THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley

2.9K 80 31
By Alhexandria22

Karmale's POV.

Wednesday afternoon...

At the NGO!

"The people present, a good morning." Miss Katherine greeted.

She was an old lady who chose to live a single life after suffering in a marriage full of violence. Grey headed with wrinkles all over her face, the scars still marked on her face. Beautiful that they have a story they carry. Even more beautiful that they no longer bring her tears. She is healed. In her pain, she decided to help other women. She started an organisation to protect and promote women's rights.

"Good morning, ma'am." The crowd chorused.

"A special welcome to our very honoured guest, Miss Karmale Hale Kane."

The crowd applauded and someone was heard ulullating in the background.

A faint smile wore up my face.

"Today we are here to officially open our new branch of this NGO."

The crowd applauded.

"But before we do that, I would like our guest of honour to come up and say a word or two." She added.

I stood up from the round table at which I sat and wobbled to the podium.

"I am humbled to be here with you all today and it would be my pleasure to say something too." I jovially smiled my eyes casually searching the audience.

They applauded. Wow! They were really a motivating audience that surely valued the occasion happening right about then.

"A woman is power." I started.

"She is her family's backbone." I added.

"She is always the strength behind a man. You have all heard of the saying that says, ' behind every successful man is a woman. "

They all nodded in approval.

"If he dares to step on you, then he is simply a coward. A true man appreciates a woman and he is not intimidated by her success. He instead supports and respects her."

"My fellow women, know your worth."

"You are more than a sex object."

"Thank you." I concluded.

They all rose to their feet and applauded. I also saw two women cry. Woah!
I bowed in respect and left the platform.

Miss. Katherine took over and gave the programme to be followed.

I and a few other VIP guests spear headed the opening of the new branch. We moved to where a big red ribbon was and cut it open.

Some of the women screamed in elation and others wore smiles. Some bore tears in their eyes.

I was called for a photo shoot. I had to dress in various white shirts with words like; POWERFUL, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, SMART,...

It was all for the purpose of women empowerment.
I spent the whole afternoon posing in all styles you can think of.

At around 4:39pm, I decided to leave but Miss Katherine just wouldn't let me and neither would the other women. Miss Katherine wanted me to have a snack while the other women wanted autographs. I gave a few of them autographs and for food, I had a glass of water. I had no appetite at all.

I then made for my car in the parking lot. As I briskly walked to where it was, I noticed that I had a flat tyre.

"Seriously? Like right now when I have somewhere very important to be? Jeez!" I kicked one of the tyres.

I moved on in hope of finding a petrol station where I would maybe find a mechanic. For my bad luck, there was none in sight.

I moved on and on. After I had covered a good distance, I saw this guy park just where I was.

"Beautiful lady, can I give you a lift?" He kindly offered.

He was a curly blonde with a cute smile and nerd round glasses. I was not going to take any chances.

"No, thanks." I replied.

"Come on, I know your feet are already hurting in those heels." He persisted.

"Please, mind your own business." I replied trying not let him get to my nerves.

He moved out of his pink Toyota Land Rover and came to where I stood. I was puzzled. Like which guy drives a pink car?  Weird weirdo!

"What the actual hell?" I asked this guy who was now pulling me to enter his car.

"Come on, please." He begged.

"You must be mad." I retorted.

"Please."he continued to pull me.

Even I talked rudely or reprimanded his action, he did not stop. He tugged on my coat like a child would pull their mother's skirt to get their attention. He was utterly persistent and my face was grow red in anger by every passing minute. He kept pulling. The passers-by started to stare as if waiting for me to fall down which was the surely the next thing given how the psycho was pulling me.

I raised my hand and gave him a tight slap across the face. He immediately dropped my clothing.

"I am sorry, miss." He apologised and ran to his car. He drove off really fast like his life depended on it.

"Weird idle soul." My eyes followed his vehicle.

I walked a little more but when the heels became unbearable, I took them off and held them in my hands. I was going to walk all the miles down the city to the cemetery. I didn't want blisters this early. I actually dismissed my pursuit for a mechanic and focused on getting to the home of my loved grandma. Thinking about her alone made my heart stir in pain.

Another car that I think I might have spotted across the street when I slapped the guy in the pink ride stopped right in front of me.

"What is wrong with people this evening?" I stopped walking.

"Hope in.

"Hell- I know that voice."

"Caramel, jump in."

Ryxel Grande Black!

There was no way I was going to get into a black maserati with that criminal and be blackmailed even more.

"I'm not going to plead."

I felt my legs up in the air and my body over something hard and black. I was slung over Ryxel's rock shoulder and my eyes were in view of a black tuxedo. His intoxicatingly seductive cologne was just... something I think I missed.

"Put me down you lowlife!" I screamed.

"You do not kiss lowlifes, Caramel."

Ryxel dropped me in the co- drivers seat like I had no weight of my own.

"Are you now going to kidnap me because I refused to take your brother's case?" I asked.

"I could do something better than that." He smirked.

"Like?" I inquired.

"Like strip you naked, tie you up and flogg you." He said with a sudden shred of seriousness that unnerved me.

My skin shimmered with goosebumps beneath the layers of my suit. Ryxel brushed his fingers on my cheek and I flashed red.

"Sensitive. I like it." He whispered in my ear making my pinna burn with a bright red.

He shut my door with a loud bang making my eyes open from darkness. They followed him as he walked over to his side.

"Where do you want to go, Caramel?" He sat down.

"Angel's Den Cemetery." I answered.

"Mmm? I didn't catch the last word you said." Ryxel asked but this time too closely.

His breath was on my skin. Fresh and minty breath was like the cool summer sea on my burning skin.

He stretched his hand to my shoulder.

"Don't touch me, Ryxel!" I coldly said.

His hand went over my shoulder and he pulled out the seat belt. I exhaled.

"Quick judgement, Caramel. Too quick!"

He slowly pulled down the seat belt to my breasts then my tummy then to the corner of the chair.

"Stop it, Ryxel." I held my breath.

****

It was a three hour drive to the small cemetery. Ryxel and I didn't say anything to one another so it was boring. I'm glad though. He did not do anything less comfortable for me. He kept his focus on the road and I on my meditation. Occasionally, I stole glances at him and was impressed by movement of his muscles as he drove. It was admirable.

"I know you like what you see, Caramel." He mused.

This guy is really cocky.

I just rolled my eyes and faced the window. I silently resumed my meditation.

We finally arrived at the cemetery. Ryxel waited in the car as I put on my maroon stilettos and moved out.

The gate man at the cemetery gate bowed his head in greeting and I returned the greeting with a faint smile.

I was his usual visitor here at the cemetery. Whenever I felt like I missed grandma, I would drop by regardless of how late it was. It was 10:00pm and visiting hours had ended an hour ago but he still let me in.

Grandma Miley's grave stone was laid straight from the gate. It was in the centre of the cemetery. It was a small beautiful silent place with carnation flowers littered all over.

"May their souls rest in peace." I whispered to myself.

I knelt quietly at grandma Miley's and I did not realise when I began to cry.

"I miss you, grandma." I cried.

I cleaned the tears and knelt quietly. I felt a cold drop land on my cheek and I looked up. It was drizzling. But I did not move.

Not because I did not want to but I did not have the energy to.

All over a sudden, the drops were no more. I looked up and I noticed that I was being shielded by an umbrella. A black umbrella held by... I can only vaguely see my surroundings but my nostrils are perfectly alright They cannot deceive me. It is Ryxel holding the umbrella. That is his dark phoenix cologne.

I forced my way up but I just fell into two powerful arms.

***

Ryxel's POV.

At around 1:00am, I had parked in front of Caramel's apartment. She had fallen unconscious at the cemetery and had only partially awoken. She was breathing but asleep. She was a beauty in her sleep. I could stare and never grow tired from it. Watching her sleep there and then became my desire. Fuck! She looked peaceful. Less arrogant. Her lips curved into a frown of discomfort. It faded when a slight wind pushed away the hair in her face. She pouted instead. She looked cute.

I think she just blinked. She is awake.

"What happened to you, Caramel?" I asked as she sat up.

"Please, don't shout at me." She folded her hands in appeal.

What? This is not like her.

I wonder what is eating her up from inside. I remember the tears that rolled down her cheeks when she passed out. She felt so light in my arms.  Before he eyes fully shut, they glowed with a pain so familiar. That of loss of a beloved one. Her bracelet had fallen out of her purse. The pieces were poorly joined as if by an amateur. I had picked it up.

I saw it dangle from my pocket and pushed it further inside.

"Come here,Caramel." I  gestured to my laps.

She moved from her seat and bounced on my laps.
I stroked her hair and as she cried in my chest.

"It's okay, baby girl."

"I am sorry, I just didn't have appetite." She apologized.

"It's okay, Caramel." I soothed even when I wasn't sure about what she was talking about. Now that I come to think of it, she must have eaten less or nothing through the day. Her physical weakness alone gave her away.

"Don't punish me, papa."

"I won't, baby girl."I responded.

"Don't tell grandma what I just did."

"I won't, Caramel."I pressed on.

"It will break her heart."

"I won't, Caramel bear." I had this urge to stop her from crying. It just didn't suit her.

"Pinky promise."she whispered.

"Yeah, pinky promise." I whispered but she didn't say more and the tears were ceased too. She had dozed off in my laps. I carried her upstairs,  changed her clothes and tucked her into bed.

"Don't leave me." I heard Caramel say. I stopped in my tracks.

I moved closer to where her bed was but she was fast asleep.

"Papa! Why did you tell grandma? You just broke her heart. She is no more."

A tear escaped her closed swollen eyes.

"Please grandma, don't leave me. Please. No one here loves me like you do.
They actually don't love me at all. Please come back, grandma."

She was sleep talking. I was scared she would lose it if she woke up without anyone by her side.

I did not mind her reaction in the morning. I took off my coat and lay on the side next to her. I pulled her closer to me and her body relaxed against mine. She silently slept.

"She must love her old woman but there's more to that." I kept working my mind.

"What breaks her down? For I know she is stronger than that. That is why I picked her for a lawyer. She is strong and brilliant. But is this pain-" i sharply exhaled.

"I don't care," I said more to myself, "I only need her to win Liam's case. The rest, I couldn't care less-" my chin lay in her dark hair.

"Her messed up life is none of my business." I let the scintillating smell of her hair penetrate my nose.

"It is the least of my worries." I said now getting angry.

It felt like I was trying to assure myself but had failed.

I hope I don't care about her. Of course, I don't. I just want to know. Curiosity is getting the best of me.

My grip around her waist tightened so hard that I could feel her bones. I was pressing her. The feeling of protectiveness over her grew in all my fears. I suddenly felt like I wanted her in my view and under my care for as long as I want. That goes for forever.

"I am sorry, Caramel." I whispered into her vanilla scented hair.

I did really care or else I would never be empathetic towards her.

# MADAM LAWYER.

That was today's treat!!!!🤍

Thank you for reading.

Drop a vote if you loved it, comment and please share with a friend.

Andria 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 6.4K 40
Amaira Romano , the princess of ITALY. A cute little inoccent girl who can make anyone heart flutter at her cuteness. Everything was going smoothly...
3.3M 104K 52
Eleanor Nightingale is pursuing her career as a professional ballet dancer at the Royal Ballet School in London. However, not everything is at it see...
110K 1.9K 18
(I DO NOT OWN Z NATION OR THEIR CHARACTERS) Three years.Its been three years since this world has become infested with creatures that feed on human f...
686K 20.7K 32
Book 2 of the Wolfe Series ||WARNING|| There will be mature content in this book. ~~~ "Hey, I don't think you can smoke in here." I tell the mysteri...