just like me || remus lupin

By jodelivzz

π•Žπ•™π•ͺ π•”π•’π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖 π•™π• π•Ÿπ•–π•€π•₯ π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•žπ•–? π•Žπ• π•¦π•π•• π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕀π•₯𝕒π•ͺ π•šπ•— 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕀? :))))) A... More

hello :) (intros + casting)
partners? sweet.
author's note (more about cerise)
oh please, quit lying.
what would you use it on?
let's get out of here.
let me fix it for you?
just like me?
try to run and we'll kill you instead.
yeah... same.
suddenly i'm not hungry.
what's that supposed to mean?
screw fate.
when'd you two get so close?
whatcha waiting for, moony?
how many people have you told?
you're so stupid, moony.
stay here, you twat.
oh, this is just a load of bull.
just walk with me.
you owe me.
now, where is lupin?
i would have said yes.
Λšβœ§β‚ŠβŽ ACT 2 ⁎⁺˳✧༚
content isn't happy.
it didn't feel right.
everything's gonna change soon.
bloody hell!
cerise
hi griff.
bonus: till the end of time.
a/n

what are you so happy about?

10.3K 296 307
By jodelivzz

Just as Lily expected, Cerise was the last one to get ready out of all of them. She was also the last one to wake up this morning out of all of them. She crashed at some godly hour in the middle of the night and thought no one noticed, but Lily did. She just didn't have the heart to confront her about it. She also didn't have the courage to confront her about the awful smell that was omitted from her.

Cerise quickly cupped a handful of water and splashed it onto her face, not caring that her uniform (also the thing she went to sleep in), got drenched. She quickly changed out of the outfit and put on a sweater vest with a pair of baggy jeans. She attempted to tie her hair up but couldn't as she didn't realize how short her hair actually was. She sighed before quickly combing her hair and walking down to catch up with her fleeing roommates.

The girls talked about small things; boys, homework, clothing. All things Cerise was in fact interested in, but she felt too groggy to insert herself into the conversation. She did like how normal her friends were acting even after last night. It felt oddly refreshing. Her grouchiness partially faded away seeing her very best Slytherin friend walking down the halls looking spectacularly bored talking to some other Slytherins. She let go of Lily's arm and scurried over to her.

"Rosie!" Cerise said jumping up onto the poor Slytherin. They both toppled back with a few people around them snickering.

"Woah, Bug. Why are you in such a good mood?" Rosie said straightening herself up.

Cerise stumbled off the girl with a widened grin on her face. "Happy early birthday, silly!"

Rosie softly laughed. "Thanks, Bug. But you could've waited a day later for the big exclamation. People are staring, y'know." They both turned to see a bunch of other students watching them from afar, more specifically, the few Slytherins Rosie was originally walking with.

"Yeah, people also thought we were dating for at least four years, so who cares what they think." Cerise chuckled.

"Y'know, the offer for that rumor to come true is still available-," Cerise cut her off with a hand shoved into Rosie's face.

"You wish," Cerise joked as Rosie waved her hand away. "As I remember, you smelt a certain Gryffindor boy in your amortentia rather than moi," Cerise clenched the area of her sweater vest where her heart was and dramatically wept fake cries.

"Not true."

"Really?" Cerise smirked.

"Really," Rosie said before walking away from her towards the Great Hall. The Slytherins she originally was walking with annoyingly tapped their shoes a few feet away waiting for Rosie. Cerise saw them waiting but still decided to walk by her friend's side.

"Don't you have somewhere to be, Gryffindor?" One of the green-tied boys scolded. Cerise glanced up and recognized the boy's long black shaggy hair. She recognized his facial structure and immediately put a name to his face.

That name being Regulus Black.

"Yeah, right next to my friend over here so why don't you mind your business, Black?" Cerise coldly shot back.

Cerise used to be friendly with Regulus their first year but stopped once he developed his family's blood prejudice. Now, she gets all her information about him from Sirius, who constantly rants to her about his brother's antics. She was always thankful that Sirius turned out better than his family and rather than resenting Regulus, she felt almost sorry for him. At first glance, the hate in his eyes was the first thing you would see when you look at him, but as you look closer, you can see something different. Something scared. She just didn't care enough to figure out what.

The second Slytherin boy snickered. Cerise knew him to be Irving Rosier. "Why do you hang out with them, Rickison? It's starting to get a little embarrassing, don't you think? I mean, it's already bad you're a blood traitor but a wannabe Gryffindor? Now that's worse!" The boys laughed together while Rosie clenched her fists.

"Yeah, so funny, boys. Hilarious. How about I shove my foot right up your—,"

"Oh look it's Nearly Headless Nick!" Cerise awkwardly exclaimed pointing at the flying ghost coming down the hallway. As all of them turned to see the ghost, Cerise tugged onto Rosie's sleeve, letting her relax before she did anything irrational.

"Knew Rein was still a ditz. Remember that idiotic bug incident from third year? When you almost puked from a tiny little insect on you? Pathetic." Irving remarked making him and Regulus laugh. Cerise's first reaction was to jump them but was stopped by Rosie's hand on her shoulder. The boys stumbled back but attempted to play it off cool. Irving sniffled before staring at the girl.

"Face it, Rein. Ever since you started hanging out with my brother and his blood traitor friends, you've become weak. Won't be long before all your secrets could be revealed soon." He mysteriously announced before howling like a wolf. They both walked away, Irving assuming he was only trying to get a reaction out of the girl.

It worked. Cerise stood there shocked and confused, her legs locked. Rosie looked at her.

"Did he just—,"

"Howl? Like a wolf? Yeah. He can't know right?" Cerise turned anxiously to her friend for some closure. She was equally stunned. "He doesn't know. I'll beat his arse to make sure he doesn't know." Cerise said fastening her pace. Rosie attempted to slow her down.

"Not worth it," Rosie told her.

Cerise sighed. "I know. Still want to though." Rosie nodded in agreement before Cerise's eyes widened. "Next topic!" She clapped her hands together. "Are you excited for your birthday?"

Rosie smiled. "Who wouldn't be?"

"If you're born early January does that mean you're a Capricorn?" Cerise pondered. Rosie nodded.

"Yeah. Professor Thistlethwaite said I'd be starting new adventures with my most compatible star signs," She said with a cocky british accent mimicking their Divination professor, making Cerise chuckle. "Anyways, when I asked her to explain more she couldn't tell me, but I asked Sybill Trelawney. Y'know the kooky Ravenclaw that claims she's a Seer? Yeah, she said it could either be an extremely challenging relationship that could lead to danger, or a passionate relationship that involved twists and turns. Not specific at all, but if she's right I'm no longer doubting her."

Cerise nodded in amusement. She never spoke to Sybill, but she was also kind to her so she never judged her odd predictions about the world out loud, but she can't promise she's never judged her in her head.

"So, who are these mysterious compatible star signs?" Cerise asked.

"I think they were Taurus and another Capricorn." Rosie nonchalantly responded.

"Hey, isn't Pettigrew's star sign Taurus?" Cerise smirked. Rosie's cheeks turned red before flipping her off.

"That doesn't mean anything. For all I know I could end up falling in love with myself." Rosie smirked.

Cerise playfully rolled her eyes as they both walked into the Great Hall. "You're saying that as if you're not already."

"You're not wrong."

———— ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ————

Cerise trudged out of Alchemy class with Rosie by her side. A few minutes after breakfast ended and before Alchemy began, McGonagall called her to her office and asked about the signal they received from her wand last night. Cerise already expected this to happen and gladly used the fake story she rehearsed to herself last night which surprisingly worked. She was let off with only detention and a full lecture but still thanked Merlin that Dumbledore wasn't the one who interrogated her as her headmaster somehow could always tell what people were thinking and when people were lying. Cerise dropped a piece of paper on the ground while walking in the hallways. Rosie paused allowing Cerise time to pick it up. She pinched the paper between her fingers and noticed it was her Alchemy essay. She hesitantly thought about throwing it out into a trash bin but decided against it.

"I. Hate. Alchemy." Rosie nagged pausing between every word. They both continued walking. Cerise nodded.

"Likewise. Professor Amana makes me pull my hair out. She's dreadfully boring and to top it off, she assigns massive assignments with no legitimate instructions. It's like she wants us to fail so that she'll get more reasons to yell at us." Cerise complained. Rosie was going to agree with her comment but was stopped by a somewhat muscular arm attaching to both of their shoulders. They turned to the side to notice Sirius with a huge grin on his face.

"What are you so happy about?" Cerise commented.

"Hello, Rickison. Hello, Griff." Sirius smirked. Rosie questioningly turned her head to Cerise who wasn't fazed by the nickname as the boys began calling her it quite often.

"Griff-?"

"Don't mind it," Cerise answered.

"Rickison!" Sirius turned to the Slytherin.

"Rosie." She scoffed.

"Rosie!" Sirius instantly corrected himself, still holding a smile. "Wormtail wants you."

Rosie blushed. "Now?"

"I mean, he wants you 24/7 but yes I mean he needs you right now." Sirius revoked his hand on her shoulder and pointed at the end of the hallway to the blonde boy secretly waiting for her. Rosie blinked for a few seconds before speed walking towards him. Cerise rolled her eyes while Sirius squeezed her shoulder even tighter with a huge grin still smacked on his face.

"So, why'd you really get rid of Rosie?" Cerise asked. Sirius gasped dramatically.

"I have no clue what you would ever mean!" He snarled in a rough british accent. They began walking down the hall.

"You're a terrible liar, Sirius. Now, what's up?"

"Fine." Sirius sighed. "You caught me. I came here to ask you to help me and the Marauders with planning a birthday party for Rickison!" He giggled excitedly.

"Wow, since when did you actually like Rosie? In fact, when have you ever admit to liking a Slytherin before?" Cerise snarked.

"For your information, I still don't like Slytherins. She's just started to grow on me. But, I mostly gave her a chance for Wormtail. Anyways, you want to help?"

"Sure. Where's it happening?"

"Room of Requirements. We have it sent up we just need you to distract Rosie all-day tomorrow. We'll make it seem like all of us but you forgot about her birthday and then you nonchalantly lead her to the party!"

"You're going to pretend you don't know all day?" Cruise questioned. Sirius nodded. "Isn't that a bit harsh? She'll beat your asses, especially Wormtail's."

"That's why you and Lily will make sure she still stays in a somewhat good mood. Can you do it?" Sirius tilted his head. Cerise sighed.

"Fine. But, if she takes her anger out on me just know that you're the reason I end up dead in a ditch."

"Deal!" Sirius excited said jumping up and down. His eyes shifted slightly before tilting his head down closer to her ear. "By the way, your Hufflepuff friend has been watching us at the end of the hallway ever since we started this little chitchat. How about you go say hi?" Sirius whispered before shoving her to the side where Flynn watched from. Cerise stumbled a bit, letting Flynn catch her shoulders while Sirius chuckled walking away.

"Fuck you, Black," Cerise mumbled. Sirius began walking backward to face the girl.

"Oh, I know you want to darling, but I'll let him do that." He turned before sprinting away.

"Merlin-," Cerise groaned before her eyes met with Flynn's silver ones. His warm smile made her feel even more terrible about Sirius's behavior.

"You alright there, mate?" He chuckled, letting go of her shoulders. She nervously chuckled back.

"Yeah, sorry about Black by the way. He can be an arse."

"No worries." Flynn smiled. They awkwardly stood there in silence before Flynn motioned his hand out to the busy hallway. Cerise nodded and together they began to walk.

"So, how have you been?" Flynn asked while messing his hair up.

"Good as it can get being a half-orphan."

Flynn chuckled. "I'm glad. You heading to class right now?"

Cerise shook her head. "Just came from Alchemy. Worst class ever by the way." Cerise waved the flimsy essay in her hand.

"You want to hang by the Black Lake and do work?" Flynn asked. Cerise's head shot up before nodding. He smiled and nodded his head to the Quad.

———— ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ————

Cerise sat crisscrossed onto the grass by the lake taking in the cool breeze. Surprisingly talking to Flynn calmed her down, letting her finish the majority of her homework as they talked.

"Thanks for this, by the way. I really needed it." Cerise made known while picking up a book of hers and beginning to read it.

"I should be thanking you. To be honest, I really needed someone to spend time with today. Especially today. But, alas, all of my friends just act weird." Flynn sighed. Cerise's head shot up in confusion. Flynn noticed.

"My sister's death anniversary." He sighed.

"Oh," Cerise began, not knowing what to say. Flynn was a hard person to read, and she had no idea if he wanted to be treated with sympathy or for the topic to just be completely ignored like her. She picked the latter.

"What kind of person was she like?" Cerise finally let out. Flynn looked at her with confusion, surprised but secretly touched that that was her first question.

"Oh-uh, her name was Kore. She was pretty cool. Always took risks and never hesitated when she did the things she loved. She could've been an extraordinary witch if she didn't get sick, but life happens for a reason." Flynn looked up at the sky, staring at the sun.

"How do you talk about her without getting sad?" Cerise implored.

"I mean, I'll always miss her but, time passes. People forget. I had to move on." Flynn turned to her and smiled. "No one expects you to get better automatically, Cerise. But remember. Time passes. People forget. Everyone slowly becomes less sympathetic with our feelings as time moves and that's when I learned I had to move on as well."

Cerise was lying down on the grass taking in what Flynn said. He was right, no matter how much she didn't want him to be. Their heads both turned to the side and saw a few students leaving the surrounding areas and back into the castle, signaling it was time for her next class. Flynn got up and reached out a hand which Cerise gladly took. Cerise patted herself down and made sure her sleeves were still folded down. They both walked away from the area they sat.

Cerise was content with how her day was going so far. Realizing she was late to Potions, she scurried faster than Flynn, leaving him behind chuckling.

What Cerise didn't know was the fact that three out of the four Marauders were watching their interaction the entire time. Sirius and Peter sent each other concerned looks while Remus clenched his books tightly.

"When I told her she should go talk to him I didn't think she'd actually take my advice," Sirius whispered to Peter.

Peter's eyes widen. "You told her to go to him?" Peter yelled before Sirius slapped his mouth with his palm. Remus was too busy following the girl to pay attention to Peter's words, even though he did hear them.

Seconds later, Cerise appeared walking down their hallway. Sirius yelped, grabbing her attention. He was waving his hand around in a panic while wiping it on his pants.

"You arse! You just licked my hand!" Sirius groaned. Peter chortled. "Oh, you're dead." With those words, they started playfully wrestling next to Remus.

Remus on the other hand was quietly screaming, "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Cerise walked over smiling. Remus looked up and giggled at the sight of her. "So, where have you been?" He asked.

"Oh, just around exploring the castle." She replied. Sirius and Peter slowly stopped at her words. All three boys thought the same thing. Why did she just lie to them?

"Anyways," Cerise motioned tugging on Remus's sleeve. "We have to get to Potions. So finish up whatever you're doing but hurry up." She said waving over the two boys on the ground. She calmly walked away from the boys, trying to hold herself in.

Why did she just lie to them?

The boys watched her walk away with questions. Most of the questions coming from Remus.

"Tsk tsk," Sirius said shaking his head. "Liar, liar pants on fire."

Cerise walked away looking back to make sure the three didn't follow her. She was so blinded by her paranoia that she mistakenly ran into a few annoying Slytherins. She huffed not wanting to deal with any of them but their grins were sinister. She had no idea what was happening until she heard a voice.

"Greetings, Rein."

———————

ahh i finally figured out the ending of this book and it's crazy that im almost done writing it :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 7.8K 34
He looks up, and those hazel eyes pierce mine. I don't look away because the seriousness in his gaze holds me there. "Lily, I love you." *I do...
4.3M 149K 89
"You should tell him, you know," a familiar voice softly said from behind her. "I know you love him." "Remus," she began turning around to face her...
136K 5.5K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
84.3K 2K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...