And Then She Was Gone

By CerrahQuack

A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control w... More

The Departure
Goodbye Alex
Heading West
Small Town Vibes
Coffee For Two
So Awkward
So What's The Game Plan?
Forward Down The Path!
Adapt and Overcome
Into The Wolves Den
Old Friends
Your Color Lacks Conviction
Tell Me More...
One Condition
On Our Terms
Happily Ever After
Sharing Spaces
The Guest Of Honor
Did He...?
Check Mate
A Challenge
Alpha Mathias
A Tense Exchange
Let Me Explain
Ground Rules
Candelit Dinner
Night Night
An Exercise
Cleanse Yourself
Hush
Time For A Lesson
The Mess Hall
A Change of Pace
Submit
A Fresh Start
Barbie Girl
Missing Pieces
Ying and Yang
A Compromise
The Beast
A Storms Coming
An Irregularity
Gentle Hands
Can We Go Already?
Home Sweet Home
More Chocolate Please
You're Beautiful
What Happened?
So Now You Need Me?
Baby Steps
Testing The Formula
What's the problem?
You Wont
Wounded Pride
A New Assignment
You Called Her?
A Fresh Start
Building The Foundation
Some Time Apart
Ill Be Waiting
A Long Day
Don't Make Me Change My Mind
Patience
It Takes Two To Tango
Gal Pals
Mathias: The Beginning
Pay Attention To Me
A Hard Lesson
Mine
It's all bullshit, right?
Little Wolf
The Alphas Kryptonite
Pick One
Hope
Disappointed Expectations
Routine Followup
She Took The Stairs
Thoroughly Spent
The Alphas Best Friend
Home
Time To Change
House Warming
A New Routine
A Surprise
Tease
A Blonde, A Brunette and a Red Head Walked Into a Bar...
We Meet Again
Eat Your Words
Mr. Sensitive
You're So Annoying
Girl Time
The Domino Effect
Fractured
The Betas Dilemma
New Developments
Measured Steps
I Got You
Whats Happening?
Alpha Mathias: July 1763- Trouble
Recovery
You Need To Wake Up
The Past Meets The Present
Running Theories
The Rumor Mill
The Mad Queen
Set In Motion
Phone Date
Package Received
Elena: July 1763
An Error Of Dissociation
A Slight Delay On Pay Day
Internal Struggle
A Heavy Burden
A Perfect Night
First Watch
You're Not Forgiven
Destiny
A Firsthand Account
Baby Sitting Detail
The Perfect Storm
It's Over
Recuperation
Battle Ready
Green With Envy
An Alternative Perspective
Growing Pains
Show Me
Boys are from Mars, Girls are from Venus
You Win Some, You Lose Some
Tangled Webs
Divided Interests
The Lazy Luna
Party Crasher
The Lunas Guard
The Missing Piece
Communication
Thank You
It Puts The Lotion On The Skin
The Love Of A Mate

Carried Off To Sea

849 43 5
By CerrahQuack

Heavy lids began to flutter open with the familiar feel of the sedative wearing off. Elizabeth's eyes fell onto the maid who was walking through the room from her closet with an outfit and a pair of shoes held within the contents of her arm, Claire delicately placing the shoes on the seat of one of the plush arm chairs and draping the cloth materials over its back. The older woman taking note that the young woman was finally awake and offering her a soft smile.

"How are you feeling Miss. Elizabeth?" she asked in genuine concern as she approached the bed.

"Terrible." she said, her one worded answer speaking to a multitude of different contexts as she kept her head in the fluffy pillow, having no desire to move.

"Alpha Jason is worried about you." the maid said with a gentle nod of minute understanding the turmoil the woman was currently experiencing. "He asked me to call him when you woke, but I think maybe you should have a few more minutes to yourself, wouldn't you agree?" Claire said offering the woman a bit of reprieve and hopefully gaining a bit of her trust.

"I would appreciate that." Elizabeth mumbled as she rubbed her eyes with strained fingers from her good hand.

"I have this for you..." Claire said reaching into her apron pocket and pulling out the container of pills which Elizabeth eyed suspiciously and the maid feeling the immediate need to further explain. "They're your antibiotics, for your arm. I'll give you the bottle and you can check it yourself."

Elizabeth propped herself up on the bed and reached out for the bottle to take it from Claire's extended arm. Reading that the medication was a legitimate antibiotic and was required to be taken every eight hours for the next seven days.

"You need to take it with food, otherwise your stomach will become upset." Claire said with her back turned to her and picking up a tray she had previously placed on the coffee table, turning around to walk back over to the bed. "Mary heard about your upset and made you some comfort food to help you relax. Double chocolate muffins, fresh out of the oven." she said with a smile. "However, I must add that I brewed the chamomile tea. It should only aid your disposition." She said as she placed the tray over Elizabeth's lap.

"Where is Jason?" Elizabeth said looking at the tray placed in front of her and getting the powerful aroma of the chocolate muffin, her hands struggling to open the pill bottle but finding herself successful. She took out one of the blue and yellow capsules and popped it into her mouth followed by a hearty sip of the tea, feeling the soothing benefits of the warmth as it travelled down her throat.

"He was a little upset from your disagreement and decided to spend some time away." The maid said answering in obscurity.

"Did he go to find my belongings?" Elizabeth said with a glare not directed towards Claire but resulting from her agitation earlier.

"I think the Alpha had the best of intentions, I don't believe he understood your attachment to your clothing." Claire said making it known she was aware of the context of commotion from earlier.

"I think he was perfectly aware of the attachment." Elizabeth retorted as she began to unwrap the muffin wrapper, no longer being able to ignore the rumbling of her stomach inspired by the tantalizing smell.

"It will get better Miss. Elizabeth." Claire said watching her begin to disrobe the muffin intently.

"That's what everyone says." she said with an eyeroll as she took her first bite and closed her eyes at the immense flavor distributing throughout her taste buds. "This is so good." she said with a muffled mouthful, her shaky wounded hand covering her mouth so she could mutter out the response. "What's the secret ingredient? Is it cinnamon?" she said, trying to catch the notes of the subtle flavors Mary had used to make a perfect recipe.

"Don't ask me." Claire said with a content smile and her hands going up in the air of unknowing. "Mary will never share her secrets." she said with a laugh and a headshake, her eyes still watching as Elizabeth bit ravenously in the muffin for her second bite.

"I don't care as long as she keeps making them." Elizabeth managed to muffle out in-between bites. "Is there more?"

"I think it's best to just have one for right now, I hear she is planning a nice dinner tonight and you wouldn't want to spoil your appetite." Claire said with a matronly nod in her direction. "Besides, the Alpha has a surprise for you."

Elizabeth stopped mid motion as she was returning the muffin to her mouth again, her eyes staring at the woman in suspicion, having not been fond of his last surprise and the intentions she perceived behind them.

"You'll like this one." Claire nodded knowingly.

"What is it?" Elizabeth said back taking a smaller bite of the muffin as she waited in an expecting manner for the answer.

"Well, he understands you're upset..." the maid began with a muted hand gesture showing that it was reasonable for her to be. "And that you miss your family, and that this change has been rather abrupt for you... So he's arranged for you to speak with your uncle once you're up and about."

"What? He did that?" Elizabeth said in a bit of shock, her eyes showing she was in disbelief of the woman's words. Taking another bite of the muffin and chewing it slowly, following up the mouthful with another sip of the tea.

"Yes. He cares very deeply, and let's be honest..." Claire said with a laugh. "He's a man, and just doesn't understand the complexity of our feelings." she said with a shrug. "I think you however made a stark impact on him earlier and gave him the gumption to make certain improvements for your benefit."

Claire was very effective in spinning a good narrative for the Alpha. It was why she was chosen to deliver the muffin. She was not overwhelming and played her part in the background very well. A rather unremarkable presence, and therefor not suspicious.

"Well, I'll get ready now." Elizabeth said in earnest beginning to push the tray further down her lap so she could get up, its movement halted by Claire.

"Have patience. Finish your muffin while its still warm and drink the tea while it's still hot. I have to pick out a couple more accessories for your outfit and then I figured I would help you get ready. You'll feel better with a full belly and in a fresh look. We can do your hair and makeup, a fresh makeover always makes one feel better." Claire cooed at the blonde, a delicate hand wave urging her to finish eating the muffin and drink the tea, Elizabeth following her prompt finding them both to be entirely soothing and possibly agreeing about a freshened up appearance.

The maid walked into Elizabeth's closet and pulled out some of the drawers within, looking at the array of jewelry available, selecting an elaborate gold necklace that tapered down in a triangle when resting on the wearers chest, along with gold earrings that dangled sapphires down their length, and a matching tennis bracelet of the same design. She brought all of these items out and began to lay them neatly on the coffee table in front of the selected outfit for Elizabeth.

The woman now entering the bathroom and shuffling around, emerging with a makeup bag which contained all unopened products carefully selected by Markus, as well as a curling iron with both a brush and a comb with a long pointy tip. "This is going to be so much fun. My daughters have all grown and fled the nest, they don't come to me anymore to make them up." Claire said looking up to Elizabeth who had now finished the muffin and was drinking the rest of the tea.

"How many do you have?" Elizabeth asked, finding the maids rare show of conversation a bit comforting.

"Seven daughters, one son." She said with a shake of her head. "My mate didn't want to stop trying until we got that boy." a laugh emitting from her throat as she thought of her gaggle of children.

"Dear God." Elizabeth said as she thought about how overwhelming having that amount of children would have been.

"It was a handful, but they all helped as they got older, and they're all as thick as thieves." the maid said as she plugged the curling iron in and rested it on the coffee table carefully. Elizabeth removing the tray and walking over to her.

"Is this what I'm wearing?" Elizabeth said as she looked over the articles of clothing, realizing only now she was still covered in the towel from earlier.

"I think its charming, if you'd like something else we can take another look." Claire said with a nod to the closet.

"No, I'd rather get dressed quickly." the young woman said as she felt a dulled excitement that was unable to match her eagerness earlier upon hearing she would be able to speak with her Uncle. "This looks fine." spoken in a slightly flattened voice.

"Perfect. Should I leave?" Claire questioned.

"We're both women... I don't mind, if you don't mind." Elizabeth said with a shrug as she picked up the white lacey undergarments, her fingers rubbing at the smooth delicate material with slight fixation.

"Not at all. As I said, I have seven daughters. I've seen it all." the maid said as she gave a careless handwave and a headshake.

Elizabeth disrobed the towel, and stepped into the underwear carefully, her movements slower than normal but showing no discomfort at her relaxed pace. The matching bra was then placed on in the same idle fashion. Claire helped her with the garter belt as she looked like she was unaware of what to do with it, before she slipped on the nude thigh high stockings and clipped them into place. A silk white slip was placed on her hips. A satin white shirt slipped over her head, the collar scaling the sides of her neck with an opening in the center that descended into a point towards her chest, not showing cleavage but still giving a tantalizing view. Her arms were covered in flowing soft sleeves from the shirt that tightened with crisp cuffs buttoned at her wrists covering her bandaged arm from view, the shirt loosely hugging her upper body but showing her supple curves as it hugged at just the right spots. She stepped into a navy blue pencil skirt that reached her knees which hugged her lower body tightly after her shirt was tucked in to the waist of it and it was zippered up in the back with Claire's assistance. Her delicate feet, now healed enough to not wear bandages slipped into elegant navy blue heels, with a white decorative bow decorating the top front of the shoe. Claire fashioned all the jewelry about her which only accentuated the already polished look from the clothing alone.

'You look beautiful." she said with a clap, and an excitement brimming in her eyes. "The Alpha is going to go absolutely crazy over you." she purred out as she began to brush Elizabeth's hair.

"Thank you." Elizabeth said softly with a small smile, not being able to feel the same amount of joy as her, but it being faintly present as if muted.

"You know, if he wasn't your mate I think he still would be drawn to you." Claire continued with idle chatter as she brushed Elizabeth's hair carefully to the side, pulling it to a clean slightly loose pony tail on the right side of her head. "You're just absolutely stunning." she mewed as she began to curl Elizabeth long pony tail length and teasing the curls as she went on to give them a styled windblown effect.

"You know my daughter, Eliza.." the maid continued but Elizabeth began to zone out, not focusing on the the chattering woman as she pressed on styling her hair. Her voice seeming muffled as Elizabeth stared at the intricate fibers of the arm chair across from her, seeing such definition in them and beginning to count the strands that made the soft smooth material of the seat.

"And then you know what she said?" her attention was pulled back to the maid as she was now in front of her, prodding her to close her lids so she could apply some natural looking makeup to their exterior. Claire noticing her silence finally after about ten minutes, "Are you alright dear?"

Elizabeth's eyelids fluttered open only momentarily to look at the woman before closing her lids once more, feeling as if she was drifting on soothing waves as the daylight was blocked with their shut position. "Yes. I'm perfectly fine." her voice gentle and soft, a small nod as if only trying to convince the woman, she knowing in definite she currently had not a care in the world.

"Well, as I was saying.." the maid continued on her voice once against drifting off as Elizabeth felt a rolling sensation over her body from those same familiar waves. Her muscles in complete relaxation and allowing the delicate brushes to stroke at her face sending her into a further state of peaceful quiet.

"All done!" Claire said with another clap, this time being of pride as she had just finished applying a soft red lipstick to Elizabeth's now made up face. The young woman's eyes fluttering open to look at the older woman who was beaming. "Go, go! Take a look." the woman prodded her to rise and go into the bathroom which she did complacently.

When Elizabeth took in her appearance, she felt as if she should have been shocked but there was no rise in her emotion. She did display a delicate smile in approval, but that was as much as she could muster. She did not look like a fresh out of college graduate, she looked like a woman. A well refined and polished woman. The look was clean and very appealing to her frame, but she had no desire to turn and spin and take it all in, finding herself content with what was visible as she forward faced the mirror.

"Come on, lets go. The Alpha is downstairs and he should see you." Claire smiled as she wrapped an arm around Elizabeth's bicep and began to lead her out and down the stairs, the young woman felt the need to use the banister along them as she descended for extra support as her muscles felt heavy in their relaxation.

There was talk from the men who surrounded the dining room table, Cane now present, which lowered to hushed tones as they heard the presence of heels clicking down the stairs. All of them standing from their seats and turning to look at the maid and Elizabeth who finally reached their landing. There was silence as they all took in the blonde who wore a cleaned up appearance for the first time since she had arrived.

"Holy fuck, she looks like a Luna." Mark whispered in a hushed tone, as the two women walked over to the table.

Jason stared at her intently, his eyes darkening as she approached, their lingering stare roaming her body and finding her extremely desirable in this exact moment. No words forming in his brain as he was currently left speechless, only images running through his head of everything he wanted to do to her at present.

"How are you feeling, Miss. Elizabeth?" Jacob asked in that ever present usual tone, taking in not only her appearance, but her demeanor.

It seemed it took a moment for Elizabeth to process the question, her eyes fluttering over to him in a delayed response in combination with her voice. "Well." It was all she could say. A hushed thought in the back of her mind, urging her to move away from the man who had knocked her out previously with medication, however her heart rate remained even and she felt no internal anxiety as she stood two feet away from the Master Beta.

"Are you well rested?" Jacob followed up his question.

"Yes." she said with the smallest of nods as her fingers idly laced in front of her hips.

"Are you ready to speak with your Uncle?" He asked further, gauging her responses.

"Hmmm...?" she said, having to return her eyes to his face as she had zoned out on the grain of the wood flooring. "Oh..." a small smile displaying on her face. "Yes."

"Would you rather get something to eat first?" Jacob asked again, the other betas giving each other a look as the conversation went on, Jason's fixated stare beginning to break from her figure to take in her muted conversation.

"No... I had a muffin." she said quietly, and the Master Beta nodded in response.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
103K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
99.9K 1.8K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
28.8M 881K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...