THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes

2K 64 42
By Alhexandria22

Unedited....

KARMALE'S POV

At a police station, lawyers are given the highest level of respect. Ryxel and I were greeted with bowing heads and so on. But that did not matter right now.
Ryxel and I quietly though I wouldn't say patiently sat in the waiting room and one of the policemen offered us tea but we both declined it. We waited for Liam to arrive. But no sign.
Ryxel kept on asking me when Liam would come and I swear it also got me worried. On checking the time it was 5:00pm and the shift was supposed to change after 30 minutes. That means that Ryxel's man would be changed and our whole plan would fall flat. I crossed my fingers and prayed for a miracle to happen.

God, please...

Let not these lies I have told for the first time in my occupation go to waste. Please. I silently prayed.

Ryxel and I had come earlier on and we had found his man ready with a fake file of the missing of Liam. The inspector-in-charge had believed. He actually knew me so it was easier for him to trust my client. It was at that very moment that he got the call from the other station about Liam and informed us. He then asked us to wait. He also added that he had a pregnant wife in hospital so he would leave at the end of his shift. So if it was to end before Liam got here, everything would be I don't know....

Hurry, Liam. Hurry...

5: 20pm

This is the first time in my life that time has moved so fast.

5:25pm

"Miss Kane and Mr. Black?" A policeman called.

I literally jumped up from my seat and Ryxel who was already pacing around just ran.

"L!" Ryxel shouted.

He was just his photocopy though the smaller version. Handsome tall and so on...

"Where have you been?" He ran to where Liam stood.

"Who did this to you?" Ryxel roared.

When I looked at Liam, it seemed like he wanted to answer that question but the policeman who was in charge of him dragged him to the city police station inspector.

I saw Ryxel fold his fist to hit the policeman. I moved very fast to where he stood and I got hold of his fist. He looked down at me and I shook my head in disagreement of his next action. His fist relaxed back to just his flat palm.

*****

Bravo! Liam! The best actor I ever saw.

"Miss Kane, I am afraid your client will have to spend the night in the cell regardless of his-"

"Hold it, inspector." I cut him short.

"My client can be granted bail if I pledge my signature on these bail court papers."

I removed the court papers from my handbag and signed on them. I handed them to the inspector-in-charge and he also signed.

"Thank you, Andrew." I said to the inspector-in-charge.

"Karmale, work is work. Don't call me by name. It sounds like a bribe."

"Release him." Andrew ordered.

***

"Mr. Bajaj, I want the court hearing to be tomorrow itself." I pleaded.

"No, justice Kane. I will be going out of town tomorrow."

"Please postpone it."

Mr. Bajaj, an Indian middle aged man had been my law practical teacher and I had been his best student. He would do anything for me. He had connections to the major judges. He could talk to one of them to hold a hearing for Liam's case immediately. It was urgent. We needed to go to court with Liam's bruises still fresh. It would be easier to convince the judge with that.

The next day (afternoon)

"Let the court proceedings begin." Said an old man who was the judge.

He looked like the principled and no nonsense keen man with his shinny bald patch and scattered little grey hair.

"Your honour." Mr. Lorenzo's lawyer started.

"My client says and is most certainly sure that Liam Grande Black was also part of the illegal drug transactions and-"

"Pardon me, your honour." I said cutting him off.

"He is telling us what we already know. He is clearly wasting everyone's time. Let him speak with evidence your honour." I said.

"Your honour, allow me call Mr. Lorenzo to the witness box. " His lawyer said.

"I promise to speak only the complete truth." Lorenzo oathed.

"Was Mr. Liam Grande Black part of your transactions? " His lawyer asked.

"Yes, he was." Lorenzo answered.

This man clearly has no shame. He only framed Liam because Ryxel refused to do business with him. How could Ryxel do so anyway? He is so careless that he got caught. And now he stands before the judge and tells lies.

"Your honour, Mr. Lorenzo Saville is shamelessly deceiving the court. He thinks the court is a waste of time." I said.

"Justice Kane, put forth evidence to back up what you just said." Said the judge.

"Yes, your honour."

"Allow me your honour to call Mr.Andrew Tyne to the witness box." I said looking at where Liam sat in a wheelchair next to Ryxel who was red with anger and the Andrew who was the inspector-in-charge yesterday. He was also the one guarding Liam today for in the law's eyes Liam is a criminal.

"Inspector, please hand over my client's statement to the judge."

Andrew had a file that contained Liam's case. From the missing case to the statement. He gave it to the judge.

"Your honour allow me call my client to justify his statement."

"Yes, you may."

Liam was brought forward and he said just like I had told him to yesterday. But Liam talked with pain visible in his tone and I saw the judge's face turn to a hurt one. I also think I saw a tear escape his eye. That is how good Liam was at acting.

"He is lying." Lorenzo roared.

"That little brute is lying." Lorenzo shouted pointing at Liam.

"Order! Order in the court!"

The courtroom became silent again.

"Your honour?" Lorenzo's lawyer called.

"My client was the leader of the transaction. He surely knows who worked for him and who did not. And how could he attack him yet he has been behind bars this whole time?"

I saw the judge nod in approval of the other lawyers point and I realised I had forgotten something as important as that.

"Your honour?" Someone called.

Ryxel?

From behind. He was not in his seat next to Liam. On addition to that he was holding a man with blood oozing out of his nose.

"Sir, if you want to say anything. Come to the witness box." Said the judge.

"No, your honour. I want to talk to my lawyer." Ryxel replied.

"That won't be possible." The judge declined.

Ryxel came to where I stood and held me by my hand in attempt to drag me out with him.

"Ryxel, please don't disrespect the judge." I pleaded in a mumble only he could hear.

If Ryxel does anything against the judge's commands, it may change his opinion about Liam and the case will be done for us.

"Your honour?" Liam shouted making the judge's attention drift from Ryxel and I. He also attracted our attention.

"He is the man who held me captive on Lorenzo's orders." Liam said pointing to the man Ryxel had brought in a few minutes ago.

" Your honour, this man is the same one who came a multiple times to see Mr. Lorenzo while he was in prison." The policeman who was standing besides Lorenzo said.

"Please move to the witness box." The judge said to the policeman.

The policeman said the exact statement he had said before and the judge noted something.

"Mr. Liam Grande Black is he the one who had you in captivity." The judge asked Liam from his seat without telling him to move to the witness box.

"Yes, your honour." Liam confirmed.

"Lies!" Lorenzo roared.

"Lies!"

"That brute is lying." He shouted.

"Order in the court! " The judge stamped.

"Arrest that man." the judge said pointing to the man Ryxel had come with.

Two policemen carried him away.

"Mr. Sivalle?" The judge called.

"You have been proven guilty and are therefore sentenced to fifteen years imprisonment." The judge stamped.

"Mr Liam Grande Black, the charges against you have been withdrawn." He said with a smile.

"Thank you." Liam said to the judge.

"Thank you, Caramel." The person who stood besides me said and peeked my neck. He then walked to where his brother was sitted.

"The court is dismissed!" The judge announced.

Outside the courtroom

"Justice Kane?" Someone called.

"Yes." I answered looking up from my bag.

Lorenzo's lawyer stood tall before me. He was cute and wore a welcoming face.

"I admire your wittiness in court." He said.

"Thank you. You could borrow a leaf." I said with a small smile.

"Sure." He said moving his hand forward for a hand shake which I returned.

"I have not seen you before. Right?" I asked.

"Right. I only moved into town after I was sent by Mr. Lorenzo's half-brother, Gode Sivalle from Africa to take up his case."

"Oh! Okay." I plainly said.

"Yes, I am Tyler Kent by the way. And you are?"

Okay. I am tired of this already. Someone save me. This guy is boring.

"I am-"

"She is my personal lawyer." Ryxel said towering over both me and Lorenzo's lawyer.

"Anything else?" Ryxel asked his voice full of intimidation.

"No, nothing at all." Kent replied with fear in his voice.

How did this man become a lawyer? He is such a coward!

"Come Caramel." Ryxel said holding my wrist and dragging me with him to where Liam sat.

"I am not your possession, Ryxel." I said trying to free myself from his hold.

He didn't say anything and didn't leave my hand either.

My phone started ringing. Saviour!

I looked up at Ryxel and he immediately left my hand. But he did not move away.

Caller ID; Claire Office

"Yes, Claire."

"Madam, Mr.Jeopardenn wants to see you."

"Am coming right now." I said and hang up.

"Liam!" I shouted ignoring Ryxel and moving to where Liam sat.

"Thank you, Miss." He said.

"Call me, Karmale." I said.

"How about I call you, Caramel? El? Is that okay?" Liam teased.

"Liam call her by her name!" Ryxel shouted in anger.

What is annoying him?

"El? Why don't you do the same?" He teased again.

I chuckled seeing Ryxel's face turn more red with anger.

"Liam! Stop it!"

"Caramel?" Liam called.

He got me by surprise when he grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it's back.

I think flirting runs in the blood.

"You are so sweet, Liam." I said with a smile.

"But right now, I have to go." I added.

"You are not going anywhere, Caramel."

"You are not the boss of me, Ryxel." I shot back.

"Cara- I mean Karmale." Liam changed after Ryxel had given him a warning glare.

"I want to tell you and El something." He continued.

I looked up at Ryxel and he looked down at me. Yes, I am short. Actually too short that even when I wear heels Ryxel is still taller than me.

"Yes, Liam?" I curiously asked.

"Thank you." Liam said.

"And I think I will call you, Cream."

"No problem, Liam." I said and Ryxel hit him hard on his back.

"I will get going now." I said and started walking to my car.

"Caramel?"

"Ryxel? " I asked myself as I turned around.

"Don't go."

It sounded more like please though he only commands.

"I am going to work, Ryxel. That is my work place. And my boss is calling me."

"You are welcome by the way." I said with a smile and jumped into my Lamborghini.

****

7:00pm

I moved out of my office with Claire behind me. We reached the lower floor and moved to the parking lot.

"Good night, madam."

"Good night, Claire." I replied absent mindedly checking for my car keys from my bag. I got them out and pressed the remote control only to see someone leaning against my car.

"Ryxel? "

I saw Claire enter her Rav4 Toyota model and drive away. Then my attention moved back to Ryxel.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking around.

"And where is your car?"

"Let's go home." Ryxel said grabbing my keys.

I did not object. I entered and sat on the co-drivers seat and I let Ryxel drive.

"Where are we?" I asked as Ryxel stopped the car.

"My place." He answered.

"And the decor?" I asked.

"Aunt Katylyn threw a party to celebrate Liam's success in court." He explained.

"I guess it is a family thing. So why am I here?" I asked.

"Because you made it possible for Liam to triumph." He answered in a duh voice.

"Am sorry, Ryxel. I am not going inside with you."

"Only a drink or two, Caramel."

"The last time I drunk. Remember what happened?" I asked and we both laughed.

"Please." He winked.

"Okay, for Liam and a goodbye to you." I said and moved out of the car.

We walked in side by side. Liam came bouncing as if he was bit seated in a wheelchair a while ago. He handed us drinks.

"A shot for my brother." Ryxel said and everyone raised their glasses.

"A shot." They chorused.

************

"It was. I couldn't say nice meeting you, Mr. Black." I joked.

Ryxel and I were standing at his balcony with our drinks and conversing with light laughter.

"Cheers!" We hit our glasses together and I galloped down my drink as he sipped from his.

A waiter passed by and I dropped my glass.

"I hope I never see you again, Mr. Black."

"Goodbye, Ryxel." I waved and walked away from Ryxel leaving him at the balcony by himself.

# MADAM LAWYER.

Hey !

I guess the court session was kind of boring. Sowie

How did you love it?

Did you love the goodbye between the mafia leader and his lawyer?

Do you think the mafia leader loved the goodbye?

Is it the 'goodbye' or there is another meeting for the two?

Do you agree with me that this can be a perfect ending?

A shout out to all the lawyers out there!!! *bows humbly*

Drop a vote if you liked it, comment and share that too on your own will. XOXOXOX

See you in my next update....

I was only joking by the way when I said it would be a perfect ending. It just cannot end like that.
This is only the beginning.

Byeeeeeee! For now. ❤❤

Andria 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 227 45
Until Damiano died my sins only consisted of coming home late and sneaking out. Now I have killed and tortured my way to the top, and uncovered a wor...
600K 14.5K 35
His finger trailed up my thigh ever so gently causing my pussy complete torture. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was driving me completely cr...
17.6K 261 21
Buck has gotten a job in L.A as a firefighter at the 118, so him and Maddie move there. Maddie also has a job, she will be a 9-1-1 dispatcher. Every...
1.1M 36.3K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancΓ© ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...