Soul Vine | m.yg

Af layerjoon

"I don't know if you expected a fairytale with me, but you can't have one. I'm fucked, my history is fucked... Mere

Introduction
1: Prolouge༄
2:Shadows༄
3: New Beginnings༄
4: Silhouette༄
5: Soul Tied༄
6: Lost and Found༄
7: A Newbie Thing༄
8: Waiting Game༄
9: Angry Little Man༄
10: Here In The Garden༄
11: Hide and Seek༄
12: Night Sky༄
13: Morning Sickness༄
14: Seven༄
16: Reunited༄
17: The Truth ༄
18: Heated Nights ༄
19: Sleepless ༄
20: Secrets ༄
21: Cards ༄
22: Discussion ༄
23: Trying ༄

15: Search and Recover ༄

85 16 2
Af layerjoon

Hearing that the boys had powers was one thing.

Seeing them use those powers was something completely different.

Jungkook picked Eden up like she weighed next to nothing, tossing her into Taehyung's lap with a whisper for him to watch her. Then, he vanished. 

"What the—?"

Taehyung held the confused girl in his arms tightly, pressing his finger against her lips. His eyes were wide, which was odd considering how low his lids usually hung. None of them in the room said anything. They just sat quietly and waited, not even the sound of breathing echoing in the room.

As quickly as he disappeared, Jungkook came back, seeming to just step out of the shadows. His dark brown eyes were intense as he motioned for everyone to get in close.

          "There are two guys out there," he whispered. "I don't know what clan they're from, but they're definitely from Iphorus and not some regular burglars."

            "Do we fight them or stay in place?"

            Everyone turned to Namjoon, who's eyes were moving rapidly behind his closed lids. Once they stilled, he reopened his eyes and sighed. "We need to fight."

            "We can't all join," Hoseok mumbled. "Someone has to stay with Eden. If we leave her she could fall back into an unconscious state, and we'll lose our contact with Yoongi."

           "I'll stay," Taehyung gulped. There was little protest on anyone's end at that. The grey haired man stood up with Eden in his arms and made his way behind the recliner, ducking down so they couldn't be seen. It was definitely a good hiding spot; the back of the chair served as one wall, and the corner of the two walls next to it served as walls 2 and 3. There was only one opening, and it was so dark in the living room no one would be able to see them.

           At least Eden hoped so.

           Jungkook popped down and made sure they were situated. "This will be over quick," he muttered. "You two stay hidden until we call for you. Don't move a muscle."

           Taehyung nodded, gripping Eden tighter to his body.

            The youngest of the group let out a sigh before stepping back, his body fading into a shadow. Eden's eyes went wide.

              So this was his power.

    She heard a few times about the powers that the Achitia clan possessed, but never did she imagine watching Jungkook literally dissolve into a shadow at will. With labored breaths, she shifted in Taehyung's grip, trying to fight the overwhelming feeling of sickness that was starting to come back to her.

              "Are you okay?"

              Taehyung peered down at her with intense eyes. In their close quarters, Eden could feel his heart thudding rapidly against his ribcage. His chest rattled with force, almost like his heart was being shaken around in the hollow case he called a chest.  He was scared, and she didn't blame him. She gulped and nodded in response to his question, trying to look less scared for his sake.

              Behind them, Eden could hear footsteps crunching through the shattered glass from the back door. A deep unfamiliar voice muttered something, and the sound of footsteps split in two, with one fading away as it went up the stairs. She watched the shadows on the floor intently, trying to recognize the shapes and see who was nearby.

              Sounds like Achitia stuff.

              Jungkook's voice from the day of the garden incident rang in the back of her mind. While she may not be able to discern shadows or fade into them like he and Hoseok could, she definitely noticed that she had an affinity for the dark, something none of the other clans did. Either way, she was awful at making decisions, and she didn't radiate the calm energy that Jimin and Jin did.

             On the other hand, she knew very little about the Chiattoria clan. They were a sore subject among the group. Although, from the way things in Iphorus were described to her, she couldn't say she was surprised. She wouldn't be so inclined to talk about a clan that flipped her world upside down either.

    A pair of footsteps started to make their way into the living room. Taehyung and Eden sucked in their breaths, grabbing each other silently as means of protection.

    "We know you're here," A gruff voice called out. "Surrender peacefully so we don't have to kill you."

    What the fuck.

              "Eden?"

               Eden snapped from her reverie to see Taehyung peering down at her. "Yeah?"

               "We might need to run," he muttered. "But you're weak and I don't bench nearly as much as Jungkook does. We may have to swap out."

                "Swap out?"

                 Taehyung pressed himself against the leather of the recliner behind them. Eden was very used to seeing a playful or goofy grin adorned on his face, but now that they were in danger that grin was nowhere to be seen. He looked terrified.

                 "I'm... not that good at fighting," he mumbled. "So I was the best option for you to stay hidden with. But if we have to run then I should switch with Jungkook. He can carry you."

                  The look on Taehyung's face broke Eden's heart. He looked absolutely defeated.

    "I can fight," She offered weakly. "I was in karate for years. I'm an advanced brown belt!"

    Taehyung managed a small grin. "While that's impressive, you couldn't win a fight against these guys. They're comfortable with their powers, you don't even know what your powers are."

    He patted her back with a sigh, his eyes flicking back up to monitor their surroundings. "We're at a disadvantage since Yoongi isn't here. I hope they can handle it."

    The gruff voice from earlier let out an other worldly growl before sending his fist flying into a nearby wall. The room shook, with picture frames falling and shattering from where they stood.

              "You're cowards," he yelled. He stopped his steps and let out a roaring laugh. "You know we have your precious leader, right? Just come out and we'll give him back."

    Jungkook suddenly materialized in front of the duo, rushing forward quickly on his feet with his fist raised. He ran out of sight, and the next thing Eden heard was his fist connecting with skin.

                "Piece of shit," he yelled. He landed another punch, anger overtaking him. "Where is he?"

                "You got spunk kid," the intruder chuckled. "But not enough."

                Eden and Taehyung watched in horror as the man picked up Jungkook and threw him. He slammed against the wall hard, the wind getting knocked out of him as he slid to the floor. She bit her tongue, trying to keep from screaming for him to get up.

              "You're a real shithead," Jungkook coughed. He pushed himself up to his feet, wiping away blood from his busted lip. "Tell me where he is."

                "Fuck," Eden whispered. "He's gonna get hurt."

                "I'm watching him," Taehyung mumbled. "He's okay for now."

                 Though Jungkook wobbled on his feet for a moment and his lip was busted, he really did look okay. His fists were clenched at his sides tightly, showing he was prepared to strike at any minute. Eden hoped he wouldn't let his anger get the better of him and lose focus.

                 "Where do you think he is?" The intruder chuckled. He recovered quickly— too quickly— from Jungkook's attacks. He stepped closer to him, finally allowing Taehyung and Eden to see just how tall and built he was. The sight of him alone made her stomach drop into her toes.

               "You know, they told me to be careful because your group was cunning and smart." He stepped forward and yanked Jungkook up by his throat, holding him high against the wall. "But, really, without Yoongi here you're just a bunch of scared little rats."

                 "Tae."

                "Don't make a sound," Taehyung hissed. He gripped Eden's wrists in his hands tightly. "Don't even move."

                 Eden struggled against his grasp, watching as Jungkook kicked and flailed in this man's hold. It looked too similar to when she was attacked in the grocery store. Only then, Yoongi and Jimin busted in and saved her.

                Where the fuck is everyone? He needs help!

               The man grinned psychotically, his teeth shining in the darkness of the house. "You know, I don't think you have to be alive. You don't seem to be who we're looking for."

               Jungkook sputtered as he clawed at the hand holding him, his kicks getting weaker the longer he was in the man's hold. Taehyung's grip on Eden's wrists grew tighter with every passing second, both of them fearing the worst.

              Eden noticed a pair of eyes peering at the scene from the darkest corner of the room. Her blood ran cold as she remembered there were two sets of footsteps earlier, meaning this guy wasn't alone. His partner must be here to finish Jungkook off.

              The eyes met her own, and they sparkled mischievously.

              Wait...

             Hoseok lunged from the shadows, tackling the man to the ground instantly. Jungkook fell to the floor, coughing as air rushed back into his lungs. Taehyung grabbed his leg immediately and yanked him into their hiding space.

              "You fucking idiot," he hissed, the tears in his eyes giving away his true emotions. "You scared the shit out of us."

               "I'm fine," Jungkook croaked. "We—" A fit of coughs cut him off, and Eden noticed a bruise forming around his throat. "We have to go," he finished. "Jin is in the car."

              "Where's Jimin?" Her voice was panicked. "He needs to heal you before it's too late."

               "I'm okay." Jungkook stood to his feet, wobbling dangerously as he did. He bent down and grabbed Eden, resting her on her feet.  "Can you walk?"

                Though she was dizzy and felt absolutely tired, she wasn't about to let that slow them down. Jungkook couldn't afford to carry her in this state. She nodded, trying to gather every bit of strength she could find in her body. Jungkook stared at her for a second, not believing her. He let it go, though, and reached down to help up Taehyung.

                 The trio stepped gingerly around Hoseok, who had the intruder in a chokehold on the ground. It looked like he was already starting to pass out, which was good. They just needed to get in the car and everything would be fine.

                Eden wobbled on her feet for a moment, dizziness overtaking her. Taehyung and Jungkook reached to grab her before she could fall over, looking at each other with concern.

             "Eden," Jungkook sighed. "If you can't walk I'll carry you."

             "I don't want to slow you down," she muttered. She steadied herself on her feet and took a breath. "Let's just get in the car quickly, okay?"

    Jungkook sighed but obliged, putting his hands on both of her shoulders and guiding her toward the back of the house quietly. It was pitch black, and they could barely see a couple inches in front of them. The anxiety in the air was palpable; Eden could almost taste it.

    The only possible upside to this situation was that they knew where Yoongi was now, and that he was alive. The problem was, Iphorus was an entirely different realm. Eden couldn't imagine how they'd have to get there. A portal maybe, but with how normal this Sirid thing seemed, she wouldn't be surprised if there was a train.

      A sharp thud sounded from the living room. Jungkook whipped his head around, stopping the entire trio in their tracks.

      Through the space where the back door window was, Eden could see Jin get out the car to look for them. They met eyes, and he motioned for them to hurry. As he noticed Jungkook's expression, his frantic waving stopped.

      The youngest of the group was tense. His grip on Eden's shoulders increased to the point where it started to hurt. His gaze was locked on the direction they came from, his large eyes not blinking for a second.

     "Kook," Eden whispered. "Jin is waiting for us. We gotta go now."

     The black haired boy shushed her, squinting as he continued to peer into the darkness.

     "Jungkook." Taheyung sounded as frightened as the younger looked. "What's wrong?"

     "I heard a thud," he mumbled. "If Hobi knocked the guy out, why hasn't he joined us yet?"

      "He's probably waiting for Joon," Eden offered. "Let's go."

     The youngest shook his head. "We're the only ones in here. Everyone else is in the car."

     "What the hell are you three doing?"

     Jin's harsh whisper ripped through the silence of the kitchen. "Get in the fucking car!"

     Jungkook ran back toward the living room, blending in with the shadows as soon as he let go of Eden's shoulders. The force in his run caused her to stumble back into Taehyung's grasp, the latter swallowing nervously as he watched the direction Jungkook ran in. Behind them, Jin slammed his hand against the door frame.

     "I said the car!"

     Before the oldest could get any angrier, the three heard Jungkook yell a series of expletives. Eden's blood ran cold, her body tensing almost immediately.

     What the hell did he see?

     The group listened as Jungkook yelled, trying to hang on to and take in his every word. Everything was starting to get overwhelming, and Jimin's kiss was wearing off. The overwhelming feeling of sickness was returning with force, racking Eden's body like a lowly ship at sea. The floor felt like it was swaying under her feet, and she held tight to Taehyung, hoping she wouldn't hit the ground.

    "What's going on?"

    Namjoon walked up to the scene, his already dark eyes looking even darker with intensity. "Why is no one getting in the car? And where's Jungkook and Hoseok?"

    The silence that met his ears was deafening.

    The tallest of the group peered inside the house in the direction everyone was looking in. His jaw was set tight as he stood, waiting to see either of them appear out of the shadows.

    As the four stood in silence, they heard another sharp thud. Taehyung's grip on Eden increased, and she could feel his body trembling against hers. His heartbeat picked up to a dangerous speed.

    "Fuck," he whispered. "Holy fuck, I think--"

    "So this is where you all were hiding."

      A taller, less built man stepped out from the shadows. His long, dark hair was pulled into a tight ponytail at the base of his neck, framing his nearly perfect face nicely. His lips were twisted into a sick smile as he made his way toward the group.

      Compared to his bulkier partner, he looked like he had no business there. Yet, somehow, his presence commanded the room. He gave their group a once over and chuckled.

       "I see you're all in a defensive state, so I'll just get down to it: we have your boss."

      "Well, give him back," Taehyung whispered.

       The man shook his head with a grin. "I think you know we can't do that." He cleared his throat and loosened the collar of his shirt. "We wouldn't have had to come, but he's not really in the... best shape right now. I'm sure you all know why?"

       "And what about it?" Namjoon's voice was completely calm.

       "Surely you don't think we took him to kill him, do you? We need him alive. Hand over his soul tie and we'll be out of your hair."

       Eden's stomach lurched. The raw fear of the situation mixed with her preexisting sickness was not a good combination. Taehyung's grip was tight, however. He wasn't about to let her fall.

        The man in front of them tilted his head curiously at their lack of movement. "Are you all just going to stand there?"

        "We won't do it," Namjoon said flatly. "You came to our home, broke our windows, and your minion back there incapacitated two of our brothers. Why should we give you what you want?"

        The stranger in front of them hummed, unamused. "I would think it's in your best interest to do so," he muttered. He snapped his fingers twice, and the bulkier man from earlier stepped forward. He had Jungkook and Hoseok each thrown over a shoulder.

         "Put them down," Jin hissed. To an outsider, he no doubt would sound intimidating, but Eden could hear the tremble in his voice.

         "Give me the feisty one."

         The man dropped Jungkook's limp body to the floor. His eyes were barely opened, and his head rolled around on his shoulders like a marble. The well dressed man bent down and grabbed his face, holding his head up so the four of them could see his face properly.

         Taehyung started as though he was going to grab him, but Jin held him back.

        "He's a cute kid," The skinny man muttered. "But his clan label looks a little... old, doesn't it? It's common to get them redone, you know."

       "No," Eden whispered.

        The man pulled out a small pouch from his pocket, pulling open the drawstrings and peering inside.

        "Let's see," he mumbled. "Mayoxus... Ellituary-- aha! Achitia."

       The small iron symbol sat perfectly in the palm of his hand. It began to glow a bright red, a sign that it was, somehow, heating up.

       "Joon," Taehyung whispered. His big brown eyes were threatening to spill over with tears. "What do we do?"

        "I'm thinking," the older said frantically.

      "That's the problem with you Mayoxi," the man grinned. "You think too much."

        He lifted his hand, preparing to bring the hot metal down on Jungkook's face. The dazed boy on the floor barely reacted, his eyes fighting to stay open.

       "Don't touch him!"

       Eden struggled in Taehyung's grasp, trying to break free to protect her friend. She couldn't stand by and wait for Namjoon to come up with a plan. Taehyung and Jin couldn't fight, Hoseok was barely conscious, and Jimin was still in the car waiting for them.

         Jungkook's words from two nights before echoed in her mind.

         It was Yoongi. He saved me.

         Now it was Eden's turn.

         She managed to break out of Taehyung's grasp, but the second she was free her body dropped to the floor.

          Her limbs felt weak as she tried to sit up. The room spun wildly and her stomach lurched. There was yelling coming from behind her, but she couldn't hear what they were saying.

         The man dropped Jungkook's face, letting the raven haired boy fall to the floor. His eyes fluttered and shifted around as he tried to open them. Eden tried to crawl over to him, but a pair of shoes made their way into her line of sight, effectively blocking her from seeing him.

         The unnamed man squatted down, gripping her face in his hands just as he held Jungkook's a moment before. His scowl dropped, and his lips twisted into a grin.

         "It seems as though I found you," he whispered.

           And Eden lost consciousness.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2.2K 205 10
"KIM. MOTHERF*CKING. SEOK. JIN! What the fuck did you stuff in those brownies?!" Vanessa's life takes an unsuspected change the moment she disappear...
140K 4.9K 37
[🔍] After being taken back into the safety of her older brother's watch, Daechul is thrown into an unfamiliar world. While trying to learn how to or...
220K 6.5K 27
Y/N recently lost her mother in a car accident. So her father took custody. But she has seven stepbrothers. So when she moves into her father's home...
778K 36.8K 61
❝Strip❞ ❝What did you just say?❞ ❝I guess you heard it right, baby.❞ __________ Vengeance: A punishment caused or redistributed exact for an injury o...