The Night We Met (Hosie)

By AyyySantos

(Sequel to Carry Me Home) 7 years has passed since that fateful day. And all has been well. The Mikaelson fam... More

Chapter 2: Happy Together
Chapter 3: My Love
Chapter 4: Thank You
Chapter 5: Trivial
Chapter 6: Wouldn't It Be Nice
Chapter 7: We Grew A Little
Chapter 8: Into The Woods
Chapter 9: Im A Mikaelson
Chapter 10 : The Color of Love

Chapter 1: Meet the Mikaelsons'

4.8K 53 46
By AyyySantos

Mikaelson.

That was the name that left everyones lips the moment they stepped into the office building near the French Quarter in New Orleans. 

Mikaelson. 

Where one would see two young mothers with eyes full of love, and laughter. Kind eyes that were once anything but. And on occasion, much like today, two little shadows came following right after. 

And like shadows, they silently vanish. 

"Aj... Aj... Allyson-Josette we have to go back. Mommy is going to get mad!" Haylee crossed her tiny arms already mad at her little sister.

"Waits, Ima gets me the cookies... help me!" Aj said as she moved closer to the counter.

 The two sister were in the kitchen pantry trying to steal some cookies Josie specifically told the kitchen staff to hide.

 Haylee just rolled her eyes and got on her hands and knees. Aj climbed on her sister's back and pulled herself up onto the counter as Haylee carefully stood up to give her a boost. When AJ reached the top she grabbed the Oreo cookie box and jumped down. She placed them under her shirt then ran out.

"Nuts" Aj sighed seeing the many workers in the cafeteria. 

"Lunchtime." Haylee said under her breath, her eyes narrowing as they slowly found her little sister. 

"Guess so" Aj nervously laughed, trying to avoid the death glared she got.

"MIKAELSON!" 

The two sisters jumped as they heard the loud yell of the security guard. Not just them but everyone stopped what they were doing, turning their attention to the little girls. 

"RUN!" Haylee shouted, grabbing Aj by the hand.

One by one workers got out of their seats, set their trays down, and began their chase for the girls. 

The girls went into rooms, went out in others, trying desperately to out maneuver and out run the old, and fairly young employees. Haylee pushed Aj to the right as she went left when 3 employees rushed in front of them. 

But her luck wasn't as great as her sister's. A security guard was blocking her only exit. He ran towards her, yet her small hight was enough to gain speed and slide onto the freshly polished floor sliding under his legs and making it to the other side. 

"Better luck next time Harold" she laughed. 

She didn't dare look back as she needed to keep moving forward, but her eyes shifted to the side. A large floor to ceiling window separated the two sister and Haylee's eyes widen upon seeing her little sister running on top of desks, kicking papers and jumping all around. 

She swore she could hear maniacal laughter from her sister.

"Dummy" Haylee yelled. "We're so grounded."

"Not today Janet" Aj shouted, dodging the lady's attempt at grabbing her, causing her to fall knocking over the trash cans. Papers along with other trash fell onto the floor, and all over the lady. A few employees unable to stop fell along side the co-worker causing a traffic jam. 

Aj finally managed to exit the room, catching up with her sister. Both turned the corner, but their speed was too much for the turn it causing Aj to slip as they made it to the lobby. 

 Aj dropped the cookie box on the floor.  Haylee slapping the palm of her hand to her forehead as AJ went to grab them. She stopped when she noticed another hand reaching for it, picking it up. Haylee and Aj looked up and saw a lady with short dark hair, handing AJ the box. 

"Be carful" the lady smiled. "It's dangerous for two little kids to be walking by themselves"

"I'm sorry ma'am" Haylee said guiltily. She smacked Aj in back of her head nodding at the lady's direction.

"Sorry" Aj said as she rubbed her head.

"Now run along now." the lady smiled sweetly.

"What's your name... I'm AJ Mikaelson and this is AyLee Mikaelson" Aj smiled widely.

"I'm Haylee... she can't say my name correctly." Haylee extended her hand.

"Mikaelson, huh. Interesting. I'm Penelope... Penelope Park... you two should be very careful... we wouldn't want anything happening to you two, now would we?"

"No ma'am" Haylee politely spoke. She grabbed her sister's hand and walked away. She turned back to see the woman following right behind. As they got close to the elevators, one opened; Hope and Josie exit and enter the lobby.

"What the hell are you doing here!" Hope crossed her arms; her daughters running to her side. AJ hiding behind Hope's leg confused on why Hope was mad.

"I uh... I wanted to apologize to you and Josie .Being in jail gave me time to think... and I know what I did--tried to do was wrong but I really am sorry." Penelope rubbed the back of her neck looking anywhere besides the two women in front of her. She was nervous and slightly scared.

Hope let out a scoff. 

"It happened. No point in dwelling on the past. But please just stay away from me and my family." Josie kindly spoke trying not to cause a scene in the office. Hope glared at Josie disapprovingly shaking her head. 

Hope looked at Haylee and Aj placing her hands over her ears signaling them to cover them up, which they did without hesitation.

"Are you fucking kidding me! She strapped a fucking bomb to you. She pointed a gun at us... a-and you're going to forgive her. Well I'm not!" Hope pointed at the ground growing madder by the second.

"Technically you could have cut any wire and it would have disarmed. Giving you the chance to throw the vest. I told that to Josie-- I mean she was unconscious but she was still able to subconsciously get rid of the bomb" Penelope said nervously unaware of what else to say or do.

"Get the hell away from my family. I never wanna see you anywhere near them again or so help me you won't have to worry about jail next time" Hope sternly spoke, walking closer to Penelope. "And it will be a slow, painful--"

"Hope" Josie pulled her wife back.

"Of course... like I said I'm really sorry" Penelope gave a soft smile to Josie before walking out of the office building.

It's been 7 years since Hope and Josie got married, and everything just seemed so perfect. They had 3 beautiful daughters that they loved so much. The oldest, Haylee Nikole,  was only six and was named after both Hopes parents. The middle child, Allyson-Josette, only four years old. She was named after both of Josie's parents. Her father and her birth mom who died giving birth. And the newest member of the family was Andrea Olivia who was 3 months old. She was named after both her mother's.

Haylee had raven black hair while Aj and Andrea had light brown hair. However all 3 had the same beautiful bright Ocean blue eyes. Aj's hair was beautifully wavy and silky going up to her shoulder while Haylee had long straight hair covering her back. Haylee wore glasses, and AJ had her 4 front teeth missing. Haylee took after Josie, being a prodigy child, polite, and a kindhearted kid. Hope even said once that Haylee was an angel; she had the wings and even her own angel song.

AJ however was the exact opposite. Hope told her family that AJ is satan. Like she use to be an angel but she let her personal problems affect her and then she got punished and made her problems everybody else's problems and became satan. She mostly took after Hope, always getting into trouble and just being a hazard. She was the one Hope and Josie were mostly concerned about when things would get too quiet. Yet when they were around people the two were the most polite, well mannered girls anyone had seen. But when they weren't in the watchful eyes of people both girl loved to play pranks. Which earned them the infamous nickname Terrible 2 or T2 for short.

Hope was still active C.E.O of her company and worked daily. However she made sure to spend every night with her family, and weekends were family time only. That was a rule she made. While Josie and Hope were at work the girls were at school while the Mikaelson family took turns taking care of the littlest daughter when Josie wasn't able to.  Everything was finally in its right place and they couldn't be any happier. At least, thats what they liked to believe. 

"I'm going to take the girls Home...Freya and Rebekah said they'll babysit" Both Josie and Hope walked outside to where their grey Rolls Royce SUV was waiting. Hope took the girls and placed them in their car seats buckling them up.

"You know you don't have to stay with me at the office every day" Hope turned back to face Josie, her back leaning against the side of the car.

"But if I don't you would never finish work. Just wait for me" Josie wrapped her arms around her wife kissing her gently on her lips. "Promise" Josie said as she pulling back from the kiss.

"Fine. Okay you win. Just take your time. There's no rush" Hope kissed Josie once more. 

"Eww" said Aj.

"Gross" commented Haylee faking a gag.

Hope turned back to her daughters who were playing on their iPads. "Behave girls" Hope pointed at the 2 older daughters. Andrea letting out a small squeal. "Especially you" Hope kissed her youngest daughter. She closed the door and watched as Josie got into the car and drove off.

Josie glanced a few times in her rear view mirror to see her girls playing in the back seats. She took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. Her mind began to wonder as it always did when she was alone. She thought about the rain that was now pouring onto her car. 

Josie turned the music down and opened her window slightly to let in the fresh outside breeze. It was late July so it was quite warm outside and with the rain the humidity was perfect. Everything in Josies life was that... perfect.

She had her wife, her kids. A job many dream off. Yet, when she looked at her girls, Josie felt as though something was missing. Even for a moment. 

...∞...∞...∞...∞...∞...

"I'm home!" Josie opened the doors to her house carrying Andrea in her arms as Haylee and Aj ran past her. Rebekah was already there eating a bowl of spaghetti in the kitchen. Josie laughed when her two daughters jumped on their aunts back almost knocking her down.

"Well hello to you two lovely little ladies." Rebekah laughed trying to regain her balance on the stool. Josie walked over to Rebekah and hugged her tightly. Both equally happy to see one another.

"Freya will be here shortly. I couldn't wait to see my nieces so I stopped by earlier than expecting. And Hope? She's not still at the office is she?" Rebekah looked behind Josie for any sighs of her niece. She let out a small sigh when she didn't see her around. 

"Just me for now. Hope's working on a major project and if she's going to get done anytime soon I better hurry back... but before I do, I have to grab a few things from the home office" Josie smiled. 

"Just like her parents. Always working." Rebekah shook her head. "She needs to take a break."

"You want to tell her that." Josie laughed. 

Rebekah was right, and Josie knew it. And try as she might she could never convince her to take time off, and just for a day not think about work. 

"No thank you. Don't want her throwing a book at me. Poor Kol, still hasn't gotten his blood of his favorite shirt."

"Poor guy, probably traumatized by books now" Josie joked. "But it's all good. I made sure this family vacation is a no work allowed. She needs the break."

"Im sure she'll have a good time. We'll make sure of it."

"Thanks aunt Bex." Josie smiled, and went on her merry way.

...∞...∞...∞...∞...∞...

"Okay AJ, rule number 1 never touch my stuff... you should be taking notes" Haylee told her little sister as she used tape to divide up the room. "Rule number 2, never set foot on my half of the room" Haylee spun around gesturing to her half of the clean room.

"Hows I gunna gets out" AJ shrugged her shoulders speaking softly to her older sister.

"Easy you jump out the window and climb down the tree" Haylee pointed out the window that was covered by white curtains. AJ looked at the direction her sister pointed at and turned back to her.

"I donts think so" AJ shook her head. "I'll finds a way out" AJ pointed at herself. She looked all over the room and finally thought of an idea. She set her stuff doggy down and began to climb the curtains. She was moving to Haylee's side of the room so she quickly ran to the curtains and she pulls the string to slide the curtains back to AJ's side. At this point Josie walk into the girls bedroom, carrying her 3 month old daughter Andrea.

"Allyson-Josette Mikaelson what are you doing?" Josie sternly spoke shaking her head.

"Just hanging around" AJ said as she dangles from the curtains. Josie ran to her daughter and picked her up placing her back down.

"Alright Limbo" Rebekah walked into the room clapping her hands as she sees the tape hovering from both corners of the room. She starts to approach the tape and gets low but once she reaches it she notices she can't go much lower. She laughs it off and get back up.

"This is a nightmare. Mommy I don't want to share a room with AJ" Haylee crossed her arms and pouted. "I'm 6 years old, I want my room back."

"Haylee, love, I told you, AJs room is getting renovated so she has to sleep here." Josie goes to her oldest daughter and squats to eye level.

"Hey, just cause I has the lighter not mean I made the fire" Aj shouted in a sad attempt to defend herself. But all Haylee could do was roll her eyes and sigh in defeat.

"10 guest room 5 bathroom, two kitchens,  play room, movie theater room, an art room, a library, and a 12 car garage. Maybe Andie would like a roommate" Haylee rolled her eyes once more, sitting on her bed. 

Josie placed her hand on her daughter cheek and rubbed her thumb crossed it. She knew Haylee had a point. But what she didn't know was why the arrangement was made in the first place. 

All the main bedrooms were upstairs. Hers and Hopes, andie, Ajs and of course Haylees. Not to mentions Hopes office. If Aj had to be in a different room, one just for her she would have to be down stairs. 

Hope still had nightmares of that day Josie was kidnapped. Josie waking up to a panic Hope, or seeing her wife restless night as she watched over the girls making sure they were okay.

Both knowing Penelope would get out one day, and if she did, would she return for some sick revenge, hurt her, or worse her girls. Thats why Hope made the arrangement without a second thought. At least then, she would be close to them, ready to protect them if anything were to happen.

"I know you want your room back love, but remember we have our vacation" Josie said. "Its only for a few days."

She saw the wide eyes, and smile reappear in her daughters face. That look of happiness and excitement made her own smile spread wide across her face.

"The lake house is done?" Haylee squealed.

"All done. Starting next week it will be family time." Josie said kissing the side of Haylees head. "this will be the best family summer vacation, ever"

"You said it, no takes backs"

"no take backs" Josie saw Haylee extending her pinky which Josie was quick to wrap her own pinky around. 

"Aunt Bek can I have a piggyback ride" AJ excitedly called out.

"Sure honey" Rebekah laughed as she made her way to the young Mikaelson. She turned around as AJ jumped on her back. Once she was secured she made her way towards the door.

"Told ya I'd finds a way out" AJ laughed. "You got the candy" Aj asked her aunt. Rebekah laughed and shook her head placing her finger to her lips to tell the young girl to be quiet.

"Can't you two get along. I know why don't you two say nice things about each other?" Josie suggest leading her oldest daughter towards AJ. Haylee looked at her mom and back at her sister letting out a heavy sigh. She placed a hand on her sister's back since their aunt Rebekah was still carrying her.

"AJ you have a wonderful older sister" Haylee smiled proudly.

"And Aylee you have most betterer little sister" AJ smiled sticking out her tongue.

"Yes I do. Her name is Andrea" Andrea began to giggle in Josies arm. Haylee smiled once more walking up to Josie and playing with her little sisters tiny feet. Josie sighed and rolled her eyes, gently bouncing the littlest Mikaelson.

 She walked downstairs trying to get way from her daughters banter.

All 3 girls walked downstairs and into the living room where Josie was talking to Freya. Both Haylee and Aj got happy and rushed to greet their aunt. Both girls jumped into Freyas arms.

"Nice of you to finally stop by" Rebekah said hugging her sister.

"Traffic". Freya laughed as she played with Andreas cheeks. Andrea let out a tiny squeal showing how happy she was.

"I have to hurry to help Hope with work." Josie says handing freya baby Andrea. "Emergency contacts are on the fridge. You two can handle this can't you?" Josie said putting everything she needs in her backpack. Josie kisses Andrea good bye and then hugged her two older daughters goodbye.

...∞...∞...∞...∞...∞...

An hour after Josie had left everything seemed to be going well. The house was nice and quiet, all except Andrea who began to cry. Both aunts rushed to the nursery to check on the littlest niece.

 "What do you think is wrong with her?" Rebekah asked nervously.

"I think she needs to be changed." Freya told her sister as she picked Andrea up from her crib. "I never changed a diaper before that's Davina's and Keelin's job." Both the women grabbed one side of the baby. Freya holding Andrea from under her arms and Rebekah holding Her feet. They enter the kitchen and AJ creeps right behind them.

"Show time" Aj giggled to herself.

Both freya and Rebekah were struggling trying to figure out what to do with the baby. Aj used the bar stool to get on top of the kitchen island and watched her aunts freak out. Rebekah had the smart idea to place Andrea in a pot. 

"You know mommy cooks in that." Aj said, shaking her head.

"We're changing her diaper" freya told the little Mikaelson.

"im not eatting no mores" Aj made a stink face, sticking out her tongue just a bit.

"AJ your aunt freya and I are busy... Do it." Rebekah pointed at Andrea. Freya did as she was told and took off Andreas dirty diaper. Andrea giggling at her two aunts.

"Alright hold her up and I'll clean her up" freya told her sister. Rebekah nodded and picked up the littlest Mikaelson. As Rebekah was holding her freya used the sink hose to wet Andreas baby butt.

"This is great we should be mothers" both Rebekah and freya laughed.

"Alright diapers" freya and Rebekah began searching the kitchen to find the diapers. Rebekah saw the paper towels and pointed at them. Freya smiled and placed the young one on the counter as Rebekah wrapped the paper towels around her.

"Try these next time" Aj grabbed a diaper from the diaper bag that was on the bar stool.

"Aj why did you wait until now to give us these diapers?" Freya asked crossing her arms.

"Nos body ask me" Aj shrugged as she began to get down from the counter.

...∞...∞...∞...∞...∞...

By the time Hope and Josie finally got home they realized their house was a mess. There was a lot of baby clothes everywhere as they walked into the living room and saw Rebekah and freya exhausted on the couch. Freya was sleeping while Aj drew on her face. And Rebekah was taking a video of the whole thing giggling with her niece.

"Bex why is my house a mess?" Josie asked crossing her arms.

"Mess? What mess, if you must know this is custom designed by The Mikaelson Juniors. It takes months to get an appointment... you're welcome." Rebekah said looking at the "so called mess" Josie was referring to.

"Looks mama, aunts freya is a kitty" Aj ran to her mama Hope. She picked up her daughter and hugged her tightly placing small kisses on her cheek.

"I see that love." Hope walked over to her aunt to wake her up. When she did she couldn't help but laugh. It was her own fault she fell asleep. Hope even warned everyone that babysat to never fall asleep unless AJ was out like a light asleep in her room.

"Aunt Bex can we play dodgeball again" Aj asked wiggling out of hopes arms.

"Dodge ball" both Hope and Josie said in unison, narrowing their eyes at the "responsible" adult. 

"Why don't you play with your big sister. I have to help aunt freya clean up" Rebekah said as she snapped one more picture of Freya.

Aj didn't say anything, wiggling herself out of Hope's arms and running out of the large living room. The pitter patter of her feet still echoing around the house. It made the ladies laugh just a moment, before the air had become thin. 

"Whats wrong my niece." Rebekah asked. Before Hope had time to speak up, Rebekah spoke once more. "I can see it in your eyes. The hint of anxiousness, and panic."

"I am not" Hope quietly spoke. 

"But you are" it was Freya's turn to jump into the conversation. Josie handed her a wet wipe, which the older Mikaelson happily took. "You had that look on your face when you found out Josie had left the country." she stopped wiped the cloth, and glanced up at her niece. "Looking as though your world was falling apart. Even on the day of your parents funeral, you were still composed... well a little."

"Right now you look like you want to go on a murder spree" Rebekah added. 

"Do you guys remember, Penelope Park" Josie said. Hope quickly glanced at Josie, eyes narrowed. She didn't want to tell them about what happened earlier, and Josie knew that. She specifically told Josie she didn't want to talk nor think about that witch. But Josie ignored Hopes pleads. 

"The one that went psycho bitch and tried to kill Hope" Rebekah said. 

"Well she showed up at work and--"

"And nothing" Hope cut Josie off. "I told her to stay away from my family. If i see her again, i wont hesitate and kill her."

"Hope"

"Can we not talk about it Josie, please."

"But-" 

"But nothing Josie" hope calmly spoke. "We have our vacation next week. Last thing i want to do is think about Park coming after you or my daughters."

"Don't worry, we'll make sure that Park stays away." Rebekah smiled widely. "You know what they say, a little brute force never hurt no one"

"No one says that" Freya said. 

Hope didn't bother listening to her aunts banter. Waking away, hearing their voices slowly start to fade as she walked up stairs. The sounds of footsteps following behind where the only thing giving her some form of comfort. 

Hope walked past her office, then her room, until she heard whispering coming from the nursery. The door barley opened as light leaked through the cracks. She pushed open the door just enough to be able to see inside. Both Aj and Haylee sitting by the crib as their little sister slept. The two giggling about a book Haylee was holding. 

"Hope?" Josie quietly called out. 

Hope took a step back closing the door just a little, but not enough to completely close it. She didn't want to scare the girls in thinking a ghost shut the door, if they didn't notice her presence. She had learned her lesson. 

"You know" Hope said, her back still turned to Josie. "Sometimes i thinking about our girls, and suddenly I'm taken back to the night we met."

"The night we met?" Josie asked, a bit confused. 

"Do you think if you hadn't found me that day... We would---"

"I think i was meant to find you." Josie answer, not needing to hear the rest of Hopes thoughts. She wrapped her arms around her wife, tightening her hold just a little. "And even if i didn't find you that day, Im sure that our paths would cross"

"How can you be so sure?" Hope asked. 

"Because you and I are tied together. There is no Josie without Hope, and there is no Hope without Josie."

"Can we go back"

"Back where?" Josie chuckled just a little.

"To the night we met?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.6K 41
(Edited/ Re-written) Hope Mikaelson is the CEO of Mikaelson Industries who does nothing but work all day and night. One day her bestfriend decides th...
21K 332 13
a timeline where Hope never returned to the Salvatore Boarding School after the devastating losses of not only her not so immortal parents, Klaus Mik...
10.3K 635 17
After hopes death Olivia has grown up with just Josie , her siblings and the rest of her family. They have tried to let the name of "hope" bring them...
51K 779 21
Alexandria Atlantic Mikaelson is the eldest of the Mikaelson twins. Two years ago Alex and Hope both lost their mother, to save always and forever Al...