Altered

By Phaereedarh_

Two complete opposites but from the same world meet at a point. Relive Nazneen Umar Bahzad's and Khalil shei... More

Copyright©
Characters
Chapter One👑
Chapter two👑
Chapter three👑
chapter four 👑
chapter five👑
chapter six👑
Chapter seven👑
Chapter nine👑
chapter ten👑
Chapter eleven 👑
Chapter twelve 👑
Chapter thirteen 👑
Chapter fourteen 👑
Chapter fifteen 👑
Chapter sixteen👑
chapter seventeen 👑
Chapter Eighteen 👑

chapter eight👑.

57 13 3
By Phaereedarh_

🎶Mia - Bad bunny feat. Drake🎶

I just can't get enough of this song

FCT,Abuja
August
Monday, 6:57

She sighed for the umpteenth time as she threw another dress off the rack to the floor in her closet. Whoever said dressing up for a dinner was easy lied big time.

"Can't you help out?" She peeped at Yusrah who laid bed belly up on her bed, busy with her tablet.

"Just continue" Yusrah said without looking away from the phone "Great job by the way. You're doing very fine"

"I hate you" She murmured and went back in.

Yusrah tossed her phone on the bed and rolled out of it. She made her way to the closet and leaned on the doorway. Nazneen threw her a tired look and continued throwing dresses from the rack.

"Did he call since that day?" Yusrah asked not making any move to leave where she was standing.

Nazneen shook her head.

"Did he text?"

Nazneen shook her head again "He might have been busy"

"And you haven't seen or heard from since then,correct?"

Nazneen groaned and to face her only cousin squarely "I hate it when you're right"

"Honey,I'm always right" Yusrah bragged crossing her arms over her chest and smiled the I won smile.

Nazneen was about to say something when Yusrah's phone in her palazzo's pocket. She held out her index finger to silence Nazneen who gave up in saying anything else and fished for her phone. Bringing it closer to her face,the newest notification from her Instagram was the first thing she saw and she smiled. "Look who just posted on insta"

Nazneen rolled her and turned back to what she was doing "Seriously Yusrah, I really don't care if..."

"You'll care" She said cutting her shut and making her way to where her cousin stood "If I told you it was our dearest cousin Farhad"

That was enough to perk up her interest. "What did he post"

"His picture and I may not be a photo expert but I don't think he's as busy as you think he is"

Nazneen narrowed her eyes giving Yusrah a pointed look. She scooted closer to where she stood and peeped at the phone. There he was standing behind his Mercedes in his prosecuting uniform. But that wasn't what got her attention,the fact that he was standing next to his sister who wasn't even aware of the picture did.

"Universities are session currently, right?" She asked.

"Yes"

She sighed and slumped on the beanbag next to the rack burying her face in her palms. "And his sister Nabeelah schools there Kano in,correct?"

"Yeah" Yusrah answered as arching her head in confusion. Her lips for an 'O' as the realization hit her. "He ditched out on you"

Nazneen raised her head and gave Yusrah a plastic smile. "No kidding cous,tell me something I don't know"

You guys all got the sarcasm right?

"Geez,no need for you to be so bitter already" she mused returning her phone to her pocket and sat cross legged on the beanbag next to Nazneen facing her squarely "Now I think we need to think about what to tell your parents"

Nazneen shot her a dirty look "I told you specifically not to tell them anything" she said through gritted teeth

"And I didn't" she raised her hands up in surrender "I swear"

"Then what did you tell them?"

"That you had dinner plans" she brought her voice low at the last two words pronunciations.

Nazneen threw a stray throw pillow at Yusrah who it hit right on her face. "Why did you tell them?"

"Because Ummi saw how excited you were and she knew if she asked you,you won't tell her the truth and then she asked me on my way up here and I couldn't lie to her"

"Then why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because you're Nazneen Umar and every little thing can ruin your mood and I wasn't about to be the reason your dinner goes haywire"

Nazneen stomped back into the room and went straight to the bathroom. She had a quick shower then went back to the closet and threw on the first dress she saw after oiling her skin and applying the necessary scents.

She grabbed her hijaab and Yusrah's car keys and took her cousin by the arm and dragged her out of the room.

"Where are we going?"

"Cold stone, I'm craving ice cream"

Yusrah's face lit up as she followed her cousin  like a lost puppy.

~*~

"Did you like the jewelry set I sent you?" She asked bringing the cup of coffee closer to her lips.

"Very much Hajiya" the other person smiled "you really have good taste. No wonder people say you're the best jewelry dealer"

"Please,stop flattering me"

Hajiya Maymunah pushed back her own cup of coffee and sat up straight ready to go straight to her point "I noticed something with my daughter"

"Nazneen? What could that be?" Hajiya Asiya asked interested too.

"Don't get me wrong but I noticed that she's less tense with your Khalil than any other man except her father?"

"Khalil has a contagious charisma that anyone can loosen up when with him"

"Nazneen is just anybody" Hajiya Maymunah breathed out "she just isn't free with anybody" she passed her phone to the next person "I got this from last night security footage"

"I was wandering where he was" she played the video. It was the footage of them when Khalil came to drop her off. She couldn't see or hear much but she saw Nazneen's mother was implying.

"When is Zulfa coming back?" Hajiya Maymunah asked returning her phone back to her handbag.

"In the next two weeks,I guess"

"Let me just get this straight" she started "Khalil is too carefree that you think he can't handle the Al-farsi enterprise for long?"

"How did you know?"

"I've seen him with my own eyes. He doesn't look much like a CEO"

Hajiya Asiya smiled in delight "Thank god,I thought I was the only one that thought it was too soon for his father to give him the company"

"And in my case, I think Nazneen is too closed up to have anything she wants"

"What are you proposing?"

"It'll be too soon to propose anything for now but I'll let you know when that changes"

"You really are a sack full of surprises" Hajiya Asiya confessed.

"I'm just tired of seeing Nazneen so afraid of everything, it breaks me every time"

~*****~

Steeze International Modeling Agency
FCT,Abuja

The aesthetician couldn't decipher what shade of lipstick she should use on Fauziya's lips. She had been cold towards everyone in the crew ever since she got to the agency that morning and the one person who might be able to pacify her was in Los Angeles doing a photoshoot for Brandy Melville fashion house.

Keyword,might. Fauziya was a very difficult person to please.

"What colour of lipstick would you like miss Galadima?" She asked the cold model nervously.

"Anyone that works for you" she replied obviously annoyed "And please be fast about it,I have my next shoot in the next twenty minutes". Why the makeup artist was trembling, she didn't know neither did she care.

With shaky hands,she applied the matte red Cherry lipstick that would go with the red beaded lace bridal outfit she had on. Her hair which was tied in chignon was covered with a matching tulle which was handsewn with baubles and golden beads trinkets.

After spraying the makeup setter,the makeup artist passed the small mirror to Fauziya. She sat up straight and brought the mirror closer to her face accessing her makeup. "Why on earth do I look like this?!" She snapped at the tiny makeup artist who may be still be in her teenage years.

All heads turned to them and some even took pity for the girl as Fauziya went on scolding her like she stole money from her purse. The makeup artist even began crying "Get out of my sight you pathetic good for nothing so-called makeup artist" she snapped finally and the smaller girl scurried away after gathering everything in the makeup box.

She turned to her manager, Marisa who was standing next to her with a tablet and a notepad in her arms with red eyes. "And you! What are you still standing there  for? Get me another makeup artist ASAP or you won't like what I'll do to you if this shoot is cancelled!"

"Yes ma'am" she said and went off to find another another artist before the next thirteen minutes or else she would loose her job.

Fauziya turned to the rest of the crew who were exchanging silent murmurs which she could only make out a few, but she  knew they were using hurtful words.

"If you guys have anything to say to me,you might as well say it to my face"

There was a hush of silence after that making her scoff with a rueful smile. "Just as I thought, bunch of pathetic cowards". She picked her bag and l her phone and stomped out of the changing room to adjacent one which was VIP which where she was supposed to be in the first place but went to the other one for a reason even herself didn't know.

Marisa came back sooner with another Aesthetician who was slightly older and looked much more experienced. She got Fauziya ready for her photoshoot at the nick of time. She made sure she didn't suffer the same fate as the earlier Aesthetician.

After the shoot,which she she had barking at the photographer who couldn't get the angles right and making the same makeup artist that was called again to freshen up her makeup almost pee herself,she finally went back home after telling Marisa to cancel all her appointments and hold all her work related calls till the next day no matter how important it was and changing her clothes.

Fifteen minutes later,making her way upstairs to her room after instructing the maids not to bother bringing her lunch and not to disturb her. Her father was probably still at work leaving her alone in the huge place she grew up to know as her home.

She kicked off her Tanzanite heels and peeled her clothes off her body and slipped into a pink fluffy bathrobe w with her name initials written boldly on it then sauntered into the en suite to take a long relaxing bath.

She threw on the first casual wear she found in her oversized closet. A wenti Capri drawstring joggers and a rayon shirt mesh shirt. She loosened her hair from the chignon and tied it into a low ponytail and tied a bandana over it as a scarf.

She flopped on her bed and turned on her laptop and tuned to Netflix watching movies aimlessly until she fell asleep awaiting his call.

So it's another chapter...
Please say you love it.

Anyways, I can't believe Farhad ditched her...

Fauziya is still being bitchy,nothing new in that.

Don't forget to vote
Comment
Follow
And share because sharing is caring

Stay happy
Stay blessed
And don't forget to be nice to each other

Ciao adios ❤
Love,flawless diamond

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 14.1K 42
A fiction book about two people meant to be, a book about Hammad and Yusrah. Hammad Buba Marwa is a 31-year-old microbiologist and, a handsome, class...
99.8K 11K 41
Copyright© 2019 All Rights Reserved UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING! ________ The story of Muhammad Ayaan Qureish and Ummulkhairi Abubakar Qureish...... Rea...
5.3K 532 35
Life in USA was great for Miskiyyah and her family. She and her siblings, Dhikratullah and Dhikrullah(twins) was born over there. Work brought her pa...
16.9K 1.4K 21
Hanan love Sadeeq dearly. She loved him since she was young. Hanan never got the chance to tell Sadeeq and he fall in love someone else. She was com...