THE LAURENT COVEN ยน

By AjxLawley

๐Ÿฆ‹ ๐”๐”ž๐”ก๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ ๐”ฆ๐”ฐ ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”จ๐”ข ๐”ค๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ถ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ข๐”ก ๐”ฆ๐”ฐ ๐”ž ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ฉ๐”ข ๐”ญ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ๐”ฅ ๐”๐”ข๐”ค๐”ž๏ฟฝ... More

๐Ÿฆ‹
๐Ÿฆ‹
.001
.002
.003
.004
.005
.007
.008
.009
.010

.006

193 8 0
By AjxLawley

Chapter Six
006. Kennedy Emery Mitchel!

"SO IT WAS JUST YOUR USUAL DATE NIGHTS YOU BOTH HAVE?" Ms. Tig found Dean to be the easiest out of most students who came into her office. Most sessions would be met with disinterest in talking. Dean walked in and asked to talk about the incident, she had not beckoned him. Nor was he mandated by Alaric to meet with Ms. Tig yet.

"We always go to this spot in the woods that has the perfect view of the town. Kennedy kept saying she was hearing something but I had this headache I always get and I didn't notice anything. So we just kept going but then—I." The room was silent as Dean stared down at his hands. His leg bounced incessantly and Ms. Tig watched as he wet his lips.

"You saw something." Nodding his head Ms. Tig could hear the oh god slip through his lips as he placed his face in his hands. Looking back up he watched as Ms. Tig jotted down several notes without even looking at them. Her eyes stayed locked on his and it was like she could see everything he was feeling. Several minutes passed and neither of them said a word.

"We were running. Whatever that thing was scratched her. Blood was everywhere and I—I pushed her when it ran at us. She fell down a hill and when I got to her she wasn't breathing anymore I—" A sob left his lips as recalled the traumatizing night. Ms. Tig stopped taking notes, she took a deep breath as she felt an uneasy feeling wash over her. The night was full of madness, she could remember the dejected look on his face as Faye and Henry brought him in. Henry carried him down to the transition cells while Faye was freaking out about a body in the woods. Alaric called Sheriff Donovan, Ms. Tig called Dean's parents.

"It's not your fault Dean. It was an accident," Ms. Tig said, handing him the box of tissues he placed it on the small table next to his chair. Shaking his head he was sure it was his fault, pointing out how they explained the werewolf curse. Ms. Tig sighed, deciding to steer the conversation in another direction she asked about his birth parents.

"I don't know anything about them. My parents woke up to their doorbell ringing one night and I was on their porch in a basket. Real cliche orphan story."

🦋

A GROAN LEFT FAYE'S LIPS AS THE COOL BREEZE FROM HER WINDOW WOKE HER. Sitting up she looked to her left to see Henry wrapped up in her blanket. She grabbed the edge of the blanket giving it a light tug but it stayed snug to Henry's body.

"Dude stop hogging," Faye said, hitting him with her pillow he ducked under the blanket whining for her to stop. A loud huff left her lips as she was clearly not going to get any of her blanket or back to sleep. She walked over to her mirror and mascara danced all around her face, taking out a makeup wipe as she cleaned her face a loud yawn escaped Henry's mouth.

"So exactly how do you know Dean?" Henry asked with a smirk playing on his lips. Faye rolled her eyes turning back to her mirror. She was well aware she would never hear the end of it if she did not offer some kind of explanation.

"He's a townie who works at my favorite little coffee shop. Please be nice, he's going to need all the help he can get," Faye said, brushing her hair, she gave Henry a pointed look. Henry only laughed saying he was not mean but Faye pointed out he was not the warmest person either. The two continued to banter before Henry promised her he would help Dean with his transition into the pack. She quickly put on jeans and a simple blouse, deciding to keep her hair down for the day. "Feel free to hang out but I have my session with Emma in a few minutes so I have to go."

As she walked through the hall she passed Cecelia who was holding two tiaras, likely for Lizzie and Josie. It was surprising to even see the girl up and running as she was high out of her mind the night prior. This business happened to not be Faye's so like a good patron she decided to mind her business and leave Cecelia's alone. The door was only a few feet away but Faye slowed her pace as she watched Dean and Ms. Tig chatting as she walked him out. Dean turned from Ms. Tig but froze when he made eye contact with Faye.

"Hey," The exchange felt awkward as Dean offered a meek hello in exchange. It was silent for a moment as the two avoided each other's gazes but Faye broke it by offering to have breakfast with him later. He muttered maybe before excusing himself leaving Faye to watch him disappear down the hall before joining Ms. Tig.

🦋

CECELIA SPORTED A HUGE GRIN ON HER FACE AS SHE CARRIED THE TIARAS. After treating herself to a cup of coffee she walked to her cousins' room jovially. The twins were now sixteen and the day would have to be perfect or Elizabethzilla would come to play. She was excited about many things mostly the partying but also to see her Aunt Caroline. When she stopped in front of the door she knocked with enthusiasm and as expected Josie was the first to open it.

"Happy Birthday Jojo!" Cecelia said and Josie giggled as her cousin placed the tiara on her head without asking. Before she could do the same Lizzie engulfed Cecelia into a hug thanking her for the tiaras. Both Josie and Cecelia looked at each other confused. "Alright did Lizzie smoke or something? You're never this nice to me or this happy what's up with you?"

"Isn't it a beautiful day for a party?" Lizzie said, smiling at the two who stared back at her confused. "Why wouldn't I be? Mom's coming home, I had sex with Raf last night, my pores are practically invisible—"

"Wait, what?" Josie said and Cecelia watched as her face fell. Cecelia said happy birthday one last time before excusing herself, the energy in the room felt odd. Not wanting her cheerful mood to go she skipped through the halls until she made it to Hope's room. She knocked twice before letting herself in.

"Hey Cece," Hope said, sketching on her notepad Cecelia raised an eyebrow considering retreating from the odd energy of the room. Conflicted between keeping her upbeat mood going she sighed before joining Hope on the bed. Cecelia wasted no time in asking her friend what was wrong. It became clear in those hours she would disappear to smoke. She would miss a lot happening not just in the school but with her best friend. Hope did not look up as she explained they sent Landon away.

"I'm sorry Hope. I didn't even know you guys decided." A silence took over for a second as Hope shrugged. She put her sketchbook aside as she pointed out that was not the hardest part of the night. Cecelia's eyes went wide as Hope repeated what Henry had said to her in the honor council meeting.

"I always knew he blamed me but to practically hear him say it." Hope paused as her eyes began to water. Cecelia placed her hand onto Hopes as she used her other hand to rub her back. She whispered to Hope it was not her fault but it did not matter, "I never wanted things to play out the way they did. I just wanted to see my Dad. I wanted Henry to see our Dad."

"Henry is hurting right now but he loves you, Hope. Right now he needs some space but you're his sister. He is always going to love you." Cecelia said as Hope buried her face into Cecelia's shoulder. The two stayed like that for several minutes before Hope asked to be alone. Kissing Hope's forehead, Cecelia told her she loved her before leaving the room. The walk back to her room felt solemn now as all the joy she felt at the beginning of her day felt long gone. In her room, she glanced at her dresser as she considered drinking a beer. On the top of her dresser sat her cellphone taking it out she clicked on the person she missed most. It rang several times before it went to voicemail.

"Hey, it's Bonnie sorry I missed your call. Shoot me a text so I remember to call you back." The answering machine finished and the automated voice message began its default script. Cecelia waited for the familiar beep noise to go off and when it did she realized she had no clue what to say.

"Hey, Mom. I was just um—calling to see how you were. Are you coming for the twins' birthday? I uh—I stopped a gargoyle attack," A soft chuckle left her lips as she recalled Alaric being so angry at her. Despite her small laugh, a frown lined her face, "Uncle Ric was so mad at me. Anyway, I miss you. I'll tell the twins you said Happy Birthday."

She ended the call with a bitter feeling in her chest. The last she had spoken to her mother was a few weeks prior. She had gotten into trouble for cutting class which resulted in a video call with her mother reprimanding her. A sigh left her lips before she reached into the dresser's side drawer, retrieving the blunt she had rolled the night prior.

🦋

HENRY WAITED SEVERAL MINUTES OUTSIDE THE ROOM OF THE NEW WOLF, he promised Faye he would help him out but first there needed to be a mutual understanding. When Dean's door finally opened Henry offered a seemingly sardonic smile followed by a wave. The head tilt and wiggle of his fingers appeared mocking. He introduced himself as the Alpha of the wolves and Faye's best friend.

"I'm not up for chatting right now," Dean said, attempting to walk past him but Henry pushed him against the wall. The show of strength was normal amongst wolves and as an alpha, he knew he would have established dominance. Henry chuckled to himself as he let go of Dean's shirt and straightened out the wrinkles he had caused.

"Thing is Dean, this conversation is not much of a choice and I'm not asking you. I know this can be a lot the new school, the transition, and especially the fact you killed someone. Someone you clearly cared for—" As Henry spoke Dean glared at him, his nostrils were flaring as Henry spoke nonchalantly.

"Kennedy. She was my girlfriend," Despite hearing him Henry could tell the boy was everything but in control of his emotions. He looked Dean in the eyes apologizing for his girlfriend, Trinity. Purposely saying her name wrong and he watched as Dean's eyes glowed, "Her name is Kennedy!"

"Calm down!" Growling back Henry once again pinned the boy to the wall. As Dean's eyes reverted Henry offered a genuine apology for Kennedy while also stating his point, "See how just saying her name wrong triggered your werewolf side. That cannot happen, not if you want to see your parents, or be out in the real world again. I am going to help you but I realize Faye cares about you and I care about her. You hurt her in any way you're going to have a pissed off tribrid to worry about, got it?"

"I would never hurt her. I never wanted to hurt Kennedy either." Looking at the floor it was obvious Dean was no longer paying attention to Henry. Caught up in his own head he muttered he was a monster. Henry watched him remembering when his father placed his hand on his shoulder and told him what he needed to hear.

"Dean, look at me," Henry said, resembling the moment with Klaus in every way and form. He placed his hand on Dean's shoulder and looked him in the eye, "You're not alone. We all have been through this."

Dean nodded his head before walking down the hall and Henry could see his little pep talk did nothing for him. Henry watched as the newly minted wolf walked with his head hung low and a heavy heart. "Her name was Parker."

"What?" Looking back at Henry just a few steps down the hall his eyebrows furrowed. Henry went on to explain that he triggered his curse when he was a boy. He got on a bus back home thinking he could find his father when people realized who he was in the French Quarter he lost control. He made the earth shake with his mind and a piece of shrapnel killed a bystander, her name was Parker. Dean said nothing as they stared at each other and the two came to a mutual understanding of the other. Henry disappeared down the other end of the hall while Dean watched him walk away. Arriving at his room, he got dressed for the Saltzman birthday party. As he grabbed his suit jacket he could see the suit from his mother's funeral, it was dirty and stained. On his desk sat a picture of Parker, he had taken it from her memorial. Her short dark hair framed her face nicely. She was smiling at the camera with Mardi Gra beads around her neck and a drink in her hand. He pushed the memories to the back of his mind as he closed the closest and was ready to head to Faye's room. Walking into her room without knocking she was struggling to clasp her locket.

"Already on it," Henry said, coming behind her he clasped it with ease.  The locket was shaped like a heart and held a picture of her mother on it. Faye immediately asked if Henry had seen Dean, she was sure he was avoiding her. Henry told her about their conversation and she found it shocking that he talked about his transition. "You ready?"

"Yeah let me just slip my shoes on," Faye said, balancing on one leg she put her heels on one foot at a time. They were open-toed and strappy, her hair was pinned up with bangs framing her face. She wore red lipstick and mascara, the centerpiece being a simple black dress that nearly reached mid-thigh. Henry took note of her appearance, it was odd seeing her outside of jeans or the school uniform. "How do I look? Do I look alright?"

"You look beautiful," Henry paused as he stood up from the edge of Faye's bed. She fiddled with her stud earrings as he watched her carefully, "You are beautiful."

"Thanks, Henry," Faye chuckled at the compliment as he held out his arm to her. She took it pointing out that he cleaned up well for a brooding dog. The two walked out of the room joking about what antics Lizzie had up her sleeve. It was comfortable until they both halted at the sight of Dean. He was sitting alone in the lounge with a glass of water and a half-eaten sandwich. Faye's heart ached for him but she wanted to give him his space.

"Hey, Dean! You coming to the Saltzman birthday party?" Henry called out and it surprised Faye to see the friendly side of Moody Mikaelson. Dean kindly declined but Henry walked over eyeing him up. He concluded they were around the same size badgering him about a suit that Dean could use. It only took a few minutes before Henry and Faye were walking Dean back to Henry's room. The suit fitted a little snug on Dean but the three walked to the party together.

As they entered the three were met with multiple streamers and balloons. Beautiful lavender curtains created a tent-style look on the ceiling and the banisters were decorated with beautiful white roses. The usual chandelier hung from the center of the ceiling sparkling beautifully under the colored lights. On the left big letter balloons spelled Lizzie while the right side spelled Josie. Beneath it, all were several students already dancing and to the right was the DJ booth. On both sides of the DJ booth were two silver number balloons that said sixteen.

"This is incredible," Faye said, knowing both Dean and Henry could hear her over the loud music and cheers of the students. Walking down the stairs the three grabbed some punch before taking a corner and chatting amongst themselves. Henry and Penelope made eye contact before the two began shamelessly flirting. Faye did not pay much attention as Brock Meister stood chatting about something she was not listening to. In this time both Henry and Faye failed to notice Dean awkwardly lingering. After a few minutes he found a seat and sat there milking the lonely boy in a suit look. The worst part being it was not just a look, he missed his friends, his family, and most of all Kennedy.

"Welcome birthday girl number one and her lucky escort!" The DJ announced, turning everyone's attention to the stairs. Lizzie stood at the top walking down slowly in a beaded baby blue dress and white fur coat. Her hair sat in a high ponytail and her smile faltered as the light shined on her and no one was at her side. The crowd cheered for her despite the expression on her face and Faye watched as MG met her at the bottom. They chatted amongst themselves as MG greeted her with a single red rose. Lizzie's eyebrows furrowed and confetti twinkled in the air as it fell around her. The scenery was everything a girl could ask for as Girls Just Wanna Have Fun blared through the speaker.

"Oh I almost forgot here loser," Henry said, pulling out a pack of all pink Starbursts Faye's face lit up. She took them smiling like a bandit as they were her favorite. Opening the bag she popped one in her mouth before jumping back as Cecelia stood before her. Her heels brought her tiny stature even higher but Faye's heels made her taller than usual as well. Cecelia wore a tight black top and tight grey skirt, a quick glance makes it appear as if she's wearing a dress. On her feet were high grey pumps and her hair was curled and pinned to the left side.

"Have you seen Josie or Hope?" She asked but Faye shook her head glancing over at Henry who was still chatting with Penelope. Penelope caught Faye's gaze before redirecting Henry's attention.

"What can I do for you, Cecelia?" He smirked as she grumbled about him using her full name. The concern on her face did not falter as Henry said he had not seen Hope or Josie throughout the day. She did not stay with Faye and Henry, walking through the party MG and Lizzie was impossible to reach as they danced in the center of the party. Outside Cecelia walked back toward the dorm hall but she stopped as a familiar woman, Alaric, and Hope all stood.

"What the hell is going on?" Cecelia asked, walking over she engulfed Hope into a hug stressing how she had been worried. Hope said there was a lot but just know it involved Penelope and a barrier spell. Both girls then turned to Alaric and the strange woman he had pressed against a tree.

"She looks like—Ric is she my—" The woman stared at Cecelia with wide eyes, there were distinct features that screamed Bonnie but the look in her eyes resembled her father. Alaric spoke over her telling her now was not the time.

"Who is she?" Cecelia questioned but Alaric yelled Josie is in danger we need to go. Alaric tasked both Cecelia and Hope with finding Josie, telling them to head by the shed and grab shovels he promised to catch up with them. As they walked through the woods Hope explained all that had happened and pointed out the smell of weed she was picking up from Cecelia's hair. "I'm no saint you know this Hope."

"Yeah but I just don't want you to get yourself in trouble," Walking through the woods they were nearing the cemetery as she pointed out that is what she had Hope for. No matter how far Cecelia would go with things Hope was always there to keep her from doing something way out of hand.

"You two gonna howl at the moon wearing that?" The sound of Penelope Park surprised Cecelia as she was just inside the party flirting with Hope's brother. Cecelia did not miss an opportunity to poke fun of it, "Her brother will never bone you while talking to his sister like that."

"No time for bitchy banter. Actually, we could use your help in finding Josie. Long story short her possessed biological mother buried her alive in the cemetery," Looking at Hope, she perked up at the missing information.

"She's my father's sister?" Cecelia said, looking back at where they came from she tossed her shovel to MG before going to head back. Hope grabbed her wrist saying there was no time for this but Cecelia tugged her wrist away. Telling them she was sure they could find Josie but the answers about her father could never come again. Hope said nothing as her best friend walked back toward the school alone.

Meanwhile, Faye drank her punch quietly as Sparks by Coldplay played softly. While everyone slow danced Faye's mind appeared to be elsewhere. Still sitting at a table a few feet away Dean wore the same expression. Henry had been mingling amongst the student body as Penelope had disappeared. He stood on the other side of the room when he finally noticed the expression on Faye's face. Plucking one of the roses off of the banister he held it out in front of her.

"May I have this dance, Ms. Laurent?" He asked bowing like a fool and she giggled. Taking the rose she brought it to her nose and offered a dramatic smile.

"Yes you may Mr. Mikaelson but please call me Faye," She said, taking his hand and the two moved to the dance floor. The proximity did not make them uncomfortable as they laughed at each other's antics.

"Of course but please call me Henry," Offering a child-like smile it felt like an eternity since she had seen him smile the way he was. The two swayed back and forth as they giggled at each other like children. Despite this Henry watched as her face fell a bit. "You okay?"

"I know it's really out of the blue but—I miss my family," Faye revealed as the Wisp Song by Winter Aid played. The lights became lower and the room felt intimate despite the multiple people within it.

"That's fair. You're with family though. Never forget that" Henry said, looking her in the eyes she offered a warm smile. The room felt as if it were only the two of them in it, maybe because they were the only ones in the room who understood the other. Breaking the stare Henry glanced over at Dean before backing away from her, "Misery loves company."

She froze as Henry disappeared into the crowd, leaving her to approach Dean. It was evident Dean was oblivious to all that was around him. She walked over slowly and it was obvious he would not want to dance. Taking the seat next to him she placed her hand on his own and watched as he flinched. Looking up at her his eyebrows were pinched.

"I'm so sorry about Kennedy but it's not your fault. She loved you and she knows you never meant to hurt her." Faye said and watched as the confused expression fell. He placed his hand on hers before offering the only smile he could muster while saying thank you. "Is it okay if I join you? We don't have to talk, we can just sit here."

"I'd like that."

🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 356 72
Always and forever
160K 4.9K 27
๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ ...๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—Ž๐—‰๐–พ๐—‹๐—‡๐–บ๐—๐—Ž๐—‹๐–บ๐—… ๐—‹๐–พ๐—Œ๐—‚๐–ฝ...
354K 10.1K 112
๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ž ๐†๐ข๐ฅ๐›๐ž๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐Ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฏ๏ฟฝ...
136K 3.3K 36
๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜บ, ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜•๐˜ช...