Naruto Meets the Dragon's

By KuraiYuki-Rose

During the battle of the Valley of the End something happens and Naruto and Sasuke get sucked thru a portal a... More

Disclamer
Chapter 1: A New World & The Red Devil
Chapter 2: Hoax

Volcanic Villiude

6 0 0
By KuraiYuki-Rose

Chapter 3

-Volcano Villude, Serdio-

Naruto, Sasuke and Kushina were sitting around a campfire. "Do you think they'll make it soon?"

"I'd give them maybe 13 hours at the rate they're moving."

"You've got their location?"

"Yeah, they just left the Marshes. I'm tracking 2 people in their group. Shana and Rose. My reasons for Shana being on my Radar is different than Rose." Naruto admitted.

"Why are you tracking Shana?"

"Korallo's Idea. Don't ask, because I'm only trying to figure out the truth of a theory, and it regards Shana. I have to keep a close eye on her, and so does Korallo."

"Figuring out the facts before pegging her?"

"People do that often enough. Being on the receiving end of it is not a good thing. I should know. I don't plan to just peg her at first sight, or the first time. I would rather have confirmation."

"Why not ask?" Kushina asked.

"Because if I'm right, then she won't know, and Rose would try to kill her on the spot." Naruto pointed out. "It's her energy levels that I'm keeping an eye on."

Sasuke nodded. He knew that Naruto wouldn't like unnecessary bloodshed. "Alright then, why are we waiting here?"

"This is the fastest way to the nest. And I'm picking up 2 powerful beings in this area. We could take one on, and win. But if they are both after us, I doubt it. Our chances will increase if we go through with them." Naruto looked towards the nearby volcano. "It's not active, but that's not what I'm worried about... One of them is a Virage. Damaged or not, it will be tough. They're on equal terms to the Ichibi at this point, but there is no way to seal them up right now. This one will be harder than when I fought the Ichibi and Gaara, because I just had to wake up Gaara. Now, it would be near impossible for me to do. That will be hard as hell."

"You're right. I had trouble with the Bijuu, even with the power of Bijuu. It's not an easy feat." Kushina added, before sighing. "What kind of weapon are you learning to use?"

"Korallo's old weapon. It's a Short blade, similar to a Rapier, and not as flexible as a sword. We've been working on a style since we were in Hoax. Before that, I was basically learning the ropes for the weapon itself. That's why I was so sloppy during the beat back in Hoax." Naruto admitted, before taking out a sheathed Dragon's Horn. "I'll be honest, either the Nidaime's Raijin was based off of this, this was based off that that, or they were similar, but individual ideas."

Kushina nodded. "Mine if I try it out?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that will be possible. Only I can use it, and only because of my Chakra being infused in it. His is used to mark mine as good. You don't have his Chakra in you anymore. You can't do so. My Chakra can activate it. For anyone else, it's nothing more than Brass Knuckles. A Trench Knife would be a more effective weapon in that category." Naruto pointed out.

"I see. That's too bad." Kushina admitted, before pouting. "I wish I could have a weapon like that."

"You can. When Korallo is finally absorbed into me, then I'll have his memories. He forged it himself, from Belzac's Dragoon Armor. It was made in ways that no one really knows for sure. It wasn't easy, and it's a far cry from Chakra Metal back home. It's far more effective with security. If someone else tries to use it, it will signal me and not work. If it gets too far from me for too long, it will return to a seal which Korallo designed. The seal itself is in my right hand. If that happens, the seal will appear, and I'll notice that someone tried to steal it from me."

"What's the range?"

"At 100 meters, it will return after 42 seconds. The farther it goes, the shorter the time. If it's already unsheathed, the moment it goes into someone else's hand, it will automatically sheath itself. The hilt is the sheath on it's own. That's the great part about the security."

Kushina nodded. "Go through the movements. I may not use a Rapier, but I may be able to tell what you're doing wrong."

"It's one of Rose's styles, and Korallo knows it. She literally came into my Mindscape, found the seal, and gave Korallo permission to teach it to me, regardless of the fact that he knew she wouldn't have taught anyone."

"And where were you during all this?" Kushina asked.

"Have you ever gone into the seal, and slept in his fur?" Naruto asked.

"Don't change the subject, Dobe." Sasuke scoffed.

"I wasn't, Teme." Naruto retorted.

Kushina raised an eyebrow. "I'll humor you. No, I haven't."

Naruto whistled. "Man, mom. You really missed out. During that time, I was in his fur. Front left leg. Back home, I preferred to be in a tree than my own bed. Honestly? I'd prefer his fur over a grassy meadow, that I would love to be in over the tree. It's that comfortable."

"You're kidding me." Sasuke said.

"I wish. Every word is true." Naruto said. "If not for the fact that she got there without interference, I would've been out cold at that point."

Kushina and Sasuke sweatdropped. "Okay, that's just creepy." Sasuke stated.

"You don't know the half of it." Kushina added. Naruto simply shrugged, before turning his head towards the West.

"What's up?"

"A High Chakra source."

"You mean magic, right?" Kushina tried correcting.

"No. I mean Chakra. Magic has a different feel. These levels give me the impression of Ero-sennin, Baa-chan, and Hebi-teme. It's too far away for me to get a scent, so I can't tell which one. But I know it feels... familiar. Those are the only three that I know are that high. Kakashi-sensei is possible, but I don't think so. I've been around him for far too long. I'd know if it was him."

"And yet you continue to yell out when he's late."

"Sakura yells because he arrives late. I yell because he shows himself late."

"What's the difference?"

"Because I know he's in the area about an hour after I usually get there. He only shows himself 2 hours later. That's the only difference." Naruto explained.

"How can you pick him up? His Chakra?"

"I could find Kakashi-sensei from across the village if I focused on him. This one... I can sense it, but I can't decipher it. If he comes closer, I'll know. It'll be easy for me to know if he comes around. The closer he gets, the easier it will be for me to decode. If it's Hebi-teme, he's probably looking for Sasuke."

"Why would this Hebi-teme be after him?"

"He's talking about Orochimaru. The Snake Bastard placed the Curse Seal of Heaven on me. Coming here allowed me to use the power he gave me without the negative Side effects... At least that's the theory so far. We still haven't gone through everything." Sasuke admitted. "This is an experience for me. A life without revenge, or ability to go through life without worry. With a family that doesn't care about me not doing good enough."

Naruto looked at Kushina, who stared back confusingly. "Sasuke, did you drink from my GR bottle?"

"Your what?"

Naruto pulled out a bottle with GR engraved into it. "This thing?"

"Yeah, why?"

Naruto sighed. "When did you drink from it?"

"The day we left for Dragon's Horn. Is something wrong with it?"

Naruto inwardly smirked. 'Korallo, you getting any of this?'

"You put that in there, didn't you?"

'Unfortunately. It stays active for a full 6 weeks.' Naruto replied mentally.

"Alright Sasuke. Before the Massacre, did Itachi like spilling needless bloodshed?"

"No, why?"

"I'm just going to ask some questions that may answer some of the other ones. Who would he rather side with: His father, or the village? Before the massacre, of course."

"Village."

'And here's the question I have been wanting to ask for a while.' Naruto thought. "If your father was planning to overthrow the Hokage, and Itachi was ordered to dispose of the entire Clan, and he never truly changed, would he have saved you?"

"I don't know."

"What if someone else would've done so if he didn't, and you wouldn't have lived if that happened? Would he have done so, if only to save you?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke's eyes widened. "He... He would." He looked at Naruto in surprise. "Why are you asking these questions?"

"Confirming a few things I heard. I was right. He wouldn't have done it if there was another choice. There wasn't." Naruto sighed. "And Itachi isn't a true Rogue. We've got a reason he did it. The timing is probably right before they would've struck: opportunity. And finally, there's the point that he was far beyond his age in skill. Even still... I don't see how he managed to pull that off. An entire Clan in one night is impossible, except maybe for my father, but not even I could do that. He had help. Even with his skill, it wouldn't be enough. That's the point that doesn't make sense."

"That can't be right."

"Think of it this way: One Elite ANBU against, 200 or so Uchiha, at least 60% of which had their Sharingan active. Mangekyo or not, it doesn't make sense. He had help. By the time he reached his 20th kill, someone would've found out and alerted the others."

"And then he used the Tsukuyomi on me..."

"To get you to kill him for doing wrong, when he did no wrong." Naruto finished for him. "Either that, or his accomplice had done a lot of wrong, and it's for teaming up with him. Either one would explain it."

Sasuke thought for a moment. "Why am I talking about this so calmly?"

Naruto displayed the bottle. "It lasts for a full 6 weeks. 42 days down to the second. I didn't warn you about it, because I didn't think you'd look for it. I've only used the formula in there Three times. It keeps the person calm while telling the truth. They can't lie, and they can't get pissed off due to reactions. It's a much safer way of getting the truth, and no one will ever notice it's there."

"Tsunade of the Sannin would know. She'd be able to find it." Kushina pointed out.

"No. Not even she can find it." Naruto reiterated. "I should know. Lee drank a bit of it before one of her checkups on him. He came out perfect... At least as perfect as he could've been. Nothing else was wrong. He was healing about as fast as he would with injuries. She did an extra look, for anything. It was my request that she did, because I noticed that he took a few sips of it. It was enough for it to active, but she didn't find any of it. No abnormalities. She didn't find anything. Several doctors ran tests. None of them found it the entire time he was under the effects. There's no contamination anywhere in the body. You can't find it. The GR bottle is my "I want to know something, I don't have much time, so nut up and speak up, or ask for your death." More often than not, it's the former, because they have no idea what I did before they realize the choice is there."

"That's... effective." Sasuke said, with a slight pause. "I'm gonna stop talking now."

Naruto nodded with a smile. "You still have maybe 3 weeks before the time's up." He paused for a minute before readying Dragon Horn for a battle. "Care for a spar? Test out the styles we've learned so far?"

Sasuke nodded, as he drew his rapier. They both took the same opening stance. "Mom, care to ref?"

"No kill strikes. Groins shots are frowned on, but allowed. No jutsu. No Bloodlines. No enhancements."

"That means no Flying snake." Naruto pointed out.

"That also means no drawing on Korallo." Sasuke retorted.

"He's right, Sochi."

"I knew that, mom. This is a human on human fight. Nothing but pure physical skills." Naruto stated.

"Ready?" They both nodded. "Begin!" she jumped back. As Naruto and Sasuke charged each other. Their blades clashed, and neither budged an inch. They both pulled back, before clashing move for move. Kushina kept a close eye on their movements. While Sasuke was fast and precise, Naruto was moving fast, and sticking to blocking. His form was slightly off balance, and she mentally noted that with each hit, he lost a bit of balance.

That was until they clashed after 5 minutes of fast hits from each of them. Naruto hit Sasuke in the wrist, causing him to lose a bit of grip, before hitting the blade from the wrist, causing Sasuke to lose his Rapier into a nearby stone. Naruto held Dragon Horn to his neck. "I win."

"Winner: Naruto." Kushina stated. "I must say, despite the shortcomings I saw, you still won... I'll be honest, the way you were going, I thought you might actually lose, Sochi."

Naruto looked down. "I knew it. I suck."

"That's not the problem, Sochi. You're better, because you turned a disadvantage into a win."

"He was off balance throughout most of the match." Sasuke pointed out.

"I was?"

"Yes, Sochi. You were. That didn't stop you, and you still pulled off a win by disarming him." Kushina said, before drawing her Katana. "Sasuke, grab your rapier and put it up. I'm going to teach him how to stay balanced with a weapon. Sochi, stick to blocking only. Your goal is not to disarm me, or hit me. Your goal is to keep balance, and keep blocking. Understand?"

He nodded. "Kit, be ready for insane speed, and strength. Her skills with that katana would break Dragon Horn if it wasn't made the way it was."

'Noted.' Naruto replied.

Kushina leaned forward a bit. Naruto noticed this and got ready for anything. Kushina disappeared, and Naruto jumped back, before a cut appeared on the front of his jacket. 'When you said she had speed you weren't kidding!'

Naruto raised Dragon Horn to the left, and placed his hand behind the flat, right as Kushina hit it. He stumbled backwards. She didn't let up, and he managed a weak block, knocking him over. "2 blocks? That's it?" She said.

"I know, that's bad."

"You dodged the first one, though only by a small margin. The fact that you blocked the second strike was a good thing. Not many can dodge and then block. The third strike you blocked, but you fell down. You would've ended up dead on the fourth strike. A former member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist lasted 9 strikes, while most ANBU would rarely live after 5 strikes. You've got the instincts to use it. Your mind knows what to do. You need to synchronize your mind and body. It's the same with Sasuke and his Sharingan. If he can see it, but his body isn't fast enough, he can't stop it. You didn't even see the first strike, did you?"

Naruto shook his head. "I only saw the Third one before it came. The first one I didn't see coming. I just moved back. The second one, I only had a small idea, and moved to intercept it. I was right. The third one I saw coming and managed to block, but I was already nearly tipped over. The strike came too quickly for me to regain my balance before you struck, I had to block, or dodge. Dodging would've been impossible with the way my balance was going. I would've had to dodge to the left. I was falling back right. Blocking was the only viable option."

"Correctly analyzing the situation, applying the most likely outcome and acting on the best chance for survival. That is a skill not found in Genin, and definitely not most Chuunin. If you can apply that to all forms of combat, you'll go a lot further." Kushina explained. "I'm both glad and saddened you have that kind of skill, Sochi."

"Why?"

"I'm glad that you'd survive a war if you had to... but I'm sad to think about why you had to gain that skill." She admitted, with a sad look. "When it comes to balance training with a weapon, going against me with only weaponry is the best test you can get. Genin level: Your dead first shot. Mid-Chuunin: you get 1 block. 2 if you're lucky. Low-Jounin: 2, 3 if they're lucky. Most ANBU go up to 4. EX-ANBU have gone up to 5, and would die on the sixth. Your skills, if you manage to completely synchronize your mind and body with a rapier, is Low to Mid Jounin already. With the fact you blocked twice, but dodged one is the reason you'd be that high if you had the balance. Dodging is counted as 2 blocks, if its a complete miss. If I graze the clothing, like I did with you, that's a good 1.5 points. That's the equivalent of 3 and a half blocks on my scoring. If you master the Rapier, you will be unrivaled with it."

Naruto looked at her in surprise. "I'm that good?"

"You can be. You have the knowledge. You just have make your body recognize the knowledge quickly. Instantaneously, if possible. And trust me, it is possible." Naruto nodded. "With your current skills... You're far beyond the learning curve. How long have you been working on it?"

"I haven't used any weapon until I came here... Aside from the Kunai and Shuriken, but everyone uses those. I never learned how to use a sword, or anything else."

Kushina went slack-jawed. "Sochi..."

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes, something's wrong." Kushina said, earning surprise from everyone. "3 weeks with a weapon aside from what everyone else would use in your profession, and you're this good with it... I'm sorry, Sochi, but that's just fucking impossible. You couldn't have had no previous training with another weapon of some kind. There is no way... no fucking way that you could be this good in 3 weeks. Even learning from a master every second of every minute of every hour for 2 MONTHS no one would've gotten this down to the level you do."

Naruto was surprised. "Shouldn't that be a good thing?" he asked. "It just means I have a natural ability with it."

"No, I gave the timeframe for a natural. It took me years to get to the level you're at now. And this is learning on the job during a war. I... I don't know how this is possible, even for someone that could prove the impossible was indeed possible with their very life. I..."

Naruto was in shock. 'Korallo... am I really that good?'

Korallo didn't answer. 'Korallo? Are you there?'

"Y-yeah..."

'Is everything okay?'

"Naruto, get in here. Now." Korallo said, sternly. Naruto was slightly surprised, and sat down before heading into his mindscape.

Sasuke looked at Kushina. "Did he really get that good with it so quickly?"

"Personal experience says it's impossible. Everything else points to yes. I need to talk to Rose about this. How the style is used, where it shines, where it dulls, everything. I need to know the exact specifics of the style." Kushina said. "I have to figure it out. I have to know how he can pull this off so easily, and learn it so quickly. There has to be something about it that he understands, whether he sees it or not."

-Mindscape-

Naruto appeared in front of the seal. "Alright, what's wrong?"

"Naruto, this is serious. There is no way this could happen if you were fully human. And you have no demon blood in you. You wouldn't have had an adverse effect using my Chakra if you did."

"So what am I?"

"That's what I want to know. And until Rose and her group gets here, I'll be looking for an answer. I can't rest until I figure out just what the fuck is going on."

Naruto was a little shocked. "Just how bad is it?"

"Bad enough to make me curious. And I if you tell this to Rose... Syuveil would've gone crazy over something like this. That much I can easily say is a fact. When you see Rose, tell her I'm going silent to figure out just what the fuck is going on."

Naruto nodded in response. "Okay, now get out. I have to get to work here. No questions, either." Naruto was gone in a second.

-outside-

Naruto felt like he was blown back 20 feet. "I feel like I just got blown back 20 feet."

Kushina and Sasuke looked at him. "Any ideas?" he asked.

Naruto shook his head. "The only thing he can think of is something in my heritage isn't human. It's not demonic either. Whatever it is, he's going silent to figure it out."

"It's not my side. Obviously its your father, but he never showed anything other than an insane level of learning. Still, not even he learned this quickly." Kushina admitted.

-several hours later-

Rose, Dart, Shana and Lavitz made it the group. "You look like someone died here." Dart said.

Naruto wasted no time, and spoke up. "Rose, Korallo's gone silent in curiosity." Rose immediately paled at that. She couldn't even form a coherent word. "He even said that Syuveil would've gone crazy to figure it out."

Rose took a step and fell down. Naruto was immediately there and caught her. "I take it you know the full gravity of the situation?"

She was out of it. "Rose?" He waved a hand in front of her eyes. No response. "Mom, a little help?"

Shana was immediately looking at her. "I may not know her, but this is fainting due to shock." Shana said. Kushina examined Rose as well.

"She's right. Rose is always composed. Even more so than a "Stick up the ass Hyuuga". For her to get shocked enough to provide a reaction of this magnitude is like... Like the Winglies of old were actually nice, and Humans revolted because they didn't like the way it the world was run. Back home... The Yondaime glaring at an Iwa Genin that knew his reputation, with no way out, no back-up, and Minato had his Hiraishin Kunai ready for an epic level slaughter would get the same reaction out of the Genin."

Naruto and Sasuke looked at her, and nodded seeing the reaction. "And then that would still pale in comparison to the level of shock." Kushina continued. Naruto looked at Sasuke. "Get my bedroll, Sasuke. We're not going through here yet. We'll need Rose to progress, especially if they're here."

"Who's they?" Lavitz asked.

Naruto shook his head. "Right now, that's not important. Rose is the only one of us that's encountered one of the two beings in here and lived to tell about it. 3 survived that same battle, out of 7. Red Eye, White Silver, and Dark."

"Well? Don't leave us hanging, fill us in!" Dart said.

"If we come across it, I'll let you know. I just hope we don't run into it." Naruto said. 'If Korallo and I are right, and Shana is the Moon Child, then she'll probably know when we get close as well. The Moon Child is the Larva form of the Virage Embryo, from what I learned from Korallo.'

Naruto's bedroll was spread out, and he laid Rose down on it. "Rest up, guys. We'll need it."

-Naruto's Mindscape-

Rose was walking up to the seal. "I told you not to bother me with this, Nar..." He stopped when he noticed who it was. "Rose..."

"What's got you in a ditz?"

"You'd find this out from them if you were awake, but I'll be blunt. Naruto's progress with a Rapier is inhuman. No human can learn something that complex that easily. He progressed in 3 weeks whereas a natural with a Rapier progressed in 2 to 3 months. A Natural learning from a Grandmaster such as you, who's been using the Rapier Class weaponry for over 11,000 years would pick it up in about a month. All things considered, this kid isn't human. Not completely anyway. And I've already found something. I just can't seem to identify it. I didn't go up against the Winglies directly, but I could tell you what I have already found."

A picture of Naruto appeared in the water. "As you can see his form looks human. That eliminates a lot of possibilities, but still not enough to knock it to do a sizable number of choices. His shoulder blades have started emanating a Minuet amount a magic, not Chakra. Chakra is found in humans naturally. Magic isn't. Dragoons gain magic. Winglies have magic. A few others I could name. That has been what narrowed it down to a mere 5 species. 3 of those species, would make my Chakra have no bad side effects to using corrupted Chakra like mine. That would narrow it down to a Dragoon, and a Wingly."

"Did you do anything to him to cause this?" Rose asked.

"No, nothing. And that's what's confusing me. A Dragoon is actually a subspecies, but doesn't fall under one particular species." The image faded. "When you wake up, wake Naruto up, and check the Shoulder blades for any sign of a Wingly. You were there when they figured out about the anatomy of a Wingly. I wasn't. You're the deciding vote. I hope you remember what you saw then, because you're the only one, short of a true Wingly, that would know."

"What about until then?"

"Sleep. Get some rest. You'll need it for the barrage of questions I can guarantee Kushina and Sasuke are bound to have. I've told you what I found out. By the way, there's a Virage in the Volcano. The Kit already sensed it, and one other powerful being in here. I still plan on being silent until this matter is solved."

"You already have Feyrbrand's location, right?"

"It's on the other side of Volcano Villude. Get some rest. You'll need it."

Rose nodded and walked out, stopping at the entrance. "You know, you never do get that curious."

"When it involves him, it might happen." Rose left after that.

-the next morning-

Rose woke up to find Kushina the only one awake. Naruto was holding on to her tightly, as if he'd lose her if he let go. "You're finally awake."

"You have a few questions, don't you?"

Kushina nodded. "The others are sound asleep. I need to know what it is you're teaching him."

"If you want a description of the style, I'm afraid you're out of luck. I don't use the Demon's Dance Format often. There was a few centuries of experience that went into its creation. There are ways he could get it down, but there is something that may be a deciding factor. The style took a decade to create, after using Rapiers for over 700 years. I know he learns things faster than most would ever think. He managed to get me to learn what he calls Tree Hopping within 2 minutes of practice, and a few short sentences beforehand. He can apply skills in an unrelated action and pick it up easily. Explaining it is about as easy. I may be surprised he picked it up quite fast, but I'm not shocked at the level."

"The kind of progress he made is impossible, even for someone like me. There has to be something in his father's side that I didn't know of. Something that isn't human."

"And that's something I may be able to check out." Rose admitted. "I've been around a lot of different species, and races, only 1 of which is human. I... I found out that he's got a different energy emanating from his Shoulder Blades. All things considered, there's 2 possibilities."

"You talked to Korallo, didn't you?" Rose nodded. "And that's what he said?"

"Yeah, and the wings put it down to 5. 3 of those 5 would be able to handle his Chakra without any side effects. That leaves 2, and one of them, I've checked out. That also means the location may play an important role. He may have roots in Endiness, and that's why he's progressing so much."

Kushina nodded. "It's as they say: Location is everything. This is just another way it applies." Rose nodded in agreement. "Can you check it the way you are now?"

"No... but I don't feel like moving right now." She admitted. "This is just..."

"Comfortable? Warm? Safe?" Kushina suggested.

"All of the above." Rose admitted.

Kushina was in thought. 'As much as I want to wake him up, I should let them enjoy it. I don't want to wait for an answer... but I'm glad I took a picture last night. Jiraiya is gonna flip when he sees it. Which reminds me, I need to kick his ass for not showing until he was 13.' "Fine, but I want to know the moment you do."

"You'll be the first to know." Rose said. "You're his mother, right? You have a right to know."

"Glad to know you see that."

"I'd be blind not to."

Naruto groaned at that point. "Rose...?" He noticed she was awake, and tightened his hug, before realizing what he was doing and jumped back with a blush. Rose saw this, and had one thought. 'He's cute when... why am I thinking like this?'

"Are you okay?" Naruto asked, without meeting her eyes.

Rose nodded, but he caught it. "I need to check your back, Naruto." She was blunt about it, no doubt.

"Why?"

"It's a theory." 'Right or wrong, I still have to find out what attracts me to him.'

Naruto nodded and took off his jacket, revealing a mesh shirt underneath. He lifted up the back. Rose was there looking, as she lifted it over his head. "What are you doing?"

"Checking something. Don't move. It will make this go quicker." She stated, as she poked Naruto's shoulder blades. The left shoulder blade first, and she added a Second finger. Then a third. 'This one is a Wingly. Now for the other one.' Rose did the same, and got up to 3 fingers. 'You've got to be kidding me. It's a Wingly, there's no doubt about it. But it isn't complete. Almost as if... it's still forming. Shit, it came in as Genetic.'

"Rose, is everything okay?" Naruto asked. "I'm not sick, am I?"

"It's not a disease, Naruto." Rose assured him. "It's something in your Genetics. I'd have to talk to an old friend of mine to figure out a few things about this. I'd need to figure out just how much of your blood would support this, and it's not exactly human blood, but it's close. Still, it's developing as we speak. You can put your shirt back on, you know?"

Naruto did just that, and zipped his jacket back up. "You know what it is?"

"Yes, but it's not complete. If we come across any Winglies, then we'll have to ask them without the others knowing something they didn't know." Rose replied. "For now, all I know is you're part Wingly. This isn't a good thing, especially if others find out."

Naruto nodded, knowing that Humans fear what they don't understand. "I understand. Also, I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I just..."

"Freaked?" He nodded. "You never had much contact with others. I can't say I'm surprised."

"I was just worried that something bad happened."

"It's only bad if you think it's bad. I didn't think it was." Rose pointed out, before looking at Kushina. "I may know the level, but I figure you know what was wrong. Mind filling me in?"

Kushina nodded before explaining the few flaws that she found. "There's not many, but the ones that are there can lead to death if he's not careful."

"Those will be fixed with the experience he'll gain. Something's telling me there's going to be a second Dragon Campaign, and someone is forcing it to come. How is he coming along elsewhere?"

"I've only been working on his Chakra Control, and not that often. He's been using Kage Bunshin for that, and is starting to get it easily. Being here is a good thing for him. The More I think on it, the better he could've been. And with the seal slowly draining Korallo's Chakra and adding it to his, he'll need more control. Much more than anyone else. Kunai balancing is coming along quite nicely. I'll be giving the next phase when he's ready for it. Shouldn't be long before that happens."

"No training on control until after Feyrbrand is out of the picture." Naruto said. "It won't help much, and with a Virage in this area, we can't be too reckless."

"I see. We've got a few that can handle a Dragon, but only 4, maybe 5, that could take on a Virage and survive. Your sensing abilities will come in handy." Rose said. "We'll wait until the others are up."

After 30 minutes, everyone else was up, and eating. Shana looked apprehensive about he volcano, knowing something was off about it. Dart noticed, but didn't say anything. When they finished, Naruto and Kushina sealed everything that was left. "There's 7 of us now, so with what we have left, we could get through tomorrow, and have a bit left. We'd have to get more food on the one side." Naruto said.

"I don't think that would be good for Shana." Dart pointed out.

"Dart! I'll be fine." she protested.

"Actually, I have a feeling that Shana will need more nutrition than the rest of us. Lack of traveling experience, or all out combat against the unknown are good reasons for this."

she looked at him. "How did you know?"

"Your build, and the way you walk. Your build shows you can go for while, but not as long as most of us. The more you travel, the more your build shows it. By the way you walk, you're not entirely familiar with all out combat. Even if you don't like to fight, if you have the experience and ability, the walk still shows. You show the least in both areas." Naruto said, earning surprise from everyone.

"I know I'm not strong, but I can fight." She argued.

"Give it up, dobe. You won't convince her otherwise."

"Shut it, Teme!" Naruto shouted at Sasuke, before looking at Shana. "I never said you couldn't fight." He narrowed his eyes a bit. "the reason being I'm sensing powerful energy inside of you." Dart and Lavitz tensed and looked at him.

"You know what it is?"

Naruto shook his head. "Lavitz has a less Potent version, and in much smaller levels, but other than that, they seem similar."

"More Dragoons?" Rose whispered into his ear.

"Maybe." he whispered back.

"If Shana is the Moon Child, then her also being a Dragoon is Ironic."

'Tell me about it.' Naruto replied mentally. 'Wait, I thought you were going silent!'

"I heard what Rose said. Figuring out how much of your blood is a Wingly can only be found out by a Wingly. I won't be able to figure out anything else. It's useless to focus on that matter until we find a Wingly."

Naruto mentally nodded. "Anyway, if you manage to tap into that energy and control it, it'll make you a force to be reckoned with. Shana, much more so than Lavitz."

Everyone nodded, but Shana was apprehensive. Only Naruto and Dart noticed though. They went in and found what Rose said was a Fire Bird. (A/N: I always thought this was a Phoenix by it's form and Element. It sure looks and acts like one in a fight.)

Naruto shook his head. 'I could swear that was a Phoenix.'

"Similar species. Fire Bird is actually a set of species. A class, so to speak. A Phoenix is a species in the class. There are those made of fire, and a Phoenix has flesh, and covers itself in flames often. That one seems to be a Fire elemental, in the Fire Bird Class."

'Oh.' Naruto replied. 'That makes sense.'

The bird squealed, and went after them. "Run!" Naruto shouted, as they ran into a cave. The bird stopped at the entrance, and squaked. Naruto seemed to understand it, and he looked at it. It seemed to talk to him.

"Why are you here? Are you siding with the Dragon?"

Naruto understood that clear as day, and walked back to the Bird. "What makes you think we're with Feyrbrand? He's attacking homes! Lives are being lost!"

"Then how do you know it's name?"

"Going into a fight like this without knowing anything is suicide, even for a Dragoon." Naruto pointed out. "I know the name, and I checked the legends on him. Figured out what could be fact, or crap, and have been planning on every possibility. When you live a life like mine, you tend to prepare when you're about to go into a suicidal fight." he looked at Sasuke. "Whether you realize it or not." He looked back at the Bird, which seemed to peer into his soul.

"You plan to harm the dragon?" Naruto nodded.

"No. We plan to eliminate him. We've got 2 Dragoons, someone that can fight similar to a Dragoon-Snake hybrid, something called a Jinchuuriki, 2 possible Dragoons, and someone that has the ability to eliminate an army almost singlehandedly."

The bird looked at everyone. "The girls in your group have some kind of strange power."

"Any one in particular?"

"The one in purple, and the one that has a bow, and yes I can see it."

"Okay, first one is a Dragoon. Dark Dragon. The other one is a possible Dragoon. I'd place my bet on Light element for her."

"The one with a bow has a similar feel to her as something in the volcano. Something I avoid."

"The Virage I sensed earlier?" Naruto asked.

"The thing is a Virage?" Naruto nodded. "Be careful around it. It only has one arm, and no legs, but it's still dangerous."

"Noted. We have more of a chance to get through here than I though." Naruto said. Everyone else was confused that Naruto was talking to the bird.

"Naruto... What are you doing?" Kushina asked.

"Figuring out what I can. Rose. Mom. Sasuke. Remember when I mentioned the Virage?" They all nodded. "This guy has seen it, and avoids it. It only has one arm, and no legs. I think that helps us far more than I thought."

"If you can, could you get rid of that thing? You do that, and I'll let you pass, no problem."

"I don't know. Weakened or not, a Virage is no Joke. Feyrbrand is a bigger threat to the masses at this point. Unless the Virage moves around often, then I figure that Feyrbrand would be higher on the target list." Naruto pointed out. "If we find it, and it attacks us, then we'll get rid of it. Other than that, it's something that we should avoid, all things considered."

"At least you're being honest." The bird seemed to think. "By the way, how can you understand me?"

Naruto shrugged. "I've been talking with animals for years. Birds included. I've learned a lot of things from animals. Your speech patterns are similar to a Red Finch, which tends to pass by my village in the Spring."

"If you ever want to talk and you're in the area, drop on by." The bird held out a wing. "Friend of Birds."

Naruto grabbed the wing, which was warm, but not overly hot. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Oh, and by the way, I just gave you the ability to go swimming the Lava around here. It's a permanent ability, and there are a few Lava Sharks in the area. They make great food, and are easy to cook for humans. If you head to Lohan, take some with you. They'll get you a lot of money, that's for sure."

"That's a nice tip. You interested in human businesses?"

"No, but I have heard about it from a few Ravens. They watched the ones that got them and found out something with a lot of Os."

Naruto pulled out a piece of paper. "Did they count out how much?" The bird nodded. "How many?"

"7 Os, with something like an L or I." Naruto put wrote down 10,000,000. "This right?"

"That's it."

Naruto whistled. "10 Million? How many did they sell?"

"They say only 5. That was the total."

"Damn. 2 Million per shark? If I ever start fishing here, I'll be selling half of what I catch. Eating the other half. That is, if it's okay with you. It seems to be your territory."

"Eh, I eat them too. Don't worry so much. I'm the only one in the area that does eat them often. There's plenty to go around."

"Thanks. I owe you."

"Get rid of the Virage, and I'd owe you."

"Wouldn't that just even us out?"

"No, the Dragon going down would even it out. The Virage would make me owe you."

Naruto nodded. "Let's go guys." He said to the others. They all nodded. "See you around?"

"Hopefully."

He ran to the others. "Try not to hit these guys!"

"If they attack, it's their fault!"

Naruto caught up with them, as the Fire bird flew away. They continued and took out a few Fire Elementals, Flaming Salamanders, which reminded Kushina of Hanzo. They came up to a Lava Pit. Naruto's danger senses were tingling badly. He knew the Virage was close, too. They stopped near the end. Shana fell to her knees. "Shana!" Dart said, going after her.

"Shana, can you sense it too?" Naruto asked.

"There... there's a voice." She replied. Naruto inwardly paled. "She knows."

'I see that. But she doesn't realize what it is.'

Naruto put a hand on her shoulder. "What is it saying?"

"I... I don't know. I just hear it."

"Where is it coming from?" Shana pointed to another direction. Naruto sighed. "Of course."

Everyone looked at him. "What?"

"You already know what's there, don't you?" Kushina asked.

"My danger senses, and yes I have them, are saying to stay away from that area." Naruto replied, before getting an idea. "Rose. Dart. Sasuke. We're checking it out. Lavitz, Mom, watch over Shana. If I'm right, the 4 of us stand the best chance."

"Oh? And you're saying I don't?"

Naruto shook his head. "Someone needs to watch over Shana, and Lavitz may be strong, but he won't be able to hold everything off for long. That's why you're staying here."

Kushina nodded.

Naruto, Rose, Sasuke, and Dart went towards the area. They stopped. "I knew it." was the first thing that was said, and it was Naruto that said it.

"A Virage..." Rose said quietly. "Naruto, we're going to have to talk about your sensing ability. If you could pick up a Virage this deep in the Volcano from the campsite we stayed at, that will be helpful to learn."

"I've been developing my Chakra senses for years, but Chakra isn't the only thing I can sense. The longer I stay here, the more magic I can sense. Or rather, the more I define it. Rose, I can feel both your Chakra and Magic power. Your Chakra is far from pathetic, but you only use it unconsciously. It's been building up since we left with Dragon Horn." Naruto pulled out said weapon. Sasuke and Rose pulled out their rapiers, and Dart quickly followed suit with his Bastard Sword.

The Virage woke up, and tried to claw at Rose, who dodged. Naruto cut off a finger in one go, channeling his Chakra into the blade itself. "Kit, that was your Wind Chakra. It enhances cutting power."

'Noted.' Naruto replied, as he backed up. The Virage looked at Naruto, and seemed to point him out. Light charged around its eyes and Naruto jumped up as it reached a high level, and was about to fire.

It missed by 3 inches, and seared off part of his jacket, and his shirt. "That was my favorite shirt..." He said, almost to himself. 'Korallo...'

"I was wondering when you were going to ask." Naruto's features changed to become more fox-like. He wasn't covered in the cloak. Dart was surprised at this, as was Rose. Sasuke wasn't surprised it was happening, but rather was shocked he'd use it.

"Rose! Dart! Get back!" Sasuke shouted. They both looked at him like he was crazy. "Naruto's about to go ape-shit, and the last time I saw that, I almost died being in the area!" Rose didn't back off, but Dart did. Kushina, Lavitz and Shana came running soon, but Naruto ignored them. Instead, he disappeared. No blur, no flash, no indication of him moving. The arm was cut off at the shoulder, Naruto holding it in his hand standing on the wall.

Kushina immediately knew what happened. "What pissed him off?" was her question.

"He said something about his shirt." Rose said.

"His favorite shirt... Rose, you may be able to calm him down, but only you. If I could make a suggestion?" She nodded. "Do so as a Dragoon. If he goes after you, you'll live longer."

"What is going on here?" Shana asked.

"Naruto is using a power far beyond anything I've seen." Lavitz said. "And I've seen the Dragon Sandora has once."

"That power healed a puncture would laced with lightning to his lung, that missed his heart by an inch, and he still kept on fighting." Sasuke stated. Everyone looked at him. "I should know... I did that to him. I saw it heal. It went through his body completely, and the wound was completely healed in 4 seconds flat."

"You did what?" Kushina asked, her voice dangerous.

"My mind was influenced by the Cursed Seal of Heaven. It was an idiotic mistake to leave, but it turned up some great results. I'm not affected by it, anymore." Sasuke pointed out.

"Death Dimension!" They heard Rose say, as the Virage screamed. They turned their attention to the fight. Naruto and rose were slaughtering the Virage together, and in perfect synchronization. Kushina also noted the stance, and balance of Naruto's fighting. 'He's learning as he goes. And his rage is adding to his experience. Yesterday, his balance was terrible, but now...' She narrowed her eyes. 'His balance is perfect. Something's definitely not right. I know it's a push comes to shove situation, but this is ridiculous.'

Naruto and Rose continued to cut, and pierce every bit of the Virage. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" 5 clones and they charged the Virage, Rose coming in behind, and they dealt far more damage. The Virage was taking a large beating, and everyone watched them both. The Virage fell back into the lava. Naruto and Rose stood next to each other at the Lava's edge. "Rest in pieces, you bastard." Naruto said, as Korallo's Chakra receded. Rose noticed this, and saw that he was about to collapse, she caught him and transformed back.

"Alright, did anyone just see what I saw?" Shana asked.

"You mean Naruto going on a freak rampage?" Lavitz asked.

"No, a fox." She said. "I could've sworn I saw a fox surrounding him as he fought."

Kushina and Sasuke looked at her. "How did you see it?" he asked.

"So I wasn't imagining it? His arm was really covered by a fox?"

"His right arm." Sasuke pointed out. "Wait, that's the same arm he holds Dragon Horn with. You don't think..."

"It's possible, Sasuke."

"No." Rose said. "It was enhancement. Not a guide."

"You were fighting! How could you tell the difference?" Dart shouted out.

"Because I could tell it wasn't a controlling power. It was an enhancement power. There's a difference in the feel between the two, and I've used both before. You can't combine them easily. It was chaotic, but controlled. That's enhancement. Get rid of the Chaotic feel, and you've got a second controller." She said, picking him up. "We'll rest up here. We'll need him for this place. The Fire Bird likes him a bit."

Everyone nodded, seeing the possibility. Naruto woke up within 30 minutes, though. "Uh... my head." He looked around, and saw Rose and Kushina awake and on watch. "30 minutes. No surprise." Kushina said.

"Damn bastard ruined my favorite shirt." Naruto said.

"I also noticed earlier that the shirt you were wearing... I gave you back then." Rose pointed out.

"That's one reason why it's my favorite. I rarely get presents that aren't explosives waiting to kill me." Naruto pointed out.

Rose sighed. "You worried me for a moment there. If I didn't get assured that you'd be fine from both Sasuke and Kushina, I would've worried a lot more than I am."

"You don't piss me off and get away with it. That's a known fact. If I don't kill you, I humiliate you." Naruto said.

"An Uzumaki has bad tempers, Females more so than the males. A Jinchuuriki that's an Uzumaki? Pissing someone like that off, is like signing your own death warrant." Kushina admitted. "It's not the rage itself that's the problem. The rage instantly multiplies their Chakra levels by 5, and their Control over it by 2. Their mind is in a full battle mode until the target of their rage is either gone or dead. If he gets knocked out before either of those happen, then it will stay dormant, should the target not be around, and it will manifest the next time they meet... Twice as bad. Sadly, it's genetic."

Naruto nodded. "It makes sense. Every time I drew on it unconsciously, my rage left, it left."

"Sochi, are you aware how you were fighting during that last battle?" Kushina asked. He shook his head. "what was going through your head?"

"'This bastard has to die.' was the only thought I had. Why?"

Kushina and Rose looked at each other, and then back at him. "That would do it." was Rose's comment, before she drew her rapier. "Come at me. Let's see if it stuck."

Naruto shook his head. "Alright, nothing but the Rapiers?" she nodded, and he took Dragon Horn and readied it. "Alright then. Let's do this."

Kushina watched as they both went at it. She also noticed something. 'Strange. His balance is better than before we came in, but not perfect like in that fight. Maybe it's the opponent. He doesn't want to hurt her. His moves are hesitant.'

They got back. "You're hesitating. Why?"

"I don't want to hurt you, Rose." Naruto said.

'As I thought. It's the intent.' They went back at each other. "I can handle it."

"I don't want to take the chance." Naruto retorted.

"Are you saying I'm weak?"

"No!" Naruto shouted. "You're not weak! I don't want to lose you if I lose control!"

Rose went after him as if she was trying to kill him. "If you don't take me seriously, you might as well be calling me weak." She said.

They backed off, and Sasuke, Dart and Lavitz had woken up. Kushina noticed, but the two didn't.

Naruto's eyes were shadowed at this point. "You want serious?" Naruto's voice was low. His left eye showed first. It was still a deep blue. The pupil was slit, though. He disappeared. Rose blocked a strike with a small amount of shock.

Kushina noticed his balance. 'That's what it was. He doesn't want to hurt her. It's the intent to harm, or even kill. The fact that he doesn't want to hurt her makes him hold back.' Strikes were exchanged at a rate far beyond the Naked eye. Dart could only tell where they hit, but not the strikes themselves. Lavitz was no different. Shana didn't see anything but sparks.

Sasuke had activated his Sharingan and noticed everything. 'His moves are precise. His strikes are fast. He really did improve.'

Kushina sighed. "To think it was intent." Sasuke looked at her out of the corner of his eye. "What do you mean Intent?"

"Earlier, his balance was a little off again. His movements were also hesitant. She taunted him. Got him to fight her seriously. That is what you're seeing right now. His balance is perfect, his entire form is perfect." Naruto disarmed Rose, and she caught his arm, slamming it against the nearby wall, causing him to drop Dragon Horn.

They looked each other in the eyes. No words were said, until rose let go and stepped back. "I told you I could."

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"I figured out why you were so good against the Virage. You held no qualms of it to survive. But me... You wanted me to live. That's why you were hesitating. That's why your balance was off. It's all about your intent, and what you want to happen. If you're aiming to kill, you'll take your opponent seriously. If you want to protect someone, you'll hold back, and your skill suffers. Either you make it so your skill won't suffer when you face off with those you care for, or stop fighting period." Rose said as she sat back down, and was breathing a little heavily. "But I'll be the first to admit I haven't had a workout like that in a long time."

Naruto was about to apologize, but she held up a hand. "If you don't take your friends seriously in a spar, and they notice, they'll think that you think they're weak. You lose friends that way. Even if they are weaker than you, they can improve if you push them hard enough. The reverse is true as well."

He sighed and nodded. Sasuke also heard this, and realized what he was missing out on. 'Is that why? Is that how he can be so much better than I am? No, it can't be... but the proof is right in front of me.'

"Naruto." Said blonde looked at Sasuke.

"What?"

"Back in the valley, did you go all out then?"

Naruto shook his head. "I didn't want to kill you. I wanted to bring you back alive. Injured, hoping for a no, but I was willing to. If I killed you..." He trailed off.

Sasuke sighed. "And to think we were on an equal level then." Rose looked at the two.

"If you were equal then, and he wasn't going all out like that... He's actually more powerful than you."

Sasuke sighed. "I realize that. And with this, I can actually believe it. The proof is right in front of me."

"I knew you were good, but not that good." Lavitz said, in awe.

"Actually, I used to be better. I've gotten rusty. Look at him. He's not even winded." Rose pointed out. "And that one ended up in a draw."

"that was rusty?" Kushina asked, surprised. Rose nodded.

"Double disarm. That was the tie." Dart said. "Still, to move that fast and still be accurate? Unreal..."

Rose looked at Naruto. "You've got the basics and intermediate levels of the Demon's Dance Format mastered. I've never showed the expert level with Korallo around. Anyone to see it, has already been killed, or is dead. An old friend of mine had a friend named Olivia. I didn't know her that well, but she was the only one to see it and not die outright. She was alive for 2 months, and died naturally."

"Korallo is the same way, right?" Naruto asked, earning a nod.

"Because of Korallo, I'm willing to bet she was reincarnated into something else as well." Rose finished.

"Alright, I'll go fishing, and then we'll move on. I've got a lot of energy to spare. Oh, if the Fire Bird shows up here, just say I went fishing."

Naruto took off the undershirt, and handed it to Rose. "Mind holding on to this? I don't want to risk it getting melted off by the Lava." She took it, before realizing what he said.

"Wait!" But by the time she could say anything, he was already diving in the lava. "Is he insane?"

"Perfect sign of a Dragoon, that's for sure." Rose said, earning strange looks. "I didn't say this before, but Dragoon's thrive on insanity. They have to control the insanity, or they'll lose themselves."

Sasuke sighed. "He may as well be a Dragoon already." Kushina raised an eyebrow.

"Insane doesn't cut it for half of his actions that I did notice. And the Insanity doesn't bother him." Sasuke then looked at Kushina. "do you know of a guy that wears Green Spandex and shouts about youth all the time?"

"Might Guy?" She asked, earning nod. "Yeah, I know him."

"Would you believe that he once tried emulating him?"

Kushina paled. "You're kidding me."

"I wish. That was a sight I don't want to see again. I'd prefer to see him in the orange jumpsuit rather than the Green Spandex."

Kushina shook her head of the images. "How much did it affect him?"

"Nothing. He showed no reaction... Just acceptance."

Rose sighed. "That's a strange way of handling it." Sasuke looked at her. "Accepting the insanity... that's something no Dragoon has ever done. Everyone always thought that Accepting the Insanity it brings would mean they're insane. Maybe..." She looked at the Lava. "maybe that was a wrong thought. Insane might not mean bad."

A giant Shark came out of the Lava and landed next to Sasuke. Naruto's head popped up. "Sasuke, could you measure that? I think it's about 5'3" but I'm not sure. Head tip to the center of the Tail fin."

"I don't have any measuring tape. I left mine back home."

"Don't worry. My bag, scroll marked 76, Third seal. That should be enough. Measure everything that pops out, if you can." Sasuke got the scroll, and unsealed a measuring tape, as Naruto said.

Sasuke took to measuring it, surprised there was a Shark in the lava in the first place. Naruto was already back underwater. "5 feet, 4.2 inches... If he stays here, I'd say he fishes for a living. Either that, or he hires himself out as a Merc." Another Shark came out, and Naruto went back in.

Sasuke measured that one as well. "5 feet, 6.5 inches." over the next 3 hours, Naruto continued to fish, and got 8 more Lava Sharks, 3 Lava Eels, and a Lava Piranha. The sharks were anywhere between 5 feet and 6 foot 2. The eels ranged from 4 to 7 feet. And the Piranha came out biting Naruto's ass.

His clothes were not damaged... except for the bite mark from the Piranha. "The Piranha is getting eaten here."

"I want half of it." Rose said, earning a nod. Kushina cut off the head and then it got cut in half.

Naruto cooked it with his Chakra, and did the same for Rose. He took a bite out of his. "You know... This is actually pretty good. Yo, Sasuke! Cook it with your Chakra, then taste it."

Sasuke did so and tried an eel. "Damn, that does make it better. I've got to remember that."

They all ate, and the rest was sealed up. The Sharks were sealed up first, and there was one eel left. It was sealed up as well. "That was some really good cooking." Shana admitted. "Better than my own."

"I think they're equal." Lavitz admitted.

"Alright, let's head out." As they continued they found a roundabout where the Fire Bird met them. Naruto looked at him.

"What's up?"

"The Dragon is in the nest again. It sensed something powerful, as did I. When it disappeared, the Virage disappeared. What happened?"

"Oh, that? That was me, getting pissed off at the Virage... Which just so happens to be dead. You don't piss me off and get away with it." Naruto told the bird.

"You really have to teach us how to talk to birds."

"It took me 6 years of practice to get to where I am now. Foxes I learned quickly, same as those in the Canine families. Felines? Not so much. Which reminds me, why have the animals around here avoiding us?"

"They aren't avoiding your group. They're letting you pass. This is my territory after all, and I have given you safe passage... You and her." The bird pointed a wing at Rose. "I heard that you two utterly annihilated the thing on your own."

"Like I said: You don't piss me off and get away with it. The Virage was not smart enough to notice. He ended up dead because of his idiocy." Naruto reiterated. "And he was already pushing it when he went for Rose first."

"That's strange... but still, you got rid of it, and that's fine by me. If you kill the Dragon, then I'll owe you one."

"I don't like owing others, or having others owe me." Naruto pointed out.

"Just get going. There's another man here, and I've been wanting to take him out. He's got no weapon, though. He wouldn't be any fun. Oh, and I forgot to mention your clothes wouldn't get burned in the Lava as long as you're wearing them."

Naruto's eyes widened. "Good to know, and I think we should help him get out of here. See you again sometime?"

"Hopefully here, and not dead."

"Likewise." He turned to the others. "There's someone else here, and I completely missed him with my Chakra Searches. Let's go. Hopefully, he's on the way to the exit." The bird went back down into the Lava. The others continued forward, and found a man looking for something.

"Hey! You shouldn't be here!" The man jumped, nearly fell into the lava, Dart caught him and brought him back to the surface. "What are you doing here?" Dart asked. "It's dangerous."

He gave his name, which was Dabas, and explained he was looking for artifacts. He was an artifact researcher, and went to great lengths to get them. "I'll have to go to Lohan, though. If you're ever in town, come on by. I'm opening up a shop there soon. See ya!" The man ran off towards the exit.

Naruto then realized they were close to the exit. "Come on guys. I think we're almost out." Needless to say they were out quickly and saw a forest, which Rose and Naruto immediately knew that Feyrbrand was in.

"The Dragon's nest..." They said nearly silently. "Our target is there."

"Shana didn't draw on the power of the Moon Child, if she has it. I think she doesn't even know what it is. Dart and Lavitz seem to know, but I doubt it. The fact that she knew the Virage was there, and even heard it, is not a good sign."

'I know. Any ideas?'

"Rose is probably suspicious, but she won't say anything, trying to convince herself that it isn't the Moon Child."

Everyone walked on, Naruto and Rose at the front. "Naruto, I might be deluding myself, but I think that I have gotten really lax."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Do you think Shana is related to the Virage?" Rose asked.

'Damn, I was hoping she didn't figure out I suspected Shana of the Moon Child.'

"You want the truth?" Naruto asked. "I think Shana is the Moon Child."

"And you didn't say anything?"

"I had no proof, and the theory wasn't concrete. It still isn't. Until I know for sure, it's better to not say anything, or do anything. I wasn't kidding about Shana being a possible Dragoon." Naruto said. "I spent my whole life being judged for something I had no control over. I'm not about to do the same to someone else, based on a theory that hasn't been proven."

"If she is, then she'll have to die."

"Maybe she will." Naruto said. "But then again, she might not. If she can learn to control it, and yes it is possible, then it would be how she uses it that determines how it will be. You remember that conversation?"

Rose thought back, and then nodded. "Until we find out what she would do with that kind of power at her disposal, we don't do anything. If she's not the Moon Child then we won't have to do anything. This is what I think should happen."

Rose sighed in response. "I can't let her get to the Moon that Never sets. You know that, right?"

"And unless someone else brings her there, she won't be able to. She doesn't even know right now. It's best we don't say anything on the matter. If anyone finds out, then we'll talk to them about it. For now, leave them to their ignorance. As they say: Ignorance is Bliss." Naruto pointed out. "Don't worry about it, unless someone starts going after a way to release the God of Destruction."

"The Moon Objects?"

"2 out of 3, and if they go after her, we'll stop them. We stop them, and then we stop her from going. Someone will have to keep an eye on here if she is. I'm willing to bet Sandora has a connection to someone that would be after her, if she is."

"And if she is?"

"Then we'll act accordingly, and with as little deaths as possible. Her heart is still pure. That much I can tell." He eyed Shana. "But there is no proof either way. We do nothing unless they go after her."

Rose sighed again. "I don't think there's much of a choice, though."

"That's only because you haven't found them. Look underneath the underneath. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there." Naruto said. "A situation that seems hopeless, has a solution. You jut have to find it."

"And if there isn't?"

"Then you're not looking hard enough, or at all." Naruto continued.

"You may be right."

"This is my experience talking." Naruto admitted. "There's a piece that you're missing. One that you need to find, before you find the alternative answer. That's all there is to it."

They got to the forest quickly, but Naruto stopped them. "What? Why are we stopping?" Lavitz asked.

"Because I'm sensing an Aerial poison up ahead." Naruto said.

"You mean the Dragon Poison is here as well?" Naruto nodded. "This isn't good."

Naruto looked at everyone. "There may be a way to block out the poison, and possibly gain an immunity to it." Naruto said.

"What do you mean? Only a Dragoon can gain immunity."

"If we're in it for a few hours, our bodies can adjust to it, and make it so we can do so without problem. And I know how to block it out." Naruto said.

"What do you mean?" Kushina asked. "I mean, I haven't even heard of it."

"But Korallo has encountered it. I can help you shield yourself from it, while your body adapts. If I'm correct, it should take about 4 hours for your bodies to adjust."

"But if you're shielding us from it, then how do you know we'll adjust?" Dart asked, confused.

Naruto looked at the few glowing orbs, which only he saw at that point. "Does anyone else see the glowing orb right here?" His finger nearly touched it. Everyone else shook their head. "We're in a location where it can affect you. It's thin here, but the fact that it is here, means you could've already gotten to it. You're just not showing any signs. The Shield will prevent more from getting it." He held out a hand. "Put your hand on mine. I'll be using his Chakra to put up a Shield over your skin. If it itches: Don't scratch. If you don't have a Dragoon Spirit, and this includes you, Sasuke, then put your hand on mine."

Shana, Lavitz, Kushina, and Sasuke put their hand on his. Dart and Rose stood to the side, while Naruto put up the Chakra Shield around them, and Shana was moving to scratch her hip. Naruto grabbed her wrist. "I just said don't scratch. You'll only make it worse."

"It doesn't itch. It tickles a bit."

"How long will these last?" Lavitz asked.

"9 hours, or until we fall asleep. Whichever comes first." Naruto pointed out.

They headed in and took out quite a few. Naruto was relentless on the monsters here, but he remained nice towards everyone else. They found the entrance to the nest after about an hour. They also found that the Chakra shields worked out. Naruto didn't say anything but he had a Chakra Shield on as well. After 30 minutes he turned his own off.

He found that he was unaffected Korallo confirmed it. When they found the entrance, he looked at Lavitz. "Come here for a second, Lavitz. I want to check something."

He pulled a part of the chakra shield and checked beyond it. 'He isn't being affected by the large dosage I'm giving him without him knowing it.'

"I see that. I can dish out anything I can take. He's completely immune."

Naruto mentally nodded and took off the rest of his shield. "Shana, I'll be checking you next."

Naruto took the piece off of her arm, and checked it through the same process. Kushina was the only one that knew what he was doing, but stayed silent. He took down the rest of it. "You're both immune to high amounts of Dragon Poison." This caught everyone by surprise.

"What do you mean?" Sasuke asked.

"How much were you putting into them?" Kushina asked, earning everyone's attention.

"I'd say enough to cause death by a D-rank muscle paralyzing toxin." Naruto said. "I think that would be about right."

"Civilian or Shinobi?"

"Shinobi 9 years, ANBU an extra 4 years." Naruto explained.

"Okay, if they aren't showing any signs of it, then they're obviously immune. Especially with those kinds of dosage." Kushina said.

"You mean you put it inside of me?" Shana asked, holding her arm back.

"I had to check it. I was immune after 10 minutes, and took my shield down after 30. It's been an hour 22 minutes. Your body can handle more than any other human, since, if I'm right, you aren't showing any of the signs." He looked at Rose, who nodded.

"He's right, there are no signs showing." Rose confirmed. "I didn't get the toxin comparison."

Kushina went up to her and whispered in her ear. She looked at Kushina like she was crazy. "That much?" A nod. "Alright, if you two weren't immune, you'd be dead. Plain and simple." She looked at Naruto. "And I think we've established that you're insane."

"How much?" Dart asked, fearful.

"The equivalent is about 13 liters." Rose said. Everyone was shocked.

"13 liters in a 6 second timeframe." Naruto corrected.

"As I said, if you're not dead, you're immune. Where did you put it, anyway?"

"Veins." Naruto scratched the back of his head.

Sasuke spoke up. "Let it be said that Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze is fucking insane."

Everyone agreed, even Kushina. Rose's opinion of Naruto, on the other hand, heightened. 'That may be fucking insane... but the more insane he seems, and yet still acts the same way afterwards... the more I like him. I think I'm going insane, and I'm starting to like it... Yeah, I'm definitely going insane.' Rose ended up thinking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 417 50
What if instead of kurama being sealed inside of Naruto he raised Naruto in the outskirts of the village away from the people. What if after a few Ye...
123K 1.6K 47
You are (Y/N) Uzumaki, a young aspiring ninja of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. You are the son of Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage of the villa...
8.5K 130 16
Summary: After Sasuke defeats Naruto at the Valley of the End, she takes him to Orochimaru. There, they discover a hidden seal. As Naruto regains his...
3.9K 193 36
Melissa Warner had not always had an easy life. She had been heartbroken more times than she could count by men. It was for this reason that she ha...