xi. whatever it takes

( Daisy's POV )

Me and my dad arrive at the Avengers compound in his car. He pulls over to Cap, but goes a bit too far, then reverses to him again. My dad rolls down his window and looks at Steve.

"Why the long face? Let me guess: He turned into a baby." Dad says.

"Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve asks. I can feel some kind of relief in his voice.

Dadgets out of the car, and walks around to the back. I open my door and lean against the car.

My dad ignores Steve's question and says "That's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it."

"You did." Steve says.

"Oh, did I?" Dad says, acting like he did not; there's the Tony we know. "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." He says and holds up his right hand, with a device on it "A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace. Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

"Me too." Cap says.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice." Dad says. For a moment, I feel bad for kinda dragging him into this.

!Sounds like a deal." Steve says and reaches out his hand to shake in the deal, in which my dad replies in the same way.

Dad reaches back into his trunk to pull something else out, Captain America's Shield. He makes to give it to Steve, who hesitates.

"Tony..." Cap starts saying but my dad interrupts him. "Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding."

I smile.

Steve fits his arm into the shield.

"Thank you, Tony." Steve says.

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team ...We are getting the whole team, yeah?" My dad says.

"We're working on that right now." Steve says.

We walk to the Testing Chamber inside of the compound and start working on it with the help of the team.

We hand Scott a suit and he goes to a room and puts it on. He walks back out.

"Time travel suit? Not bad." Uncle Rhodey says.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!" Scott warns Bruce, who's touching the suit and something red in a glass tube.

"I'm being very careful." Bruce says.

"No, you're being very Hulky." Scott says.

"I'm being careful." Bruce defends.

Scott holds up the red glass bottle. "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down." Uncle Rhodey says.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." Scott says and accidentally presses a button, and shrinks, and then grows back to his normal size. "One test run." He says.

We walk to the testing chamber and me, Steve, Nat, my dad, Scott, Bruce, Rhodey and Nebula stand at a control panel, controlling the glass platform.]

"All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott says.