Betrothed for Rejection

De AroobaAmber1

He hates me...He hates me to such an extent that even though i am lawfully his he wouldnt accept me or look a... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Betrayal
Chapter 2: The Proposal
chapter 3: The Happy Bride
Chapter 4: The New Home
Chapter 5: The Shock
Chapter 6: The Funeral
Chapter 7: The First Rejection
Chapter 8 pt.1 CrossOvers
Chapter 8 pt.2: The Fight
Chapter 9: The Heart to Heart
Chapter 10: The Retribution
Chapter 11: The Turn Of Events
Chapter 12: The Shopping Chaos
Chapter 13: In Memory of the Departed
Chapter 14: The Grey Shirt
Chapter 15: Rose in the Garden
Chapter 16: Putting my foot down
Chapter 17: The Argument
Chapter 18: Welcome to Scotland
Chapter 19: The Storm
Chapter 20: Oreos & Crisps
Chapter 21: The Kiss
Chapter 22: The AfterMath
Chapter 23: Foreign Enemy
Chapter 24: Foreign Enemy Pt.2
Chapter 25: The Fresh Start
Chapter 26: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 27: Broken Trust
Chapter 28: The Twin Sister
Chapter 29: The Wall of Mistrust
Chapter 30: Blending In With The In-Laws
Chapter 31: Happy Birthday
Chapter 32: The Escape
Chapter 33: Blooming Love
Chapter 34: The BeachHouse
Chapter 35: The Aftermath
Chapter 36: Healing Scars
Chapter 37: Hot Blubbering Mess!
Chapter 38: Wedding Shenanigans
Chapter 39: Confessions And Denial
Chapter 40: The Bride The Groom & The Broken Hearts
Chapter 41:The Dawn Of Another Conspirator
Chapter 42: The Red Letter
Chapter 43: Abducted
Chapter 44: Who's It Gonna Be?
Chapter 45: Ends Meet
Chapter 46: Deja Vu!
Author's Note

Chapter 47: I Forgive You!

18.1K 343 46
De AroobaAmber1

Silence falls in the room I am in, as Evelyn's call decline I hear Andrea speak. Her voice is filled with trepidation and I know what she is thinking. The old Ailey would've rushed to see anyone who needed her assistance without thinking twice; but not this Ailey! This new Ailey didn't fall for half-hearted emotional pleas. This new Ailey was Ailey Vittorio!

I turned towards her and shook my head, "No Andrea, I won't".

She smiles at me and gives me a hug which is impossible because my child refuses to let anyone near me with the huge baby bump I have.

We walk back to where the men were sitting and the view in itself is amusing. Both Adrian and Holder are playing tag with the kids, it makes my heart swell with pride, love and adoration.

Adrian catches Missy and tickles her to which she cackles and this makes me smile, this entire scene is surreal and I feel at home. At the same time, my heart hurts for Adrian, this beautiful man was going through so much and yet he managed to make me smile. It was in this moment I felt not only blessed but amazed at how lucky I am to be with him. I loved Adrian more than anything and there wasn't anything that could change that. This dawning realisation also brought with it a resolve. The resolve to tie all ends and move forward.

This meant that the longer I held on to the past, the longer it was going to haunt me. It means I needed to do what was right. It was time I pay a visit to the monsters that had tried to ruin my life. It was also the time to let them know that its over once and for all.

~ Few Hours Later~

Adrian's POV

I clear the desk as I close my laptop. Today had been one of those days. Although Missy's innocent eyes and cackling laughter had made up for the stress, I still felt a whole load of burden from all the other chaotic events. That little kid had become a great joy for me, moreover, it made me feel even more enthusiastic to welcome are child.

Ailey was good eight months pregnant and I wasn't letting her out of my sight. From helping her shower, which surely was difficult, provided how hot it turned me to making sure she is well fed and the child is okay.

I close my eyes to relieve myself of the headache that I am having. Its when the door to my study opens that I open my eyes and the view in front of me takes my breath away.

~Ailey~
I walk into Adrian's study wearing his grey shirt because apparently none of the sexy lingerie I had bought would fit me due to my baby bump. Pregnancy was no joke. This is why I decided to go with Adrian's grey shirt, a silk laced red bra and red silk laced g-string thong.

Although, I did feel a little unsure if this would work buy I wanted to make sure that I looked good enough for Adrian. I had also applied a smokey eyed make up with a nude pink lipstick just the way Adrian liked it.

Walking closer to him. I leaned forward as Adrian kept his eyes on my every move.

"What do you think you are doing Mia Bella?"

"Nothing, dear husband, I just wanted to check up on you". I smiled with innocent eyes.

"I thought I might give you a massage, provided that your head was hurting earlier". I said as I slowly made my way towards my husband.

Giving him a soft kiss on the forehead, I started to run my fingers in his hair, to which he leaned back and groaned. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead.

Adrian opened his eyes and looked at me. A look so sincere that I felt my knees melting. Encapsulating his fingers around my wrists he pulls me in front and on his lap.

"Someone is in the mood?" Adrian smiles down at me.

I peck him on the lips as I run my fingers deeply in his hair. Our eyes lock and I am absorbed in his ocean blues.

"I love you Adrian". I say as a form of blush paints its way to my cheeks

Adrian's smile falters and turns into a more serious look. He holds my chin between his finger and thumb making me look straight at him.

"I love you the most Mia Bella, more than you can imagine. More than Orpheus loved Eurydice, more than there was love between Hades and Persephone," he stops bringing his lips closer to my neck, kissing the soft spot there.

"I love you Ailey, more than any describable fictional character could have existed, more than the breaths I take everyday". His voice is a silent whisper that reaches my ears like music. I melt as his lips touch me delicately sucking and pecking my neck, moving closer to my shoulder. I blush more and hug Adrian holding onto him.

"Okay Romeo, you win this round, I am officially floored".
"Ahan... but I am not done, Mia Bella, it seems that you are in need of some attention from your husband... and I for one... aim to please".

I giggle a little, to which Adrian smiles again and kisses my lips. Our kiss turns steamy as if we couldn't get enough of each other.

Adrian bites my lip making me open my mouth. He kisses me deeply as his hand tangles in my hair pulling it lightly. He holds me closer with the other one. I grab on to his shirt as he lifts me off his lap and on to his table. I part my legs as Adrian puts one leg in between and his fingers linger from my neck to trace down and undoing the buttons of my shirt.

I giggle a little just thinking of the romantic couples he addressed to in his confession, knowing full well that he knows about them due to my obsession with historic fiction and binge watching shows on our Netflix account. No sooner than later my giggles stop as Adrian bites right above my cleavage, making me jump a little.

"Not so giggly now are we?"

I swat at his shoulder, to which he holds onto my hand and kisses it. Nibbling at my fingers, Adrian moves down undoing my shirt and letting it pool down on his desk. I pull Adrian close and bite my lips as he lingers down and cups my breasts. I moan out loud as he takes them in his mouth while squeezing the other one.

I grab on to his hair as Adrian moves his lips further down, pushing me back till I lie flat on his desk while my feet dangle below. Kneeling down Adrian kisses just above my thigh making my insides shiver.

He moves closer nibbling and biting making me whimper as a state of complete euphoria overwhelms me. I grab onto Adrian's hair holding him close. He stops and looks up at me

"You are so beautiful Ailey... so effjng beautiful".

I smile a little as I wrap my arms and legs around Adrian pulling him close. With entangled legs and arms, Adrian bites my earlobe as I squeeze him above his pants. This makes him hiss and bite my earlobe harshly.

Pulling me closer, he kisses my lips with the same urgency as I have, managing to pull each other free from the clothes we have on. Taking my breast in his hand he gives it a tug, making me arch my back. I wrap my legs tightly around Adrian as he pushes into me. In a mix of sweat and kisses Adrian and I make love on his desk.

~A few days later~

I walk into my cafe just a few days to go in my due date and I couldn't be more excited. We had designed the baby's room ourselves with a purple and pale blue color and despite my insistence, Adrian had made sure that we wait till we meet our child and not know the gender yet; as long as my baby is healthy I didn't care even if it were an elephant.

This thought made me smile and laugh a little. I decided to bake some fresh chocolate chip muffins which I would offer to my customers sometimes as a complimentary dessert; seeing that the occasion definitely called for it this seemed like a good one. Humming to myself I decided to gather the ingredients, I had reached the cafe earlier so my team and staff was still not here. That's when the door opens and I hear the bell on the door chime.

"Oh I am sorry we are not open...yet". I stop still mid sentence as I see who had walked in.

~Adrian~

"So as you can see the recent trends have shown, our D category is increasing successfully in the Scotland market. At this time next year..."  Mark, the marketing head explains during the meeting while my mind wanders back to Ailey.
I bring my cell out to call her as I indicate my assistant to wrap up the meeting. Just as I am about to call Ailey, Derek's name flashes on my screen and I get a pang of fear hit my gut. 

"I spotted a blue Sedan outside Ailey's cafe. The door says its still closed, but I just saw a woman walk in. I am going in".

My heart drops. Just few hours ago, I had declined my father's call despite his pleas about it being an urgent family issue. What if. No.
Grabbing my car keys I rush towards the parking lot, my assistant tries to walk towards me with the meeting minutes but I brush past her as if hell broke lose. My heart feels caged as the thought of losing Ailey or my baby rushes to my mind. Not again! Never again!

~Ailey~

Silence mocks me as I see a fragile looking Evelyn with messy hair, baggy clothes and a long grey trenchcoat. Dark circles cover around her eyes and she looks at me with a plain, placid look. No emotion of anger or sorrow can be easily assessed from her expression and I try to stay strong.

Wrapping an arm around my belly securely, I manage to stall her and get some time on my hand, provided that I am still not sure why she is here.

"Please... I just... I want to know about him... Axcel... he was my brother... I didn't know... please Ailey tell me about him". Evelyn's voice trembles as she stumbles a little forward, tears form in her eyes as she joins her hands together in a form of plea.

I stop her. This is all too much to take in. Seeing her standing here after almost a year and in this situation is in itself a shocker. I manage to find my voice.

"Why- why do you want to know about Axcel? Evelyn?"

Her face contorts in pain, as she manages to speak, disgust fills in her voice:

"My family is going to cut me off Ailey. My mother doesn't care about how much I am her daughter, status and wealth is all she knows, my step father doesn't want to go through the expenses anymore... I learnt about Axcel, too late.... please he is the only family I had you must tell me... I promise I shall leave and never return after this".

"Evelyn... stop... Is this supposed to make me pitiful for you?" Anger courses through my veins, however I manage to make time for myself as I reach for the counter where my cell phone is.

Tears roll down Evelyn's cheeks as she desperately tries to remove them. Taking this as an opportunity I quietly speed dial Adrian and make sure the speaker is muted.
I look at her as she looks a little disoriented then asks me again for her brother. I feel in utter turmoil, as I remember Axcel's dying wish to keep his sister safe.

Taking in a breath, I ask Evelyn to calm down and take a seat.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything... I have to get everything off my head as well... all the wrong Ailey...tell me everything about him".

"He loved you Evelyn. He cared for you more than you think. He was the perfect elder brother anyone could have imagined, but you weren't worthy of him. Not one bit". I say with a note of finality, but little did I know what Evelyn was about to say next would break me more.

Just as the words left her mouth, my hand flew and slapped her tight how could she? Killing me or hurting me was sure insane but killing her own. That's a new level of diabolical.

Evelyn's face snapped to the right just as Adrian barged in all distressed and in anger. He rushed towards me holding me securely as I angrily looked at Evelyn.

"Did she hurt you? Ailey?! Tell me did she lay a finger on you, I swear I'll-"

"She-she killed Axcel! That day, Adrian she was the one who shot Axcel! And he-he died with one last wish, to keep her safe, you! Evelyn you are a monster!"

Tears rolled down my cheek as Evelyn cried in front of me helplessly but the only thing I felt for this person in front of me was anger and so much hatred; that looking at her disgusted me.

Adrian wrapped his arms around me, in a possessive and secure way, I held on to him but turned towards Evelyn one more time.

"I know Axcel tried to hurt me in the past, but he did it to protect you! Little did he know that his own sister was going to kill him one day, if he had, perhaps, he wouldn't have been so guilty after the things he did. All he wanted was your happiness Evelyn and you crushed that too. You know why? Because you live in a world of your own morals, your own happiness, you don't care about the emotions other people are facing and that's also okay, but you are selfish enough to make sure others worship the ground you walk on - and even though in all sanity I can never find an ounce to even look at you! You disgust me! I will forgive you for the sake of Axcel's soul and because I am more of a human than you will ever be". I say despite how much I feel tears clouding my vision.

Derick grabs Evelyn as she falls to the floor crying with despair over the loss, as Adrian and I walk outside. I try to walk but feel my legs getting wobbly, a sharp pain shoots up my stomach and back and I feel like I would faint. I look down and see blood trickling down my legs. Fear encapsulates me, my baby?! No this can not be happening.

"Adrian-" I whimper

Adrian looks at me with concern and his eyes show a fear I had never seen there before. But before he can say anything, black spots start block my vision and then nothingness consumes me.

~Adrian~

Rushing sounds of  interns and beeping machines make me feel nervous as I hold Ailey close in my arms. Doctors yell orders as they put Ailey on the bed.

As the doors close I feel my heart getting heavy, I just want to make sure that my wife and children are okay. Derek walks up to me with details on Evelyn.

"She is in the car Adrian. She wants you to forgive her. For everything".

I look at him in shock. No. Not even if she were six feet under. I will not allow her to be near my family ever again.

"She doesn't have anything. Her family ripped her off. No bank accounts. She is basically on the streets". Derek adds when I stay immobile.

"Give her my bungalow then. Get my lawyer I'll sign off the ownership! But with a restraining order and a contract that she never tries to contact me, Ailey or even think about coming near my family again. If she does, you'll be signing your death wish Derek I mean it!" I say with a tone so harsh that even Derek shivers, then nods and moves to leave.

The doctor rushes towards me informing me that Ailey is conscious and in labor. I manage to swallow the lump in my throat as I hurriedly walk with her towards my wife.

Ailey looks at me as sweat covers her forehead,

"Adrian..."

"Baby shhh... I am here".

The doctor guides Ailey and she pushes with her might. I gulp as the scene in front of me is both beautiful and a little traumatising. I kiss Ailey's temple encouraging her.
The doctor guides Ailey again and finally she manages to do so after which she exhaustingly falls on the pillow. The sound of a baby crying hits my ears and Ailey. She looks exhausted as she opens her eyes tiresomely and we both look as Doctor Gwen hands us our baby.

"You did great Ailey... Congratulations Mr. Vittorio, say hello to your baby girl".

Ailey holds our precious bundle of joy in her hands as tears gleam her eyes. She looks up at as me as I kiss her forehead. I feel wetness flowing down my cheeks and notice I too have tears. The is a life I never imagined. What I thought what might be a burden when I married this woman, this beautiful woman with a heart of gold was so wrong! She isn't a burden, she is my heaven, she is earth and the love I have for her is never-ending and irreplaceable.

Ailey smiles up at me and I smile back.

"Shall we put the name Baby Vittorio for now or do you have a name in mind Mr. Mrs. Vittorio ?" Dr. Gwen asks,

Before I can think of what to say, Ailey engulfs my hand, giving it a tug as I sit beside her on the bed,

"Elaine. Elaine Paige Vittorio." Ailey says looking up at me for approval and if I could express the love I felt for this woman. This beautiful woman, I think my heart would explode.

I knew her mother's name was Paige, and I had wanted to name our child Paige if she were a girl, but to think that she would be considerate enough to think and remember how much I missed my twin sister and honour our child with her name was more than anything.

I knew now what my father meant when he said 'don't desert the only family you have', becoming a father was a beautiful gift and I will make sure to cherish it for the rest of my life. What I had with Ailey was everything. What I had with my new born daughter was beautiful and I wouldn't let them go for anyone or anything. I knew now what happiness was and it was something that had been always missing until she came along.

I looked down at my wife, and our beautiful daughter in her arms. I kissed my daughter's forehead and whispered in my wife's year,

"I love you Mia Bella, Now. Forever. And Always".

The End.

Phew! Yessss I know its been a looooooong time. But here it is. The long awaited ending you all wanted. I hope its up to the mark. Love you all and Thanks a lot for your immense support. Will be back with the prologue and maybe some snippets here and then soon!
Love you all! Byeee

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

479K 15.1K 31
HE STOLE ME FROM HELL.
736 40 8
"The man you were, the one I married, would have kicked your ass all over this god-damn room for talking to me like that. But then maybe you were ne...
2.2K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
240K 2K 6
Eunice I've always had this idea of what a marriage should be like, how it should feel. Bliss, happiness, love, lust. And I've experienced it all...u...