We'll Get Though This Togethe...

By Capser76570

Ahsoka and Rex have been together for almost a year now, through many hard times like Umbara for instance. No... More

Rex's Fear
Under the Covers
Cody
In the Bacta
Relief
Injury
Med Bay
Confrontation
Tackle
Mandalore
Getting to the Palace
Ahsoka vs Maul
Calm Before the Storm
Order 66
Trying to Escape
Escape
Arguement
Making Up
The Plan
Coruscant
Chancellor Palpatine
The Missile
Recovery
The Child
Sparring Match
Formation of a Plan
Kamino Pt1
Kamino Pt2
Kamino Pt3
Leaving Kamino
Survivor
Leaving the Med Center
The Picture
Whatever it Takes
Crossfire
Heroes
Affection
The Separatist Senator
The Party
Truth Serum
Plan for Escape
Leaving
Home Sweet Home
Feeling Better
Sneaking Around
Glitter
Blades
The Dare
The Briefing
Preparing
Mygeeto
Darkness
Trauma
Light
Better Days
The News
Mess Hall
Crash
Taking a Plunge
The Woods
The Cabin
The Gurlanin
Fights
Going Back
Back on the Cruiser
Growing Pains
Back to Coruscant
Adoration
Preparations
Hello There
General Grievous
Just Breathe
A Little Bit of Love
Here and Now
Cybernetics
Battle of Coruscant
Doom
Highs and Lows
Nearing the End
Finale
Epilogue
New Book

Choices

1K 32 19
By Capser76570

Rex took a small peek at his chrono. Of course he was finally tired when it was time to get up. He contemplated getting up, but decided against it. He needed sleep so he wouldn't tear everyone's heads off if they did one simple thing wrong. He pulled the sheet closer to his body and he felt Ahsoka stir next to him. She looked at her chrono too and turned off the alarm before it went off. She slowly sat up and rubbed at her eyes tiredly. Rex was lying on his side with his back to her and she smirked, he always slept in.

Ahsoka swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. She put her arms above her head and stretched, letting out a tiny sigh and putting her arms back at her sides as she turned to face Rex. The blanket was up so far it was just above the top of his ear. If they weren't cuddling while sleeping, he either had the blanket how it was now, or his head was under the pillow, and she never figured out why.

"Rex?" She asked quietly and saw him stir a tad, "Rex, d'bhem, it's time to get up,"

He let out a soft groan, "No,"

She smirked and gingerly sat down next to him. She pulled back the covers a tad and kissed his head, "Yes,"

"Twelve more hours?"

"Wha— no. How about two seconds?"

He shook his head and grumbled a bunch of words. Ahsoka chuckled, "Rex, I know you're not a morning person, but you need to get up. We might get a new assignment and you don't wanna go in an op or briefing room all disheveled because you were running late,"

Rex groaned, "Fine," he rolled to his back and sat up.

"Y'know, if this is gonna become a habit, maybe I should just hit you with a pillow to wake you up,"

He slowly looked over at her, "How 'bout you don't,"

"You have to get ready for training, remember?"

"How could I forget?" He rubbed at his eyes tiredly, "Could you make me ten cups of caf?"

"Uh, no. Make 'em yourself, also, you should probably make only one cup,"

He made an incoherent grunt and forced himself to get out of bed. His feet touch the floor and he stood up, his side hurt whenever he'd move in a certain way. Ahsoka inhaled, "Ooh, Rex. You got a pretty good bruise, where'd you get that?"

So that's why his side hurt. He looked down at his left side and saw a big bruise that was at the bottom of his ribs. He put pressure on it with his fingers to see how much it hurt. Ow. Rex didn't want to tell Ahsoka she had elbowed him so incredibly hard two nights ago he thought someone was attacking him, so he just said, "Uh, training," he didn't want to make her feel bad about causing a painful mark.

She looked at him with disbelief for a fraction of a second and shrugged, "Okay. If you say so,"

Kriff, she knows I'm lying, he thought. He knew he couldn't lie to save his life, and he wondered how many people questioned when he said something that wasn't the truth. He walked around the bed to Ahsoka's side and she stood up, "Go get ready, I'll make you one cup of caf,"

He smirked, "Okay,"

He grabbed a pair of blacks and he quickly stripped down and put on the body suit. He didn't like wearing just the suit since it left him feeling very exposed, so he quickly put on the bottom half of his armor.

Ahsoka walked over to him with a cup and she handed it to him. Rex nodded his thanks and he lightly blew on the steaming drink. She went to go get ready as well and he took a sip of the caf. He set it on the bedside table and put on the rest of his armor and finished getting ready.

Ahsoka was done too and grabbed his cup off the table. She held it to her nose and took a whiff of it, blech, it smelled bad. She wondered how Rex drank this stuff, but maybe it tasted better than it smelled. She took a glance around and saw he had his back to her so she put the rim of the mug to her lips a took a sip. Ew, no, how does he drink this? She heard a chuckle from across the room and she turned and saw Rex smiling at her. Ahsoka set the mug back on the table and she walked up to him, "That stuff is absolutely terrible,"

"Yeah, well, if I don't drink at least two cups I'll murder everybody around me. Okay, so I need to go supervise everyone while training— stang, I need to go now," he swiftly grabbed his helmet and was about to walk out the door when Ahsoka cleared her throat.

"You're forgetting a few things," she said with a hand on her hip.

Rex turned around and smirked. She handed him his caf and he quickly chugged it down, much to her disgust. He handed the glass back to her and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Uuu, Rex, you don't taste very good,"

He nearly choked, "Sorry, it's not my fault you don't like my caf," he kissed her forehead this time and he headed to the door. He opened it up and took a quick glance around and gave a subtle thumbs up to Ahsoka, letting her know that no one was coming. He exited his quarters and walked down to the training area.

Ahsoka quickly grabbed what she needed and went out the door a few minutes after Rex did.

She was just about where she needed to go meet up with Anakin, but he called her just as she reached the destination.

"Ahsoka,"

"Yes?"

"I'm in a small meeting at the moment, so we'll cancel. I'll comm you when I'm done,"

She sighed, "Okay,"

"Skywalker out,"

Great. Just great. She walked halfway across the ship for nothing. She turned back and decided to take a walk around, even though she knew where everything was and where all the good hiding places were.

Ahsoka heard a jumble of shouts and cheers coming from the training room. She raised a face marking and went to investigate. She opened the door and her eyes widened. Many clones from the 501st and 212th were playing some sort of game she didn't recognize. Each clone had what looked like a metal stick or rod in their hand and they were chasing after a ball made out of a hard material. They'd hit it with the poles and send the ball flying into a makeshift goal.

The ball was now in the middle of the arena and the clones all huddled around it, trying to hit it. It was mad chaos and Ahsoka grimaced when she saw a clone get hit in the shin with one of the metal sticks. Why weren't they wearing any protection or armor? She noticed a flash of of something light colored and realized it was Rex's blond hair. He was always pretty easy to spot in a crowd, his hair drew a lot of attention, even if it was buzzed short. Everyone was sweaty and even had cuts and most likely bruises forming, but both of those were nothing out of the ordinary.

"Look out!" Came a loud voice.

Ahsoka looked up and gasped. The ball was flying towards her face so she ducked, and since the door was still open, it went out into the hallway. The swarm of clones came charging after it, and she was the only thing that stood between them and the ball. She quickly exited the room and pressed her back against the wall. The clones ran out into the hall and tried to get the ball back in the training room, but it was way too hectic.

"Hey," came a strong voice from ahead of the clones, "You started without me?" Ahsoka recognized it as Cody.

Rex's head popped up from the mob of brothers, "You play rough, and you are a lot better at this than we are. Plus, it's not the first time you've missed a game,"

"What?"

"Ooh, nothing," he dissolved into the mass of men.

She heard Cody let out a low growl and he quickly tossed his helmet above his brothers and into the training room. He stole a stick from a clone that was near him and he cleared a path to the ball. He managed to flick it up in the air and he hit it like he was playing baseball, causing it to fly over everyone's heads and back into the room. He handed the stick back to the clone and walked over to Ahsoka. The clones filed back into the room and the game resumed.

He leaned against the wall next to her, "Crazy, right?"

"Yeah," she chuckled, "Why do you guys play it?"

"For fun mainly. But we also do it because it helps the teams communicate with each other. Like calling the ball or even ordering around each other. On the plus side, it gives me an excuse to accidentally whack Rex with a metal rod,"

She smirked, "'Accidentally?' Also, do you really need an excuse?"

"Mm, good point,"

"Get in there, I wanna see how well you play,"

He chuckled, "Ima whoop everyone's shebse," he started to jog into the room when he remembered Ahsoka didn't like swearing so he looked over his shoulder and shrugged, "Sorry not sorry,"

She smirked to herself. She found it crazy how Cody was all stern when he's on duty, but when he's not on a mission, he can be extremely casual. She walked into the room and watched as he grabbed a rod and entered the game. She saw Rex's expression drop at the sight of his brother, but determination soon took over.

Her comm beeped and she quickly pressed the button, "Ahsoka here,"

"Ahsoka, it's Anakin. Rex with you?"

"He's not next to me, no,"

"I've tried his comm but he wasn't picking up, anyway, just picked up two new missions. We have the option to pick which one we want, I'll give you more details when you come. Bring Rex will you?"

"Okay, will do. Ahsoka out,"

Ahsoka decided there was no way she was going to intervene the intense game, so she used the Force to call Rex's metal stick into her hand. It hit her hand with a loud slap and she gripped it. His confused gaze led him to her and she moved a finger, come here. He nodded and quickly jogged over to her, panting a little, "What is it?"

"Anakin needs us," she readjusted her grip on the rod and cringed, "Ewww, why's it all sticky?"

He grinned, "Do you really wanna know?"

"....no."

"What's he need us for?"

"We get to pick our mission— Oh Force, you're gonna need patched up later," he had cuts on his hands and red marks too, "Now go get your armor back,"

He stood at attention and gave a mock salute, then turned and jogged over to the pile of his things.

After he came out of the 'fresher with all his armor back in place, he told Cody he was in charge and walked back over to Ahsoka. He nodded at her and they headed down to the briefing room.

They got to the room and entered, Anakin and Obi-Wan were in there on either side of the holotable.

"So," Ahsoka said, "You said we have our choice on a mission,"

Rex and her got to the holotable and Anakin nodded, "We can go to Carlac for a mission, or...."

"Or what?"

He sighed, "Tatooine,"

Ahsoka smirked, "We should go there,"

Rex shook his head, "Clearly you haven't tried to get sand out of armor and gear. It is a pain in the shebs and it sucks. Last time I went to a desert planet I had sand in everything for forever. Plus it somehow ends up inside the undersuit, which is annoying. It's just such a nuisance, and it's rough and irritating. Point is, we are not going to Tatooine,"

"Finally!" Anakin walked over and patted Rex on the back, "Finally some one who is sensible about sand. Isn't it horrible?"

"....yes?" Rex was a bit confused. Was he not aware of something?

"Like you said, it's course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere,"

Rex slowly nodded, "Yeah, that just about sums it up,"

"Great, so it's decided. Carlac it is,"

Ahsoka crossed her arms, "But I don't like Carlac,"

Anakin turned to Obi-Wan, "Tie breaker. If we choose Carlac, the two-twelfth will get Tatooine. Do you agree?"

"Well," Kenobi said, "The color of my men's' armor would be a better choice for—,"

"Yes or no. Can we go to Carlac?"

"Yes,"

"Ha ha, yes! I'm so glad we're not going to kriffing Tatooine,"

Ahsoka didn't want to go to Carlac. That was where she and Lux.... well, she didn't like thinking about it. But that kiss played on replay throughout her head and she instantly cleared it out. She wanted to get this mission over with, "So, why are we going and what's the plan?" She asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 323 13
During a mission on Hays Minor that goes absolutely haywire, a very injured Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 212th's Marshall Commander Cody are trapped in a c...
11.4K 203 31
Some Ahsoka and her family one shots, I like to use the AU where order 66 didn't happen and Anakin didn't turn. Lots of fluff and platonic cuddles :...
13.3K 233 8
Good soldiers don't always follow orders. Especially when it comes down to love. "Rex..." Ahsoka whispered playfully as she tossed around a headtail...
1.4K 30 11
Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano receive a destress signal from Duchess Satine Kryse of Mandalore saying that she had been overthrown...