Forest Germ

By YuzuTree

A child born in the forest pushes forward into the city to play volleyball. A certain ace takes interest in t... More

0. Upbringing in the Forest
1. First Day of School
2. Tryouts Results
3. Practice Match with the Boys
4. A New Good Luck Charm
5. Itachiyama vs Fukurodani (Boys' Volleyball)
6. Getting to Know Each Other
7. One Practice Day...
8. Golden Week: Day 1
9. Golden Week: The Next Day
10. Golden Week: Nohebi Girls' Scrimage

3. Seniors vs Juniors

26 0 0
By YuzuTree

『3rd POV』

After everyone warmed up, they got in position for their practice match. The game has begun.

"Goda will be the pinch server for the juniors. You guys will decide when you want her to join in. Seniors will start first," Kujo-sensei said. He was referee for this match and Miura as the score keeper.

"Let's play!"

Imai was up to serve. She served targeting in between Nakashima and Minato.

"All right!" Fuyumi received it to the Takamina. She sets it to Makino with a C quick. One blocker is up. That spike went through and was received by [F/n], surprising people. When did she get there!

The ball cleanly went up for Imai to set. She sets it Juumonji, who spikes a clean straight through 2 blockers. Point goes to Team Seniors.

"Nice receive, Mori-chan," Kido and Takao patted her back and she nodded in thanks.

The game went by. Team Juniors were getting annoyed and feeling the pressure. It's not only because they were going against their seniors. The libero was digging in all the places they thought were open. Even blocked spikes were cover by her. This made the rallies long just for one point. Of course, [F/n] is human so she isn't able to reach some but that was a slightly lower percentage than average.

Score
Seniors - Juniors
11 - 9

"Mori skills are not average. Especially with the amount of saves she got," Goda said during the timeout.

Team Juniors look over to [F/n] and Makino says, "She's almost invisible on the court. You can't even tell where she'll pop up."

On the Seniors side, they were looking at her with impressiveness. Juumonji was hitting her back a bit to hard and complementing her.

"Mori you were so amazing! Those receives were like swoop and pop out of nowhere! And you were able to cover me so well! I'm so moved, Little Fairy!!"

"Umm... Juumonji-senpai... I'm trying to... drink water..." She said in between hits.

"Sorry, Little Fairy! Haha!"

"Little Fairy?" [F/n] asked.

"Your small and you fly around the court like a fairy so Little Fairy!" Juumonji gave her a bright smile while the [F/n] hummed in response.

"But is true. I didn't even know you were there when received," Takao said.

"Could you be a little louder when you get the ball? I don't want to accidentally run into you." [F/n] replied saying she will try to follow Kido's request.

Timeout finished and they went back into position. Goda swapped out with Minato to serve. She tossed the ball up and hits a jump floater serve. [F/n] calls to receive the ball and passes to the setter. She can receive a jump floater?! Goda thought.

"Tori!" Imai calls.

Tori spikes the ball to confronted by two blockers. She attempts to do a line shot, but is blocked back.

"Out!" Mori calls.

The ball lands out and another point for the Seniors

Score
Seniors - Juniors
12 - 9

"Nice call!" Otake pats [F/n] on the back.

"Thanks, Otake-senpai."

It becomes Juumonji's turn to serve. She bounce the ball a couple times before tossing the ball up for jump serve. Nakashima receives the ball up. What a heavy serve.

"Sorry, a bit short!" Takamina underhanded the ball to Harune.

"Three blockers!" Harune hits a feint. Got you.

Or so they thought. [F/n] dives in to dig the feint from the other side and roll out of the way to not block anyone.

"Cover!"

"Kaori!"

"I got it!" Imai sets it. It looks like it was going to Takao but it goes to Juumonji for a back attack. Point goes to the seniors again.

"Nice kill!"

Score
Seniors - Juniors
13 - 9

"Two blockers!" Takamina sets Chiba. Chiba tools the block to hit a wipe. [F/n] attempted to reach it but was a couple centimeters off. Point goes to Team Juniors.

Score
Seniors - Juniors
19 - 11

By the end of the game Team Seniors won with 25 and Team Juniors had 14. They played two more sets with the seniors winning both of them. Miura was going around giving everyone towels and water.

"Gather around!" Coach Orhime ordered, "I'm very impressed all you guys play today. From this day forth I hope you all continue to bring same tenacity to future games and practice. Once again welcome to the team. That is all!"

"Thank you for the practice!" Captain Takao informed everyone to cool down and help clean up the gym. Everyone began there cool downs in pairs. Before everyone splits Miura asked the first-years to for their sizes for their uniforms.

"Mori-chan, do you want help cooling down? Also, here's your ball," Miura asked.

"Yes. Thank you, Miura-senpai," [F/n] place her ball in front of her as she does her cool downs.

"Mori-chan, your really amazing." Miura said.

"Huh?"

"The way you receive the ball and how your read it makes it look like you are flying across the court."

"Even so there are still so many spikers out there I have yet to receive from. I'm out of my league when it comes to experience. I still have a long way to go," She said stretching.

Even though she has those skills, she's very humble and only strives to improve. She's like a samurai. Miura thought.

After the cool downs, everyone helps out in the gym. Putting the balls always, putting down the net and sweeping the floor. Then went to go change out of their sweaty clothes. [F/n] chose not change and gathered her belongings to leave.

"Mori-rin!" [F/n] turns to see Takamina Seiya call for her or so she thinks. Mori-rin?

"Who's Mori-rin?" [F/n] asked almost robotically.

"Mori plus rin equals Mori-rin. Also, you can call me, Sei," Takamina answered.

"Ok, Sei-san. Is there something you need?"

"Do you have a LYNE account or a phone number? I want to get in contact with everyone."

"Sorry, I don't own a phone."

"Oh... I'm so sorry. I forgot your circumstances."

"It's okay. I'll be off now. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow!"

[F/n] great everyone goodbye and left the club room to home. After a long walk back home, she washes up at the river, homework and goes to sleep

~ ♪ ~

The next day was the same routine as the day before. At lunch, she's in the library again. On the floor, reading and eating. This time lunch was two melon breads and milk. While reading she was called again by the same seniors from day one.

"Mori-san, good afternoon!" Komori waved at her with Sakusa in tow. [F/n] greeted back stoically with a nod, "Hello, Komori-senpai, Sakusa-senpai."

"Sorry, but could you help us with short story? We read it and have some ideas, but we're still lost." Komori sheepishly asked with a hand rubbing the back of his hand. Sakusa had an unreadable expression behind the mask, but his slightly glittered with a plead of help.

"Sure, I can help." The three moved to a table in the back of the library. Before sitting down Sakusa disinfected the table and his seat. Both males were surprised she wasn't asking why as she quietly sat across Komori with Sakusa next to him.

"To think we are already stumped on a project and it only three days in of school," Komori complained and [F/n] just nodded saying it's going to be ok.

"So what themes have you gotten?"

"Persistence, family and going against power. Those are what we have so far." Komori replied.

"Those are not bad, but you missed the mark on the actual theme," She pointed out.

"Huh really?"

"The real theme is trust. The trust that the main character will fulfill his task before his friend is executed. This story is sort of in parallel with Dazai Osamu's life. Dazai wanted the Akutagawa award so badly but was morally betrayed. One of the judges was his mentor, this wasn't done purposely. There just other writers that wrote better than him at the time. Run, Melos! is a story of what he wish he had which is trust." By the end of [F/n]'s explanation, Komori is in awe of the theme.

"Thank you so much, Mori-san!" Sakusa also said thank you but quietly.

"No problem, I'll stay here while you work if you need any help."

The two boys worked in their project while [F/n] continued reading. Throughout working Sakusa kept stealing glances at her. He had so many questions about her that he wanted to ask but Komori kept saying no. This continued till Sakusa asked, "Do know me? Why aren't you squealing or gawking? Are you lying about you persona-"

"Sakusa stop! Sorry, Mori-san. This guy is kinda the most pessimistic person you'll find in the world. Please forgive, him."

"It's okay, Komori-senpai. Umm... to answers your questions. I don't really know you. May I ask why you're asking?"

"Sakusa plays wing spiker and is the ace of the boys' volleyball team." Komori answered

"What do position do you play, Komori-senpai?"

"I play libero. I'm defense specialist."

[F/n] hummed in response, "Lunch is almost over, so I would try to get some progress done on your project if I were you."

"Oh right! Do you know you explain this section..."

Komori and [F/n] would talk with each other while Sakusa chimed in from time to time. This continued till lunch time ended and they would return to their respective classes.

~ ♪ ~

In the other part of the school, all the first-years gathered a one of the terrace area of the school eating their bentos. They sat at a picnic table under the cherry blossom tree.

"Neh, what do you guys think of Mori-san?" Nakashima asked.

"As a volleyball player she is very skilled as a person kind of quiet and awkward." Chiba answered with Harune nodding in agreement while eating.

"I think so, too. To be honest, I thought she's kind of cute."

"Right! I thought I was the only." Takamina exclaimed joining in, "It made it even cuter that she's the smallest out of all of us. That reminds me what class is she in?"

"Do you have a crush on her?"

"No, but I just find her cute as like a younger sister way."

"I know she's not in any of our classes. Maybe the advance classes like 1-4 or 1-5. She was first on the entrance exams." Nakashima responded.

"Oh by the way, did you see Sakusa-senpai!"

"I did! He so handsome!" Takamina squealed with a dreamy look.

"Oi if Captain heard you, she might ask you to leave the club," Chiba teased the girl.

"It's fine, it's fine. Honestly, I'm not interested in him. Can't a girl dream about handsome guys every now and then?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3K 52
(F/N) (L/N), a smart but dumb girl, added Sakusa Kiyoomi, a volleyball playing germaphob, on Snapchat accidently due to a miss click. But for some re...
214K 8.4K 31
## in which miya atsumu plots to get his two best friends together. π—¦π—”π—žπ—¨π—¦π—” 𝗫 𝗙!π—₯π—˜π—”π——π—˜π—₯ + slight akaashi / suna x reader she/her prns low...
33.7K 1.1K 32
When you're sky high, there's only one path left to go. 烏 When the new girl asked to be a second manager for Karasuno's male volleyball team, no one...
31.3K 665 15
- she looks just like an angel sakusa x f!reader she/her pronouns used