Opposites Attract

By fallenxroses

In Khloe King's lame attempt to get over Hayden Ross, her neighbor, she agrees to move away with her mother t... More

opposites attract
01. secret crushes & surprises
02. dinners & discussions
03. apologies & disappointment
04. ex boyfriends & school projects
05. phone numbers & basketball teams
06. jealousy & shame
07. deep convos & decisions
08. parties & surprises
09. sisters & ice cream
10. skipped classes & long lasting smiles
11. hospitals & memories from the past
12. family & the truth
13. cheaters & photos
14. fast paced heart beats & fake smiles
15. drug tests & liars
16. trust issues & boy fights
17. secrets & confessions
18. police stations & complete chaos
19. love & despair
20. criminals & resentment
21. judgemental stares & denial
22. stomach butterflies & temptations
23. sweet nothings & large burgers
24. heartbreak & family arrangements
25. grandmothers & affection
26. hugs & kisses
27. hot boys & jail cells
28. first dates & spaghetti
29. court rooms & girl fights
30. business deals & basketball games
31. blackmail & broken marriages
32. passion & revenge
33. old secrets & new secrets
34. family dinners & stressful situations
35. engagement rings & realization
36. new beginnings & heartfelt moments

37. missing friends & unforeseen plans 

1.8K 57 21
By fallenxroses

I was throwing my school bag into the backseat of my car when I felt a tap on the back of my shoulder.

I quickly turned around to see Claire Dawson standing in front of me.

Her long rose gold hair was covering her face, but behind her shield, I could see her blue eyes widened.

"Oh, you scared me." I exclaimed, taking a step back from her.

"I'm sorry." She finally pushed her hair out of her face and looked up at me. "I didn't mean to scare you."

As I looked at Claire the memories of what happened that night came flooding back into my head as if they had just happened yesterday.

I was at Ariana's birthday party in her washroom after Kiera and I had gotten into an argument, but then in came Claire Dawson and Xander Lu in the middle of an intense make out session.

Everyone knew that Yasmin wasn't the type of girl to take anyone's shit, but at the same time, she knew right from wrong. She knew that it would be wrong to attack Claire, when in reality Xander fucked up by cheating on her. And to be fair Claire honestly had no idea that Yasmin and Xander hadn't actually broken up.

Yasmin even told her that it was okay, yet Claire avoided us at all cost, and I honestly felt bad. I knew that Claire was a sweet girl.

"I wanted to talk to you because I'm too ashamed to even look at Yasmin for a long period of time." Claire admitted quietly.

I tilted my head in confusion. "I'm sorry, did something happen? I'm not following you."

"Khloe, ever since that day I've been feeling so guilty. Yes, I thought that Yasmin and Xander had broken up, but Yasmin was one of my friends and I stabbed her in the back regardless if they were actually together or not." Claire tugged on the ends of her hair. "We weren't best friends or anything like that, but which girl would make out with her friends ex-boyfriend?" Claire shook her head. "I feel like this is all my fault."

Then suddenly, as I looked into Claire's eyes, I could tell that she was about to cry.

I quickly placed my hands on Claire's shoulders. "Why are you crying, Claire? Look, this happened months ago, you don't have anything to be sorry for. Yasmin already told you that she does not blame you in any way. Xander messed up, it was all his fault not yours. At parties, people do stupid things."

Claire lowered her head, "So you don't know?"

My hands dropped from Claire's shoulders as I tilted my head at her in confusion. "I don't know what?"

Claire's hands flew up to her mouth. "Oh my gosh, Khloe, one of my friends just told me that Xander is missing."

My jaw dropped and so did my heart, as I took a step back from Claire. "He's what?" I almost yelled. "I don't know what you're talking about..."

Claire nodded her head frantically. "Yes, I thought maybe Yasmin would have told you, but I guess she doesn't know either. I don't know if they're still in contact or not, but one of Xander's little cousins from an elementary school close to here told my friend's little sister that Xander went missing in Vietnam. The police are looking for him, but it's looking like he ran away or something." Claire groaned as if she was in pain. "I don't know." She shook her head. "I feel like I was apart of his downfall because he cheated on Yasmin with me." Claire pointed at her chest.

I could barely say anything at this point because I was so shocked.

I couldn't believe that I was finding out this information about Xander through Claire Dawson, but I had to pull myself together so that I could get out of this solution and call Yasmin, or any of my friends quickly.

"You don't have to be sorry about anything, Claire," I said as softly as I could. "Please don't be upset, Xander's downfall was the result of his actions, not anyone else's."

Claire nodded her head slowly, "Thank you, Khloe. You've always been so sweet."

I nodded my head quickly, "Of course, but I have to go now." I said quickly, as I closed my back door and jumped into the driver seat. "I'll talk to you soon."

"Oh okay. Bye, Khloe. Again I'm sorry about Xander. I hope he's found safe very soon." Claire said, with a sad smile.

"Me too," I smiled as I closed my car door and quickly grabbed my phone.

"Yasmin?" I practically yelled, "Where are you?"

"Khloe?" Yasmin answered the phone with a confused tone, "What happened? Why are you so worked up? I'm with Reece, we're across the street at the coffee shop—"

"Claire Dawson just came up to me and told me that Xander went missing in Vietnam!"

I could hear a gasp leave Yasmin's mouth. "What?" She screamed, "How could his parents not tell me? They said that they would keep me updated if anything happened, and I talked to Xander a few weeks ago."

"Exactly! I was very shocked that you didn't know. I know that you're close with his parents so I thought you would've been one of the first people that they would tell, after their family of course."

"Okay, Khloe, where are you? Yasmin quickly questioned me.

"I'm still in the school parking lot. Right, when I was about to leave is when Claire came up to me." I explained.

"Okay, meet me at my house and I'll call Kiera to tell her to meet us there too."

"Okay," I nodded my head. "Noah and Hayden are both still in basketball practice, but I'll call Hayden right away when he's done."

"Okay, I love you, girl. See you very soon."

"I love you too." I said softly as I hung up the phone and started my car.

I knew that Xander's parents deciding to ship him off to Vietnam was a bad idea. Especially because they weren't even with him. I knew that something bad might happen to him. I had a feeling that he was going to try to run away.

I just wished that he had waited until he was eighteen, and then he could've finally been free. He didn't have to be under his parent's control anymore.

✼ ✼ ✼

As soon as Hayden and Noah finished basketball practice, I had called Hayden and told him and Noah to meet us all at Yasmin's house.

"So how the hell did Claire Dawson find out before us? Does half of the school already know too? Also, when exactly did he go missing?" Kiera threw many questions my way.

My eyes widened, "I don't know! Claire just came up to me and told me that one of his little cousins who goes to an elementary school near here, told one of Claire's friend's younger sister."

Kiera nodded her head, "I remember Xander talking about one of his cousins who couldn't keep his mouth shut. That kid—"

"Now, now." Noah grabbed onto Kiera's shoulders. "Let's stay calm here, and try not insult little children."

"Whatever," Kiera rolled her eyes, "I'm just very worried, that's all. We all know that Xander messed up badly and I'm angry at him for that, but I would never wish any harm on him ever. I just hope that he's okay."

Yasmin nodded her head, "Let me try to call his parents. If not we should stop by their house."

"Hey, try not to worry, babe." Hayden said softly as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "I'm sure he's okay."

I smiled softly as I looked up at Hayden. "No, I don't want you to worry about me or anything. You've been through enough."

It had been a few weeks since Gemma had died, and the funeral was hard for Hayden, but it was so amazing to finally see him smiling and getting back to his old self. It's always very hard to lose someone that you care about so deeply, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I know it's not the same thing at all, but when Luna got sent away after what she did to Alicia, I felt as if I had lost her in some sense. Of course, I knew that she wasn't dead, but it felt like she was taken away from me. I still don't even know if I'm ready to see her again. But I do wish her the best, and I hope that one day her brain can fully heal in a healthy way.

But now Xander has gone missing.

Things couldn't get any messier.

"You've been through more than enough as well, Khloe. Don't downplay what has happened to you." Hayden raised my chin. "I've been okay because of you, Khloe. Yes, my grandmother was a very important person in my life, but I knew that she loved me and I know that she had an amazing life and that she wouldn't want me to be sad or in pain. I miss her but I'm able to rest now. You've helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel."

"You're more than I could ever ask for." I smiled as I wrapped my arms around Hayden's shoulders. "I love you so much and I'm always here for you."

Hayden smiled at me and then placed a quick kiss on my lips. "I love you so much, baby."

"His parents aren't answering their phone!" Yasmin suddenly yelled.

Hayden and I snapped our heads around towards Yasmin's direction.

"Didn't they know that people would be worried?"

Kiera walked towards Yasmin and grabbed her hand. "It's okay, Yas. Try not to get too worked up. We'll stop by his parent's house. They're probably just very busy with the police and everything. They are halfway across the country. Vietnam isn't close." Kiera explained gently.

"Okay, I'll drive Kiera and Yasmin." Noah stated, "Khloe you take Hayden and we will all meet there."

I nodded my head as I grabbed Hayden's hand and practically dragged him outside.

The car ride was quiet and I'm sure that Noah, Kiera, and Yasmin were feeling the same way. We were all just very worried.

Xander's parent's house wasn't very far from Yasmin's, so we all arrived there within a short amount of time. It didn't take longer than fifteen minutes to arrive.

Hayden and I stepped out of my car, just as Yasmin, Noah, and Kiera walked up to the front door. Yasmin rang the doorbell just as Hayden and I walked up behind her.

After a minute the door opened widely and there was Xander's mom. She looked completely broken. Her black hair was sticking up in every direction and her eyes were red and puffy.

She was shaking and she had multiple tissues in her hands.

My jaw dropped in shock.

"Oh, Yasmin." She wept, "I'm sorry that I didn't call you. I just have so much on my mind."

Yasmin nodded her head quickly, "Mai, you don't have anything to be sorry for." Yasmin quickly exclaimed, "What happened? When did Xander go missing?"

"Yesterday! I sent him to a boarding school and they called me this morning. When they went into his room it was empty and his roommate said that he hadn't seen where he had went." Mrs. Lu was practically screaming at this point. "I feel so bad for pushing him all these years! I should have never sent him away like that. Oh my god, what have I done?" Mrs. Lu fell onto the floor, just as her husband came rushing towards her.

Everyone looked at each other in complete shock.

"Guys, I think this is more serious than we may have thought..." I said slowly.

✼ ✼ ✼

"Do you want to stay over for dinner?" I questioned.

Hayden shrugged. "Sure, but I don't want your parents to worry. I don't even know how to act right now. I feel like I need to sleep."

I nodded my head. "I completely agree. Seeing Xander's mom like that was honestly so sad and scary. I can't imagine how horrible they must feel for shipping him off like that, and then he turns up missing. It's a very hard situation."

"I agree with you, babe. It's scary..."

"Yeah," I mumbled as I grabbed my key and unlocked my door.

As soon and Hayden and I stepped into my house my mom came running towards us and Andrew came close behind her. "Khloe, and you brought Hayden... great!" Mom quickly hugged Hayden and placed a kiss on his cheek. "How are you, honey?"

My eyes widened as I looked at my parents. "Look, mom, we've had a—"

"I know!" Mom laughed.

Hayden and I looked at each other in confusion.

"School must be very hard and you two are probably very tired but I just have to tell you." Mom was practically jumping up and down like a child who had just gotten their first bike.

"Your mother is very excited." Andrew smiled as he looked over at Hayden and I.

"The papers just came in so... I can finally legally adopt Alicia, and make her my daughter by law! She has always been my daughter in my eyes, but I've always wanted to make it legal. I don't know if she'll completely understand but I'm sure that she'll be very happy!" Mom exclaimed with the biggest smile on her lips.

My jaw dropped in shock.

"Wow... I can't believe it!" I almost cried tears of joy. "This is the best news that I've heard all day."

• • •
HEY GUYS HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
*btw this chapter is kinda bad and short i'm sorry*
i've missed all of you soooo much and i'm happy to be writing again. i'm so sorry for being gone and making y'all wait as usual! i've just been working on myself and school :) i applied for university!! and i got accepted into my number one place so i'm super excited about that !!! :)) i hope y'all are okay and feeling good. stay safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 116K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...
1.3K 51 15
Maddison's life as a 22 year old, conquering New York, is the most ideal life you could see in a magazine. Possibly even mistaken her for a runway mo...
1.2K 174 27
Hayden Mackenzie move to a new town were she was loved by her now new friends and hated by some popular girls(Bitches as she claimed them to be )...
866 61 5
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...