The Capitals Flower

By sunflowersRus

The 67th hunger games is coming around. What happens when district four's tribute is none other than the very... More

Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chpater 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Part 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 7

2.4K 58 5
By sunflowersRus

Dahlia's pov:

It has been three days and we're down to three if us. Me, the girl from eight, and the boy from six. I've yet to run into either of them.

I have gotten loads of food from sponsors in the past few days and a few more knives. I know very well that these are only getting more expensive, along with the favors Finnick is probably doing for them.

No one has found me since I killed the careers. I don't think anyone is looking. My tree fort is still standing and I have been saving my food and rationing it out in too small portions for the amount I have. It hasn't been hard, as I don't feel like eating anymore.

I lay in my tree fort and try to get a full night of sleep when a scream breaks me out of my thoughts. I run outside of my tree fort and directly outside I see the two other tributes. The boy, who can't be older than thirteen lays on the ground with a spear in his chest.

I stay hidden as the girl looks around. She has badly wrapped cuts all the way down her arm. She won't last long as she didn't clean the cuts well and she knows it. That is why she is hunting us, well only me now.

I sit in silence as she scans the area. I don't move. She looks right over me and runs in the opposite direction. After a while I get up and go to the boy's body. He is still alive.

He is shaking and tears are running down his cheeks. It is a miracle he is still breathing. He will undoubtedly die any minute. Nothing I can do would save him.

"H-help me please." He begs.

"Don't worry. What is your name?" I ask going to his side using the extra bandages to patch up a few cuts on his arm because I know that is all I can do.

"A-abram." He says still shaking.

"Well Abram you see those stars right up there?" I ask.

He nods.

"Well that's a constalation. If you connect the stars it makes pictures. What do you think that one looks like?" I ask calmly.

"It looks like a bear!" He says enthusiastically.

"Exactly!" I say matching his enthusiasm.

He smiles at the sky for a few moments.

"Thank you" He says quietly.

I brush the hair out of his face as he closes his eyes for the last time. A cannon goes off. I get a flower and place it behind his ear.

I grab my supplies and go to the cornacopia. This ends now. I will wait there until she comes back. I don't doubt she will, all her stuff is here. Poorly hidden under a few rocks.

I lay on the top of the cornacopia staring at the stars. If I die at least I will have died under a sky full of stars. I braid my hair up in two French braids knowing that there will most likely be a fight soon and having my hair in my face is not something I need.

I wait for what seems like hours just staring at the stars like me and Finnick used to. I smile at the memories, their all I have.

Finnick's Pov:

I watch on the edge of my seat as Ceaser commentates what is happening. All the mentors gather around one TV. Most mentors stop watching the games when their tributes die.

But these games are different. They all want to see Dahlia win. It has been a while since we have seen a kid who isn't heartless make it to the last two.

Even Haymitch and Brutus are here. They didn't even show up for their own tributes. Dahlia won over the mentors when she placed flowers on her enemies, an act of kindness that has been vacant from the games for years.

Everyone in the capital had gone mad for her. They nicknamed her "The Capital's Flower". I know I should be happy she is getting all these sponsors from it but it bothers me knowing that the capital has already taken ownership of her.

I won't let what happened to me happen to her. She already has lost so much innocence as it is. I watch as she braids her hair under the stars. The moonlight shining on her at the perfect angle. She looks beautiful, like a goddess. My whole world sits on the cornucopia, waiting for death to approach.

"What is she doing?" Ceaser asks the other commentator.

"It seems she is waiting for Lydia."

Lydia the girl who Dahlia is up against. Lydia has killed two boys so far. She got her arm hurt when fighting the first one and didn't clean it correctly and she knows she has a limited time now.

Dahlia could take her if she tried. The problem is I know Dahlia is not the type of person to try and hurt someone without a reason. Maybe just maybe that little boy would be enough to convince her to kill.

Dahlia's Pov:

I finally hear a voice behind me.

"What a shame, I'd hate to mess up such a pretty face." Lydia says.

I chuckle as I stand up and look her in the eyes.

"Don't stress, you won't have to worry about that." I say coldly

She just smiles a sick smile and walks over to me taking out a spear.

"Don't worry I'll make this quick." She says.

"Come on do we really have to fight? Let the capital take advantage like this? This is what they want come on." I say tossing my knife away.

"You shouldn't have done that." She says throwing the spear at me.

It lands into my arm. I yank it out ignoring the pain, and trying to keep the tears in.

"I gave you the chance." I say gripping the spear.

She rolls her eyes and takes a knife out. She runs toward me and buries it into my chest. I scream as I launch her off the cornacopia. She grabs my arm last minute and pulls me down with her.

I land on top of her and aim the spear at her chest. Before I can stab her she throws me off her. She is about to dig the knife farther into me but I quickly throw her to the ground.

I put my foot on her stomach keeping her down. She struggles and grabs the spear from my hand. She quickly stabs my leg and yanks the spear down leaving my leg gushing blood.

I let out a blood curdling scream. She gets up as I grab a knife off the floor and throw it right in her chest. She looks down, before yanking it out.

She immediately falls over. A cannon goes off. I feel lightheaded. Then everything goes black.

Finnick's Pov:

Everyone silently watches the fight. I can barely handle seeing Dahlia in this much pain. Finally the cannon goes off. Dahlia won!

Then all of a sudden Dahlia falls down unconscious. I stand up quickly panic filling me. She can't die. No she can't. The Capital wouldn't let her.

"The winner of the 67th Hunger Games." Ceaser says obviously concerned.

A hovercraft takes her and I run to wait for her. In a matter of minutes they are bringing Dahlia on a stretcher.

I can barely breathe. They push me away from her when I try to get close. They take her in a room. I try and follow but one of the nurses pushes me out.

"Dahlia! Dahlia!" I call barely able to contain my dred that she may be dead.

I see her limp body covered in cuts and bruises and huge gashes on her chest and down her leg. I bang on the door trying to get in but Mags just puts her hand on my back.

"She has to live." I say quietly.

Mags just nods understandingly. I feel helpless, I have felt this way since the moment Dahlia was reaped. But I haven't felt this helpless ever. At least I could send her gifts from sponsors but now it's all down to the few Capitol doctors.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose her and I'm so close to it happening. I sit anxiously in a chair in front of the room normally occupied by the victor's family.

I sit here all night waiting for her to be okay. I feel like I may throw up. Finaly a doctor comes out.

"Oh Mr. Odair your still here?" She asks.

"Yes, is she alright?" I ask desperatly.

She looks taken aback by my concern.

"Yeah she's fine. She lost a lot of blood though so we needed to do a transfusion. She also took a pretty bad hit to the chest luckily it didn't pierce any essential organs so she will be fine." She says looking at her clipboard.

"Can I see her?" I ask

"Of course, she is still unconscious though." She says opening the door for me.

I walk into the room nervously. She lays on a hospital bed with most of her cuts and bruises gone. She looks so peaceful. I sit next to her and silently wait for her to wake up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 8.2K 30
Lyanna was from district 11, despite the poverty she was always cheerful. At age 14 she won the 68th annual Hunger Games and became a capital sweethe...
2.4K 63 12
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔" It is the 66th Hunger Games when Oceana Fonta...
208K 3.9K 15
" On the 75th anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest amongst them can not overcome the power of the Capitol, the male and f...
25K 407 26
Daphne Elsher a 15 year old girl from district four is reaped for the 68th hunger games. Through all the fear of the games she can't help but keep he...