Good Luck Charm (Completed)

By smileall_days

"We're just friends." Seems to be like a motto for Vincent Chance and Soccer star Lucas Marshall. Whenever an... More

Prologue
First Days and Family Friends
Helping and Hurting
Lunch and Looks
Cover Contest
Exes and Oh's
Annoyances and Allegories
Romance and Late Romantic Literature
Tutors and Teas
Soccer Games and Solid Luck
Dares and Drama
Car Rides and Carrying On
Tall Boys and Sleepy Boys
Hang Ups and Hangovers
Friends and Foes
Numbers and Naysayers
Blue Breds and Blue Heads
Scary Movies and Spilled Drinks
Stores and Whores
Angered Friends and Scattered Ends
Goodbyes and Cheap Highs
Friends and Enemies
Teasing and Pleasing
Asses and Allies
Turkey Arms and Lucky Charms
Cheery Thanksgivings and New Beginnings
Help and Homes
Sleeps and Creeps
Possessive and Political
Solutions and Substitutions
Reality and Relationships
Hearts and Tarts
Meals and Deals
Mornings and Courtings
Roomies and Zoomies
Rough Tides and Car Rides
Regrets and Regression
Moms and Qualms
Big Shocks and Cock Blocks
Rude and Crude
Stories and Glories
Finals and Fancies
Crime and Punishment
Redemptions and Recompense
Panics and Attacks
Change and Chances
Doctors and Proctors
Rightful and Romantic
Better Days and Shorter Stays
Far Off and Future
Christmas Trees and Perfect T's
Love and Decor
Good Friends and Great Ends

Advice and Avarice

8.6K 346 50
By smileall_days

     "I mean he said he only ever found one person in his life to be attractive. That's gotta be Sydney, his old girlfriend." Vincent ranted as he and Hailey walked the quad. They were careful to stay just out of earshot of any passers by in favor of Lucas' reputation. "I mean it makes sense cause they dated, but geez, you know... you remember Sydney, she was nothing to write home about for the 'only girl he's ever found attractive."

"Wait... the first time you said 'only person' but the second time you said 'only girl' which is it? Did he say 'only person' or 'only girl?"

"Does it matter?"

"Of course!" Hailey exclaimed. "If he said 'only person' it could be a boy or a girl! We'd have no idea."

"He dated a girl! We know it's a girl!" Vincent explained.

"Maybe he wasn't attracted to her. Maybe he just dated her because she liked him and he thought he should. Lots of young gay boys have girlfriends early on before-"

"Do you hear yourself?" Vincent interrupted. "Lucas Marshall, star of the soccer team, is not gay!"

"Do you know that for sure?" Hailey questioned.

"I... well... I mean he-" Vincent mumbled.

"Right. He very well could be."

"But I asked if he could tell if guys were attractive, and he said no. If he doesn't find guys attractive, then he can't be gay." Vincent insisted.

"No, it just means he's only ever found one person attractive. Perhaps a guy.. perhaps his best friend who he's obsessed with and who he grew up with..."

"Stop that right now." Vincent scolded. "And so what. Who's to say if I would even care?"

"You've been ranting for an hour. I think you'd care." Hailey chuckled.

"Well I wouldn't. He can think whoever he wants is attractive.... So long as it's not that bitch Sydney. Now, new topic."

"Okay." Hailey grinned. "There's a new rumor going around the school."

"What?"

"Yeah... what's the biggest thing on campus right now?"

       "The soccer team?" Vincent suggested.

       "The soccer team, and Lucas." Hailey agreed. "So guess who the rumor's about."

        "Lucas?" Vincent asked. "Why do people have to be so annoying."

        "I know! But it's good."

       "Hailey!" Vincent groaned.

       "Shh! I didn't seek it out, but I came across it because everybody's talking about it."

       "What're they saying?"

       "Just about how he's been playing a lot better but he doesn't like to talk about his personal life. They speculated that perhaps he's got some new girl as a good luck charm and that she's helping him play."

"Good luck charm?" Vincent furrowed his brows, remembering that Lucas had often referred to him as a good luck charm.

"Yeah, and it's you, because he started winning again just as you got there." Hailey smiled smugly.

"It could be anyone." Vincent assured her.

"He's never had a girlfriend while he's been here. Isn't that interesting?" Hailey mused.

"No. Literally he's probably just private about his personal life, and there's no evidence. This is ridiculous, it's total gossip. I can't believe you would believe such a ridiculous lie."

"Hey!" Lucas walked up to the pair. "Hailey! It's been forever, since middle school right?"

"Yeah." Hailey smiled proudly. "How's it going?"

"Good! Hi Vinny! Hey, do either of you know what everybody's talking about? People keep like.... Looking at me and then laughing or something."

"Just how well you've been playing!" Hailey answered quickly. "Everybody's wondering why."

"Oh? That's weird. I never understand why people get so involved with other's people personal lives."

"That's what I said." Vincent agreed.

"Sure.. yeah yeah. So, Lucas, would you happen to know anything about a good luck charm?" Hailey attempted to ask slyly.

"Hailey." Vincent scolded.

"Yeah!" Lucas wrapped his arm lazily around Vincent's shoulder. "Vincent comes to all my games to make sure we win. He got me out of my slump!"

"Good to know." Hailey smiled triumphantly, well, I've got to run, see you guys later."

"She was in a hurry." Lucas said once Hailey left earshot. "Any particular reason?"

"She's just... well.... The rumor is about somebody being lucky for you... but in like a romantic way. That's what she's speculating."

"So?"

"Well Hailey seems to think you like me." Vincent stated.

"I do like you."

"I know, but she thinks it's romantic." Vincent explained.

"And that bothers you?"

"No! No.. I mean yes... well I thought it would bother you, and..." Vincent rambled. "Since we're just friends and everything."

"It doesn't bother me."

"It doesn't?" Vincent nearly choked.

"No. People say shit about me all the time. I don't really care what anyone says, besides nobody really believes all the crap they hear 
anyway, right? My personal life is my business and anyone who doesn't respect that isn't worth it." Lucas reasoned.

"I suppose that's true."

"Alright.. well... Um. I gotta go. I'll see you?" Lucas ran his hand over the back of his neck.

"Definitely." Vincent nodded. Lucas patted him on the back before making his way towards his next class.

Lucas seemed strange when he left, and Vincent couldn't blame him, it was probably really hard to have people speculating about his personal life all the time, and Vincent didn't know how he could deal with it. Lucas was so strong, so much stronger than Vincent could ever be.

     If anyone ever found out Lucas had a male good luck charm, there'd be a lot of explaining to do, and Vincent didn't want to be the reason people were calling Lucas names or angry with him.

"What's your name?" A voice shook him from his thoughts, and Vincent looked up to see a girl he recognized from the party a few weeks prior with Lucas. "Was it... it was Vin- Vincent, right?"

"That's right."

"I'm-"

"Sarah," Vincent finished for her, remembering her name. "I know."

       "Yeah... you and Lucas are friends right?"

      "Um..." Vincent struggled wondering if in light of the rumor he should even say he and Lucas had any connection, but thought better of it. "Yes... we are."

      "Do you... do you happen to know if he's single? Because I've hearing loads of stuff about him maybe being in a relationship and I wanted to ask you since I know you're friends and I wondered if it was true." Sarah rambled. Vincent felt a dagger through his heart; of course nobody would think him the good luck charm. Lucas was not gay. Nobody would suspect him of being gay because it would be too outlandish. And even if he were, he'd never settle for a person like Vincent.

      "He's.. yes he's single."

       "Then do you think I have a shot?"

       It hung in the air like an icicle forming on the abandoned house of Vincent's self worth.

      "It's just, I think you'd know him better than me, so I was wondering."

       "I'm not sure... you'd have to talk to Lucas about that. I can't speak for him, I'm sorry."

       "That's okay." Sarah flipped her ponytail. "This... good luck charm, do you think I have to worry about her?"

      "No. Lucas.. Lucas and the good luck charm are just friends."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82 8 9
Lucas and Adam are best friends. They've been friends since High School. Adam liked Lucas when they first started being friends but he questioned his...
2.5M 75.6K 62
[boyxboy] Simon Matthews was off limits. Off limits to everyone and everything. Everyone knew that. The football team knew that, the teachers knew th...
104 18 12
This story is a remake of 'Unexpected Romance'. It's a friends to enemies to lovers Romance. The main characters; Ethan and Noah have known each ot...
59.4K 2.4K 17
"jae...i-i love you" "oh..? me too..." ______________________________ based on the song "just friends" by keshi ⛔ this story contains depressive them...