Forgiven // l.h. // Book 2 in...

By HanRenJoy

"We're like the stupidest people ever." "Yeah, we kinda are." More

1. Back In Town
2. Camp
3. Old Buddies
4. Contacts
5. Sass is Back
6. Set List
((For The Record))
7. Maybe You Were Wrong, Too
((Andi's Rainbow)
9. Get Out
10. Drop Everything And Save The Day
11. Explanations
12. On The Road To Recovery
13. The Interview
14. The Stupidest People
15. Lunch...Finally
16. Dinner, Of Course
17. One Very Important Conversation
18. Lost Time
19. Fame By Association?
20. Here We Go Again
21. Hands
22. Growing Up
23. Phone Calls and More
24. Surprise!
25. Sorta?!
26. Dress Shopping!
27. Great Minds Think Alike
28. And On The Third Day.....
29. So Much In One Day
(( Help End This ))
30. Aftermath
31. Come Rain or Come Shine
32. Worry
Epilogue
((Youtube?))

8. So There's This Party

56.2K 2.2K 1K
By HanRenJoy

I had quite literally just walked through the door of my apartment when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I let out a sigh and closed the door behind me before letting October leap out of my arms. She immediately found her place on the windowsill, and I smiled, pulling out my phone. My smile dropped when I saw who the text was from.

From: Cal-Pal

So there's this party tonight.....

I groaned and let the phone drop to my bed. It was already eight at night, and I was dead tired. We'd had a bunch of rescue dogs come in today, and of course all of them needed some type of procedure or another. And not all of them had been very friendly. Add that to the fact that I was trying to come up with a good idea for the next few camps, and one could say my day was a tad stressful.

I didn't want to go party. Especially with Calum. Because partying with Calum meant partying with Luke. Besides, only three days ago, he seemed almost angry at me. Why the sudden change of heart? My phone buzzed again.

From: Ash Tree

Don't ignore us. We'll find out where you live and drag you to this party.

I seriously needed to change their names in my phone. Ash Tree? I hadn't changed that since he put the contact in himself. Once again, my phone buzzed. I huffed and flopped onto my bed before opening up the new message.

From: Ash Tree

Katie's coming. Just sayin'

"What?" I spoke out loud this time, and October seemed to think that was an invitation to hobble on over and get up in my face. How the hell did they contact Katie? And why would she even go? That was a dumb question; she would go because they were her favorite band. She hadn't spent a year with them in secondary school.

She hadn't dated Luke.

And it was that thought right there that made me want to go. His words from a few days ago rang through my head over and over as I pushed myself off the bed and trudged over to the bathroom. You left, and that was supposed to be that.

Fuck you, Luke. I smiled at the thought. Katie was right, the spat between us was at once my fault and Luke's fault. But it had happened, and technically was still happening. Why not show him what he was missing out on? I dashed back into the bedroom, passing a startled October, and grabbed my phone.

To: Ash Tree, Cal-Pal

Ugh fine. But only because you begged.

--------

By the time I got to the club, it was nearing eleven at night. But it had been worth it. I smirked, thinking about what Luke's reaction to my outfit would be.

It wasn't that bad of an outfit. I'd paired the one pencil skirt I owned with a sheer two-tone gray top (and cami because nobody needs to see my bra). I had to borrow the black boots from Georgia. She had taken one look at my outfit and told me that whoever I was mad at was sure to be jealous tonight.

Good.

"Took you long enough, Daeyna! And damn, look at those legs!" Katie greeted me, leaning forward to give me a hug. I laughed, pointing to the drink in her hand.

"Number two, I take it?" I asked. She laughed, shaking her head.

"Four, actually. It takes a lot to get me drunk. Though your boys are sure trying." She gestured to an area behind her. I glanced up, finding that I couldn't quite see the tables in the back due to the amount of people on the dance floor. "Come on, let's go say hi!" She added, grabbing my wrist and tugging me through the crowd.

"Daeyna!" Michael was the first to notice me. I'd never actually seen him drunk before, but it was quite obvious that the now pink-haired boy was beyond smashed. I couldnt help but grin as he attempted to stand from the chair where he was currently sitting, only to find that his balance was a little off-kilter.

"You doing alright there, Michael?" I chuckled, stepping forward to lend him a steadying hand. He nodded very enthusiastically.

" 'M doing just wonderful." He slurred his words slightly, and I shook my head, guiding him to the table where Ashton was sitting next to Luke.

"Yeah? Well how about you do wonderful at the table. Maybe you can even drink some wonderful glasses of water, hm?" I suggested, slyly slipping the drink from his hand. He didn't really give me a response, but I set him down in the booth across from his bandmates before grabbing the large pitcher on the table. There was an empty cup on the table, and I poured a small amout of the clear liquid from the pitcher into it. A quick test told me that it was in fact water, so I filled the glass up and handed it to Michael. "Drink this, you'll thank me later." I suggested.

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to show up." I let myself smile at Calum's words as he came up behind me and slung an arm around my shoulder.

"What, and miss out on playing mom to your drunk asses? Never." I snarked back.

"We don't need you to care for us." I looked over at Luke sharply as soon as the words left his mouth. He was leaning pretty heavily on the table in front of him, his hand wrapped around an almost-empty beer bottle. He looked about ready to pass out, though I didn't see much evidence that this was anything other than his first drink.

"Look. I'm going to get this out in the open before we go any farther. You don't like me? Fine. But get over it. We're not in high school anymore. There's no need to be in a pissy mood all the time." I snapped before turning to Ashton. "Now, I was coerced into coming to this party. I want to see some actual partying going on."

It wasn't until my third (fourth?) drink that I realized just how drunk I actually was. Well, that's actually a lie. I knew how drunk I was. It wasn't until my third (though it could very well have been my sixth?) Drink that I actually began to care. I attempted to push my way through the crowd back towards the table, vaguely remembering that, earlier in the night, there had been a pitcher of water there. I really needed that water.

When I finally made it, I plopped down into the seat with a giggle, my eyes scanning the table for the pitcher I wanted.

"Hello there pretty lady." It took me a second to realize that the sentence was directed at me, but when I did, I looked over to find a man of maybe thirty sitting in the seat next to me.

"Do you know where the water is?" I was actually surprised at the clarity of my words, though I could probably have lowered the volume a tad. He smiled and grabbed a glass from the table, turning away from me for a brief second to pour the water into it.

"Here you go. Trying to beat the hangover early, huh?" He asked, though I don't recall ever replying. We were sitting there for ten minutes before I began to feel a little off.

"I gotta find m'friends." I slurred, pushing myself up from the chair. The world seemed to lurch to the side violently, but the man was there to stop me from falling over.

"Whoa there, kid. Not too fast. Let's get you to your friends." He said. I nodded sluggishly.

I didn't even realize we were outside until a shout caught my attention.

"Where the hell are you going?" I looked back, and though my vision was blurry at best, I knew the tall for was Luke's.

"You know him?" The man at my side asked. I shook my head.

"He's not m'friend." I answered. Luke's blurry form became clearer as he neared me.

"Let her go, mate." Luke warned. "God she looks awful. What the fuck did you give her?" I perked up at that.

"Water!" I said a bit too enthusiastically.

"You- you took water from a stranger?" Luke stepped forward and wrenched the man's arm from around my waist. "I said let her go. We're leaving, Daeyna." He growled. I think the man tried to hit Luke, because one second he was at my side and the next, he was standing over the older guy who was now on the ground cradling his face.

I suddenly felt really ill. Everything was too warm, my head hurt, and I was nauseous. I let out a low groan, and Luke was back at my side in seconds. He wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled me into his side to steady me.

"You need to get home. Where do you live?" I barely heard his words.

"One sev'n thrfour Patrsn, it's in Winsills." My speech was beyond slurred. Luke let out an oath and pulled out his phone. I winced at the light. "S'too bright." I complained. He lifted the device to his ear and mumbled something before turning his attention back to me.

"Come on, you're safe with me." He said gently and slowly, as if knowing that I wouldn't understand him if he spoke too fast. I was confused.

"But y'hate me." I protested. He seemed to understand my words that time.

"I've never hated you, Dae." Seconds after the words left his mouth, the world seemed to lurch to one side again, and I passed out.

////////

Hi there, random insert here (4/7/15)

I just wanted to address comments being made about how Daeyna is stupid for taking the drink. Don't call her stupid. Don't blame her for the actions of some sleazy, slimeball of a guy. Yeah, it wasn't the smartest decision on her part, but you also have to remember that she was incapacitated already, and that effected her decisions. I know it's not really detailed out in the chapter itself, but the drink was only out of her sight for mere seconds. It doesn't take much time to spike something, and that's what I wanted to show you. But please don't blame this on her, because it's not her fault. She didn't ask to be drugged.

Wow! I've got so much to talk about here. Let's start with the chapter. Did you like it? Poor Daeyna! But LUKE THO. He's so protective aw. I can't handle it. Let me know what you thought!

Secondly, I wanted to thank all of you lovely readers for sending me your lovely encouragements for my Aunt Andi. Her surgery on Monday went very well, and she's actually already home! So that's really good. =))

She absolutely loved the video and the letters I printed out. Actually, the entire family loved them. So thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate you all so much and the fact that you even did this for me was so touching. Ugh. I just love you to bits.

On a completely different note, my computer is well on it's way to dying (though I'll get a replacement from my school so it's okay!) and I went through all of my files and things. The reason I'm telling you this is because I found a folder hidden in here that I'd titled "Story Bank". And, I kid you not, this folder had over twenty documents, each with different storylines and such laid out on them. So, though you won't be seeing any of them until I finish a few of the stories I'm currently working on, I'd like to assure you that there will be many more to come!

Thank you for reading, I love you all so much! See you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
681K 15.5K 54
"It's okay Louis. You'll see her soon" Liam hugged me. "I Know if Danielle was in that plane I'd be very upset too" he added. "But you would've gotte...
881K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
66.7K 2.2K 40
We were trying. We really were. It seemed as if our previously amazing progress had come to a complete standstill. We were doomed to be nobodies. The...