The downfall of Viscount Brid...

De VRiviera

THE ORIGINAL BRIDGERTON FANFICTION Aurora Grey, only daughter of Earl Grey and new closest friend to Daphne B... Mai multe

Casting
Chapter one - an arrival
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four - the first meeting
chapter five - a disagreement
chapter seven - the Cowper ball
chapter eight - uncertain feelings
chapter nine - an invitation to dinner
chapter ten - a proposal
chapter eleven - a response
chapter twelve - the grand picnic
chapter thirteen - afternoon tea
chapter fourteen - an arrival
chapter fifteen - a conversation
chapter sixteen - brothers
chapter seventeen - the Basset Ball
chapter eighteen - a proposal of a different kind
chapter nineteen - an explanation
chapter twenty - telling Aurora
chapter twenty one - a hug from Simon
chapter twenty two - news spreads
chapter twenty three - a night to regret
Lady Whistledown's Society Paper
chapter twenty four - the morning after
chapter twenty five - early wedding plans
chapter twenty six - learning to love
chapter twenty seven - the Lucas' ball
Lady Whistledown's Society Paper
chapter twenty eight - a meeting with the Queen
chapter twenty nine - a new friend
chapter thirty - maternal guidance
chapter thirty one - getting to know each other
chapter thirty two - a quarrel between rakes
chapter thirty three - Reginald
chapter thirty four - nerves
chapter thirty five - getting ready
chapter thirty six - the wedding
chapter thirty seven - the reception
chapter thirty eight - Daphne explains
chapter thirty nine - the beginning of a honeymoon
chapter forty - the wedding night
chapter forty one - a not so romantic honeymoon
chapter forty two - the same bed
chapter forty three - waking up
chapter forty four - spilling secrets
a letter from Julius
chapter forty five - a proper kiss
chapter forty six - returning home
chapter forty seven - falling asleep in the arms of a Bridgerton
chapter forty eight - a dawning realisation
chapter forty nine - a secret society
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one - slip of the tongue
chapter fifty two - a promenade
chapter fifty three - the society's first meeting
chapter fifty four - an explanation
chapter fifty five - a boxing match
chapter fifty six - a resolution
chapter fifty seven - match makers
chapter fifty eight - paying a visit
chapter fifty nine - Anthony joins the club
chapter sixty - introductions
chapter sixty one - Doctor Lumet
chapter sixty two - with child
Epilogue

chapter six - lady Danbury

35.8K 1.1K 143
De VRiviera

After leaving the two elder Bridgerton's in a flurry of anger and embarrassment, Aurora retreated to the cake stand underneath one of the many coloured marquees that could be found in the Hampton Court Palace gardens.

"Are you quite alright my dear?" Called a genuinely concerned Lady Danbury as she smoothly walked over to the girl. "You look upset."

Aurora turned to the woman in surprise before painting a faux smile on her face.

"Yes, Lady Danbury, I am quite alright."

"Are you sure?" The elder woman held out her arm, suggesting they promenade together. "You needn't hide such things from me. Especially when it concerns the Bridgerton's. I could tell you stories about any one of them that would be most embarrassing. Now please, do share your burdens with me."

Aurora took Lady Danbury's arm graciously and they began walking through the gardens at a amiable pace. "It is only the Viscount Bridgerton. I have met him a mere once and he has already declared me a barbarian of sorts. Now, I know I should not take heed of what he says but I cannot help but be offended." She paused in thought. "Tell me, Lady Danbury, how am I ever to marry when the only suitor my father deems suitable is such a prick!"

Lady Danbury chuckled in response.

"You know, my dear, he is not half so bad as he appears."

"Perhaps you are right. Perhaps he is right and I am in need of some 'civilising'."

They paused beside the waters of the river and Lady Danbury turned to Aurora, clasping her hands.

"Darling you are perfect as you are, do not change for him. Do not change for anyone. If he cannot appreciate your finer qualities then he is not the man I thought him to be."

Aurora sighed lightly and nodded in agreement. "You are right, Lady Danbury. Thank you for your wisdom, you always know exactly what to say. I can only hope that I grow to be so intelligent."

"You flatter me, my dear. It is only that men are so very stupid in comparison to us."

Aurora giggled.

"Now, I see The young Eloise Bridgerton is calling to you. But before you leave, promise me that you will fine with myself and Simon some time soon - I think he misses the company of his childhood friend."

"And I his. It has been so long since we had a proper conversation. Yes, my Lady, I shall take you up on that offer if I may? And now, I must see to Eloise. I shall find you soon."

"I hope so. Farewell child."

Aurora made her way to Eloise as quickly as she could whilst still maintaining some kind of dignity.

"Aurora I heard what my brother said! Oh he is the rudest man alive, and such an idiot. I am sorry!"

Aurora rolled her eyes, somewhat out of breath.

"Don't be silly it's hardly your fault. Besides, I want to talk to you about Lady Whistledown."

Eloise's eyes lit up at the mention of that infamous name. She grabbed hold of Aurora's arm and positively dragged her into the rose gardens of the palace where the two could talk in secret.

"Tell me, what do you know." Eloise said as she paced excitedly.

"Oh I know absolutely nothing of the damned woman. But I want to. I want to hear everything."

"Wait! Let me show you my notebook!" Exclaimed the girl in response.

***

It was no less than an hour later that Daphne finally found the two, still hidden away in the rose gardens.

"Aurora, good! I thought you had left. Eloise, I see you are still struggling to master the art of the promenade."

"It's hardly an art. Besides, I cannot think of anything worse than being stuck talking to stupid men about stupid things." Responded Eloise with a childish air.

Aurora smirked, "not even Sir Phillip Crane?"

Eloise's face went red with fury.

"What?!" She turned to Daphne. "How could you tell her of that man's insolence?"

Daphne struggled to prevent herself from snorting at Eloise's furious face.

"He only proposed to you, Eloise. Nothing more. You make it sound like he tried to attack you."

Eloise stood up with a loud huff.

"I shall never marry. I am quite decided on the matter. Especially after that man's escapade."

Aurora and Daphne merely glanced at each other, both sharing the exact same thought.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

168 9 2
The Bridgertons are an infamous family in London, a part of the social elites called the ton. As spring rolls into summer, the social season ramps up...
62.3K 3.4K 12
𝐈 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢...
15K 403 22
Katherine Windsor (née Arlington) returned to Mayfair with a heavy heart, her past weighing down on her like an anchor. She had once been Katherine A...
78.4K 1.3K 23
"There are two sides to every coin, the head and the tail. You, sir, are certainly the latter." Madelyn Basset, the Duke of Hastings's little sister...