Black Lightning: Overload

By kamjaxson

In this story Jeff, Jenn, & Anissa race against the clock to track down their team and bring them back safe... More

Chapter 1: Holey Moley
Chapter 2: The New Discovery
Chapter 3: The Last Favor
Chapter 4: Night of the Living Controllers
Chapter 5: Survival of the Powerless
Chapter 6: The Interrogation
Chapter 7: The Book Of Elements ~ Fire & Ice
Chapter 8: The Book Of Elements ~ Earth As A Person
Chapter 9: The Book Of Elements ~ Recharged
Chapter 10: The Book of Second Epiphanies
Chapter 11: The Book of War ~ Part 1
Chapter 12: The Book of War ~ Part 2
Chapter 14: The Hostages ~ Part 1
Chapter 15: The Hostages ~ Part 2
Chapter 16: Jenn Overloaded
Chapter 17: Guess Who's Back?
Chapter 18: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 19: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 20: Finale ~ Part 3
New Book Alert!!!!!!

Chapter 13: Back To Life

93 7 0
By kamjaxson

Jeff walks back to join the Team.

"Ok gang listen up, TC is still out there, but until he shows himself you all can go back to your normal lives", Jeff says.

"Normal lives, we don't have a life outside of this team", Erica says.

"Actually you all do", Jeff says handing out packets, "Jennifer, Brandon, Dionte, & Erica you all have a senior year you have to complete".

"Is there a different option", Jenn says.

"No", Lynn says.

"Starting Monday, you all have to be to class", Jeff says.

"But I was in 11th Grade I only had 3 years left", Dionte says.

"And that's why you're going to school, cause you only had 1 year to go not 3", Jeff says.

"What about me and Grace, No point in going back to school, they'll fire us", Anissa says.

"Anissa you and Grace will work in Lynn's facility", Jeff says.

They both nod.

"So everybody, go home and get some rest, cause starting Monday, you're going back to real life", Jeff says.

Everyone gets up and walks out of the door. Khalil falls back. He walks up to Jeff.

"What bout me?", Khalil asks.

"What about you?", Jeff says.

"What do you mean, you didn't give me a task?", Khalil asks confused.

"I mean, what do you want to do with your life?", Jeff says.

"Mr. Pierce, I really don't need a Principal Talk right now", Khalil says.

"That's cool, cause I'm not giving you a principal talk, I'm talking to you man to man", Jeff says, "So I'll ask again, what do you want to do with your life?".

"I want to start my own company", Khalil says.

"Doing what?", Jeff says.

"Distributing", Khalil says.

"Legally or Illegally", Jeff asks.

"Does it matter", Khalil asks.

"Yes", Jeff says sternly.

"Legally", Khalil says.

"Doing what?", Jeff asks.

"I said distributing", Khalil says.

"Drugs?", Jeff asks.

"No, I want to help people, I want to distribute jobs, kind of like an employment office", Khalil says.

"Well without a Diploma or a Degree, You're not getting no where", Jeff says.

"What are you trying to say?", Khalil asks.

"There's always an open seat down at Garfield, now you missed some time, so you're gonna have to repeat your Senior Year, but you're smart, you can do it", Jeff says handing Khalil a school packet.

"Thanks, Mr. Pierce", Khalil says turning and walking out.

The next week, Jenn, Brandon, Dionte, & Erica meet in front of the school.

"This seems weird", Dionte says.

"What?", Jenn asks.

"I'm technically 24, I just look 17, why am I going back to school, I mean I would have graduated the next year when I turned 18 anyways it's been 4 whole years since I've been to school.", Dionte says.

"You just answered you own question as to why you're going back to school, it's been 6 years", Erica says rolling her eyes.

"Whatever", Dionte says, "It's still weird".

"Look when we go in here, shit's gonna get real, relationships will be tested, you might get hurt, you might have a target on your back anything", Jenn says.

"Babe, this is high school, not the military", Brandon says grabbing her hand.

"Anyways, we need to have each others back, and stick together", Jenn says.

"Agreed, like a pack", Brandon says,

Dionte and Erica nod in agreement as they turn around and walk to the school.

"Can I join the pack?", a voice says.

They turn around to see Khalil standing behind them in a bookbag.

"Wow Khalil, you haven't looked like this in a while", Jenn says.

"yeah your dad sent over school uniforms to wear", Khalil says.

"You look stupid bro", Dionte says.

"Man we have on the same thing", Khalil says laughing.

"What are you gonna tell people, who thought you were dead?", Erica asks.

"We'll just say he faked his own death", Jenn says.

"No that's crazy, I'll say they had the wrong guy", Khalil says.

"Ooo that sounds much better", Jenn says.

They turn and walk toward the school. All eyes are on Khalil.

"WHAT YOU NEVER SEEN SOMEBODY, FAKE THEY'RE OWN DEATH BEFORE", Jenn yells at them.

"Really?", Khalil says.

Jenn shrugs her shoulders. The bell rings. Brandon, Khalil, and Erica go to Math, while Jenn and Dionte head to gym. Over at the Lab, Grace and Anissa walk in to see Lynn looking inside a telescope.

"What you doing mom?", Anissa asks.

"Well for a while, I've been trying to understand, how you got super strength from your dad and not lightning like your sister", Lynn says.

"And how are you gonna figure that out", Grace asks.

"By looking at their blood samples", Lynn says.

"How did you get our blood samples", Anissa asks.

"It's not hard, if you fight hard like y'all do, you get out a lot of blood, you guys are like a walking blood bank", Lynn says.

"That's nasty", Anissa says.

"Um, so what can we do?", Grace asks.

"You both can go to Lab C, and help Dr. Parker", Lynn says.

Anissa and Grace exchange a look.

"Dr. Parker?", Anissa asks.

"Yeah you know her?", Lynn asks finally looking up.

"I'm about to find out", Anissa says walking out.

Back at the School, the gang meets up  by the lockers.

"I swear man, if one more person, looks at me like I'm a ghost, I might lose it", Khalil says.

"Keep it together, we only have 1 more class left", Jenn says.

"Where you heading Bae?", Brandon asks.

"Powers in Humanity 101", Jenn says.

"Really, so am I", Brandon says.

"Me too", Erica says.

Dionte and Khalil both have the class as well.

"Well this should be fun", Jenn says.

When they get in the class they are the first ones there. Once the bell rings, they realize they're the only ones in the class. The teacher walks in and sits on the desk.

"Welcome Class, to Powers in Humanity 101", the teacher says. "My name is Mrs. Harp, any questions?"

"Yes, where's the rest of the class", Jenn asks.

"You're looking at it", the teacher says.

"That's weird", Brandon says.

"What's this class about", Dionte asks.

"Powers.......In Humanity", the teacher says.

"Who's?", Erica says.

"You 5", the teacher says pressing her neck, morphing into TC.

They all stand up and square up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 146 25
This story will follow Jennifer Pierce (Lightning) and Anissa Pierce (Thunder) as they protect the city of Freeland from new threats. With the help o...
985 90 22
This book will follow Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) as he goes back to protecting Freeland against 2 New Drug Cartels ran by Meta Humans. While...
4K 59 14
It's been quite a peaceful life now for the Bad Guys with their families. Their kids have reached the age for their powers activated. Now they have t...
1.2K 77 20
Following the events in Book 1, the Outsiders try to navigate life, while protecting Freeland from a Anti-Government known as the Militia. All while...