Belong To The City (August Al...

By BeautyAndTheBrain

Interior Design major Cyntheia Rivera, has been working her whole life to get where she's at. Now at 21 being... More

Chapter 1: Belong To The City
Chapter 2: Business Relations
Chapter 3: Lookin' Out
Chapter 4: Personal Level
Chapter 5: Workin'
Chapter 6: Leave It At Home
Chapter 8: Plans
Chapter 9: We Got a Deal
Chapter 10: Start It Off Right
Chapter 11: Trust and Believe Me
Chapter 12: Payin'
Chapter 13: Not Playin' No Games
Chapter 14: Still Just Business
Chapter 15: Makin' Moves
Chapter 16: No one Else's
Chapter 17: Closer & Closer
Chapter 18: Flashbacks
Chapter 19: I Get It
Chapter 20: I'm Sorry
Chapter 21 (Pt.1): Memory Lane
Chapter 21 (Pt.2): Secrets and Plans
Chapter 22: Done
Chapter 23: All's Fair in Love & War
Chapter 24: Changes
Chapter 25: Trouble In Paradise Resolution
Chapter 26: Other Half
Chapter 27: Family Ties
Chapter 28: Too Early
Chapter 29: Love Like This
Chapter 30: What's Real
Chapter 31: Gettin' It Together
Chapter 32: Checking It Off
Chapter 33: Put An End To It
Chapter 34: When Its All Said And Done
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 7: The Policy

45.6K 1.6K 723
By BeautyAndTheBrain

Chapter 7

The Policy

--------------------------------
Cyn

When I pulled up to August's house there was a man standing in the watch box next to the gate this time. I hadn't seen him before, but he looked official so I wonder what was going on for him to be here.

"Hello!" I smiled pulling my shades off my eyes so I could get a good look at the man as he approached my car window.

The guy was buff. You could tell he stayed in the gym often, and he kept a few tattoos on his arm, and knuckles. Plus he was tall as hell so he seemed awfully intimidating, but when he got to smilin' it proved otherwise.

"Hi. Are you one of Mr.Alsina's friends?" He questioned peeking in my car to check for what I assume is some extra people or whatever else could harm August.

"No. I'm his Interior Designer, Cyntheia Rivera."

"Okay let me call up to the house to make sure he's expecting you." He stated walking back into the watch box, and dialin' August on the phone inside.

Once he was off the phone he jogged back over to my car leaning on the window.

"So August didn't answer. I see all your supplies in the back so I'm just gonna need some identification, and I can let you up. Also after a pat down so could you step out the car?" I was caught off guard by him wanting to pat me down, and almost wanted to tell him hell nah 'cause he wasn't the police, but I had a job to do so I got out grabbing my I.D. on the way.

He grabbed my I.D. lookin' it over before givin' it back to me. Soon after he told me to spread my legs and got to patting me down. I was a little uncomfortable when he got to patting down my butt and boobs, but let it slide because it was his job. Once he was finished, and let me go up, I drove up the driveway and parked at the top of the hill. After getting all of my crap out of the trunk and backseat into the house, I closed the door behind me and headed for the living room. I didn't hear anything from upstairs or anywhere else in the huge house so I assumed August was still sleep recovering from the hangover I'm sure he had, since he was takin' back drinks last night. So I opted on trying to be as quiet as possible to not wake him. It shouldn't be hard since the construction guys weren't due to come in until five. In the meantime I would just setup to finish off the fireplace.

As soon as I put down the second tile I heard footsteps coming from the stairwell, and someone talking. I had stopped what I was doin' to listen in.

"So are you going to call me?" I heard a chick ask.

"Yea I gotchu baybeh. " I heard August say.

Now I had peeked my head around the living room wall, and walked some ways into the hallway to see better. Sure enough August was at the front door wit' some broad standing in front of him. I rolled my eyes realizing he had smashed her, but continued to listen.

"You better. I'll see you later." She smiled leaning in to kiss him, but he quickly turned his head making her catch his cheek.

He laughed it off, and then closed the door in her face. As soon as I saw him about to turn around I took off back into the living room, and picked up a tile tryin' to look like I was busy, but at the same time keep quiet so he don't walk in, but of course my dumb ass dropped the tile making it shatter all over the tarp that was laid down under me.

"Shit." I mumbled setting down my scraper, and picking up the little pieces.

"Cyn?" I heard August call.

I looked up at the entry way to see him steppin' in. He was wearing just some sweatpants, and Nike socks. He was lookin' right with all his tattoos showing, but I couldn't be thinking about that, I had work to do.

"Hey. I'm sorry I just dropped this tile, but I'm about to clean it up, don't worry." I stated picking up some more pieces.

"No you good lil mama. What time did you get up in hea'?" He asked bending down to help me get the other pieces, but I swatted his hand away.

"Hey I'm the worker. Go on some where." I joked before standing up.

He laughed a little as I walked into his kitchen and threw the pieces away. As I was walking past his counter I saw the girls panties on the island and almost threw up. I was good on eating at the counter for a while.

"Damn you almost finished wit' da fireplace." August smiled when I walked back in the room.

"Yup, just one more tile to go." I stated picking up a new tile out of the bin, and climbing the ladder to place it.

"Yo be careful ma. Ion need you fallin' up in hea'."

"Please. I've been doin' this for years."

"Yea whateva, an this'll be yo year to bust yo ass." He stated smartly sitting on one of the chairs in the room.

I tried hard to focus on doing my work, but I needed so badly to say something about him and that girl.

"So is that the usual for you?" I asked steppin' down the ladder.

"Is what the usual?" He asked confused as I walked to my bin.

"Y'know. Having girls through here?"

I know its unprofessional to ask, but honestly I was just makin' conversation, and after the whole club scene I know we're past the whole professional thing.

"Oh... No actually. I ain't mean foe you ta see that." He stated scratchin' the back of his head.

"Oh I don't mind. This is you're house. I just don't want to walk in here and catch y'all in the act."

"Oh she ain't gone be back." He chuckled.

"But you told her you were gonna call her."

"And I also told my mama I'm still a virgin. So whats yo point?" He asked smartly.

I started crackin' up at him, but just shook my head. He was a damn shame.

"That's sad. She gone be all hopeful and stuff for like a month."

"So? She had her chance. She should have laid it down like she wanted a call within' a month. " He shrugged.

I smacked his arm as I walked past him to go on to my next task while laughing.

"You need to stop." I laughed.

"Yea whateva. So T let you in?" He asked.

"If you talkin' about the big dude at your gate then yes. After getting my I.D. and patting me down first."

"Damn he patted you down?"

"Yup. Kinda made me mad. Like what I'm gone come up here and kill you in broad day late for?"

"Well then. You gone kill a nigga at night?" He asked.

"Shut up you know what I meant." I laughed walking back to my bin.

"Yea iight I'm gone have T pat you down foe a Lil longa from now on."

"He'll probably enjoy it." I muttered.

August looked confused and a little upset causing me to stop and stand in front of him.

"Whatchu mean, he'll like dat?"

"I was just sayin' 'cause he was really pattin' me down around the butt and boobs area."

August nodded while pulling on his chin hair, and it made me feel like I shouldn't have said anything .

"But don't fire him or anything over it."

"Ain't nobody gone fire him. That's fam' , but imma talk ta him afta you leave. " He stated standing up.

"Okay." I nodded.

He walked out leavin' me to do some more work. I was a little upset that August had some random in here earlier, but of course August was a charmer so I no longer really cared.

"Yo Cyn, you want somethin' to eat or drank?" August yelled almost makin' me drop the hammer in my hand.

"Yea can I get some water?"

"Sure!"

When he came back in the room he handed me a water bottle while he ate some chips out of the bag. I snatched the water bottle out of his hand shaking my head at him. You'd think with all the money he has he would hire someone to cook for his ass instead of eating some chips.

"Why are you eating those? I know you have some thing else in this house to eat."

"I do. I jus' don't feel like cookin'." He shrugged.

I snatched the bag out of his hand rolling my eyes at him. He just stood there lookin' mad as he finished off the chips in his mouth before speaking.

"Aye gimme those back."

"No. Go cook yourself a real meal August."

"Bruh, I don't feel like it."

"And I care because?" I questioned raising my eyebrow.

He huffed, and sat back in the chair lookin' up at me. I just stood my ground not being affected by his little sad eyes he was trying to give me.

"So you really not gonna give 'em back huh?"

"Nope."

He sighed leaning back and licking his lips as he looked me over. Then out of no where he grabbed my waist pulling me towards him.

"Then make me somethin'." He stated biting his bottom lip.

I got a little nervous under his stare especially with the way he kept looking me over. Really started regretting my tank top.

"No." I finally said finding my voice.

"Yea come on. You don't want me eatin' my chips, so go make me somethin'."

"No August I have work to do." I stated trying to walk away, but he held on tight to me.

"You tol' me that yo job is to make yo clients happy. Some bomb ass food made by you, would make me happy." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes remembering our conversation from last night. He ain't have to use my own shit against me though.

"Fine. But I'm not making any extravagant meal or anything."

-----------------------------------------
August

Watching Cyn cook was havin' a nigga feel some type of way. She was lookin' good inna nigga kitchen. I knew I was gonna get her ta cook foe me once I pulled her lil thing 'bout makin' her clients happy, but low key a nigga thought she was finna hit me wit' dat famous line all chicks be usin',

'Go have that bitch make you some breakfast!'

After she saw ole girl leave this morning. Honestly a nigga ain't have no intentions on takin' some chick back ta the crib, a nigga jus' ended up gettin' wasted and shawty was on her A game and convinced me, but she wasn't nunin' memorable. But she the reason why T had came ta da crib. He wanted ta make sho' I ain't get shanked or nunin' and that paparazzi ain't come thu and catch ole girl leavin' out, but I guess Cyn did so that's jus' as bad. I mean I ain't want her ta thank I jus' stay smashin' random broads 'cause dat ain't da case at all.

"Alright. Here's your plate now I'm going to get back to work. " She stated handin' me my plate befoe walkin' out.

"Iigh. Thank you gawgeous!" I shouted afta her.

"Yea whatever!"

-------------------------------------------
Cyn

It was finally six and time for me to go home. The workers had came around four giving me and August a little more entertainment as they cracked jokes on one and other. This was my second year working with the crew so I was used to the guys, but August thought they were hilarious.

"Man leavin' me again?" August questioned as I packed up my stuff.

"Yup. I'm so tired." I whined.

"I bet. You ain't let a nigga help you do all that heavy liftin' shit so that's what yo ass get."

"Whatever. You hired me to work on your house. Not me work and you help."

"Yea guess you right."

"I always am." I smirked lifting up my bin, and dragging the other one while August grabbed the rest of my supplies.

We both headed out to my truck and put everything inside. Once everything was in I turned around to hug August. He quickly grabbed me embracing me tightly almost causing my chest to hurt.

"Let me go!" I yelled trying to get out of his tight grasp.

"Nope."

"August."

"Promise you'll cook foe me again an' i'a let you go." He bargained.

I rolled my eyes knowing there would be somethin' with him. I couldn't just go home like I wanted to.

"Fine. I'll cook for you again one day."

"Iight. Good enough foe me." He stated letting me go.

I took in a deep breath, and fixed my shirt. He was just smilin' at me when I looked up making me laugh at his goofiness. Even dead tired he got a smile outta me.

"Now good bye August. I'll be back Tuesday to work some more."

"Iight. Nah I'll foe sho' be gone until 'bout twelve dat day, but jus' know you free ta help yo self to anythang up in the kitchen. Jus' don't touch my cheetos." He stated.

"Okay August. So I guess I'll see you when I see you."

"Yea. Get home safe ma." He smiled opening my car door for me.

I slid in and closed it before waving at him through the window and pulling off.

-------------------------------
-Wednesday-

"Hey C!" Keyshia smiled as I walked into her office.

"Hey babe. What you in here doin', I thought you was ready to go."

"Girl I was but my boss just gave me a few more papers to input. Can you wait on me for like ten more minutes girl? I promise it won't be no longer than that." She reasoned.

"Girl go ahead and do your thing. I have no where to be for a while. " I stated waving her off.

Keyshia ran out of the room thanking me over, and over. Her car had broke down yesterday so she had me drop her off to work this morning, and now wanted me to pick her up to drop her off to the auto body shop to pick up her car. I had no problem helping her out because no matter what she's always been there for me so If she needed help with this one little thing I would help her. Besides I ain't have much to do today besides work on one of my clubs, and then I had a meeting with Yung Berg after I drop Keyshia off.

I wasn't too thrilled about the meeting considering I just wanted to go home, pop in a movie, and chill out, but I wasn't finna past up on a pay check so I was gonna go, and see what proposal he claimed to have for me.

After some time past Keyshia came back in with a smile on her face before gathering all of her stuff up.

"Alright I'm ready." She smiled.

"Okay. So what are you cheesin' about?" I asked her as we headed to the elevators.

"Well while I was gone Trent called me, and asked if I was free for dinner tonight, so I'm going out with him."

"Ooh this y'all third date. So everything going good I assume?"

We walked out of the elevator, and out the doors to the parking garage.

"Girl yes, real good. I'm feelin' like we could really be somethin' y'know?" She smiled.

"Yea girl. Well I'm happy for you, you need some proper love in yo life."

"Girl, who you tellin'!" She screamed making us both laugh as we got into the car.

I started it up, and pulled out heading out of the garage, and down the street.

"So what's up with you, and August? You work on his house today?" Keyshia questioned.

"Nah, I worked on it Tuesday, but he wasn't there. Nothing is going on with us, if anything we're building a little friendship. He texted me yesterday seeing what I was doing, and if everything was good at the house, but outside of that nothing crazy."

"Hm, a friendship huh? I guess that's good, but I wish y'all would go on a date. I hate to say it Cyn, but I really think y'all would be cute together. At the club y'all looked cute together just chillin', and havin' a good time. Plus you haven't been with anyone since Jayceon. You need proper love too Cyn."

"I know I do Keyshia, but I be busy, and August is a client so I can't mix business with pleasure, that's what got me in that shit with Jayceon in the first place. Besides I don't think August is a relationship type. Although he claims he ain't a hit it, and quit it man I don't buy it." I stated seriously.

Sure August was a great catch, but to an extent, and at the end of the day he was still a guy out here with a ton of money, and fame which mean girls are comin' for him left, and right, and I wouldn't blame him for dippin', and divin' every now, and again.

"Yea I understand, but I still think you should try it."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Once I got to the restaurant where I had to meet Berg at I got a table, and waited patiently. But while I was waiting my phone went off on the table. I leaned forward to see who the text message was from, and it was August. I immediately began smilin' as I pulled my phone off of the table, and unlocked it.

'What you doin'?'

'At a meeting waiting on Berg. Hbu?'

'Berg? That nigga. But I'm just chillin' in the studio listenin' to Chris lay this verse down.'

'Thats whats up. When you gone let me get some vocals on a track?' I joked.

Just then Berg came to the table smilin'.

"Hey baby!" He chessed pullin' me into a hug.

"Hey Berg, it's nice to see you." I fake smiled sitting back down as he did the same.

"It's always nice to see you too baby. So whats up what we got goin' on? You ain't order no drinks?"

"No I thought this would be quick so I didn't bother."

My phone vibrated on my lap, and I looked down reading the text.

'I gotta see what high notes you be hittin' in the bed room first ma. ;)'

I let a small laugh trying to stifle the real laugh I wanted to let out. Berg looked at me funny causing me to lock my phone back.

"Sorry about that. So what's your proposal?" I asked.

He immediately leaned forward wit' a big ass smile on his face making me nervous to hear what he had to say.

"I was wondering if you would like to be my date at the opening of the club?" He smiled.

I immediately rolled my eyes. He had got me to come all the way here to ask that dumb ass question? Well now he done wasted both his, and I's time.

"Sorry I can't." I lied.

"Why not?"

"I already have a date." I stated.

I didn't have one really, but I didn't know how to tell him that I just didn't want to go with him.

"Damn, really, who?"

"August. Alsina. August Alsina." I lied some more.

It was the first guy I could think of, and I was getting more nervous by the second.

"Oh shit you, and Yungin' . Well I guess I do gotta back off huh?"

"Yup."

"Well I guess I'll see y'all at the openin' then. See you later beautiful." He smiled getting up.

Once he was gone I immediately grabbed my phone, and texted August.

'I may just have gotten you into something...'

---------------------------------------------------

Keyshia and Bambi in MM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 886 54
sequel to Killer Stranger after Ran's death, Hikari and Rindou only have each other to turn to as they grieved. time passes and both get used to the...
2.4K 277 6
Title: ရသစုံရှိုးတစ်ခုမှာ ရုပ်ရှင်ဘုရင်ကြီးနှင့် ချစ်ကြိုက်သွားပြီးနောက် ငါနာမည်ကြီးလာခဲ့တယ် Genre: BL, Showbiz, Transmigration, Romance စုချီယွဲ့ (...
249K 7.9K 176
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
Halstead By C

Fanfiction

3.7K 83 7
Winona was the youngest Halstead and worked as a nurse in the same hospital as her brother Will. That's where she meets her soulmate.