The Merman from ashore-Mermai...

By Doodlewritez04

Izuku Midoriya has been raised by sea creatures and only remembers bits and pieces to where he's from. Izuku... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilouge
ATTENTION READERS!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Chapter 12

2.9K 106 97
By Doodlewritez04

Bakugo POV

Feathers... so much feathers... I didn't realize how much of a mess we made last night. I'm never gonna touch another feather again after this.

"Thanks for helping out Deku. I really needed the extra hands," I said while picking up feathers off the couch.

"It's no problem at all. I never knew cleaning could be so much fun!" Maybe I should have you clean your own messes from now on. Heh. "Can I ask you a question?"

"I don't see why not. As long as it's not stupid."

"Okay! I'm curious about the feathers. I saw those flying things called birds and all over the city. I'm just curious if the pillows are filled with a bunch of dead bird's feathers. Are they?"

"That's a stupid question. It's fake, so don't worry about the birds."

"Oh... okay. I'll believe you on that." Deku looked away and went back to sweeping the feathers. Oh no, he's doing it all wrong. After I put the feathers in a bag, I went over to Deku and held the upper part of the broom. "Kacchan?"

"You're doing it the wrong way. Let me show you," my hands moved to where his hands are, "Don't move, I'll do the moving and you can try it." I start off with a slow motion with the broom sweeping the feathers. "It's that easy if you do it right. So hold your hands like you see in that Cinderella movie."

"Does that include dancing?"

"Keep dreaming. Life isn't like a movie," I whispered into his ear. He was silent for a moment, so I took a little closer to his face. "Why the red face?" No response. I quickly caught on at the situation. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that! Just keep sweeping and put it all in that plastic bag!" Not even looking at him, I had to make sure he doesn't see my red face.

"G-got it!"

What the hell's wrong with me? I've never acted like this to anyone before. Tch. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me again. Kota started jumping up and down and yip yapping at me. He wants food, "Okay, okay! I'm gonna go get it! Stop being demanding, will ya?! It's pissing me off!!" I grunted as I reached into the pantry and got the dog food out. Eri joined alongside Kota by the dishes, while I poured each of them a cup. "At least Eri's patient. If you keep begging like that, I may not give you food anymore." He started to growl at me from my response, but I just shrugged it off.

My phone started to buzz in my dress shirt pocket, so I got it out to see what was going on. 'Next month is Valentine's Day. No need for work...' Ah, it's just my calendar. Ding! Ha? What do these guys want?

Sonic: I AM STILL MAD AT YOU GUYS FOR HOSTING A PARTY AT MY PENTHOUSE!!

Pinky: Oh come on, you were having a blast! Don't deny it XD

Dumb hair: Sometimes we gotta let it lose.

Sonic: Try telling that to my landlord...

Elbow guy: To be fair, I had no say in this whole party idea.

Pink cheeks: I had a say in this, and I said 'hell yeah!' Let's throw him a party.

Sonic: Way to take side guys...

Me: Tch! I'm still upset you made me go up on stage and sang that crappy song Pinky!!

Pinky: Pfft! You were having a blast and so was Izuku, and you can't deny it!

Dumb hair: Hey guys, where's Kaminari? It's unusual for him to be this silent.

Elbow guy: Now that you mentioned it... I wonder what's keeping him.

Dunce face: ...

Me: Speak of the devil.

Sonic: Hello Kaminari, we were awfully worried about you. What happened?

Dunce face: ...

Dumb hair: Come on, say something!

Dunce face: I'm screwed... I'm so screwed...

Pink cheeks: What're you talking about?

Dunce face: You guys know that I've been dating Jiro for a while now and you see... I may or may not have forgotten our one year anniversary...

Pinky: Oh no...

Dumb hair: Oh no.

Elbow guy: Oh no. Yeah, you're definitely screwed.

Sonic: When was your anniversary, and how could you forget?!

Dunce face: I'm sorry! It was in the middle of January and there was a new video game that was coming out soon. She looked super mad and upset! What should I do?!

Me: There's a probability that you and headphone girl will break up.

Dunce face: You're not helping, Bakugo!!

Pinky: It's okay, calm down. I think there's a way you can fix this. Do something special for Valentine's Day!

Pink cheeks: Oh my, I completely forgot about that. Dang it. Now I know why my boss asked if I could work at the flower shop on Feb. 14th.

Dunce face: That might work, but how is Valentine's Day going to help me get Jiro's forgiveness?

Dumb hair: It makes it extra special! Just don't give her flowers as a token of forgiveness. Try and do something really special for her.

'Pinky sent one attachment' Pinky? I left the group chat and opened up Pinky's contact. What the?!

Pinky: Wrong one! This wasn't meant for you!!

Me: The hell? When did you take this?

Pinky: ... The day after we had that party at the life house... I'll delete it!

Me: No... I might need that picture for something.

Pinky: Ooo... and what might that something be~?

Me: None of your business. Now go help fix Dunce face's love life and leave me alone.

Pinky: You're not going to help?

Me: He said I wasn't helping him, so yeah.

Pinky: You just did that just so you could get out of it.

Me: When you put it that way, Yup! Now leave me be, Pinky!!

Can't believe she took that photo of us. Looking at it, I've gotta say it looks really well done.

"Kacchan, I've finished! What should I do with the bag?" Deku tapped on my shoulder with the bag in his hand and looked at me straight in the face.

"Hm? Oh, I'll take care of it. I'm going out anyway." He hands me the bag for me to take and took it out of his hands. "You did a good job. Help yourself with some chips and there's left over pizza from last night. Remember how to use the microwave?"

"Mhm! I won't burn the house down!" That's what I'm more afraid of. He could be lying, but I'll trust him on this. He salutes to me and rushed over to the fridge and grabbed the box of pizza in his hands. "I'll keep an eye on Kota and Eri!"

Walking over to my front door, I grabbed a coat from the hangers and put one on over me. "I won't be out long!"

"Kacchan! Don't forget about the feathers!"

"Oh, thank you for reminding me." Deku threw the bag over to me and caught it. I opened the door and left my apartment and walked down the stairs. Reaching to the lobby, I headed to the trash chute and threw away the bag of feathers.

"Afternoon Bakugo. Where are you headed off to?"

"Shop. I got something important to do."

"Alright, hope you're able to find what you're looking for!"

Let's see... I need to get some pillows because of that little fiasco last night and something... what's this? My eyes looked over at the window to see something that sparked my interest. That's just something that he would like.

-Valentine's Day-

Third POV

Tonight was the night where people celebrated a holiday that's special for couples and friends all around the world. Everyone has their dates and plans and they get to enjoy this romantic fun full day. Kaminari, Jiro, Kirishima, Sero, Ashido, Iida, Uraraka, Midoriya, and Bakugo are enjoying the night while it's still going on.

Jiro and Kaminari:

Kaminari has been feeling guilty over what happened on their anniversary. He thought it would be a good idea to do something for her.

"Denki, where are we going?" Kaminari put a blindfold on Jiro for a surprise. He helps guide Jiro around the city, so she wouldn't bump or get hurt to anyone.

"It's a surprise! I think you'll really like this," he said as he opens a door to someplace. Kaminari brings Jiro to his side and keeps on walking. Jiro could feel some kind of light being shone on her, which made her even more curious. He set her down on a chair and undid the blindfold. "Surprise!"

Jiro opened her eyes slowly and saw a crowd right in front of her. She started to chuckle as she was lost for words, "Pikachu, what is this?"

"My present to you! You've always loved to be a musician and we like coming to this place. I talked to the owner and she wants to give you a shot!"

"Denki..." Jiro could feel tears starting to form in her eyes. "You idiot... I should've prepared a song for this."

"But you do! You can always sing one of your songs that you sing to me. I'll be rooting for you in the-" Kaminari was about to leave until he felt a tug on his sleeves.

"Actually, I'd rather have you up here on stage with me..." she said while looking away from him.

Kaminari smiled and went over to the right side of the stage to grab a stool, along with a guitar. He put the stool right next to her and sat there with one of his dopey smiles while handing her the guitar.

Jiro softly giggled and looked at the audience. "This one goes out to all the happy couples out there!"

Jiro and Kaminari spent their Valentine's Day at a theater and played music for the audience. She forgot all about Kaminari's forgetfulness and spent the rest of their night playing music live.

Kirishima, Sero, and Ashido:

The three friends were going off to the beach with blankets and hearts made out of paper in their hands. The trio planned on having a picnic at the beach and making a bonfire. Ashido skipped along in the sand with a giddy smile on her face, while Sero and Kirishima talked to each other. Sero saw light at the life house, which brought the other two's attention.

"Aren't we supposed to get back to work in summer?" Sero asked as he pointed at the life house.

"Well, it's supposed to be, yeah. I wonder what's going on," Kirishima said while he starts to walk towards it. Ashido and Sero followed Kirishima to the life house. Kirishima stood in front of the door and examined it to see it was a little bit opened. He grabbed the door knob and opened it for them to see. "What the-? Boss?"

"Ah! Mirio, you said no one would be here!" Tamaki buries his face into Mirio's chest. Mirio started laughing and combed through Tamaki's hair.

"Sorry, we were just dancing. Since no one isn't allowed but me at the life house, I thought it would be nice to have a private date with my husband."

"Sorry! If you want we will be leaving now!" Mina hurriedly ran away from them and went out to the beach.

"She's still scared about what happened that day? I don't blame her. So, what're you guys doing here?" He asked while holding Tamaki in his arms.

"Oh, we were wanting to start a little beach bonfire. We don't have any dates, so we decided to come here and be with our friends."

"Hmm... I don't usually approve of bonfires, but as long as you're far away from things that could burn. I'll let it slide. Now get out of here, so I can enjoy the rest of my night with my hubbie!"

"Mirio... please stop pinching my cheeks..." Tamaki pouted. Sero's hand pushed the door all the way closed and walked alongside Kirishima.

The two joined with Ashido and found a place to make the bonfire away from anything like tall grass and wood. She dumps out the stuff to burn in the fire on the beach as Kirishima puts out the blankets for them to lay on.

"You got everything Mina?"

"Yup! I got hearts or everything, wool hats, cards, paper machetes, stickers... I can't wait to burn these!"

"Same. This is a night for us single people to enjoy the night by burning the things that bring us down!!" Kirishima lit up the wood and threw stickers in the fire. Sero threw the wool in next and Ashido threw a card in it. "Anyone want chocolate?" Kirishima asked as he threw some at Ashido and Sero.

The trio have been burning decorations for Valentine's Day and with all the chocolate that's left, they sit around there and eat chocolate. "I'm gonna go by the ocean for a bit." Ashido got herself up off the blanket and walked over to the beach.

"Hey Kirishima."

"Yeah?"

"We're not gonna fight over for Mina's love, right? I mean, I know you like her and all, I do too. But, I don't wanna tear our friendship apart."

Kirishima sighed and looks back at him, "I wouldn't let that worry us. Besides, it's her choice. We both liked her since we were in high school. It wouldn't be manly of me if I force her to pick me rather than my own friend."

Sero smiled at him and looked back at Ashido playing in the water. "You're right. I'm sorry. I know it's hard, but I can't help it. I can't stop liking her."

"Neither can I." Ashido came back after being in the water for a little while. Kirishima and Sero put their differences aside and reminded themselves that it's a night for them being friends and burning stuff in the fire. After putting out the fire, they ended up star gazing.

Uraraka and Iida:

It wasn't that much exciting for Uraraka, because she's working on a holiday. She finished cashing in the customer's purchase and handed her the flowers. "Here you are sir. One bouquet of daisy's. Hope they like it." The customer thanked her and left the place. She sighed as she sat down back in a chair.

"I'm so tired, but I really need the money at this point. I should be happy I got another job." She sighed. The bell rung by the door, meaning there's another customer coming in.

"Welcome to the flower shop, how may I- Iida?"

"Hello Uraraka, hope I didn't come in when it was closing time."

"Oh! No it's fine! It doesn't close until ten. What can I help you with?" She asked with a bubbly smile.

"I'm looking for some flowers for someone," he replied while sniffing the flowers. "They're very beautiful."

"I grew them myself. Sometimes I like to grow flowers by my porch."

"That's pretty impressive. Do you mind if I buy some for her?"

"Sure..." she said, but her smile started to fade as she looked down at the counter. "Is it for someone that you like?"

"No, but I want to give her a gift. She looks really pink because she gets flustered easily." He softly chuckled as he picked out a bouquet of beautiful violets. He walked up to the counter and handed her the flowers.

"Let me ring that up for you," she mumbled trying to not show she's crying. Uraraka opened up the cash register and put the price in it.

"Actually, there's more about her." Uraraka took the flowers from him and rang up the total.

"That'll be 14.95."

"She's very hard working, kind, happy, and sweet. She's also adorable," he continued and gave her the money. Uraraka handed Iida back the flowers, but he was offering her the flowers, leaving her puzzled. "She stands out a lot and doesn't know that I like her."

"I don't understand."

"The girl that I'm talking about is you, Ochaco and these flowers are yours to keep." He smiled. Iida pat her head and left the flowers on the counter. "I'll just take the receipt. Oh, and wanna go on a date sometime this weekend?"

"Y-yeah! I'll be there," she exclaimed. Iida waved goodbye and left the flower shop. Uraraka was still shocked and flustered after what happened. The first thing that came to her mind was, 'What am I supposed to wear?!'

Bakugo and Izuku:

Bakugo and Izuku were just sitting next to each other, petting their dogs, watching romantic movies. Bakugo took a piece of popcorn and threw one to Izuku. He caught the popcorn in his mouth, leaving Bakugo laughing. "That's a nice catch."

"Thanks. I'm very proud since I finally managed to catch one in my mouth finally!" He said cheerfully and grabbed a handful of popcorn.

"Hey, don't take too much!" Bakugo exclaimed. Izuku rolled his eyes at him and ate the handful of popcorn. Bakugo sighed and set the popcorn on the coffee glass table.
He got off the couch and went over to the closet.

"Where are you going?"

"To the closet, I need to give you something." He replied as he got out a small box from there and walked back towards where Izuku was. He grabbed the remote to the tv and paused the movie.

"It was getting to the good part, what gives?!"

"It'll only be a few minutes. I just had to give you this," Izuku sighed and focused his eyes on Bakugo. Bakugo rubbed the back of his neck and nervously chuckled. "I got something for you," he said as he showed him the box.

Izuku glanced at the box for a moment and was confused by this little gift. "What is it?"

"Open it," Bakugo gave Izuku the little box. Izuku looked at the box and him for a few moments and shook his head. He opens it and finds a beautiful silver necklace. Making his eyes sparkle at the shiny new sight.

"What kind of necklace is it?"

"It's a locket. People put a photo and engrave something in it," Bakugo explained as he took the locket out of the box and put it around Izuku's neck. "I found it for a great deal, and it's water resistant."

"Wow... it's amazing," he said. Izuku unexpectedly opened the locket to find a picture of Bakugo and him cuddling together. 'How did that-? You know what? I'm not even gonna ask.' His eyes looked over at something else and saw a piece of paper covered up in lines. Bakugo made sure the note doesn't get wet, if it gets in water. "Huh? What does it say? What's this weird writing?"

"It's not weird. It's Japanese, it says, '私はあなたを愛しています、愚かなデク'
(Watashi wa anata o aishiteimasu, orokana deku). The meaning is a mystery for you."

"That's no fair! I really wanna know what it means. Come on, please tell me!" Izuku whined with puppy dog eyes.

"Nope. Though, I also have something else I want you to know." Bakugo leaned over close to Izuku and brought him closer to one another.

"I love you, Deku."

A/N: Yay! I feel accomplished!! Now we just have eight more chapters left!! Not only that, but we made it to three hundred reads! It makes me happy more and more people are reading this story!

Sorry about the cliff hanger, but this is all I can come up with. Oh! Getting to read your comments helps get me motivated and I enjoy your feedback and the positivity. Without you guys I wouldn't have been wanting to get out of my writer's block. I promise to do the best I can! I'm also sorry if this chapter feels a bit rushed.

I've always loved to write, and I've been thinking of what I want to be. A writer. But, not just any writer. A manga writer. Ever since I've got into anime, I've always wanted to make stories people would like, even Boys Love. I'm going to work hard and achieve my dream!!! I'll keep on writing to make this the best Bakudeku mermaid au!! Also please stay safe and hopefully this year will be different.

Have a good day and night! Take care of yourselves. Bye!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 6.9K 31
Izuku Midoriya is the son of single mother and very successful Inko Midoriya. With Inko being a bunny model Izuku grew up with that girly twist. At t...
32.8K 1.7K 35
[Book 2 of Midoriya Izuku x OC Series] ✔️ [Togata x OC] - Primarily After suffering through grueling tests and the loneliness that came with abiding...
5.9K 323 8
Practically everyone has heard of stories about mermaids and the humans they fall in love with. What a lot of people didn't seem to realize was that...
109K 3K 11
Izuku Midoriya has had a rough past, his mom died giving birth to him. And his father is no where to be seen. But with the help of others will he be...