O U T C A S T | t.s daughter

By Daisy_Rogers

when Skye found out Tony Stark was her father her whole life changed. Now, years later and with a new name, D... More

i. runaway
ii. get ready
iii. start a fight
iv. in ashes
v. family reunion
vi. make a stand
vii. broken bonds
viii. afraid of the dark
ix. what brings us together
xi. whatever it takes

x. new blood

208 5 1
By Daisy_Rogers

5  y e a r s  l a t e r

( Daisy's POV )

After the snap, me and my dad got our rock solid relationship back. We've been connecting and bonding ever since I was kidnapped. 

We built a suit together for Pepper and many other projects.

And... I got a little sister. Her name is Morgan and she's the most precious girl in the world. 

She was born a year after the snap. The calm after the storm. Except for the nights she cried a lot and kept every soul of this world awake. But still, a very cute girl.

After that, life has kinda... stopped.

For what I know, the rest of the team has been trying to find a solution to bring everyone back. My dad says he doesn't want to help them but I know for a fact that isn't true. He feels really guilty because of Peter, the spider-boy.

I've been going to the facility from time to time to help the team in every way I can but, it hasn't been easy. 

Right now, I'm sitting on the side of the lake close to our cabin. Yes, my dad embraced his "Forest side" and now we all have to bare with it. 

My powers have been a lot calmer now. It's like we connected with each other. I finally came at peace with my inner self, but only after a lot of yoga and meditation. And I mean A LOT.

Still, some side quests show up and still fight some little battles. Even after Thanos wiped out half the human species, the criminals don't seem to stop, and neither does HYDRA.

I hear footsteps coming and look behind me to see my dad coming.

"Hey, kid." He says and sits beside me.

"Hey. Is Pepper still giving you a hardtime about the oven?" I ask him.

"No, I just fixed it, it's working even better now." He says.

I let out a laugh.

"Did those HYDRA guys give you a bad time?" He asks, passing his finger trough a laceration that's on my cheek. 

"Not really. They already know what's coming." I say and smile.

"That's my girl." He says, hugging me from the side.

"I was thinking that maybe you could help me with my gauntlets? I've been trying to figure out a way to make them work better but I just can't figure out how." I say.

"Sure, I can help you. But are your arms hurting still?" He ask, with a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah, kinda." I say, looking down at my hands.

"Don't worry kid, let's figure that out together." He says, getting up and putting a hand out to help me get up. I take it and we walk towards the garage.

As we're aproaching the garage, we both notice a black Audi pulling up and coming to a stop a few meters away. Steve, Nat, and Scott get out of the car. I hear my dad sigh. I guess he is not looking forward to the discussion about to take place.

They all come up and start greeting us. After that, Scotts explains some kinda plan to bring back the victims of Thano's snap.

"Now, we know what it sounds like..." Scotts says.

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve asks.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" My dad asks.

I look over at Scott, Steve and Nat and they all look puzzled. Science is barely any of their fields.

My dad gives Steve a drink and he thanks him.

"In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." I interrupt.

"I did." Scott says.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?" My dad asks.

"A time heist?" Scott says.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?" My dad says.

"The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them." Scott says.

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back." Nat says, with hope.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" My dad says. 

"I don't believe we would." Steve says.

"Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise." My dad says. I guess he has kind of a point here.

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -" Scott starts but my dad interrupts him.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?"

"No." Scott answers, kinda embarrased.

"Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works." My dad says.

"Tony... We have to take a stand." Nat says.

"We did stand. And yet, here we are." My dad says.

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that won't even..." Scott says, with sadness on his voice.

"That's right, Scott, I won't even. I got two daughters that need their father." My dad says as my sister runs up to him. He picks her up.

"Mommy told me to come and save you." My sister says.

"Good job. I'm saved." My dad says and then turns to face Cap, Nat and Scott. "I wish you'd come here to ask me something else. Anything else. Honestly, I... I missed you guys, it was... Oh, and table's set for seven."

"Tony, I get it. And I'm happy for you, I really am. But this is a second chance." Steve pleads.

"I got my second chance right here, Cap. I can't roll the dice again. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch." Dad says.

They start walking to their car and my dad and Morgan walk inside the house.

I run after Steve and the rest. They're already inside the car. Cap rolls down his window and I lean in.

"Look, I get that you want to bring back everyone and so do I. We've lost people that we care about. And I know you guys don't blame him at all for not wanting to help so, I'll see if I can convince him, okay?" I say.

Steve nods and says "Thank you. We really need you guys." 

I nod and start walking inside the cabin.

We have dinner mostly making small talk. My dad doesn't seem to want to talk about what just happened and I don't want to push it.

After we eat, I start helping my dad with the dishes.

"Say it." He spits out.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"I know that you think I should help them with this crazy idea."

"Well... It doesn't seem that crazy to me." I say.

He looks at me "How so?"

"Look, we all lost people because of the snap. You lost Peter. Don't you want to bring him back?" I ask him.

"That's a low blow." He says and looks down at the plate he's washing.

"It's true and I know you want to bring everyone back. You're just scared." I say.

He looks up at me.

"You've been living this calm life with us under your wing and I get it. It's an amazing life and it's exactly what you needed. What we all needed. But you need to protect and help those who can't have this, you know what I mean?" I say.

I sighs.

"I don't want to loose you guys. I don't want to throw this all away." He says.

"I know. And I don't want to push you into something you don't really wanna do, if that's want you want. Just think about it, please." I plead.

"Yeah. I will." He says. 

After we end cleaning up the dishes, I go to my bedroom and listen to some music. 

Suddenly, I can hear a knock on my door trough the music. I tell whoever it is to come in. My dad steps inside my bedroom and sits beside me on the bed.

"You're right. Although it is a crazy idea." He says.

"I know. You made an iron suit out of a crazy idea and look at you now." I say and smile.

He laughs and says "That's true."

I smile.

"I know what I'm fighting for. I need to bring Peter back, you know? And the rest of them." He says.

"I want to help you." I say.

"I know. And I haven't thought of anyone better to help me than you." He says and I smile.

He lays down next to me.

"Can I sleep here?" He asks.

"Sure." I say and smile.

"I also know you want to bring Barnes back." He says.

I look up at the ceiling, terrified. How does he know?

"What? You think that I don't know you guys had a thing a couple years back in Germany? I know everything." He says.

Shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.2K 22
Hayden Barton is back! and she's better than ever, what happens when while she and Pietro are on their adventure around the world they get a call tha...
2.6K 43 12
Ellie has suffered a lot of loss in her life. Her mom dying after getting shot during a drive by. Her Dad burning in a fire at his work. Her older br...
81.2K 1.4K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
68.9K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ 1. ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...