Yuno x Reader||Competition

By yuri-chin

⚠️!!SEMI-SLOWBURN!!⚠️ According to legend, when an owner of a five-leaf clover grimoire defeats the demon tha... More

Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
Authors note.
5.
7.
8.
9.
! discontinued :(

6.

4.1K 124 84
By yuri-chin

I know that this isn't their first mission in the anime. I needed this extra chapter to add to your background :)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"The two of you will be going to a village named Nagiso in the common realm. Apparently, crops have been going missing and things have been getting stolen. I want you to work together to find out the cause and put a stop to it. There have also been some wild boards running around so, dispose of them if you see any," Captain Vangeance explained as we continued to follow him. "Your top priority is to make sure that the citizens are safe. Do you understand?" he stopped in front of a double door with golden print designs covering it.

"Yes, sir," Yuno and I responded in unison.  "Alright then, Klaus will accompany you on your mission and show you where the village is located. I'm counting on you," the captain turned around, facing us with a small smile plastered on his face. He gave us a dismissal nod before turning back around and swinging the double-door open, exposing his spacious office chamber. As the door closed behind him, Yuno and I began to make our way back to where Klaus and Naila once were.

"I guess we're together on our first mission, huh?" I smiled cheekily at the ravenette, lightly nudging his arm with my elbow. "I guess we are," he side-eyed me as we continued to walk. Yuno almost always had the same expressionless look on his face. "Oh, come on! Be a little more excited, will you?!" I whined, jumping in front of him. He came to a halt. [E/c] and amber clashed as our eyes connected. My eyes slightly narrowed. "Are you not happy that we're in the same squad?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds. "Boke," he put a hand on my waist, pushing me aside so he could walk away. My eyes went wide at the sudden contact and force. I was dumbfounded. Before I knew it, Yuno was about to turn a corner. "Hey! you didn't answer my question, you handsome jerk!" I mentally slapped myself, running to the ravenette's side.

He sighed, not bothering to look at me. Suddenly, I feel minimum pressure on my head. I look up at Yuno, who was softly patting my head. "You really are such an idiot sometimes," he had a stoic look on his face. "Wow, thanks," I scoffed, crossing my arms as I looked away. I pursed my lips in annoyance.

"Your welco-"

"Oi! hurry up, we have to get going!" an annoyingly familiar voice interrupted Yuno, causing me to look in the direction of where the voice came from. Standing beside the door to the exit was none other than our senior, Klaus.

"Yeah yeah, we're coming," I smiled, waving at my senior.

"Tch, I never agreed to this." He huffed as he turned his head to look the other way.

Once we got to where Klaus stood. He led us outside, where he cast a spell that seemed to manipulate steel to turn into a chariot. It had a unique design to it. We got on, and the chariot began to levitate. I held onto Yuno's arm for support as it ascended higher above the ground. The chariot started moving in the direction of the village.

-Time skip- (Kinda intense on your part ^^)

After an hour or two of flying through the air, we finally made it near the village of Nagiso. The steel vanished beneath our feet. The trees rattled as the wind blew past them. "We'll be staying in the village for as long as we find and catch the convicts, don't let your guard down. Stay close," I trailed behind Klaus and Yuno as we advanced carefully through the forest. Something didn't feel right.  It was almost impossible to see through the ghostly fog that enveloped it. The temperature continuously dropped. A cold chill ran down the back of my spine as we advanced.

"Klaus-senpai...something doesn't feel right-" I managed to say something before my eyes went round. I felt a familiar presence along with an immense amount of mana coming from ahead of us. The silhouette of a tall, slender figure emerged from the fog. I froze, seeing that one of its eyes were glowing red.

Suddenly, small whispers echoed in my head, followed by a gut-wrenching scream of a woman.  It was excruciatingly painful to listen to.  I scrunched my face as more screams echoed. My knees felt weak, making me fall on them. I gripped my hands over my ears in an attempt to tune out the unbearable noises. "Make it stop,"  I let out a small whimper. My grip tightened against my ears as I closed my eyes shut. I felt a burning sensation in between my shoulder blades.

I opened one of my eyes to look up. I saw both Yuno and Klaus staring down at me with wide eyes. It felt like time had slowed. It felt as if my heart was being ripped to shreds. I used one of my hands to grip my chest. Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. I bent forward, pressing my palms to the damp dirt. I screamed in pain as I sobbed with the force of a person vomiting on all fours, feeling nauseated. Images of the woman and the man from my dream popped into my head, along with an unknown being. My head pounded as my entire body shuddered uncontrollably. The screams overlapped with each other, making it more unbearable than it already was. I continuously slammed my fist into the ground as I felt a warm liquid stream down my face from my ears. All of a sudden, the world went ghost-quiet. No screaming, no whispering, no tune, no nothing. It was pitch black. Did I blackout?

Yuno's pov:

I felt an immense amount of mana. A silhouette of a tall figure emerged from the fog. I looked into its red eyes. Unease slithered down my spine. I gripped my grimoire in my hand, ready to attack if needed. Klaus carefully made his way beside me. His grimoire was already opened. Unexpectedly, I hear a loud thud coming from behind. '[Y/n].' I whipped my head around. I saw [Y/n] on her knees with one eye opened, staring back at me. My eyes went wide as my childhood friend broke down into tears, screaming on all fours. Blood seeped out of her ears as she continuously slammed her fist into the ground. Her movements got slower. She eventually collapsed on her side.

My body felt paralyzed at the moment. I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth. I turned my head towards the figure, narrowing my eyes at the tall man that was now visible. The man had a red pentagram on his forehead. He was only a couple of steps away from us now. Klaus ran to [Y/n]'s side, holding her unconscious body in his arms.

"Who are you? And what did you do to [Y/n]?" I scowled, glaring at the mysterious man. He smirked as he leaned against a tree. "No one of importance. For now," he crossed his arms. "It was just an order from my king to prepare her."

"What do you mean by 'prepare her'? Prepare her for what and why?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

"Wai-"

With that, the man snapped his fingers and vanished. I cussed underneath my breath before turning to Klaus and [Y/n]. I advanced to where Klaus stood, holding onto [Y/n]'s unconscious form. A frown spread across my face as I got closer. My senior was looking to the side. It was clear that he was trying to hide his face so I wouldn't see it. "We should get to the village so we can investigate," Klaus murmured. I nodded as he began to walk in the direction of the village. Who or what was that? And what did he mean by preparing [Y/n]? King? What kind of a relation does he have with her? Is she even safe? Why do I even care so m-

"Yuno."  I snapped out of my thoughts, seeing that Klaus was far ahead of me. "Are you coming?" my senior spoke. "Gomen," I nodded, catching up to him.

-Later-

Reader's pov:

My eyes fluttered open. I looked down, only to see a fluffy white blanket. My eyes darted around the room, observing the brick walls. Sitting up, I felt a sharp pain shoot up my spine. I grimaced. Ouch. What the hell happened? I rubbed my eyes, outstretching my arms as I let out a yawn. In the corner of my eye, I see a figure lying its head on the stiff bed. I look to the side. I was greeted by that of a sleeping Yuno, who had his head in his arms.

Yuno's eyes slightly opened. He rubbed his eyes before they connected with mine. I stared back at him, trying to remember what had happened before. My memory was hazy. It was all a blur. All I remember is that we're supposed to be on a mission.

"Where are we? and what happe-" I felt a throbbing headache developing beneath my temples. I winced, brows furrowed tightly with pain. I rested my head in my hands and began to rub my temples, trying to massage away the headache. An annoyed groan escaping my lips.

"We're in Nagiso. Before we got here, we ran into some guy with a red pentagram on his forehead in the forest. You were sobbing and screaming then you passed out," the ravenette explained bluntly. "...When I asked him what he did to you, he said that he was ordered to get you prepared. But he didn't explain what he meant... How are you feeling?"

Everything came back to me. The images that popped in my head, the screaming, the burning sensation, the tall figure, the cold temperature, everything. I felt a sense of dread come over me. Who or what was that bird-like creature?  What happened to me? What caused me to pass out? What was that burning sensation on my back? I didn't notice that I was gripping my blanket until Yuno put a hand on my shoulder. "[Y/n]. Are you alright?"

I snapped back into reality and looked up at the ravenette with a straight face. "Nothing to worry about," I struggled to force a smile. I looked around the room and realized that my senior was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Klaus-senpai?"

He sighed. "He went to investigate the village," Yuno took his hand off my shoulder.

"Oh," an uncomfortable silence filled the room. I studied the ravenette's face as he stared at me blankly. It was so hard for me to read him. "What?" he spoke, making me slightly flinch.

"Gomen, I trust you but..." I paused, thinking about what to say. I didn't know whether to tell him or not. It might be best to but, even I don't know what happened. I mean, I know what happened to me but, god knows what caused it in the first place.

"It's fine. You don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable." The ravenette stood up. His footsteps echoed as he walked to the wooden door. I was speechless. Part of me wanted to tell him but, the other doesn't want him to worry. I didn't want him to leave. "Wait!" I reached out for him before he got to the door. He stopped walking midway.

The ravenette didn't bother to turn around. He looked over his shoulder, boring his eyes into mine. "When I felt the familiar mana I-" before I could explain everything to him, the door opened. Standing there was Klaus. He cleared his throat before speaking. "Hello [Y/n], I see that you're awake," my senior looked towards me, making me lazily wave at him. "I think that bandits are stealing the village people's crops. It seems that some people may have spotted them, from the information that I've gathered. The peoples say that they only come at night. We'll be scaring them off tonight, for now, get some rest, you rookies. You'll need it."

Yuno and I nodded as Klaus slammed the door behind him. Yuno walked towards me, taking a seat on the wooden chair that he was seated on before. I let out a sigh. "As I was saying," I laid back on the bed, explaining everything to Yuno. I told him about my dream too. "I don't understand how or why it happened and or what caused it. I don't understand why their mana felt familiar. I don't know why I felt a burning sensation. The only thing I know for sure is that it has something to do with that pentagram guy."

The ravenette stayed silent for a moment. "I'm just glad you're okay. And I hope it stays that way...I guess," he looked away. My eyes softened at his words, bringing a smile upon my face as I sat up. "Aw, is Mr. Future Wizard King worried about me?" I teasingly pouted at him. "No," he was still looking away, but his ears were so red that it would put tomatoes to shame. "Stubborn as always," I chuckled softly.

-Nighttime-

I threw on my Golden Dawn robe before heading out of the building. I met up with Klaus and Yuno to discuss our plan. I stood beside my childhood friend as our senior explained the situation.

"[Y/n] are you okay to fight?" I tilted my head and raised a brow at the noble's words. Why is he asking me this? Klaus cleared his throat, pushing up his glasses. "I'm asking as your senior and not as a friend. I'm responsible for you rookies' safety...to my dismay."

I nodded before pursing my lips and looking away. "Sheesh, what a jerk. He's worse than Yuno," I mumbled underneath my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing Klaus-senpai!" I smiled innocently as my sweatdropped, waving my hands rapidly in panic. I laughed nervously.

The light-blue-haired senior narrowed his eyes at me before continuing his explanation. "You two will hide where the crops are stored. Then, we'll make our move when the bandits least expect it. I'll be standing in the open so lure them in and distract them. I'll give the two of you a signal for when you can come out of hiding. Tch. I don't even understand why I'm helping you, peasants. I never agreed to this mission but, it's captain's orders."

"We get it," I rolled my eyes. His attitude was getting on my nerves. "We know you won't accept 'peasants from the boonies' so easily in your squad. Tch, nobles."

He ignored my remark and pinched the bridge of his nose. He inhaled and exhaled deeply before speaking again. "Here, take these," Our senior handed Yuno and I  golden objects that were used to talk to one another from afar. "We'll use these for communication. Let's go. We have to be prepared for when they get here." Yuno and I nodded and got into hiding. I hid behind a stack of wheat, big enough to cover more than half of my body. I crouched down to where the wheat stack was to my eye level, staring at my senior from a distance. The cool wind grazed my skin as the sky was covered with dark velvety clouds. The only source of light that we had was the moonlight and the grimoires, making it difficult to see. My eyes darted around the place Klaus stood, trying to see if anyone was approaching.

After a few minutes of waiting, hooded figures with glowing grimoires emerged from the darkness of the woods. I watched intently as they approached my senior. I held the communication device near my mouth as I continued to watch. They surrounded Klaus' form. There were around 25 of them.

"A Magic Knight from the Golden Dawn, huh?" a deep voice said, followed by many unfamiliar laughter. "There's one of him and so many of us. There's no way that one mage could beat us. Even if he's from the Golden D-" 

I saw that Klaus brought the golden device near his mouth. I got into an uncomfortable stance. "Now!" my senior shouted into the device, signalling for Yuno and I to come out of our hiding places. I sprung over the wheat stack with my grimoire levitating beside me.

"Light Creation Magic: Bright Judgment Whip!" I manifest a long whip of light, which extends from my hand. I swing it in the direction of the hooded bandits, launching some of them into the air. Yuno and Klaus were both attacking them as well. A smile spread across my face. I've been craving combat ever since I joined the Golden Dawns. I mean, that was yesterday but still. Suddenly, I hear a loud yell from behind me. I turned around to attack, using my whip. Once the light connected with his body, he was rocketed into the air before dropping down face-first onto the ground.

"You know, you shouldn't yell when you're about to attack someone from behind," I deadpanned. "You remind me of a certain someone." I shook my head and sighed, as a memory of Asta popped up in my thoughts.

The remaining of the bunch that could still run, ran back into the woods yelling. "Retreat! Retreat!"

What pathetic little bandits, giving up so easily. Shame. That'll teach them not to underestimate Magic Knights. I sighed, letting my magic dissolve from my palms. Turning to Yuno and Klaus, I outstretched my arms. "I don't think they'll come back after that. I'm hungry and exhausted. Can we go back to the main part of the village?"

"I'll contact Captain Vangeance to let him know what happened," Klaus responded. "For now, we can head back to ensure the villagers' safety. Then we'll head back to base."

Yuno and I nodded in agreement.

That night, the village thanked us for scaring the bandits away and gave us a small feast before we went back to the base. Some unexpected events occurred but, it was still fun for a first mission. I laid in bed awake, thinking about what happened today. I still wondered who that man was or what he had to do with me. Before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

[A/n]: I'M SO SORRY FOR MAKING YOU GUYS WAIT!! I have school and I had writer's block for a bit. This chapter is just an extra and kind of has something to do with the reader's past. It'll make more sense the more you read it so don't worry

Next chapter, a new character will be introduced :) It's pretty obvious who it is if you've watched the anime. I'll try to make a schedule for when I publish a new chapter so you know when to expect something from me.

Thank you for over 700+ views and 120+ votes I thought this book would only get like 100 views and 5 votes LJKKDSDGU 😭😭

Also this chapter isn't proof read yet so I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes I feel like this chapter was bad. Imo I didn't put as much effort :,) but yeah- see y'all next chapter!!

word count: 3202

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 6.8K 15
𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚒𝚌 𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚕𝚎-𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚗𝚎...
213K 5K 39
Got a secret Can you keep it? Swear this one You'll save Better lock it In your pocket Taking this one To the grave If I show you Then I know you Wo...
30.9K 968 56
(Y/N) belongs to a long line of Demon Slayers who moved to America in an attempt to escape their life. But, (Y/N) is sent to train with Urokodaki-san...
338K 9.6K 24
1st place Hunter x Hunter Watty Award (Kurapika Kurta) winner of Spring 2017 Book 2: Our Story (Y/n)'s clan called Kurta was massacred... and she was...