𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹; 𝘩𝘺𝘶𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘯

By playboikook

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ❝ what can I say? I like my girls crazy...❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━ In... More

cereal
playlist
0.0 | prolouge
0.2 | friday night
0.3 | solo cup
0.4 | journal
0.5 | god of wine
0.6 | did we...

0.1 | no emotion?

24 2 3
By playboikook

ONE
( a week later )

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

School seemed to be the least exciting thing in Suki's life. She's always been naturally intelligent. Teachers would always tell her parents to send her to pricey schools, but they would decline. Not because they didn't want to, but because she didn't.

Her second year in high school has been going smooth. It's rare that anything interesting happens. With her new plans, she anticipated that to change.

She was headed her next class and of course some loud boys had to interrupt. Suki snapped her head in the direction and locked eyes with the one and only Hwang Hyunjin, fooling around with two other boys: Han Jisung and Lee Minho.

What idiots, she thought to herself and opened the door to her language class.

This was quite the easy A since they're learning Japanese and that's where she and her family are from, they moved to South Korea.

She didn't pay attention, just stared out the window, occasionally tuning in.

The teacher's phone rang and Mrs. Kim's expression dropped within a second. After mumbling a few okays and alrights, she ended the call, stopped the lesson and sat down.

"I am so sorry and heartbroken to inform you guys of this information, I know some of you were very close to her..."

Students looked around, talking and gossiping.

"Quiet down!"

"That was the principal on the phone who just got told by the police that your classmate, Hirai Akira, has been found dead this morning."

All sound goes dead silent.

"We are so sorry for this loss. I'll let you guys take a few minutes to take in what I just said."

Suki looked around, trying to see reactions — not one person crying, not even her best friends. What was the first stage of grief again? Denial.

They're probably thinking, "she can't be dead.", "how is this possible." And so on. Suki almost laughed thinking of that.

Behind her was Hyunjin, Akira's boyfriend, or former boyfriend now. He had a blank face, staring off into the abyss.

He didn't really like her, everyone knew that, he was using her, but she was also using him. They would call it a win-win situation. But even then, you would imagine this would have some kind of effect on him.

A few minutes passed, no one said a word.

Mrs. Kim sighed, "We have to get back to the lesson, I'm afraid."

A long school day finally ended, on her way home, she saw police cars around the school. As far as Suki knew, she was in the clear. People knew about Akira and her brother, but not what caused his suicide. Plus, it was three years ago, so there really wasn't any recent association.

How did they even identify the body?

Note to self, she thought, pull out the teeth next time.

She speed walked out of there and came to a halt when she remembered she had a science project to work on. The teacher paired her up with Hyunjin, so she was already prepared to do all the work.

Suki went back to the study hall and was surprised to see him waiting.

"Finally, I've been waiting forever."

"It's been ten minutes though?"

"I know that."

"Why are you even here? I thought you would blow this off, considering..." She trailed off, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"My girlfriend's dead? Yeah I know, but I broke up with her before it, wasn't her boyfriend when she died, not her boyfriend now."

Suki sat down across from him. This whole time his eyes have been glued to his phone, looking up just once.

"Hello, pay attention to me." She snapped her fingers and tapped the back of his phone.

"Oh yeah? Well, wait in line. You aren't the only girl wanting that."

"Want what? I'm not those girls, we have a project to do." She gritted her teeth and widened her eyes in annoyance.

"Am I making you mad?" He smiled at her, keeping eye contact that made Suki uncomfortable, but she didn't look away, just nodded no, "awe too bad, I feel like you'd be cute when you're mad."

"Are you serious?" She raised her voice to hide her blushing cheeks, "you're girlfriend, or ex-girlfriend just showed up dead, and you're saying that to me?"

"Why you don't like it?"

"There's seriously something messed up in that mind of yours." She looked down and opened her text book.

A few hours later, it was around nine. Suki and Hyunjin both agreed to doing most of the work in one night so they don't have to bother each other any longer than they needed.

"Um, good job today I guess." She mumbled while putting her things away.

"I know you weren't expecting it."

"Expecting what?" She furrowed her brows, checking her watch.

"That this beauty," Hyunjin took a moment to ruffle his hands through his long black hair, "also has these brains."

"I wasn't actually, I'm impressed." She fed into his ego. Hyunjin was actually a fun person to be around, but him and his annoying ass friends ruin it.

He put one hand of his heart and the other on his forehead, "That was the part where you say, 'oh no Hyunjin, I knew you where more than your handsome face,' not whatever that was."

"It was a compliment," she shrugged, "take it however you get it." Suki grabbed her bag and walked out of the study hall, not waiting for him.

Suki and Hyunjin were always in the same classes, from as early as she can remember. She always "liked" hanging out with him — he was entertaining.

The hallways were dimly lit since the school was about to close. She just needed to quickly grab a journal that she forgot in the science classroom and would be on her way home.

The atmosphere of an empty school, with little light, at night, didn't give good vibes. Suki started to feel anxious — always looking around her surroundings, making sure no was wanted to murder her.

She opened the door and snatched it off the teacher's desk.

Suki felt someone behind her... that followed.

"So what are we doing here?" Hyunjin whispered in her ear behind her.

Suki let out a little scream, covering her mouth fast.

"Why are you here? There is no we. Just me taking my journal back."

"You know, no one's here, we're alone." Hyunjin said looking into her eyes.

It was just now that she realized how close they really were. Hyunjin's hands were on the sides of the desk, holding him up as her back leaned, trying to create space to breathe.

He had one intent and one only: to get in her pants. Yes, it wasn't the most noble thing, but he felt like it right now and she was the only one that could possibly deliver.

Suki tried to not let this effect her.

"So your trying to fuck me is what I'm hearing, let me remind you that your ex is dead, no emotion?"

He laughed and backed off a bit, understanding that she wasn't interested.

"Nope, mind laying back on the dead ex? I might actually start to cry." He fake whimpered.

She smiled and pushed him off some more. He really was beautiful, just unreal, but he knows that. Suki can't fall for his trap.

"All men do is lie."

She bluffed, sarcastically, and finally left the classroom. Suki pulled out her phone, wanting to call a friend while she walked at night. She scrolled through her contact list and smiled when she saw Hyunjin's contact information.

Except, she didn't give it to him, which confused her. Either way, Suki still felt like an idiot for letting that loser make her smile. She didn't end up calling anyone, but still made it home safe.

She entered slowly, being careful to not wake her mom up. Suki turned the living room light on and saw her drunk mom laying down.

Again? It's the third time this week, she thought.

Suki supported her mom up the stairs. She tried to put her on the bed, but she refused.

"It's..." her mom tried to form a sentence, "it's his birthday today."

Of course, she's still not over it. Suki felt her eyes water as she got her mom ready to sleep comfortably.

"No mom, his birthday was a week ago."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Oop
Do y'all remember what
happened a week ago? I wonder who's
birthday it was 😣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 552 18
Y/n was living a normal life. Due to an accident, she doesn't really remember her childhood. She always thought that she was normal. That all turned...
745K 25.8K 52
choi y/n gets broken up with by her boyfriend of 1 year, hwang hyunjin, not knowing the real reason behind it. she tries her best to forget about wha...
12.9K 470 17
Will there any peace in obsession?
24.9K 968 38
𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨 ➥ 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙, 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙨𝙝 ...