The Mysterious Boy || BTS (Ji...

Av EcstaticAce

Jungkook is part of a futuristic world, where VR (Virtual Reality) games are normal and played often. Lately... Mer

The Mysterious Boy
The Lake
New Player: Yoongi
Returning Player: Namjoon
Game Announcement
Regret
Misunderstanding
Fight
Healing
Trip: Day 1
Pounce
Reunion
Memory
Gone
Broken
Remember
Free
Forever Mine

Shall We?

108 9 19
Av EcstaticAce

A/N

Hello everyone! It's been a little while, but I thought I'd update the story! Just a heads up: There's not much left! We are reaching the end of this story, but I already have another in the works. Thank you all for your support on this story, and I hope you enjoy this chapter! =^_^=

----------------------------------------

It had been about four days since the incident, Jungkook staying in his house without the will to leave. He'd called off of work for two days in a row, not having the will to get back out into the real world. His entire world was shattered, and he was still trying to pick up the pieces.

Jungkook had contacted the company that made Mikrokosmos to see if there was any way to get the data that was on the shattered disc. He had received an email stating that this was impossible, only causing him to become further depressed, longing to be back in Jimin's arms and to be comforted.

He hadn't been eating well, currently moving to the kitchen to grab something small when his phone sounded off a notification. Jungkook sighed as he moved to grab his phone on the counter. His movements were slow, both from the depression he felt but also from the lack of nutrition to give him energy. When he saw the notification, he dropped everything, quickly opening up the email.

Hello JK97.

I had heard from my team that your game disc was recently shattered. I'm really sorry to hear that. But based on the game data I have been collecting, you're the only one who has never been killed by the character Jimin. I'm truly fascinated by this if I'm being honest.

I built him and his attributes to be a killer, a character that trusts no one. So, why you? Why were you able to be the only one that could be able to build a relationship with him? I asked myself this as I monitored your progress in the game.

To try and make this short, I'd like to offer you a new game disc. While I can't get you back to where you were, I'd like to see if history repeats itself. I'm assuming you have no recollection of the exact choices you made early on. So, I'd like to know if it's just the choices you made or ... if it's Jimin's decision. I'd like you to visit our facility, so we can monitor your progress faster and in real time.

Please reply if you're interested in this opportunity.

Sana

Mikrokosomos Game Developer

Jungkook couldn't believe what he was reading, wiping his eyes with the back of his wrist in disbelief. He read over it one more time before pressing the reply button. He was excited to get a second chance, anything to see Jimin again. However, after a couple more seconds of thought, his fingers paused before typing.

Is this really a good idea? What if I see him again and ... and he doesn't remember me? Can I handle that? Can I deal with that kind of rejection? Can I ... Can I handle being killed by him?

Jungkook set his phone on the kitchen counter as made himself a small lunch, wanting to take the time to think about this decision. After eating and thinking of all the possible outcomes, he decided that seeing Jimin again would be worth the risk. He emailed Sana back to confirm an appointment to start their "experiment" as Jungkook was calling it.

Even though he was nervous about what was to come, he knew that he was one step closer to being back with the man he loved. However, not knowing if it would be the same Jimin he left with was causing him a little anxiety. After a couple emails back and forth with the Mikrokosmos team, Jungkook was set to head to their headquarters in a couple days when he was already scheduled to have a day off. It was as if his nerves were driving him now, the adrenaline now coursing through him.

He smiled as he went back into his room to rest. All of his thoughts on meeting the mysterious boy once again.

-----------------------------------------------

Yoongi only had one more day left in the hospital, all of his things packed for the big day. Although, that wasn't saying much since he wasn't allowed to bring much into the hospital in the first place. Yoongi had finally gotten back to his room after some last meetings with his therapist. After his therapist gave him Mikrokosmos, he came to like them, realizing that they only ever wanted what was best for him.

Yoongi was informed that Namjoon was coming to pick him up tomorrow, smiling at the thought. He thought it would be nice to see his friend and not have to jump through restrictions or scheduled visitation times. He looked around his room, trying to find any last-minute things that needed to be packed.

His eyes stumbled upon Mikrokosmos and the gaming headset and console. He smiled as he walked towards it, knowing that it was the last thing he needed to pack.

"Should I play one more time? Hobi would probably like a visit." Yoongi's cheeks dusted pink as he unconsciously picked up the headset. "I guess one more time before I move out couldn't hurt."

Yoongi placed the headset on, setting the game up before he was whisked away into soft, pink clouds. Yoongi had always loved this feeling, the way he felt free from all responsibilities and stress when flying through these clouds. He was quickly dropped into a town during what he was assuming to be afternoon.

There were a couple people walking around, but it wasn't terribly busy. Yoongi looked to his left and right, slowly remembering being in this town once or twice with Hoseok. He started walking slowly with his hands in his pant pockets. He quickly found himself in a part of the town where there were some shops, but there were no longer any other people walking around.

He slowed down to a stop, something not feeling quite right. Call it his intuition, but he decided to start turning back to the busier part of town, maybe to stop into a coffee shop and get rid of this eerie feeling. He only got a few steps back towards the busier part of town before he heard footsteps running towards him.

When he turned back, he saw a man with blonde hair running towards him, maybe a quarter mile up the street. Yoongi's eyes widened as he began running as fast as he could, praying that he would run into somebody before the man caught up to him. The blonde hair and dark eyes reminded him of the man that tried to kill him on his first day in the virtual world.

Yoongi took a sharp right, hoping to lose the boy behind him. Just based on the volume of the footsteps, Yoongi knew the man was gaining on him. He took another sharp left, realizing that he was closer to the busier part of town now. But his legs began to give up on him, causing him to stumble and almost fall to the ground.

Yoongi turned his head to see the man only maybe ten feet away from him. Since his head was turned around, he didn't notice the person exiting the store, running right into them and causing them both to fall over onto the road most likely made of asphalt. The person's drink and food fell onto the ground as the two of them became a mess of limbs as they came to a stop. Yoongi looked up, but his eyes were still closed, trying to get his bearings back after the crash.

"Gotcha."

The man raised a knife that Yoongi didn't even know he was carrying. Yoongi's eyes squinted open just as he saw the shine of the blade. He could see the man gaining momentum to swing the weapon at him, putting his right arm up in defense.

When he opened his eyes again, he saw someone else's arm in front of his own, the knife stuck deep into it. The blonde man that had been chasing him looked annoyed, his arms crossed as he rolled his eyes. When Yoongi followed the arm to the person who blocked the attack, he was shocked.

"Again, Hoseok. Really?"

"Yes, really." Hoseok winced as his adrenaline began to fade, the knife wound now becoming excruciatingly painful.

"I just want to kill him once."

"And as long as I'm around, you won't be killing him at all."

Yoongi was finally fully recovered from the fall. Even though Hoseok still had the knife deep in his arm, he was sitting in front of Yoongi as if to protect him. Yoongi quickly got up, gently grabbing Hoseok's arm to examine the wound.

"Hoseok, you idiot. You shouldn't have gone in front of me like that." Yoongi continued to examine the wound, seeing firsthand how deep the knife really was. When he lightly touched the knife handle, Hoseok hissed in pain, his hands turning into fists as he bit his lip hard.

"Just let him suffer. He's the one who chose to get in the way."

Yoongi looked up at the blonde man, his arms still crossed as his aura just screamed how annoyed he was. Yoongi couldn't believe that the man wasn't even a bit concerned for Hoseok's well-being, especially since it seemed like they knew each other.

"I'm not just leaving him here with a knife sticking out of his arm." Yoongi looked at the wound one more time before looking at Hoseok, the man still wincing slightly. "Hobi, we should have someone else take this out. If we take it out now, the bleeding could be pretty bad."

Hoseok nodded as Yoongi helped him up by supporting his unwounded arm. Hoseok winced again but managed a small smile as Yoongi continued to look worried, his brows furrowed. The blonde man rolled his eyes one more time before turning around, his head the only thing facing Yoongi and Hoseok.

"I guess I'm out of here." He took two steps before looking back. "Yoongi, was it?"

"Yeah?" Yoongi took his attention of Hoseok for a second to look at the man who only tried to kill him minutes earlier.

"Take care of him."

Before Yoongi could say anything in retort, it was as if the man disappeared. Whether he ran away or moved when Yoongi wasn't paying attention, he wasn't sure. Either way, his full attention was now on Hoseok.

"Come on. Let's get you to a doctor ... or ... a hospital may be better."

"Yeah."

Yoongi walked with Hoseok to the nearest hospital which wasn't too far away, since they started getting close to the middle of the city. Yoongi made Hoseok prop his arm up, not wanting the knife to cause any more damage than it already has. Yoongi could tell Hoseok's arm was getting tired, using one of his elbows to help keep Hoseok's arm elevated. Hoseok occasionally hissed in pain, strangers staring at them as they pass them on the street. After taking a turn, the hospital was in sight.

"We're almost there. Not too much longer." Yoongi continued to support Hoseok as they went, eyes focused towards the building.

Hoseok stopped mid-walk, Yoongi taking a couple steps before realizing Hoseok wasn't following anymore. Yoongi looked back with his eyes widened slightly. Hoseok stayed still, eyes staring directly at Yoongi as if he was the only person around.

"Hobi? You okay? Does it hurt? Don't worry. We're almost there." Yoongi was back to Hoseok, only inches separating them as Yoongi prepared to carry Hoseok if needed. "I can carry you if you need ..."

Hoseok brought his good hand to Yoongi face, gently moving his thumb against his cheek. Yoongi could see a small smile playing on his lips as his eyes looked at Yoongi lovingly. For Yoongi, it was as if time had stopped.

"I love you."

It was so simple, just the two of them in each other's views even though the streets were now busy with other people. Yoongi couldn't help but smile slightly, taking Hoseok's hand away from his face and holding it lightly.

"Love you, too."

Hoseok started to lean in slowly for a kiss. Yoongi would be lying if he said he didn't want to kiss him, but he took a deep breath before putting his pointer finger to Hoseok's lips. Hoseok looked confused and disappointed at the action, his lips forming a pout.

"Even though I'd love nothing more than to kiss you right now," Yoongi looked towards the knife still sticking out of Hoseok's arm, as if the other had forgotten about it in the moment, "we should get that checked out first."

Yoongi raised his eyebrow, slowly moving to stand next to Hoseok once again, lifting his arm carefully. Hoseok smiled, leaning his head against Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi looked towards Hoseok before looking back at the hospital.

"Shall we?"

---------------------------------------

A/N

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! We're so close to the end, so there's not too much left. Here are some questions to answer if you'd like:

1) Favorite pairing in the story?

2) How do you think the Jungkook/Jimin arc will end? Will he kill him? Will he remember him?

3) Any questions about the story?

Thanks again for all your support on this story and my other ones. You all give me so much motivation when it comes to writing. Until next time! =^_^=

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

126K 6.3K 21
▹ in which Jimin has a small obsession with the ship Sope. And it doesn't help that they are his bandmates either. ◃ started: sept.18.2020 ended: dec...
219K 6K 29
Top! Jimin (Alpha) Bottom! Jungkook (Omega) Includes side ships Cover by @-cherub thank you!! Started : 18/12/2016 End : 25/12/2017
6.8K 402 56
Cover By: @SolanaStellaLuna SOPE AU Love. Youth. Passions. Talents. Friends. And Hate. What else could you ask for when you're young? Probably what...
29K 979 52
Reactions to different scenarios with BTS. Might include NSFW scenarios, will be noted. ~ BTS Member x Reader Insert (no y/n) 1st Place Oneshots The...