And Then She Was Gone

By CerrahQuack

A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control w... More

The Departure
Goodbye Alex
Heading West
Small Town Vibes
Coffee For Two
So Awkward
So What's The Game Plan?
Forward Down The Path!
Adapt and Overcome
Into The Wolves Den
Old Friends
Your Color Lacks Conviction
Tell Me More...
One Condition
On Our Terms
Happily Ever After
Sharing Spaces
The Guest Of Honor
Did He...?
Check Mate
A Challenge
Alpha Mathias
A Tense Exchange
Let Me Explain
Ground Rules
Candelit Dinner
Night Night
An Exercise
Cleanse Yourself
Hush
Time For A Lesson
The Mess Hall
A Change of Pace
Submit
A Fresh Start
Barbie Girl
Missing Pieces
Ying and Yang
A Compromise
A Storms Coming
An Irregularity
Gentle Hands
Can We Go Already?
Home Sweet Home
More Chocolate Please
You're Beautiful
What Happened?
So Now You Need Me?
Baby Steps
Carried Off To Sea
Testing The Formula
What's the problem?
You Wont
Wounded Pride
A New Assignment
You Called Her?
A Fresh Start
Building The Foundation
Some Time Apart
Ill Be Waiting
A Long Day
Don't Make Me Change My Mind
Patience
It Takes Two To Tango
Gal Pals
Mathias: The Beginning
Pay Attention To Me
A Hard Lesson
Mine
It's all bullshit, right?
Little Wolf
The Alphas Kryptonite
Pick One
Hope
Disappointed Expectations
Routine Followup
She Took The Stairs
Thoroughly Spent
The Alphas Best Friend
Home
Time To Change
House Warming
A New Routine
A Surprise
Tease
A Blonde, A Brunette and a Red Head Walked Into a Bar...
We Meet Again
Eat Your Words
Mr. Sensitive
You're So Annoying
Girl Time
The Domino Effect
Fractured
The Betas Dilemma
New Developments
Measured Steps
I Got You
Whats Happening?
Alpha Mathias: July 1763- Trouble
Recovery
You Need To Wake Up
The Past Meets The Present
Running Theories
The Rumor Mill
The Mad Queen
Set In Motion
Phone Date
Package Received
Elena: July 1763
An Error Of Dissociation
A Slight Delay On Pay Day
Internal Struggle
A Heavy Burden
A Perfect Night
First Watch
You're Not Forgiven
Destiny
A Firsthand Account
Baby Sitting Detail
The Perfect Storm
It's Over
Recuperation
Battle Ready
Green With Envy
An Alternative Perspective
Growing Pains
Show Me
Boys are from Mars, Girls are from Venus
You Win Some, You Lose Some
Tangled Webs
Divided Interests
The Lazy Luna
Party Crasher
The Lunas Guard
The Missing Piece
Communication
Thank You
It Puts The Lotion On The Skin
The Love Of A Mate

The Beast

984 45 4
By CerrahQuack

"Geoffrey finally got around to explaining the final role to me. The role of the Luna." she said, as she poked her fork into the salmon on her plate and placed it in her mouth, her eyes focused on the plate of food in front of her.

"And what did he tell you exactly?" he questioned as he took another sip of wine, his eyes searching hers attentively looking for the slightest show of her thoughts on the matter.

"A lot of things. However, they both seem to be convinced I wont be working in a daycare tending to children." she said with a shrug as she took another sip of the wine, her eyes staying on the food.

"Do you think that positions fits you better?" he delved a little more deeper with the questioning, not truly knowing how to gauge her response.

"Well..." her eyes slowly rose to meet his, "I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

"I guess we will.." he kept his intense gaze on her, neither one of them moving to eat or drink as they both watched each other in the moment. A warmth was spreading all throughout his body as she didn't denounce the possibility of adopting the role, and a sensation he was unfamiliar with began to course through his veins. The silence only breaking when his dominant inner thought pushed itself from his lips, "You're so beautiful."

"W-what?" she was taken aback by his frank remark and her cheeks instantly grew red as she looked away from him and down to the table, not knowing how to really react.

"Look at me Elizabeth." he said, not as a command but more as if he was requesting for her to do so. His words invoking an almost immediate response from her where her hazel eyes once again found his, and his green eyes softened as he soaked up her features.

He had waited so long to find her, and it felt almost unreal to him that she was sitting across from him having lunch in his office. He instantly found her attractive when they first met, he found her extremely hot when they were fighting, but never had she been as beautiful as she was in this moment.  He found himself struggling to keep control of his own person, forcing his hands to stay unmoving and to remain seated, an internal drive urging him to mold his body with hers and to breathe in her scent as if it was the singular source of oxygen available.

The amount of self control he was exuding right now was incredible. The only outward sign of the battle within was a slightly shaky hand reaching out for the glass of wine to bring it to his lips where he found the strength needed  to rip his eyes away from her and stare at the shelves of books next to them. She was doing nothing but just sitting there, and yet he found her to be the most desirable woman he had ever encountered.

The bond was strengthening within him as well, its effect was more powerful and consuming of him since he was aware of it. All day his mood had been overly pleasant as compared to his normal disposition, it was noticed by everyone he encountered. He even over slept for the first time in years, all because that delicate little form was tucked against his.

He wanted to be with her every moment of the day, and now that he was with her after being deprived of her for what seemed like forever, it was overwhelming. His current state would be easier to manage had she been volatile as he had grown used to experiencing, but right now her current demeanor was driving him insane.

Mark her...

He took another sip of the wine before completely removing it from his lips, his hand lessening its light shake as he took deep breaths to slow his own heartrate. His eyes remained steady on the books, he didn't want to look at her at the moment and lose control. He also didn't want to  show her that control was something he was struggling with at present, his eyes had almost reached the color of black and he knew it would scare her.

Mark her...

"Jason..." soft whispered words flowed in the direction of the Alpha across from her. His demeanor had suddenly changed and it came out of no where. She was worried he was going into another Jekyll and Hyde moment and could not pin point exactly what would have caused him to become so irate.

Mark her.

Watching his jaw tensing and seeing how his hand was shaking as he drank his wine, it was eerily reminiscent of when they argued and he broke the shower door. He did not respond to her calling his name, it was as if he didn't even hear her. "Jason... What's wrong?" she whispered even lower as if she spoke too loudly he would snap, her hand reaching out slowly across the table to touch his as it sat firmly flat on the table.

Mark her.

The light touch of her fingers sparked an instant reaction from him and his head snapped over his black eyes boring into her face and then down to her fingers on his before they returned to her face and his jaw clenched even tighter before he snapped his hand away.

Mark her.

"I think lunch is over." he said abruptly standing up and walking away from the table, one of his hands running through his hair and ruffling the cleanly styled bun he had set earlier this morning, as his other hand shoved itself down in his pants pocket. These actions being his own way of containing his movements.

Mark her.

"W-What did I do?" her eyes were wide with shock as she watched him now clear across the office standing in front of the face of his desk with his back towards her.

Mark her.

"Elizabeth, I need you to stop talking. Right now." he said as he took deep breaths, his hand stagnating at the top of his head as he gripped at the dark black locks in an attempt to regain focus.

Mark her.

"I don't understand." her words were whispered quietly, and she remained seated in her chair watching him still with the same wide eyed expression. With each word she spoke his upper body seemed to tremble lightly and she only seemed to be making his disposition worse. 

Mark her.

"Stop. Fucking. Talking." the tone he delivered was deep and clearly meant to be intimidating, even though he kept his back to her, refusing to give her the usual glaring eye contact that was its typical companion.

Mark her!

Had he thought for one moment she was ready to solidify their mating he would have in a flash swiped everything off that table and bent her over taking her without pause. However, the small bit of rationality he was holding onto at the moment knew that it was too soon and she was in fact not at all ready. She was completely unaware of what she was doing to him, and so he had to act and force the barrier himself. One more touch...one more whispered word and his senses would unravel and it would cause so much damage between them.

He would never rape her, that's not what he was afraid of. He was afraid of terrifying her. He was afraid of hurting her. He was so afraid of losing control and marking her. Afraid of a rash decision being made to sink his long canines in her neck in a sudden feral act of possessiveness.  And while he was trying to prevent himself from scaring her, he inherently knew he was in fact scaring her right now, but it was assuredly on a much smaller scale in comparison.

She stood up from her chair and grabbed the glass of wine finishing its contents to try and quell her rapidly beating heart. This entire situation was so unclear to her, she took Joseph's advice and decided to be nice and now here they were again locked in an uncomfortable situation. Sure, it went well at the start but now he was shaking with anger and she was beginning to question if the Alpha truly was mentally unstable.

She placed the glass down and walked towards the doors of the office quietly with a hand reaching for the handle, "I'm going to just go back to my lesso-" She was unable to complete her sentence, as he rapidly appeared to her side in unnatural speed slamming his hand on the door so that she could not open it, her feet stumbled back and she emitting a gasp at his swift response to her leaving.

MARK HER!

"Not by yourself." his tone was deep, and he still was not looking at her but over her, staring at the bookcase once again behind her. His eyes still pitch black as he took deep breaths, his free hand going up to rub at the area where his eyes met his nose and his lids closing as he roughly massaged the area. "I will take you back." his voice straining to become lighter and not so dark.

MARK HER!

"O-okay..." she whispered back, looking up at him and her posture seemed to shrink within itself making her appear even smaller compared to him.

Mark her.

He said nothing as he removed his hand from the door and his other from his eyes as he adjusted his own posture upright. His hands going to quickly adjust his tie back to its neat tight position, and then his hair being attended to in the same speed, his appearance being quickly cleaned up despite his eyes remaining a deep black and his jaw still fixed in a permanent clench.

Mark her.

After a few more deep breaths through his nose, he pulled open the door and motioned for her to leave through its opening. She reached out for only a few moments with her hand extended so he could take it, but he only responded by looking down at it blankly, his eyes eventually trailing up to hers at the same time as his finger pointed towards the hall. "Go."

Mark her.

Her hand dropped and tears began to well into her eyes as she walked out of the room, she didn't know what she did or why he was treating her this way, but it didn't feel good. It felt as if she couldn't ever do anything right with him and that Joseph's advice while it was well intended , it was very misguided. There was no way she would be able to focus on her lesson now, she'd rather just go back to the house and go to bed, but asking him for anything right now wasn't an option.

Jason walked along her side, keeping a half a foots distance in-between them. His shoulders were broad, his face was hard harboring the ever present black eyes and his hands were shoved deep within his pockets to keep them occupied. Elizabeth looked small and fragile her steps having to move quicker than his to keep up with the long strides of his pace, her arms folded nervously against herself with the ever present tears lining her lower lids.

If the two of them together wasn't already a spectacle within the depths of the pack house, they were even more so now. Some people returned to stopping and staring as they descended down the stairs, others scurried away from the radiating presence emitting from Jason which signaled a warning to not approach him. Whispers circulated around them, Elizabeth picking up on some of them as they continued on, surprising her with how sharp her hearing was at the moment. Somebody's in trouble.. What did she do? What's wrong with the Alpha? Is that his girlfriend? Why is she crying?

As they hit the ground floor, a young man no older than nineteen was staring at the duo in a gawking manner, proving to be just enough to strike a nerve with Jason. The Alpha stopped dead in his tracks to glare over at him, his hand gripping Elizabeth's bicep tightly with more force than necessary to stop her as well and making her wince under his grip.

"Do we have a fucking problem?" his voice bellowed out in the boys direction and instantly the young man lost all the color in his face and looked like he was about to piss himself.

Everyone in the surrounding area began to rapidly make haste to reach their final destination, adverting their eyes so that they did not invoke the same wrath.

"N-n-no A-a-alpha." he trembled out, seemingly shrinking in his stature as he took some backward steps.

"You fucking sure about that?" Jason hardened his stare, his eyes darting around the entire room where only a few glances from rapidly departing people were caught.

"Y-y-yes A-alpha." he nodded frantically. "I'm just gonna g-go... " the young mans thumb jutted to a door behind him.

"Get the fuck out of my sight." Jason snarled at him in quickly escalated annoyance, his eyes darting back to Elizabeth after the boy disappeared, finally he released her arm with a forward push. "Go."

Elizabeth slightly stumbled and grabbed at her bicep which most definitely would be bruised by the evening, her eyes looking back at him and beginning to show anger herself. She did nothing wrong and he was treating her like shit. She quickened her pace trying to create a greater distance in-between the two but he kept up with her in easy stride.

Mark her.

Before she could grab hold of the door to open it, his upper body reached over her from behind and he did so. She scuffled in quickly and went to the very end of the room by the last of the bay windows, both Geoffrey and Joseph looking back and forth between the scared woman and the irate Alpha who stood just inside the doorway, Jason's eyes falling exclusively on Joseph.

"Joseph, come." was all Jason said before his eyes looked over to Elizabeth once more prior to leaving the room and waiting for the guard out in the hallway.

Mark her!

Joseph was quick to stand and follow his Alpha out closing the door behind him. "Is there a problem Alpha?" he questioned, looking back to the closed off room behind him.

"I will only say this once." Jason started, his eyes boring into Joseph and seemingly swarming with an ever growing anger from the culmination of events that brought him here from his initial attempt to control his own impulses. "If you touch her again, I will rip your throat out in front of your mate and child and fuck your neck cavity. Am I clear?"

"Y-yes Alpha." Joseph said, taking note of the raging man before him. A real fear within his chest, and his thoughts rapidly trying to discern what exactly happened to cause this moment.

Jason stared for a few more seconds which felt like long minutes, his eyes eventually shifting down the hallway to its opening at the hall before he cleared his throat and grumbled out. "Keep an eye on her. She's probably going to try to run."

Mark her!

"Yes Alpha." Joseph nodded in response, hoping to be dismissed soon.

"I'll be back in several hours." the Alpha said as he just walked away from the guard, not looking at him as he left. His rage was like a domino effect and in this moment, he was finding it difficult to stop it once it started. He literally had the most pleasant of times with her up until the end, and inevitably he ruined it which was just absolutely further infuriating.

Mark her... Mark her... Mark her... Mark...

Joseph walked back into the room and looked in-between the pensive Geoffrey and the crying woman standing at the last window at the end of the room.

"Miss. Elizabeth, what happened?" he asked to get some clarity on the situation.

"You were wrong.." she sniffled out and rubbed at her eyes, refusing to look at either of them. "He's a monster."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 16.8K 31
Natalie was raised in a world where there is nothing more sacred than the mate bond. She lived with that belief all of her life, but when one of her...
6.6M 194K 56
"We have a feisty one," he mumbled, tracing kisses down my neck, settling just above my breasts as he admired them, licking his lips. "She said no!"...
108K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
28.8M 882K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...