wait... is this a Sunday right?

Time was even slipping away from her.

"Ma'am?"

A guard walked to her cell, with the same blank face as well they first started coming. "Oh, so it's a Tuesday?" She asked, with a slight giggle in her voice. The guard looked slightly concerned by this but waved it off. "Ma'am, you'll need to come with me." He said, with a slightly less blank expression. The expression was tilting more towards... scared? Or maybe angry?

"Ma'am, you need to come with me." She waved him off, staring threateningly into his eyes. "Quirin waits a week to talk with me, he'll be able to spare 5 more minutes." She stubbornly stated, before looking away, only checking on the guard with the corner of her eye. She wanted to see how far she could push him. She was well equipped with the other guards there; this one was a new one, however.

The guard had a flash of anger, before settling into another annoyed face, more clearer this time. "Ma'am, you're coming now." Veronica scoffed, slowly getting up and shooting her arms out. "Go on, handcuff me again." The guard didn't seem to like this backlash, as he very harshly put on the already cold cuffs.

"Come with ma'am, he's over here." He grumbled, leading her the way she knew all so well. Quirin was sitting there, like every Tuesday, with his face in its normal dark way. His hair was a tad messed up, making it quite apparent he did not try to freshen up for his weekly visit. He wore his usual collared brown shirt, dark blue jeans, and worn out black shoes.

She sat down on her own, behind the plastic sheet which was separating her and him. And freedom. That too.

"So.... let's talk Quirin."

Ouch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238 17 4
She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just didn't know how to control it. She was like the moon - lonely and untouchable with shadows to guide her pa...
51.8K 1.1K 32
Art by @kiiwiibun on tumblr It's pretty self explanatory. I'm open to suggestions please please please don't be afraid to give them! Varian yandere...
24.8K 1.1K 26
Cassandra is Rapunzel's lady-in-waiting and personal guard at the same time. The princess was meant to marry the crowned prince of the Dark Kingdom...
127K 3.8K 72
"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’† 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’˜π’“π’Šπ’•π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Everyone knew of Rapunzel. The golden-hair...