We are silent waves

By glitterink

A place near the ocean that has become THE summer destination for the rich and famous. A small town on the Ea... More

Meet Chloe and Henry
*Night sky*
*Blueberry blossom*
*Ice cream and trust*
*The type who does better*
*Whatever you need*
*Our little talks*
*The call*
*The fall*
*Next caller*
*The letter*
*Catching feelings reload*
*Synchronized romance*
*Rain & a promise*
*Fairytale & pain*
*Damaged angel wings*
*An explanation*
*Blind trust & intuition*
* 6 missed calls *
*Please don't do this*
*The look in his eyes*
*Late night call*
*Regrets and tea*
*Return to LA*
*A family matter*
*I don't need him*
*I don't care*
*The post & the song*
*The Aftermath*
*I need you too*
*The night before Christmas*
*Awards and consequences*
*Done with laying low*
*The next step*
*Talking back*
*Before the trip*
*Something in the water*
*Not good enough*
*Buckle up, buttercup*
*I need you to hold on*

*I want you to...*

56 10 42
By glitterink

NEW WEEK, NEW HENRY UPDATE!!!

Just as we thought that we were going to miss out on our weekly Henry-dose, BEHOLD! Pictures of our favorite talented eye-candy have emerged.

Heart melting smile, ruffled curls and a cashmere shirt that is surely made of boyfriend material. What more could we ask for?

Apparently, Henry and his close friend enjoyed their dinner reservation inside one of the private dining rooms (despite the fact that every table has to be booked with months in advance). Our sources tell us that he was in an extremely good mood, even laughed and joked around with the staff. His friend, Chloe-an old acquaintance, we haven't seen them spending time together for a while now-was, according to the staff, seemingly more reserved but also very sweet...and generous with her tips.

You see, while our hearts almost broke at the thought of him being on an actual date, our fears were quickly erased when we found out that they did the challenge where they placed their cards on the table and asked the waiter to pick one. Chloe paid. If that doesn't put out 'just friends and definitely not a date' vibes, we don't know what does. Our hearts remain intact.

Now back to the boyfriend material. We made sure you'll be able to recreate Henrys look by posting all the links to the clothing items he was wearing that night.

Click on the link below to find out what he was wearing and  some *cough* budget friend alternatives.

*****

Henry:

Insert the OH NO! OH NO-NO-NO-NO-NO 🎶 here.

Chloe:

🙈 what happened?!

The picture he sent me instantly pops up on my screen. His smile is wide. e looks straight into the camera, giving it a thumbs up. His chin is slightly tilted up and the doctor that is standing next to him pretends to be shocked by the sight, covering his mouth as he points to Henry. A white patch has been placed right under his chin.

The written explanation also doesn't hesitate to appear.

Henry:

Fear not, milady! These are wounds I got in fair mock-battle. ⚔️

Chloe:

What exactly happened?

Henry:

Edgar got a bit too close to my chin while we were filming.

got two stitches. I'm a baddie now.

your boyfriend's a baddie, Chloe!

thank God it was just a fake knife tho😮‍💨

my money maker is intact 😏

Chloe:

🥺🥺🥺

Does it hurt?

Henry:

No, not really.

But for the dramatic effect we can pretend that it does.

Get a bit of a roleplaying going on and all that 👀

I chuckle out loud. That earns me a questioning look from Layla who is sitting at the desk opposite mine.

"A knock-knock joke", I explain, knowing that she won't have any interest in finding out what the punchline was.

Chloe:

Roleplaying, huh? 😆

Henry:

Yeah, I'll pretend to be an archeologist who just returned home after having to battle mummies and several ancient powerful ghosts.

Chloe:

🤣🤣🤣

just imagine if someone hacked your phone and read that 

some girls would be suddenly very interested in archeology

Henry:

But the real question is...would my girl be?

Chloe:

I am very interested...

in finding out if you also hurt your head during your mock-fight.

Henry:

Nah. This is my regular state of mind.

And you like it because it's fun.

I could have chosen the patient-doctor/nurse but that's boring.

I find myself blushing at the idea.

What is my brain doing? Stop it with the images!

Henry:

I'm also done for the day. Should I come and pick you up?

Chloe:

Yes please 💕

Henry:

💫

*****

Three hours later, I am walking up to the elevator, with a wide smile on my face. I got to spend the rest of the day listening to a bunch of projects before their release.

I take the elevator down to the lobby and walk behind the reception. I say my goodbyes before opening the door that leads to the back alley where Henry usually waits for me.

I see him standing next to his car. His smile turns into a wide one as he spots me as he looks over the shoulder of the guy who is enthusiastically talking to him. He's walking backwards so I try to move out of the way.

"Nah, no way, man?! That's great. It was nice seeing you! Tell Maya I said hi! Oh, my bad", the guys says as he almost crashes into me.

"All good", I smile at him. 

He rushes back inside and I walk over to Henry.

"Did I interrupt something?" I ask him with a smirk as I approach him.

"Not at all", he replies. 

"So...you are not going to say hi to Maya?" I tease him as I gesture to his pocket, pointing to his phone.

"You're gonna stand there and tease or come take care of your patient? Because...it's kinda starting to...hurt...", his facial expression changes as he points to his chin. "There seems to be something wrong with my eyes too..."

"Wait, what?!" I ask him, trying to notice if there was something different about his eyes.

"I can't take them off you."

"I see that fever is also an issue, hmm", I smirk as his fingers twist into the hem of my t-shirt, pulling my body against his. 

My palms are placed flat against his chest and I tilt my head to the side, looking at the white square bandaid that had been placed right under this chin.

"All jokes aside. Are you okay, does it still hurt?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "It's nothing", he says with an endearing tone.

"The type of nothing that was worth two stitches, huh?" 

"Exactly", he smirks. He looks around and then back at me. "Can I get a-"

I raise myself on the tip of my toes and steady myself by holding onto the sides of his upper body. My lips find his and we exchange a slow and tender kiss. I let go of him again and he opens the car door for me. 

My heart flutters as I watch him walk around the car. He playfully winks at me. I don't think he knows how charming he is even when he does something as a joke.

"So, how was your day?" he asks as he starts driving.

"Oh! I read that we definitely are just friends because I paid for dinner two days ago", I giggle knowing what effect it would have on him.

"Listen, listen. It was a nice little joke to throw them off buuuuuut I really don't appreciate you not letting me pay. I was the one who invited you to dinner and-"

"-we are not having this conversation again."

Henry sighs. "You're so stubborn sometimes..."

"Oh, you'll learn to love that about me."

He glances over and smirks. His hand finds my thigh and gives it  a gentle squeeze. "Who says I don't already?"

"Your sigh earlier" I grin.

Henry bites his lower lip and nods as his eyes focus on the road again. "That's so stupid, isn't it? That they think we can't be a couple because you paid."

"Yeah...as if it wouldn't be perfectly normal for me to pay for dinner", I say as I look out of the window.

"Well, I kinda umm...have to adapt to that because I used to be the one who payed all the time."

"'M not built like that", I joke and he laughs. 

"And I'm trying to adapt to that fact", he smirks. 

"Was that my 'I'm not like all the other girls' moment?"

"Probably...", he shrugs and shakes his head with an amused facial expression. He gives my thigh another squeeze. "You're definitely not like other girl."

*****

"What do you call a gingerbread man with a degree?" my grandfather asks.

"No idea", I reply as I place the cookie dough on the tray.

"A smart cookie!"

"HA!" Henry lets out a laugh. 

We look at each other and I shake my head in amusement. 

"What? It was funny", Henry defends his reaction.

"Nothing", I smile and continue to scoop cookie dough.

"Don't criticize someone for appreciating good humor, Chloe", my grandfather chuckles.

"I actually have one too", Henry asks. 

"Let's hear it!" my grandfather exclaims. "Bet I know it. That's how old I am. All the jokes I know I actually got from a T-Rex."

"Gramps. You are a young soul."

"And you just got yourself another present for saying that", he jokes. "Okay, I'm ready", he says looking at Henry.

"Why did the Oreo go to the dentist? 

"Why?" my grandfather asks.

"Because it lost its filling."

They both start chuckling.

"Brilliant!" my grandfather giggles just as Sam comes inside the kitchen.

"Oh, those look very nice", she says while pointing at the tray.

"And they will taste even better", I smile. 

"Can't wait", she smile and looks over to my grandfather. "Ready?"

"Yes, yes", he tells her and grabs his phone from the counter. My mother was already waiting for him. He needs to have his measurements taken for a new suit. He will be receiving an honorary  award at an upcoming music award show...I secretly think he's more enthusiastic about his live performance. The thought of seeing him perform live again makes me equally as nervous and exited. It's the same when I think about my mothers shows.

No matter how many designers reached out to him, for events that he considered important he would always ask my mother to design something for him.

"Should I grab something for you while I'm there? I could drop by a store if you needed anything",  he asks and looks at me.

"No, thanks."

He then looks over to Henry.

"Oh, me? I'm good. Thank you."

My grandfather nods.

"Be right back", I tell Henry as I walk out of the kitchen and follow Sam and grandpa to the front door. Sam walks out and gets inside the car while my grandfather is putting his sneakers on.

"Cool sneakers", I smile.

"Thanks", he smirks. It's as if I just handed him the coolest grandpa prize. "My granddaughter bought them for me", he winks. "You know...your friend right there...he's a good one to have around. Just sayin'...", he quickly adds and nonchalantly raises his hands up as he shrugs.

"Yeah, I agree", I smile.

I watch him walk over to the car before I close und lock the door.

Wait, did he just imply that...Henry and I should date?

Does he know?

I walk back to the kitchen. 

"Did your grandfather just offered to grab something from a store for me? Like if I said, well yeah, actually some apples would be nice...like he would have just went and bought some? FOR ME?!-I really can't act casual around him. Can I?"

"He really likes you. Always did", I chuckle.

"Sometimes I have this moments", he leans slightly as he places the tray inside the oven, "when I realize that people I used to see on TV are now literally talking to me in real life. You know? No, you don't, you grew up like this", he smirks.

"Doesn't mean that I don't have people that I'm intimidated by."

"Oh, who would those people be?" he asks as he approaches me.

"Hmm...well...there is one particular actor...", I reply as I press my back against the wall.

"Is that so?"

I bite my lower lip and nod. "Really handsome...and kind...when he looks at me sometimes...oof."

"Lucky guy. Wait...Sometimes? Sometimes?!" he pretends to be offended.

I carefully place a kiss on his chin, next to the band aid. He cups my face between his hands, tilting my head slightly so he could kiss me. I place my arms around him. We stand like that, looking at each other, mumbling words of endearment between our kisses.

The timer goes off, startling me. Henry looks at me and chuckles as he walks over to the oven.

I take a picture of him taking the tray out of the oven.

"This smells so good", he says as he places the tray down on the counter.

"Second favorite smell...", I say and place a kiss on his cheek.

"Don't tug at my heartstrings like that", he smirks.

"What do you mean? The smell of lilac flowers is my favorite. Definitely first place", I look at him.

"That's it! I'm changing my perfume!" Henry pulls his phone out and pretends to type something.

I push his arm back and wrap mine around his shoulders. "And now, ladies and gentleman, the role for 'playing the victim' is going to..."

His lips crash into mine. "I'm so lucky that you're my girl..."

"I know, right? Girls who like lilac flowers are so rare", I say. 

He looks at me and grips my chin. "Baby..."

"I can't help it okay? It's like I have to say something stupid. Because the alternative is that I'll probably start crying when you say stuff like this."

"Wait, what?", there is a confused look that appears on his face.

"It...I...this...", I stutter. I look at him and we both chuckle. He presses a kiss on my forehead and pulls me back into his arms. There it is. He just took all the pressure away with a few simple gestures. No matter how difficult it is to talk about something he always knows how to react to make me feel more comfortable.

"When you say stuff like that...it makes me feel umm...", I breath out and continue to mumble into the fabric of his hoodie. "What we have feels really special and when you say stuff like that it's kinda reminding me that I never thought that I could feel like this about someone. Trust someone as much as I do you...or that someone would like me the way that you do. So all that and the fact that I'm intimidated by compliments makes crappy jokes my preferred weapon of choice to react to them", I chuckle against his chest.

"Your jokes are never crappy", he chuckles. "And yes, what we have is special and I'm going to keep it this way...every....single...day", he says between the pecks he places all over my face. "You don't know. You clearly don't know what effect you have on those around you if you thought that someone wouldn't be able to like you like I do. Well, kinda true because...let's face it. I'm the best big spoon you'll ever have", he adds making me laugh.

His arm wraps around my waist and he picks me up, so I can sit on the counter before him. My legs find their way around his waist and I nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck.

"Hold up", he chuckles, "that wasn't you taking a deep breath, was it? Because if it was, one might start to believe that you just wanted to get more of your favorite smell", he chuckles.

I pinch his side and chuckle.

"Suits me right for thinking that I could win this debate", he laughs.

"You definitely did. I just hate losing", I giggle and press a kiss on his neck.

*****

"Good boy! You're such a good boy", I say as Comet places the tennis ball on my lap. I've been sitting on the grass in Henry's backyard and playing with him for a while now.

Henry stepped back inside to grab his phone and order dinner for us.

"Again?" I ask Comet and he pushes his head against my arm. I chuckle and give him a quick pet on the back before throwing the ball away.

Comet sprints away with such a force, his paws ripping some of the grass straws and throwing them in the air behind him.

I watch his energetic movements as he jumps up and down to catch the now bouncing ball. He returns it just as quickly as I've expected him to.

Noticing the way he is breathing and the way his tongue is hanging out, I jump up to my feet. "Water? Would you like some water?" I ask him and he doesn't hesitate to turn around and walk to the wide glass sliding door that leads back into the house.

I open the door for him and follow him inside and to the kitchen.

"Comet is really thirsty and-" I stop speaking. I see Henry leanings against the kitchen island. His phone is placed against the vase in front of him. He is facetiming. 

I cover my mouth with my hand. My eyes widen in shock as I cringe and start slowly walking backwards.

"No, no. It's all good", he quickly reacts and smiles. "As a matter of fact, would you please come here?" he asks with a wide smile and I start approaching him. "Mom? I want you to meet someone."

Mom?! As in...his mother. Mother. Family. Yep. This is happening. I'm not freaking out at all. Nope. As cool as...why am I sweating? Is it hot in here?

As I'm standing next to him I look at the screen. The nervous smile on my lips doesn't hesitate to show. I'm aware that I'm meeting the most important person in his life.

"Mom, this is Chloe. Chloe, this is my mom."

"It's nice to meet you Misses-", I start but she quickly intervenes.

"None of that. I'm Jennifer. It's so nice to meet you too", she smiles. "Oh, who am I kidding? I can't act. He inherited all the talent in that department", she adds as we all chuckle. "I know who you are. I've been a fan of your grandfather for such a long time."

"Thank you so much", I say and smile, aware that I am starting to blush.

That's me. Always the granddaughter or daughter of...

"Mom thought that she deleted her Instagram account. It was just the app", Henry says and bites his cheek to tame his grin.

"Oh, that happens all the time", I look at the screen and nod.

No, no it doesn't...umm...what am I talking about?

"Oh, does it, Chloe?" he asks me with a smirk.

"Yes. Often", I glance at him.

"See, my point exactly. I'm not the only one", his mother answers. "I've heard so many things about you, Chloe! I'm so excited that we finally get to see each other."

"Likewise!" I answer trying to match her enthusiasm.

She heard so much about me...oh wow. No pressure.

Out of frame, Henry's hand rests on my lower back  and his thumb starts moving in brushing, calming motions.

"Are you guys going out tonight?"

"No, we're going to stay in and order some food."

"Chloe? Do me a favor and pinch him. Who are you and what did you do to with my son? You know? The one who was constantly going out? Where has he been for the past few weeks?" she chuckles.

"I was hanging out with this one", he tilts his head in my direction.

"Guilty", I smile.

Who says that?!

His mother chuckles. A confused look appears on her face before she asks. "Remind me again, when did you two met for the first time?"

"Last summer", I answer as if I was a contestant on a quiz show.

She pauses. Henry looks at the screen. The quick glance they exchange doesn't go unnoticed by me. A knowing smile appears on Jennifers lips.

"So, what's dad doing?"

Jennifer sighs and rolls her eyes. "He's at the shop. Working until the dinner gets cold probably. He times that perfectly", she chuckles.

"He also is the one usually making dinner", Henry adds with a laugh.

The conversation continues with me politely answering questions about what I'm doing with my life. They are not intrusive or rude, it's just that I find myself not satisfied with my answers. 

A student that aspires to be...what do I aspire to be?

Thankfully the topic changes and I find myself listening to Henry trying to convince his mom to come to LA for Christmas. I take her said telling him that Christmas without snow doesn't really justify wearing thick knitted sweaters and drinking absurd amount of hot chocolate. Jennifer agrees so we quickly build a coalition against him. It's only when he insists that they should do Christmas here in LA travel somewhere else for New Years that I get the memo. Somewhere in between those lines I find myself rambling about how amazing my grandfathers cooking is and that their more than welcome to join us for dinner, if they decided to fly over.

When the call ends, I find myself relaxing again. "Did I pass?"

"Pass what? What were you so nervous about?" he chuckles.

"She's your mother and I know how much she means to you and...not all of us are instantly-likable like you are. People tend to say that I seem arrogant...when in fact it's probably my resting bitch face and the fact that I'm kinda insecure. She's lovely. Your mother is lovely. She's exactly how I imagined her to be. You have her eyes, I think-"

"You don't have a resting bitch face...and you don't seem arrogant. Fuck people who ever told you that. Fuck them", he interrupts me knowing that I was trying to change the topic by talking as fast as I did.

I look at him. A half smile forms on my lips. 

"What's a resting bitch face anyway? Seems misogynistic...what's the alternative for men? Is there one?" he rambles on.

I reach for his hand and our fingers playfully intertwine.

"My mom likes you...and she now likes you even more because she knows that you're the girl I've met last summer."

I furrow my eyebrows. A question appears in my eyes.

"I told her about you. I told her that I've met someone that I thought was special...she loved the idea of you before she even knew who you were. I told her I wanted her to meet you. I wanted it to be genuine like it was now, you know? Skip the awards phase...and then South Africa happened. And I did that stupid thing and...I told her I messed up because she noticed that I was acting up...constantly angry or frustrated...then came all the parties and...you know", he bites his lip. His sad smile turns into an endearing one. "And then I found you again..."

*****

The air is crisp. The sun seems to attempt to start its fight over the darkness but the shadows that belong to the night are still present. I watch the way Comet moves along the wooden floor until he reaches me. Slow, lazy steps.  I smile at the thumping sound his body makes as he lets it stretch on the floor next to my feet.

Our eyes meet and I imagine him wondering what is wrong with the human before him. Why is she awake?, I imagine him asking himself. I sit down on the floor next to him. His head rests on my lap, his eyes only quickly looking at mine as a sign that he was expecting me to oblige to my duties. I smile again as my hand starts combing through his fur. He sighs.

"I know, right? Life is complicated, I agree", I tell him. "You know, for us humans there is this expectation that we should know what we wanna do with our lives when you're my age. Well, as a matter of fact even sooner than this. The truth is that I don't know...and I feel arrogant for saying it. Others don't even have the luxury to pick their career...or have one at all. They are just forced into a situation and nobody really cares about how they feel about it."

A pause. Comet moves around and suddenly sits up next to me.

"I look at my mother, grandfather or Henry and notice how amazing life is when you're following your biggest passion. Like, what if I'm not be able to find that. And then there's Owen...my fa-I'm about to vomit-ther. He's probably gonna talk about me on a really popular platform and...Wait, how much do you charge? Because I don't actually have any peanut butter treats on me at the moment."

Comet walks away.

"Thought so...", I chuckle and stand up. It's only after I close the door that leads to the backyard and turn around that I notice why he left me. Comet is now standing next to Henry.

His eyes are half open. There is a sleepy smile on his face as he is trying to push his curls away from his forehead.

"Did Comet wake you up?" he asks with a deep voice.

"No, I actually think it was the other way around. I couldn't sleep so I-"

Henry pouts. "C'mon. Hug time", he says and reaches for me. "Wake me up if there is something bothering you and you need to talk" he mumbles once I wrap my arms around him.

"No, I won't do that. That's rude...but now that you're awake you could...hold me for a while?" I look at him while repeatedly blinking and pouting as if I had to convince him.

"Tell you what...I'll hold you when things go wrong", he whispers as his hands slowly move down my sides, "...when you're happy...when you're sad...or tired...I'll hold you whenever you need me to", he continues. "You never have to ask." His lips graze my earlobe sending shivers down my spine. "I can't promise that you won't get hurt...but I promise that I'll be there to help you heal", his words seem to linger in the air.

A rush of emotions spread through my body and suddenly I crave to be as close to him as possible, as if we were miles apart and not in each others arms. I nuzzle my face into his chest before I look up at him.

The way we kiss is slow, our tongues teasing each other as his fingertips trace over my spine. They travel over my lower back and rest on my bum. He squeezes it, causing my hips to buckle against his. Our reactions are synchronized. I whimper into the kiss and a low, almost muffled moan escapes from his mouth.

I pull back all flustered and look at him. My shy look is met by his amused one. Henry bites his lower lip to hide his smirk.

"There is really no need to be shy about it...", he says as his hand moves through my hair. "It's just us...and as long as you feel comfortable there is nothing I'd rather do than make you feel good...", he murmurs. 

I place my hands over his shoulders. Henry doesn't hesitate and picks me up. My legs wrap around his waist and my chest is pressed against his. We share another kiss before he starts walking up the stairs and carrying me back to the bedroom. 

Henry gently lays me down on the bed and I rest my head on the pillow. He looks down and our eyes meet. I cup the side of his face with my palm and brush my thumb across his cheekbone. My fingers move up and brush over his temple, right eyebrow and down the bridge of his nose. Henry smiles at me, my touch has been so light that it ended up tickling him. 

I trace the shape of his lips. He uses that as an opportunity to playfully bite my finger and I chuckle.

"I want you to come closer", I whisper as our eyes meet again. A foolish smile tugged at my lips as he obliged. His body laying next to mine, radiating warmth is all that I need right now.

"Is this close enough?" he teasingly asks as his hand starts caressing my shoulder.

I shake my head and he scoots even closer. Engulfed in his arms I start feeling more confident. I start by caressing his chest, tracing imaginary patterns on his skin before moving down and gliding over every ridge of his abs. His teeth gently graze over the curve of my neck.

I pull back and look in his eyes. "I want you to...can you...umm...", I nervously smile at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 322 19
𝒀/𝒏 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒆 and she's living the upmost perfect life, she has good grades, wonderful friends, perfect boyfriend. But... when...
21K 1.5K 39
[Complete] Chloe's world is shattered when her parents' long-standing marriage comes to an abrupt end. Determined to shield herself from the pain of...
18.6K 396 41
"𝘄𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘀." Delilah Conklin loved summer. more than any...
658K 15.2K 51
After an unpleasant two years away from her hometown, Chloe Woods is excited to return. She's looking forward to rekindling her friendship with John...