Chapter Fourteen

So sorry this is so late! I have writers block and so much homework to do so that's why it is shorter than usualy but hopefully i can try and keep up with my work and write. Enjoy! x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen

I woke up next to Derrick snoring in bed. The sun was bright and it hurt my eyes. I looked at the time and seen it was 9:00am. Shit. I was supposed to go see Summer. I got out of bed and looked for my clothes. I find them over on the chair. I quickly put my underwear on and bra on and then my dress from yesterday on. Yes, we did. We went that far and I am not ashamed either. It was the best time I had in a while.

“Where are you going?” A sleepy Derrick asked.

“I said I was going to go visit Summer in hospital this morning and I totally forgot.” I said staring at him in bed. His scruffy hair was even more scruffy and his chest had a little bit of hair over it which made him look very sexy.

“What? Hospital?” He asked shocked. “Is everything alright?” He asked sitting up.

“No, not really. Summer miscarried at the house yesterday and the ambulance took her to Melbourne.” I said.

“Would you like me to drive you?” He asked.

“I don’t know if that would be a good idea…” I said.

“Nonsense.”

“Okay, if you really want to.” I said. He smiled and got out of bed. He was nude. His bare butt was looking at me and my eyes were glued. Nicki, stop it. That butt is not good for you and you know it but I could not help myself. I had to stare. It was perfect. He quickly got dressed and we went down stairs. We left straight away since I was supposed to be there early in the morning. We stopped and got breakfast on the way and I looked out the window at the country side. I have never seen so much space in my life.

“There is so much space out here.” I said.

“I know. There is a lot but yet it is owned. It’s not free.” Derrick said.

“What? Like some farmer owns it?” I ask.

“Not necessarily. More like the Government.” He said.

“That’s not fair.” I said.

“Yeah but sometimes life isn’t fair.” He said smiling at me.

“Yeah, you’re right.” I said.

“So when are you heading back home?” He asked. Does he want me to go? He got what he wanted so now I have to leave?

“I’m not sure, why?” I asked wearily.

“No reason. Don’t you miss your family?” He asked.

“Yes, of course I do.” I said.

“Oh. Are you coming back after you leave?” He asked. What’s with all the questions?

“If I can then yes.” I said.

“Good, I hope so. I would love to take you out to dinner again.” He smiled. I blushed and tried to hide my face but he knew. He knows what he does to me. 

The drive took ages and we finally arrived at the hospital.

“Well we’re here.” He said.

“Thank-you.” I smiled at him.

“No worries.” He said. “Do you want me to come pick you up?” He asked.

“Aren’t you coming in?” I asked.

“No, I better not disturb you all.” He smiled.

“Okay then. I don’t know. I’ll ring you okay?” I said.

“Yeah sure. I want to make tea for you tonight; will you be back before then?” He asked. He is so friggen sweet.

“I don’t want to be home too late so it’ll be before tea.” I said.

“Okay. Have a good day.” He said.

“You too.” I smiled. He leant over and kissed me and I kissed him back and got out of the car. I waved him goodbye as he drove off down the road. I put my black hood over my head and my sun glasses on so people won’t recognize me. I walked in and went to the reception desk.

“Hello, can I know the room number of Summer Shannon?” I asked. The old lady just looked at me and continued to chew her gum like a cow. Yuck. Seriously.

“Are you family?” She asked.

“She’s a family friend.” It was Landon.

“Okay, you may go through.” She said. I smiled at her and walked over to Landon but I didn’t look at him. I couldn’t. He hurt me so much last night with what he said to me. We walked down the corridor in silence and he stopped midway.

“I saw you out there with Derrick. Kissing him in the car.” He said looking down at the ground.

“So?” I asked.

“You promised. I trusted you!” He shouted.

“Well you broke that trust when you blamed all of this on me! Grow up Landon! I’m an adult and I don’t have to listen to you!” I said hastily to him. He just death glared me and I did so back. “You don’t own me and you never will.” I said. He stopped glaring at me. He looked hurt. What did I say? He walked up the corridor a bit more and stopped at a door.

“There. There is Summer. Now piss off.” He said glaring at me once again.

“Fuck you.” I spat nastily at him and walked to open the door and walked into the room. Summer was asleep in bed and Terry was sleeping at her side. Bob was sleeping on the chair. I looked at Landon and he was staring at his feet so I shut the door behind me and sat down quietly. Terry woke immediately and looked at me.

“Oh, it’s you Nicki.” Terry said.

“Sorry to wake you.” I said.

“No that’s okay dear.” She smiled. “I need to grab something to eat.” She said. “Would you like anything?” She asked.

“No thank-you.” I smiled.

“Okay. Do you know where Landon is?” She asked.

“Outside the room I think.” I said.

“Okay. You look upset. Are you okay?” She asked.

“Yeah I’m fine. How about you?” I asked nicely. Honestly no, I am not fine. I’m hurt and angry.

“Alright. Yeah I am okay. Just shocked still I guess.” She said sadly.

“Well take your time to get better. It’s going to take a while.” I said. She looked at me blankly like I have been through this, which I have. Just not like Summer. I choose to let go of my baby. Summer didn’t. “I got an abortion at 15 because people told me I was too unfit to be a mother yet.” I said.

“Oh really? I didn’t know that. I’m sorry to hear.” She said surprised.

“That’s okay.” I smiled.

“Well if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me.” She said. I smiled at her.

“Thank-you so much.” I said. She smiled and then left the room. I couldn’t help but let a few tears escape. A lot of the times, there is the bad person that makes you feel like shit but there is always the good person who cheers you up.