His Many Masks *The Boy fan...

By Darkstars4

The story of Brahms continues...... someone new has found him..... If you haven't already please go check out... More

Author's *quick* Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Five
Not An Update
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Twenty Four

1.7K 62 29
By Darkstars4

                                                  Beauty is only skin deep
                                                                - Anonymous

** Warning, the following chapter contains sexual content **

The plan was simple, the Heelshire's lawyer would arrive to go over the will and the confirmation forms in two days. I, would pretend to be "Greta Evans," sign for the estate and the left over funds in the bank, and then put my name on the property certificate making it official that I was now the owner of the Heelshire property. It seemed simple, but for me, acting like someone I was not was not as simple.

I turned on my side in the bed. Brahms was counting on me to do this. I couldn't let him down, he deserved to be able to live in his house.

I sat up and got out of bed. The less I thought about the lawyer and the will, the better.

Walking down the steps, I headed for the kitchen. It was empty. I wasn't surprised. I grabbed the tea kettle and began to fill it with water from the tap.

I heart footsteps behind me. I relaxed a little knowing he was near. Brahms snaked his arms around he from behind, "tea?" He asked teasingly.

"Well yes," I responded, "it's morning."

"Oh?" Brahms countered, "I strictly remember looking at the clock a few minutes ago and we were well past twelve."

I paused, "so I slept in?"

Brahms nodded, "yeah. I didn't want to wake you."

"I wish you would have," I mumbled, as I turned off the tap and placed the kettle on the stove. Brahms heard me and smirked.

I moved away from him and sat at the island.

Brahms stood across from me, his back against the sink, his eyes playfully watching me as I sat in silence.

My thoughts drifted to last night, our naked bodies pressed up against each other. How was that all we did? The topic of sex was not ever considered when used to think about Brahms, but now, I'm starting to wonder if it should be.

We most certainly did not have a label, I wasn't even too sure if we were anything at all. His flirtatious body language, and my sly teasing remarks worked for flirting but I never thought I'd call him a potential partner.

The more I thought about us, what I was willing to do for him, what we have been through, I knew he wasn't just someone I lived with, he was someone I cared about. If I was going to do something so big for him, I wanted him to treat me like we were partners. I wanted a label

"Brahms?" I asked softly.

"Yes?"

For a few moments, I couldn't get it out. I was terrified of being faced with the ugly truth, "What are we?"

Brahms was silent at first, but then he slowly spoke, "I helped you, and now you're helping me."

That was it? He didn't think we were anything more? He saw me naked last night, we've kissed numerous times, he begged me not to leave him; did that not mean something to him at all?

Brahms spoke again, "I need you and you need me."

My heart fluttered. he needed me.

"I love you and-."

Brahms paused, his eyes searched mine for any emotion, for a reaction. I was shocked, he just told me he loved me. I finished sentence, "you love me."

He breathed, "and you love me."

It was like the world stopped. It stopped and froze everything but us. In that moment, nothing else mattered to me but him. Not the will, not the future, not even the police. Just him. Brahms.

His eyes were locked with mine, exchanging unknown words to me through our intense eye contact. His lips were soft and his eyebrows were rested atop his eyes like blankets. His eyes were heavy lidded as if he could fall asleep at any given moment.

I let my head tilt back a little, the ceiling was pure white, and clean. I lowered my head back down to face Brahms who had been staring at me. I bit my lip apprehensively and began to stand up to check the boiling water.

Before I could move much, Brahms slowly got off of the sink and stalked towards me, his broad shoulders heaving up and down as he stood directly over me. Like an animal stalking it's prey, his eyes were wild and unblinking leaving me completely stuck like a deer in his headlights.

In one second I was hoisted onto the island counter top and smashed into his lips.

I grabbed his hair for support earning a hum from him. The warmth of his body radiated all around me like a sheet of fog. His hands gripped my waist and pulled me flush against his chest. My cheeks burned as he held a chunk of my hair titling my head back ever so slightly.

He broke the kiss for a split second to fully look at me, at his mercy. I whimpered from the loss of contact, he really discouraged me when he'd break away.

Brahms smirked at my frustration and kissed my nose, "later."

My eyes widened, seriously?! He kisses me and then tells me later. The nerve. The fucking nerve.

It's my turn now.

I slide off of the counter, and gently place my hand against his crotch; it was hard, I wasn't surprised, "I'm not sure you can wait that long," I teased. He growled lowly lowering his head to mine and tried to reach for me, but I ducked out of his reach, and sauntered out of the kitchen abandoning my tea.

I immediately half ran half walked up the steps hoping he wouldn't come after me.

I was proud of myself, making moves was not my forte; It made me a smidge less frustrated now that I teased Brahms and gave him a taste of his own medicine.

But now I was stuck upstairs. Smart one Kátalin.

After a few boring minutes of sitting silently and letting thoughts run wild in my head, I got up.

I went to the bathroom and peered at my reflection.
I wasn't pretty enough to be flirting with anyone. I was lucky to be called plain. What did Brahms see in me? I wasn't anything to look at and I'm sure my personality was fairly basic as well.

Then it struck me, I was the only one that came around. I'm sure Brahms would choose anyone else over me if he met other girls. I was just there.

He told you he loved you.

What if he didn't mean it?

Don't assume he doesn't care.

But I'm ugly, I wouldn't care if I were him.

But you aren't him. He told you, you weren't ugly remember?

It doesn't matter.

The internal battle I was having drained my energy. I didn't want to think Brahms was just using me, but considering his situation and the fact that he's never had a partner or been out of his house since he was eight didn't help me feel better in the slightest.

My stomach dropped. I didn't even feel like going downstairs at all anymore. I sat on the tiled bathroom floor and sulked. If I would have considered I was just a distraction, I wouldn't have stayed. Warm tears slid down my cheeks in streams. Here I was attached to someone who was only using me.

I stood up and began to pace around the bedroom.

I was better than that. I had dignity; even if I was homeless, and parentless, murdered my father and ran from the police. I was no one's fool.

I ended up falling asleep sitting against the bedroom door.

I awoke with Brahms' violently shaking my shoulders, "What!"

Brahms sighed and stopped his movements, "I came up to check on you and I couldn't open your door. I thought you were hurt."

My heart swelled, but ultimately sunk; if something were to happen to me, he'd be upset because I was his last chance at finding someone, not because he'd miss me.

How do you know what he's thinking?

I can tell.

No. You can't.

Brahms' hands were on my face, "what's wrong? Are you sick?" He asked, concern laced in his deep voice.

"Why do you like me?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his brow furrowed against his dark eyes.

"Why do you like me?" I asked again.

He sat beside me against the door and sighed, "you weren't afraid of me the first night we met. You helped heal my wounds and remained kind to me. You never pressured me into anything I didn't want to do. You liked me for me. Not the house, nor the money, and not my looks."

I stayed silent. That was sweet, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

"Why do you ask?" He spoke.

"I didn't respond right away, "no reason. Just curious."

"I don't think that's true," he said turning to face me, "I think you're keeping something from me."

How was he so good?

I shook my head, "it's nothing really, I was just trying to figure out if you liked me for my looks or my ability to help you get your property back."

Brahms stilled, "you think I'm using you?"

I glanced at him, his eyes seeking with anger, "I never said that."

"You basically did. Is this what it's about? You think I'm using you to get my house back?"

I shook my head, "that's not what I meant-,"

"Then what did you mean?!" He raised his voice, "I've given you no reason to think I'm that selfish. I've let you stay here, I've taken care of you and you think I'm using you? Maybe it's the other way around. I mean, you can't leave because you're on the run. Maybe I was convenient and you stayed because I was convenient for you."

I sat with my back against the door, my eyes wide.

"Weren't you the one who wanted to keep us "professional" anyway? Make up your mind. Do you love me or not?" Brahms got up and left before I could answer him.

I put my head in my hands. I fucked up. Big time.

Good job, I told you, you were wrong. There was that voice again.

Shut up and get out of my head. I was protecting myself.

Seems like that's all you do these days. Protect yourself, and hurt the ones you "love."

And what would you know about that?

I know more than you think.

I pulled on the strands of my hair to keep the voice at bay. Internal battles never ended with a win on my side. I groaned and stood up, going after him wouldn't solve anything. He was upset and had every right to be. I assumed how he felt without even asking him. I deserved to be ignored.

I climbed into the large bed and closed my eyes. The best I could do now was sleep. The Heelshire's lawyer would be here in two days and I needed to be ready.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*** THANK YOU FOR 6,000 READS!!! ****
I can't believe how far the series has come. I know it isn't a lot, but to me it really is and I'm so so thankful you have been reading and commenting and favoriting my story. I really try my hardest to make my readers enjoy what they're reading and give them something to escape to. It makes me so happy when I see comments about how much you like the story, so thank you! *****

A/N *

And another argument from our favorite couple lmao, I really don't know how I'm pumping these updates out so quickly, usually I suffer from writer's block on the daily and can barely update twice a month.

Now, Kátalin really was kind of immature for starting a fight that didn't need to be started but she does have a point. I think they both do. Relationships are hard and it sometimes takes 70% from someone and 30% from the other. They'll make up soon ;)

As always.... thank you so much for reading,
- Ri

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 1.7K 19
What if Greta decided to spare Brahms Heelshire? What if she stayed? In this alternate ending of the movie "The Boy", come along with Greta as she l...
134K 4.3K 19
This version has some changes in characterisation. Brahms is a little more human, and less psychotic, and Greta is now Laurie (due to copyright mi...
7.6K 381 12
(𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐇𝐌𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐗 𝐅. 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑) ❝What was that?❞︎ (F/N) DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE expected when her sister...
888K 21.9K 31
A Brahms X Reader, from The Boy. DISCLAIMER: I don't own 'The Boy' nor any of its characters. #2 IN 'The Boy' TAG: 5/01/19 #1 IN 'The Boy' TAG: 21/06...