Manager wa Maid-sama • 赤葦 京治

By SpiceSugar

Ex-manager of the Fukurodani Boys Volleyball Team is a part-time maid © Dec 2020 More

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 3
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 13
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 15
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 17
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 18
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 19
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 20
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 21
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 23
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 24
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 25
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 26
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 27
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 28
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 29
END 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 30
Thank you note ♡

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 14

8.2K 380 157
By SpiceSugar

Days of extra brainwork to teach the third years math felt a lot like preparing for an entrance exam; exhausting and never-ending.

They had taken the quiz that would determine their fate in the volleyball club today. You expected everything went well from the smile on their faces, but at some point you heard Akaashi saying they weren't entirely convincing.

You arrived for practice with the quiz results in hand, given by the club advisor. Coach told you to keep the papers while he instructed the others to gather around for some important news.

"Everyone, I've been informed by Advisor sensei that we will be having a training camp in Hyogo. All thanks to our manager, who was able to receive the invite from Inarizaki's captain directly."

You nodded with a smile.

"It's a wonderful opportunity to have a training camp with a long-time powerhouse that has attended Nationals for three years consecutively. I want you all to not let this occasion go to waste. Gain new skills, overcome the enemy's strategy, and break their walls. Aside from that, I know you would make new friends easily."

The boys were already planning for what to do in Hyogo, seemingly forgetting that they weren't going for a vacation.

"Okay, calm down. We are still talking about other stuff. The third year's quiz result."

The moment he mentioned the quiz, the seniors of the team froze in place. Their depressing state cast a gloomy shadow over their juniors behind them.

"[surname], if you may."

You got up and handed him your clipboard. Coach adjusted his glasses while checking the papers.

"Don't run, Bokuto."

You turned to the team captain who was halfway from sprinting out of the gym. Komi grabbed the hem of his shirt to make him stay.

"All right, most of you third years are doing better. Bokuto, you barely passed but it's still better than failing."

Bokuto looked down, gripping Akaashi's sleeve.

"I-I tried, I swear! I was doing good on the first five numbers but then the questions started adding letters into the numbers. It confused me so much that I began making mistakes."

He explained in a remorseful whimper

"Well, good for you for trying, Bokuto. Try to maintain good scores so you won't be banned from practice."

"We'll work on it."

You and Akaashi spoke at the same time.

Coach Yamiji returned the clipboard to you and clapped his hands.

"Yosh! You have much to prepare before the training camp so let's continue with a 3-on-3."

──────────

You walked out of the alley and met Akaashi in front of the café. He was drinking from a soda can when he saw you came to him.

"Akaashi? What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you. Sorry I didn't come inside, thought it might be better for you to work without disturbance."

"Oh... that's not a problem. Do you need anything from me?"

"Yes," he fixed his posture, "Care to take this afternoon walk with me?"

You thought he was about to discuss an important matter, hence the reason he came all the way here to meet you. Turned out it was for something simple that made you cracked up a smile.

"Sure."

He wore his glasses again, just like your first encounter with him in this neighborhood. He seemed to have a poor eyesight, but that never affected his volleyball performance. He rarely ever put it on at school.

"So what brought you here this time?"

"I never get to thank you personally for agreeing to tutor Bokuto-san with me."

"That's it? Oh, Akaashi... you always remember things that I don't consider important," you gave him a nudge, "I ought to help you as the manager after all."

"I know that," he stopped beside a trash bin to dump the empty can in his hand, "But I still want to repay you in some way."

He looked around the area for something that caught his eyes.

"Oh, how about this."

You followed him into a crepe vendor.

Akaashi was reading the menu board as you caught up to his side.

"I hope you're not on a diet."

"No, I would want one actually," you smiled and waited in line together.

The two teenagers in front of you walked off after they collected their orders.

He let you come forward to choose the flavor you'd want.

"I'll take this with less cream please."

You pointed at the picture, not bothered to read the overly complicated French name.

"I'll take this one," Akaashi did the same.

"Coming right up!"

As soon as the young cook began preparing for your orders, Akaashi's phone won't stop buzzing from incoming messages like he had won some kind of lottery.

You moved out of the way so the customers behind you could place an order.

You heard Akaashi's faint groan.

"Who is it?"

"It's just my mom. My cousin is at my house right now and she told me to come home straight away."

"Woah. So, are you leaving now?"

"What? No. I don't care if she's there." He thrust his phone back into his pocket, "I'm not just going to bail on you, [surname]."

"She, huh. Do you guys... always hang together whenever she visits?"

"Pretty much."

He was gazing at the sky when he answered your question, but then he turned to you with a teasing smirk, "Curious are we?"

"I-I'm just asking. The way your mom wanted you to come home suggests that she's counting on you to keep her company."

"Well, we grow up together so we're pretty close. But all she ever talks about is her boyfriend."

"Order number 52!"

The attendant called out.

Akaashi went to fetch the order and came back a short time later with two crepes on his hand. He gave the one with the whipped cream to you.

"Here you go."

"Oh, this looks good!"

The first thing you eat were the sliced fruits before going for a bite. The whipped cream inside it smeared the one spot near the cheek where your tongue couldn't get it.

"Ugh, and this is why I asked for less cream."

Akaashi instinctively wiped it off with his thumb. It became slower and gentler when it brushed the corner of your lips. Then, he licked his thumb and thought it was delicious.

"Mmhm can confirm. It tastes good."

You searched for something in your pocket and found a crumpled tissue from three days ago. You shrugged, thinking it was better than using your fingers to clean it.

"Well, well. Lookie here."

Your path crossed with a familiar school bastard. He was holding hand with a girl you quickly recognized by his side.

Nakano whistled, glaring at Akaashi then to you, "If it isn't my favorite couple."

"Hi, [surname]-san. What a coincidence to meet you here."

The girl waved and spoke warmly, at least genuine with her words.

"Yuka."

The girl was the soccer's club first-year manager. You helped her many times if the third year's manager was preparing for her exams and she's too afraid to ask for her help.

"I think we interrupted their date, don't you think?" Nakano whispered to Yuka although making it obviously heard.

"Oh, no. We just... bumped into each other earlier."

You tried to defend yourself so Yuka didn't get any wrong idea.

She must have not known anything about Nakano and you pitied her for it. She was too good to be associated with a deceitful guy like him. What did Nakano do to get her so close to him?

"Yuka, I didn't know you are, uh.., in a relationship with Nakano-san."

"Eh- it's nothing like that. W-we are just starting it out."

Yuka let go of his hand because she was embarrassed.

Nakano laughed, "Okay, Yuka. I know you don't want anyone from school to see you with a senior."

"Yet, but [surname]-san is fine because she's really kind."

"Is she now?"

You rolled your eyes, not wanting to continue this conversation longer than you should.

"I'll be leaving, Yuka. Come on, Akaashi."

You swerved around him but he blocked your path.

"Now, hold on. It's been a while since our last meeting. I remember back then you two weren't a couple yet."

Your knuckles were turning white from the exasperation, "We aren't. If you'll excuse me, Nakano-san."

"Why? Jealous she's never going to choose you?" Akaashi purposely provoked him even after seeing you tried to leave.

Nakano scoffed, stepping closer to Akaashi.

"No, I'm actually glad because Yuka is ten times better than her. And you know what I like the most about Yuka?"

He turned to face you, "She's not a hypocrite like your girl."

With a steady motion, a hand went back and across his face in one movement, silencing the area around you with a loud crack.

Yuka covered her mouth in dismay and so did Akaashi. Unlike her, his lips were smiling beneath his hand.

Nakano staggered back up, swaying a little. He brought his hand up to relieve the hot sting on his cheek. He looked at you in shock.

"Nakano-san, if you're going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty."

You walked past him and glanced at Yuka with a softer expression, "Be careful with him, Yuka. He's not someone who you think he is," then you and Akaashi escaped in the crowd.

Yuka was a clever girl. She'd figure it out in time without ever needing your explanation.

You heaved a sigh of relief that had been constraining your breath.

"Nice kill."

Praised Akaashi like a proud mom.

You chuckled, rubbing your hands together while feeling really good about yourself. 

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 17.2K 27
accepting coach nekomata's invitation to be the manager for the boys volleyball team wouldn't have been so stressful if you were aware of your charmi...
481K 14.7K 26
She used to be the ace of a powerhouse school. She was known as the best ace is the country. Until one day, her disease got to her. The pain was unbe...
4.7K 125 12
After becoming the manager for Nekoma you get added to a groupchat full of your team and their friends. -cursing -trigger warnings will be at the top...
2.1K 170 23
"I... I like... you.." "..." "I-" "Listen, its ok. You don't have to reciprocate my feelings. I just wanted to get the thought of not telling you off...