Safe & Sound {D.Djarin}

By poedjarin

Since the rebellion Kit has lived by one rule and only one rule, no attachments. After losing her mother, fat... More

Safe & Sound
Playlist
Aesthetic
Prologue
Part I
✭I✭
✭II✭
✭III✭
✭IV✭
✭V✭
✭VI✭
✭VII✭
✭VIII✭
✭IX✭
✭X✭
✭XI✭
✭XII✭
✭XIII✭
✭XIV✭
✭XV✭
✭XVI✭
✭XVII✭
✭XVIII✭
✭XIX✭
✭XX✭
✭XXI✭
✭XXII✭
✭XXIII✭
✭XXIV✭
✭XXV✭
✭XXVI✭
✭XXVII✭
✭XXVIII✭
✭XXIX✭
✭XXX✭
✭XXXI✭
Part II
✮I✮
✮II✮
✮III✮
✮IV✮
✮V✮
✮VI✮
✮VII✮
✮VIII✮
✮IX✮
✮X✮
✮XI✮
✮XII✮
Part III
✮I✮
✮II✮
✮III✮
✮IV✮
✮V✮
✮VI✮
✮VII✮
✮VIII✮
✮IX✮
✮X✮
✮XI✮
✮XII✮
✮XIII✮
✮XIV✮
✮XV✮
✮XVI✮
✮XVII✮
✮XVIII✮
✮XIX✮
✮XX✮
✮XXI✮
✮XXIII✮
✮XXIV✮
✮XXV✮
✮XXVI✮
✮XXVII✮
✮XXVIII✮
✮XXIX✮
✮XXX✮
✮XXXI✮
✮XXXII✮
✮XXXIII✮
MEMES
UPDATE!

✮XXII✮

3.4K 128 42
By poedjarin

✦✦✦✦ Brown Eyes ✦✦✦✦

Din sighs in relief when they finally stop the Juggernaut, he had managed to fight off the pirates and he and Mayfeld successfully got the load of rhydonium back safely.

He watches as Mayfeld basks in the glory he receives, "Okay," Mayfeld mutters as he walks over, close enough for only Din to hear, "All we gotta do is find a terminal."

Mayfeld leads Din through the crowd that parts for them to get through "Its probably in the officers' mess."

Mayfeld walks up and stops to see the terminal in the corner of the room, "There it is."

"Good luck." Din says stiffly just wanting him to get it over with.

His brows raise when he sees Mayfeld returning moments later, "I can't go in there."

"Why not?"

"That's Valin Hess."

Din looks over Mayfeld's shoulder to the man who watches them before returning to his conversation, "Who?"

"Valin Hess," Mayfeld repeats as if he'd suddenly know by the multiple times his name has been said, "I used to serve under him."

"Will he recognize you?"

"I don't know," Mayfeld sighs glancing over his shoulder again, "I was just a field operative, but I'm not takin' the chance. It's over."

Placing a hand on his chest Din pushes him back, "Let's just do this quick, and we can get out of here."

Mayfeld shakes his head, "I can't do it, okay? We have to abort. I'm sorry."

Mayfeld once again tries to walk away but Din pushes him back a little more firmly, "I can't. I've already lost Kit once, I'm not willing to lose her again, if I don't get those coordinates, I'll lose them both, forever. Give me the data stick."

He shakes his head, "It's not gonna work. In order to access the network the terminal has to scan your face. Now, let's go."

Din shakes his head and holds his hand out, "Give it to me."

He takes the data stick and then walks into the mess hall, he stops for a moment and looks around before quickly making his way over to the terminal.

It scans his face before flashing red telling him that it didn't work. He curses quietly and stares at the data stick in his hand and then the machine in front of him.

"But there has to be an exception," Kit argued. She sat behind him on the passenger's seat, legs thrown over the arm rest and head hanging off the side, a position that would surely leave her complaining about her back later, "What if it's life or death?"

"Then I die." Din answered, just wanting the girl to shut up.

It had been a few days since they left Nevarro, and if it's one thing the girl could do, its annoy him.

"That's stupid. You know, I knew a Mandalorian once," Kit said making him look over at her, "But that's a story for another time, all you need to know is that she taught me a lot."

"Like?"

Kit thought for a moment, "Like how there's always another choice," She said referring to the conversation they were having about his helmet, "Surely you can take it off, what if you get old and wrinkly then you want to settle down with another old and wrinkly person, you just gonna keep that bucket on your head?"

"I'm thinking of getting you one," He said honestly, "A sound proof one."

Rolling her eyes she sat up properly and leaned closer to him, "Then where would you be, Tin-Man?"

She leaned back again crossing her legs over each other, "In space, with a green kid, that you have no idea what it is, with no one to talk to, keep you company or help protect you."

"I don't need your help."

"We all need help along the line, Tin-Man, some more than others."

As the machine begins to count down he places his hands on either side of his helmet and then slowly lifts it.

The machine scans his face once again before giving off an approving beep, "Facial scan complete." He places the data stick into the terminal and a scan of Moff Gideon's ship appears.

As he waits for the data to download he stares at his reflection for a moment, the messy brown hair from the helmet, his brown eyes, all of the small scars he can possibly find in the screen. And he wonders, what would Kit say if she saw his face?

"Trooper!"

Valin Hess slowly walks towards Din, and he closes his eyes trying his best to not give in and turn to look at him, "Hey, Trooper!"

The system beeps and Din quickly grabs the data stick in his hand, her turns to face Hess, "Pay attention when a superior addresses you. What's your designation?"

"Transport crew."

"What?"

"My designation is Transport co-pilot."

"No, son. What's your TK number?"

Din remembers Kit telling him about TK numbers, and right now he wishes he paid more attention to the talkative girl he first picked up, because when he actually wants to talk to her these days she only answers with a few words, just like he used to.

Karma.

"My TK number is..." Din trail off trying desperately to remember something that Kit had rambled on about one night in the cockpit.

"This is my Commanding officer," Mayfeld interrupts walking over to stand beside him, "TK-593, sir."

He stood beside Din sneaking a quick peek up at him before facing Valin Hess again, "I'm Imperial Combat Assault Trooper Lieutenant TK-111, sir. I'm afraid you'll have to speak up to him a little bit since his vessel lost pressure in Taanab."

Valin Hess nods and looks back to Din, "What's your name, Officer?" He yells.

Din raises his brows and opens his mouth to answer but Mayfeld interrupts quickly, "We just call him Brown Eyes. Isn't that right, Officer?"

Brown eyes, only one other person had called him that.

"You know a lot about me."

"I know roughly five facts about you." Din said ignoring her eye roll.

"You know more than that."

"I know you're a Jedi, a princess, you were in the rebellion, you escaped the Empire and you fought that... Dark Vader."

Rolling her eyes she pulled her chair closer to the pilot's seat and leaned back, "Darth Vader," She corrected, "That's three more than me, I know your name and that you are the most clueless person in the universe."

Knowing he wasn't going to win and she'd continue on he sighed, "What do you want to know?"

She opened her mouth to ask a question but he quickly interrupted, "One thing, you get one question, so make it good."

She closed her mouth and thought for a moment as she stared through his visor, "What colour are your eyes?"

"What colour are my eyes?" He scoffed trying to hide the fact he had a light blush under his helmet.

Kit's shoulders dropped lightly and she cleared her throat, "Never mind. I-"

"Brown," Din said softly after a few seconds of silence, "My eyes are brown."

Kit felt a smile tug at her lips as she watched him move to the control panel, "Okay... Brown eyes, let's get this kid a Jedi Master."

"Let's go fill out those TPS reports, so we can go recharge the power coils." Mayfeld says grabbing Din by the elbow.

"You're not dismissed." He yells after them.

The pair stop and Din gulps slightly as he and Mayfeld share a look before slowly turning to face the other man, "You the tank troopers that delivered the shipment of rhydonium?"

"Yes, sir." They both answer.

He walks closer to them and they both stand still with their hands behind their backs, "Well you two managed to be the only transport today to deliver their shipment," He places a hand on both of their shoulders, "Come with me, hm? Let's get a drink, Brown Eyes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 6.5K 49
"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a long line of fierce Mandalorian warriors, a...
4.9K 172 10
"Why shouldn't I stay here?" he keeps telling himself, though he knows the answer. Because of her. She's the reason he doesn't want to go, and she's...
398 23 11
Din Djarin must defend the child against dark Force wielders who would gladly take the little one off his hands. He will have to decide whether to tr...
20.8K 623 39
'my mother always called me her star girl' [din djarin x oc] slow burn strangers to enemies to lovers © All Rights Reserved