Saving Nicki (Nicki Minaj Fan...

By Masquerade_14

Nicki Minaj is coming to Australia for her World Tour! She goes to a night club in Melbourne and leaves to ge... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Authors Note
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

2.8K 65 16
By Masquerade_14

To make it up to my waiting fans, i made this chapter a little longer. Sorry i took so long! Enjoy! :)

Picture of Derrick on the side. :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine

I sat in my room looking at myself in the mirror as I thought really hard who could know about Summer and has the gut to tell Landon. I analyzed myself in the mirror. I look way skinnier and my face looks natural without make-up. Landon said he saw he tests in the stable bin which is not true. Summer kept them in her hand bag for proof. I know she did. So someone told him, but who? It has got me stuffed. No one was around when she took the test. I shook my head and got up and walked outside to the stables. Landon was brushing the horses. I stopped at the big doors and watched him carefully brush the horses as if they we’re glass. He looked at me while continue to brush the horses then stopped.

“How could you hide something like that Nicki?” Landon asked sweetly, but sadly. I closed my eyes for a second and then opened them. He looked like he was in so much pain.

“Landon, I’m sorry but it is not my thing to be going around and telling everyone. It’s Summer’s choice when she decides to tell everyone. Not yours!” I said getting overly frustrated. He is just acting like a big baby!

“Great. Now you’re angry at me. I haven’t even done anything!” He said getting frustrated too.

“You’re acting like a big baby Landon! Instead of being a baby, maybe you should go support your sister instead of being angry at the whole world!” I shouted and then stormed out of the stables and back into the house. I stormed into my room and sat on my bed. Summer walked in quietly and sat next to me.

“I guess that didn’t work out well.” Summer said.

“That was my bad.”  I said.

“He’ll come around.” Summer said.

“I hope so. It’s so depressing.” I said. Summer patted my shoulder and left my room. I sighed and stood up, grabbed my coat and headed out the front door and down the street. It was a nice sunny afternoon so I put my sun glasses on. I walked in the wind and thought about home once again. How is my mum coping? Do my fans still love me? How is my Young Money family coping? I can imagine Drake sitting on the famous red couch in the studio with his head buried in his hands.

*flashback*

I got in early at the studio because of what happened last night.

“Drake, what the hell?” I said as he sat on the red couch.

“Nicki, I did not throw a bottle at Chris. I swear on my whole rapping career.” Drake said.

“Well that’s not what everyone else thinks.” I said.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” He said.

“Nope.” He said as he sat down on the couch. He looked so frustrated. I sat down next to him and hugged him.

“It’s okay. You’ll get through this. I promise.” I said. He nodded quietly.

*flashback ends*

I sat down in the park and looked at my hands in silence.

“Well hello there.” Someone said. I looked up to see Derrick. “Nicki right?” He said. I nodded. He smiled and sat next to me. “I can’t help but wonder why you’re so sad for.” He said.

“How’d you know I was sad?” I asked.

“Well you’re alone in a park and you’re looking down at your hands.” He smiled.

“Creep.” I said. He laughed.

“No. I just observe people.” He said shrugging. “I guess it’s kind of like, a thing.” He said then flashed his smile again. Dear lord, that smile makes my heart melt. No Nicki, no!

“Oh.” I said not knowing what else to say.

“Have you thought about my dinner offer?” He asked.

“Um, yes I have.” I smiled.

“That’s great then! What’s the answer?” Oh what the hell.

“Yes.” I smiled. Maybe Landon is the asshole. This guy seems smart, caring and funny. Landon is just grumpy and well, grumpy.

“I’m so happy you said yes. I can’t wait to learn more about you.” He smiled.

“Wouldn’t you already know a lot about me by just observing me?” I asked jokingly. He chuckled.

“I only know how gorgeous you are.” He said. I blushed and looked away but quickly looked back when he touched my hand. His fingers were so soft.

“I’ll pick you up tonight, at 7.” He smiled and got up.

“Okay, I’ll be waiting.” I said. He smiled and walked away. My heart fluttered and I had butterflies in my stomach. Am I falling for this guy that I’ve only met three times? I got up and started walking back to the farm. I walked through the back and sneaked up stairs and into my room quietly. I looked in my wardrobe. Hm, I really need someone to help me with what to wear. I can’t wear something crazy like I would normally wear if I was at home. I have to wear something that says I am not a female rapper that likes to wear crazy outfits everywhere and wears blue and pink wigs. Something that doesn’t say I’m Nicki Minaj but something that says I’m Marilyn Monroe. If Rihanna was here, what would she say? She always said wear the pink one. I smiled at that thought. I picked a pink dress that had little roses on the straps and had a ribbon wrapped around upper torso.

I looked at myself in the full length mirror and I was surprised at what I seen. I haven’t look like this since I was 5. Someone knocked on the door and I quickly ran and hid in my wardrobe. I cannot be seen like this by anyone in this household.

“Nicki?” It was Landon. Shit. Even worse! I put my hand over mouth so no one could hear me breathe. “Nicki? Let me in. I want to apologize.” He said. I stopped myself just before I opened my mouth to say that I’m not the one he needs to apologize too. “I guess you’re asleep. I’ll come back later…” He said and walked away. I stepped out of the wardrobe and watched Landon go back to the stables. I smoothed out my dress and put on some perfume. I looked at the time and freaked out that it was nearly 7. I quietly walked down the stairs and no one was in the kitchen. Perfect. I walked to the front door and opened it quietly just in time for Derrick to pull up. Perfect timing. I shut the door and quickly walked up the path to the car. I got in the car and buckled my seat belt.

“Good evening.” He smiled.

“Hi.” I smiled.

“Let’s go eat something.” He smiled and we drove into town. The car ride was silent but I caught him looking at me a couple of times. We arrived at the restaurant and immediately got a table.

“Wow, that was fast.” I said.

“Being me has it’s pros I guess.” He said, flashing that famous smile.

“What do you do?” I ask. He must have a big job if everyone around town knows him.

“I am a counselor.” He said.

“Really?” I asked surprised.

“Yes.” He smiled.

“Then how are you so rich? I mean no offense, but this is a really small town and if you were like 60 and had worked this job for like 40 years then I’d understand but you’re like, how old?” I said. He laughed at my confusion. I laughed a little too realizing what I just said and how I sounded.

“You’re funny.” He smiled. “I’m 26 and I’m not sure how you don’t know this, but 4 months before you came, there was a massive bush fire. Families lost other family members and their belongings and as you could imagine, losing your home and family members can be a horror movie come true. So I came here looking for a job and I got one and as soon as I did, I had about 5 clients already. They still see me to this very day and very thankful. I honestly don’t know how I have so much money. I do not mean to be greedy.” He said. I was stunned. Why don’t I know about this? It’s been nearly a month and I don’t know about this?

“Wow.” I said. I had no idea what to say. It was just shocking.

“I was shocked too when I found out. Such a small and innocent town.” He said. “Anyway, tell me about you.” He smiled.

“Um, me? Well there is nothing really…” I said looking around the room.

“Well tell me where you’re from.” He said.

“New York.” I said. He looked at me in surprise.

“New York? What the bloody hell are you doing here then?” He asked. I can’t tell him the truth.

“I am visiting my family.” I said. He smiled.

“Oh, yes that’s right. The Shannon family.” He smiled and I nodded.

“Well that is interesting. Where do you work?” He asked. Oh crap.

“I um, give singing lessons.” I lied smoothly. Well done Nicki!

“Really? You’d have to show me one day.” He said. I take that back. I flashed a quick smile and drank some of my water.

After dinner Derrick drove me home in another silent car ride. We stopped just outside the house.

“I really enjoyed tonight. Thank-you for coming.” He said grabbing my hand and kissing it like a true gentlemen. I blushed bright red. Lucky it was dark or he would’ve seen.

“I had fun too.” I smiled.

“When will I see you again?” He asked.

“Um, hopefully soon.” I said. He smiled.

“Well I hope you have a good rest of the night and a good night’s sleep.” He said.

“You too. Goodnight.” I said and opened the door to get out of the car.

“Goodnight Nicki.” He smiled. I shut the door and waved at him as he drove off down the road. I walked up the path and the front door opened. Landon was standing there with his fists clenched and Summer was right behind him, looking mas as ever. He then turned and left. Summer looked at me with a dirty look.

“Have fun sleeping outside tonight, Nicki.” She said and closed the door and locked it.

“Guys, this isn’t fair!” I said banging on the door. No reply. “It was only dinner! God get over it!” I shouted. Still no answer. Bob and Terry were out for the night. I was screwed. I sat on the step and took my high heels off. I looked at my purse and found a card, then I clicked. Derrick had given me his number. I pulled out the phone I got given to me for emergencies only. This is an emergency! I am Nicki Minaj and I am not sleeping outside. I rang the number and he picked up straight away.

“Hi, Derrick, It’s Nicki. Um, Landon and Summer found out that I had dinner with you and has locked me outside for the night and will not let me back in. Could you please come pick me up?”  I asked.

“They’re just jealous. I’m on my way now.” He said.

“Thanks.” I said and hung up. I waited for Derrick in the cold and I started to shiver then I seen the car lights. I got up and walked over to the car and got in.

“You must be freezing. Here.” He said taking off his jacket and placing it over my shoulders.

“Thank-you.” I mumbled.

“Bloody kids.” He said under his breath. The car ride was silent until we arrived at his house. It was a cozy white house and was a double story. He helped me inside and sat me down on the couch.

“I’ll go make some tea and get some blankets.” He said and he was gone. I stared at the walls of the lounge room and all the beautiful pictures. It was amazing. This on picture caught my eye and I got up to go have a look at it. It was Derrick with a beautiful woman with blue eyes and blonde hair. He had his arm wrapped around her waist and she seemed to be laughing. I smiled. Derrick come into the room with blankets and some pj’s.

“Who’s this?” I asked pointing at the picture with him and the woman in it. He looked at it and I could see it upset him. Before he spoke interrupted him by saying “You don’t have to tell me if it makes you upset.” I said. He smiled.

“No, it’s okay. I want to tell you.” He smiled. “That is my girlfriend, Jennifer. She died in a car accident on her way to see me. A drunk truck driver was driving in the wrong lane and Jenny was going around a bend, only to run into a truck. She died instantly. It makes me feel better that she didn’t feel it.” He said sounding so remorse. My heart broke for this man. I don’t get how he is an asshole. He is no asshole. He is just a sad man mourning the death of his beloved girlfriend who he clearly loved a lot.

“That is terrible. I’m so sorry to hear.” I said.

“It is quiet alright. It’s been 2 years now.” He said. With nothing else to say I sat back down on the couch. “Do you want to see your bedroom?” He asked.

“Yes please.” I said. “Thank-you so much for letting me stay here.” I said.

“You’re most certainly welcome.” He said smiling, of course. We walked upstairs and showed me a room that was decorated with flowers. He put the clothes and blankets on my bed and went to walk out. “I hope this is okay?” He asked.

“It’s more than okay.” I said. “Thank-you, I am so grateful for this.” I said.

“It’s okay; I’d gladly do it any day for you.” He said. I tried my hardest not go beetroot red but I don’t think it worked. “We shall talk more in the morning because I am heading off to bed. Goodnight Nicki.” He smiled.

“Goodnight Derrick.” I smiled as he closed the door. I got dressed and got into the nice warm bed and got comfortable. Tomorrow is going to be hell facing those two. I don’t know why they hate him so much? I shrugged it off and fell asleep instantly. 

Continue Reading