Ashley Black

By tozier_byers_malfoy

The story of Sirius Black's daughter and her journey at Hogwarts. More

Chapter 2

Chapter 1

23 1 10
By tozier_byers_malfoy

"You have everything?" Remus asks me right before I get on the train. I give him a look, showing I'm annoyed. "I'm sorry, it's not every day you send off the girl you raised to Hogwarts."

"Will you stop worrying about me uncle Remus, I'll be fine." I smile, grabbing my trunk from him. 

"You are going to be one brilliant witch." He kneels down to kiss my forehead.

"I already am." He chuckles, standing. "You'll write?"

He pats my back. "Every week, and you could come home for Christmas. Although, you may not want to once you get there."

The train honks its horn. He looks at me. "Bye, uncle Remus, I love you!" I call out to him. He waves his hand as I jump onto the train.

I walk around, looking for a cart that's empty or somewhat empty. The train honks again, signaling it's about to leave. I quickly rush into a cart with two blonde haired twins, and another guy. "Do you mind if I sit here?" I ask them.

"Well, a girl as beautiful as you how could I say no." The blonde haired boy speaks. I blush, but take a seat next to the other boy.

"You'll have to excuse my brother." The girl glares daggers in her twins direction. "My name is London, and this is Draco, we're the Malfoy twins. And that there is Blaise Zabini."

I smile. "It's a pleasure to meet all of you, I'm Ashley, Ashley Black."

"So, Ashley, what house are you hoping for?" Blaise asks me. His voice was soft, and kind.

I fiddle with my hands in my lap. "My mother was related to Salazar Slytherin, so most likely I'll be ending up there, but my father was a Gryffindor, so I guess I have some choices."

"No way." Draco chuckles. "You're the heir? Can you speak parseltongue?" He asks me. I nod my head, blushing. "That's so cool!"

"Really? My uncle always thought it was weird and that I should hide it. He thinks that people won't like that I'm an heir and a pureblood."

Draco looks at London. "I'm sorry but I think I'm in love." I giggle and London rolls her eyes.

"So, I hear Harry Potter is on this train." She smirks. "If he's in Slytherin we will totally get the house cup."

I smile. "Yeah, I met him in Diagon Alley, he seems nice. But you're going for Slytherin?"

"Duh! House of Malfoy, we're always in Slytherin." Draco smirks. "And you already met Potter? What's he like?

All of them turn their attention on me. "Oh, well he was pretty shy, but he was very sweet in a way, very confused, it's his first time in the Wizarding World." I pause. "He was excited, he wanted to learn more about his parents."

"What happened to them is terrible." Blaise acknowledges. "I would be heartbroken if I lost my mom."

"Let's change the subject." London tells us. "Ashley, is that your owl?" She asks. I nod my head. "Eurasian Eagle Owl, if I'm not mistaken." I nod. "Draco has a Great Horned Owl, and I myself have an eagle owl, very beautiful creatures."

"London here is super passionate about animals." Draco tells me. 

"You're an animal and I don't like you." London retaliates.

The two start to argue. I lean over to Blaise, "Are they always like this?" I ask him.

"Don't worry, you get used to it." He and I both laugh as the two twins sit and argue.

-----------------------------

"Wow." I look out the window and see the castle. "Guys, check it out!" They scoot over to the window. "It really is beautiful."

"Slytherin house here we come!" London shouts with joy.

The train comes to a stop and we all get out of our cart, and head off the train. A large man stands at the end calling all the first years.

The four of us head over, and stand in front of the man. "Oh my god, Ashley?" I hear my name. Hermione rushes over to me. "I was looking for you everywhere!" She squeals.

"Sorry, I was with some new friends." I turn but they're gone, must have gotten pushed through the crowd of first years.

"Don't worry, come with me." She takes my arm and drags me over to Harry, and this red-head boy. "This is Ashley, and here we have Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley."

I smile. "Pleasure to meet you Ron. Nice to see you again, Harry."

"Do you want to ride in the boats with us, Ashley?" Harry asks me. I nod my head. The four of us head over to the lake, looking at all the little boats.

"Let's take this one." Hermione leads us all into the boat. I sit down next to Harry, smiling. 

"How are you feeling so far?" I ask him.

He looks at me. "This is amazing. Everything is so perfect here. A little bit confusing, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually."

"I get what you mean. I love it here already. The scenery is gorgeous and I can't wait to explore the school."

The rest of the way there is silent, just us pointing out cool things along the way. We stop right at the school. Harry offers me a hand as we get out. "Thanks." I say, taking his hand and stepping out from the boat.

More professors are there to help us get into the school. We walk into an area marked for first years. We see the entrance to the Great Hall but are forced to wait by the stairs.

A voice booms from the group. "So, it's true then, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Whispers sound around the crowd. Draco walks over to us. "Name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

Ron snickers in the corner. Draco's head pops up. "Think my name's funny, don't you?" I look at Ron, then back at Draco. "Red hair, hand-me-down clothes? You must be a Weasley." Ron shrinks, embarrassed. Draco turn back to Harry. "You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort," he glances at Ron. "I can help you there." He holds a hand out to Harry.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Harry says calmly. 

A professor, Professor McGonagall, emerges in front of the students. "Alright, alright, everyone. Now, before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. There are Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin. Please only step up when your name is called, now if you will kindly follow me."

The doors open, and she leads the students into the Great Hall. I turn to Harry, "I'll be back." I run up to Draco and London. "Hey Draco, quite a scene you caused back there." I nudge his arm.

"Shut up, Ashley." He groans.

"Aw, is poor Draco sad because he didn't make a friend?" London teases.

Draco crosses his arms and doesn't answer. London and I laugh, and stop at the edge of the stairs leading up to the professor's table. Sitting on a stool in the middle, was a hat.

Professor McGonagall steps up onto the platform. "Now, when your name is called, come and take a seat, and be sorted." She looks down at the scroll. "Ashley Black." She calls out.

"Yes! You got this!" London whispers excitedly. I give the twins a thumbs up as I walk on stage. I stand next to the sorting hat. The professor takes it off the seat and I sit down. She places it on my head.

"Ahh, Miss Black. Very intelligent, very talented. Very ambitious, cunning. Oh, lot's of potential I see, and the heir. Haven't had one of those in a while. Yet, you possess a kind soul. You are quite a difficult one indeed. I believe I made my decision though, Slytherin!" The hat calls. The Slytherin table erupts into cheers. I smile and bounce over to the table.

I hear Ron whisper tp Harry. "There's no witch or wizard that hasn't ended up bad from that house." I sigh, but still skip over to the table.

I watch the list go on and on. Hermione and Ron both got into Gryffindor. Ron was super excited, as his whole family was there. "Harry Potter." Everyone goes silent as his name is called. Harry looks over at me, and I give him a thumbs up.

He walks over, and the hat is places on his head. Harry starts mumbling under his breath. "Not Slytherin, eh?" The hat shouts. I felt my heart sink. "Are you sure? You could have so much potential. Slytherin could help you on the way to greatness, now there's no doubt about that." Harry keeps begging the hat. "No? Well if you're sure, Gryffindor!"

Cheers erupt from the Gryffindor table as Harry makes his way over, barely looking at me while he walked over. Guess I know where I stand now.

Professor Dumbledore heads up to his stand. "Welcome, first years, to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Just a few announcements before we dig in. First, all prefects will lead the first years to the dorms after dinner, boys and girls separated. Second, the forbidden forest is forbidden to all first year students, and lastly, I must remind you that the left wing on the fourth floor is closed, and no student should walk there unless they want to suffer a horrible death." I look at Draco, confused. "Now, let's eat!"

Food then magically appears on the table. Draco was looking at his sister, at the Ravenclaw table, he was shocked, but more scared of her, considering his family.

I could already tell that this year would go by fast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...