marriage trial \ j. jaehyun

By biyaaaeiou

[English] ㅡ marrying a complete stranger isn't a common occurence, but it shouldn't be a big deal for someone... More

marriage trial \ jung jaehyun
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
marriage trial / end
special chapter [i.]
pls read :)

xxiii.

5.1K 210 100
By biyaaaeiou

|08:47 pm

+ aera.

what? again? pouting, i frown at jaehyun, i dont want to go, really. but my father's going to endlessly nag at me if i dont attend the said meeting. days had passed and jaehyun's staying at my place for the night, again. he just told me he's going to fly for London again in the next two days for yet another meeting, completely ruining our plans on going out and visiting an amusement park at the end of the week. im sorry.. he pouts, reaching for my hand to hold since we're seated at both end of the couch as we're facing each other, knees pulled up to our chests. its okay.. we'd just go there some other time. i smile a little at him, trying to wave off the disappointment of not being able to go to the amusement park. ..ice cream? jaehyun asks in a small voice, doe eyes looking at me intently. my small smile stretched into a grin, he mirrors the smile on my face before practically hopping off the couch and sprinting to the kitchen to retrieve the tub of ice cream, i like ice-cream nights.. he voices with happiness lacing on his tone, handing me a spoon as he sits on the other side of the couch again, actually, i like every moment that i spend with you. grimacing, i look at him as he moves his brows up and down, gosh, stop that.

From: Jaehyun (10:12am)
i wanna go home :((

From: Jaehyun
i dont want to be here

From: Jaehyun
come and get me

Me:
you just arrived there dont be dramatic

Me:
just suck it up for two days and you're free HAHAHA

From: Jaehyun
i DO NOT want to spend another day here

Me:
you have no choice idiot

From: Jaehyun
:((( i miss you i want to hug youuu

Me:
too bad you're not here then

cackling, i pressed the camera icon before faking a pout, taking a photo before sending it to jaehyun. i put my phone aside before tending to the papers on my desk again. my phone dinged again but i chose not to open it just to tease jaehyun.

the day went through rather busy since i have so many papers to work on, it legit seems like no end. jaehyun sending a message from time to time just to complain about how much he doesnt want to be there, also checking up on me when lunchtime arrived. jaehyun facetimed with me when i was getting ready for bed and he was waiting for the meeting to start, you look tired.. he commented, getting closer to the camera to look at me clearly, yeah. too much papers. i keep on working on them but they seem to be endless, i swear. jaehyun laughs a little before telling me to cut the call off since i had been yawning for a couple of times now, you should sleep already. i shake my head stubbornly, i still want to talk to you. a smirk tug the side of his lips as he shakes his head, your eyes are closing already. we could just talk tomorrow. a hum was all that i managed to let out, feeling the heaviness of my eyelids, i cant wait to go home to you.. jaehyun mutters which i didnt understand much since the darkness already enveloped me, falling asleep after a long day.

morning came and i head to the company with a frown on my face, phone in one hand as i check it every minute. maybe jaehyun's just busy. telling myself that, i shake the sudden feeling of unsettleness as to why he hadn't sent me a message. i texted him a good morning with a following question about how his meeting went but i still havent got a reply from him. i should really stop being a worry-wart. the hours passed by and its already lunch time, chaeyoung opening the door of my office to barge in as i look up from my phone, still void of anything from jaehyun. what is this? she walks over to me with a serious face, brows knitted and lips pursed. she slides her phone on the table and i glanced down at it. im sad that i had to find out about that through social media, why didnt you tell me?

chaeyoung keeps on blaberring as i my eyes remains glued to the screen of her phone, breath hitching as i try to swallow the lump on my throat. lifting my finger unknowingly, i tap on the screen as the article loaded. the topic was highlighted with a big and bright font, a photo under it with further details of the said topic below it.

[Breaking News] Engagement of the Heir and Heiress.

It was such a shock to the whole business world when two of the leading companies in the field, the J Corporations together with the Lim Company announces the engagement of their heirs: Jung Jaehyun and Lim Mira.

Aside from being business partners on some of their projects, some of you may not know that the two companies actually have a strong and healthy bond, giving that both of the founders are good friends even from the start of their careers. Others would say they're just doing this for pure business and money, well, certainly not.

Jung Jaehyun and Lim Mira actually go way back on their childhood as they are the best of friends while growing up; attending the same school on preschool, going to an exclusive primary school and had each other's back through middle school and high school. Although they had to part during college, they were still inseperable as they both take turns in visiting each other during holidays despite the distance, with Mira attending a distinguished university in South Korea and Jaehyun going to a prestigious college in London. Both of their parents actually joked about them being each other's 'first love'.

For both sides, now is the perfect time to confirm their strong bond with each other as they finally announce their engagementㅡ

bullshit. i breathed out, looking at chaeyoung as she gasps, you...you didnt know. she whispers, realization downing on her as i take deep breathes, feeling the clenching of my chest oh my god. im sorry. shit- i didnt know. i really thought you.. shit. im a terrible friend, gosh. im so so sorry. chaeyoung went to my side and crouches down as she checks up on me, continuing to apologize, no, no. its okay. i stood up and helped her up too, its okay. im fine. chaeyoung rubbed my arms before pulling me into a hug, you can cry.. shaking my head, i acted stubborn and just let out a dry laugh, no. i dont want to. my heart tightens a little more as i think about the article again, i still want a confirmation from him. i want it to come from him. chaeyoung rubs my back in an up and down motion while i try to breathe deeply to prevent myself from crying.

i got nothing done for the rest of the day. thoughts and questions running through my mind as i wait for jaehyun's messages but nothing arrived. chaeyoung walks with me down the building. she's quiet and unsure of what to say, leaving the aura around us gloomy and heavy. i am honestly confused, hurt and tired that i couldnt let out even a sound, shoulders slumping while dragging my feet as we walk.

a figure runs towards our direction the moment we step out of the rotating glass doors, aera, oh my god. my heart dropped at the sight of jaehyun's mother infront of me as she held my hand, im sorry that stupid stunt had to happen. i didnt know his stupid ass would really push the wedding, i would've prevented it if only i knew. she starts to talk about how shocked she was upon hearing the news, how she feel ashamed and furious at her ex-husband for pulling out a stunt like this despite knowing about jaehyun's relationship with me, she even apologized to me for all of that's happening, its okay.. she stops on talking when i mumbled that, blinking slowly like she just heard something stupid, we dont really have something going on.. jaehyun's mother's expression fell, eyes filled with confusion and curiousity. jaehyun and i.. we're.. we're not really.. married. i swallowed hard before telling her the truth about our 'relationship', that it wasnt a fake marriage but still not legal. that everything happened because we got tipsy and decided to do dumb stuff, that we just continue to play along for the sake of our entertainment. im sorry. i didnt mean to lie but i honestly felt like we're going somewhere, but yeah.. i thought wrong. my voice became small at the end of the sentence before letting out a dry chuckle, wow. i was stupid for believing such things. a hand brushes the apple of my cheek and i look up to jaehyun's mother looking at me calmly, im not mad that you lied but.. more of disappointed, maybe. i nodded at that, accepting the fact that i disappointed her and all the other people that believed our act. but i cant blame you though.. i thought the same. smiling lightly, i hold her hand that was caressing my cheek, putting it down and held it again, well, it's just like that sometimes. we cant have everything we want. trying to joke around, she showed a sad smile at me, i still want you as my daughter-in-law, you know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 2.6K 99
𝘈 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘸𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤�...
49.7K 2.3K 23
COMPLETED Taeyong wanted adventure in his boring life. The town where he lived was barely had anything to do. What could he do when the place he live...
58K 1.3K 23
Kim Haewon, a 21-year old university student that decided that she would only focus in her studies and her part-time job. A boyfriend is a big no in...
143K 6K 17
『 "the bottle has spoken, now pucker up 』 it was just a harmless hangout, they didn't know it would be the start of something beautiful ♛ highest ran...