Pink || Fred Weasley [discont...

By utterlyconfusedtm

"Don't be stupid, Fred!" "I'm not! I have every right to be mad!" Gaia's on her 5th Year at Hogwarts School... More

disclaimer.
01 || little miss prefect
02 || a black dog
03 || the man himself
04 || a dementor attack
05 || pretty boy diggory
06 || home sweet home
07 || a bloody good seeker
08 || black
09 || family
10 || quidditch world cup
11 || blue
12 || the wizarding schools
13 || the goblet of fire
14 || almost
15 || beginning of the end
16 || the younger twin
end.

17 || finally

7.6K 333 436
By utterlyconfusedtm

Shock? No, not quite. Frustration? Annoyance? Fred wasn't so sure how to describe his emotions which were running wild. The walk back to the castle was silent, something unusual between the twins. He knew George was feeling the tension as well, and he had an inkling feeling his twin knew exactly what cause the tension between them.

Ah – protectiveness. Yes, Fred decided, that was probably the best way to describe how he felt. Gaia had something with that Beauxbatons lad, why would she agree to go with George? If anything, it would only lead to his twin's heartbreak so of course he was feeling protective and hesitant. Yes, that was it – the reason why it felt like needles were repeatedly stabbing his chest as someone stomped on it. No, the feeling definitely wasn't betrayal, not at all.

As they passed other students on the way back to the Gryffindor common room, they received curious and apprehensive looks. Some were extremely cautious – why else would the Weasley twins walk in complete silence if not to plan something big? Other were worried – why were they standing at a distance from each other?

"Didn't know you asked Gaia on a date," Fred commented, finally breaking the silence as they started passing less people near the top of the staircases.

"Asked her yesterday." George shrugged, glancing at his brother to judge his reaction.

It dawned on the twins just how badly the situation could potentially escalate when they were once again with an unusual silence.

"You didn't have to lie and tell me you liked Malia, y'know. Kind of hurt that you did," Fred joked, punching his brother slightly on the arm.

"Wha-"

"Could've told me you liked Gaia, git." Fred grinned tensely.

"Gaia?" George asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well yeah, why else ask her on a date?" Fred replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Dimwit, the Yule Ball. I asked her to be my date to the Yule Ball – y'know, as friends," George explained, emphasizing friends.

"Right, right. As friends," Fred laughed, though George could tell how forced it was, "What happened to that Beauxbatons lad?"

"Obviously, they're not going together if Gaia agreed to go with me," George said.

"You should be careful. Don't really fancy comforting you when I should be enjoying the ball," Fred added, facing forwards.

"Careful with what? We're not challenging each other to a duel, Fred, we're going to a ball," George joked.

"We both know you're more of a crybaby than me," Fred said.

"Am not!" George said, faking offense though his eyebrows furrowed, "Why would I cry anyways?"

"When you realize you don't have a chance against that Louis," Fred said, stopping and turning to face his brother.

"Fred, wha-" George stopped in his tracks, "A chance – Is that what you think this is about? Think I'm trying to get move on Gaia?"

"I won't tell her if you don't," Fred said, his voice clipped as he turned around.

"Fred-"

"S'this what you meant?" Fred asked, his voice uncharacteristically quiet.

"What?" George asked.

"When you said someone else would sweep her off her feet, you meant yourself?" Fred asked, looking at his brother over his shoulder.

"What? No-" George started denying it.

"Actually, let's not talk about it. Just don't come whining when she chooses the Beauxbatons kid over you," Fred cut him off.

"You're being a right foul git right now, y'know that?" George snapped.

"Huh?" Fred asked.

"Even if I were making a move on Gaia, you really think she'd be that cruel?" George asked, getting irritated with his brother's attitude at the moment.

"I'm just telling you to be careful," Fred scoffed, "Of all the girls you'd go for, you went for one already spoken for."

"Don't talk about her like that. If she were taken, you think she'd cheat? Our best friend, Gaia? The girl we know?" George said.

"Can't be too careful." Fred shrugged.

Fed up with his brother's subtle jabs at their best friend, George scoffed and turned around, "Don't really fancy talking to you when you're acting like a git. I'll see you in the common room later."

Fred only watched as his brother walked back down the staircase to Godric knows where.

Was it so wrong to look out for his brother? Protectiveness – that's what this feeling was. Not betrayal, not jealousy.

✧✧✧

Gaia was honestly scared of the rumors floating around the Gryffindors that morning.

Have you heard? Apparently the Weasley twins aren't speaking to each other.

I heard them yesterday, at the staircases.

I heard they shot spells at each other – hexes and jinxes.

She hadn't been able to sit at their table during breakfast due to sleeping in, so she couldn't confirm if the two actually were fighting. Hexes? Jinxes? She was sure there was no way those two would ever fight to that extent but she couldn't stop her anxiousness as she nearly ran to the Gryffindor table.

Subconsciously, she let out a sigh of relief as she spotted the two sitting across from each other at the table, talking animatedly. She walked over, plopping down next to George, who was sitting closer.

"You have no idea how close I am to having a heart attack," Gaia sighed, letting her head fall onto the table.

"Hi?" George laughed, "What's wrong?"

"People kept saying you two were fighting," Gaia explained.

"Ah," George hummed, sharing a look with his brother, "We were, but s'all worked out now."

"Wait, so you did? You shot hexes at each other!?" Gaia gasped.

"No, that's ridiculous! It was just verbal!" George denied.

"Oh, thank Rowena," Gaia sighed in relief, slumping down in her seat.

The sound of Fred standing up from his seat made her look up from the ground.

"Fred? You're already done?" Gaia asked, frowning when the boy left without replying, "Is something wrong with Fred?" she asked George.

"Don't worry about him, he'll be fine tomorrow," George replied, though he was frowning as well at the retreating figure of his brother.

✧✧✧

George was wrong. It had been almost a week since Fred started ignoring Gaia, and frankly, she was getting tired of it. Had she done something wrong?

So, she made up her mind, cornering the boy the morning of the day before the Yule Ball.

"Alright, what's wrong? You've been ignoring me for almost a week," Gaia demanded, crossing her arms as she stood in front of Fred.

Fred stared down at her before huffing, "I was not."

"Yes, you were! This is the first time you've even spoken to me!" Gaia frowned, her gaze on the Gryffindor heated.

"We had nothing to talk about." Fred shrugged.

"Like that's ever stopped you before?" Gaia scoffed, "What has been your problem?"

"I told you, nothing!" Fred replied, his eyebrows furrowing as he slowly grew agitated.

"You decided to ignore me for nothing, then?" Gaia said.

"Like I said, I haven't been ignoring you!" Fred contradicted.

"I'm not stupid, Fred!" Gaia argued.

"You should've told me you were going with George!" Fred snapped.

Gaia was taken aback, "That's what this is about? How stupid is that!?"

Fred scoffed, "It's not that stupid when it involves my brother's feelings."

"Feelings? You know we're going as friends, right?" Gaia said.

"That's what you think. You should've said no," Fred said.

"That's what you've been ignoring me about?" Gaia confirmed.

"I told you, I haven't been ignoring you."

"Stop! What is wrong with you!? First, I hear about you and George fighting, now this?" Gaia said.

"Nothing's wrong with me! What's wrong with you!?" Fred snapped.

"What's wrong with me!?"

"How could you go with George!?"

Gaia furrowed her eyebrows, scoffing at how stupid his reason was.

"Why are you so mad about that? Don't be stupid, Fred!"

"I'm not! I have every right to be mad! You're playing with George's feelings!"

"Playing with his feelings!? What are you on about!?"

"If you already have something with Louis, don't give George hope! Choose one, for Godric's sake!"

"I-"

"Which one do you like!? Make up your mind!"

"I like you!"

Fred fell silent at Gaia's declaration.

"You git, I like you! I don't know where you got the idea that I'm playing with George's feelings or how I'm dating Louis, but it's completely stupid! George doesn't even like me!" Gaia continued.

"You're... not dating Louis?" Fred asked.

"No, dimwit! We're related! That's why we're so close," Gaia said, her voice still sounding annoyed.

The two fell in silence as they stared at each other, the weight of Gaia's words finally catching up to her as she sucked in a breath.

"I was waiting for you to ask me to the ball," Gaia explained, her voice softening considerably as she looked down, "When I found out you asked Angelina, George found me. He wanted to take my mind off of you and Angelina."

"I only asked Angelina because I thought Louis asked you."

"What?" Gaia's head snapped up.

"The day the ball was announced, I was about to ask you. But then I saw you and Louis talking and I heard something about the ball. You looked so excited and you started hugging him, so I though he asked you," Fred answered sheepishly.

"Stupid," Gaia giggled, "He wanted me to help him plan how to ask Aisha."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh."

"I'm sorry for ignoring you. And for accusing you of two-timing," Fred apologized.

"Two-timing? When?" Gaia asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's why me and George fought a few days ago," Fred explained, making Gaia hum in understanding.

"Remind me to thank George for defending my honor, then."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. What's done is done. At least you didn't spread rumors about it."

" I would never-!"

"I'm teasing," Gaia grinned, stepping towards Fred and wrapping her arms around his torso as she buried her face in his chest, "I missed you. I didn't know why you started ignoring me."

Fred sighed, wrapping his arms around and resting his chin on her head as he closed his eyes, "I'm sorry. It was stupid. I was jealous."

"Yeah, it was," Gaia mumbled, giggling when Fred made an offended noise as he squeezed her tighter.

"I messed up, huh?"

"A little bit."

...

"For the record, I like you too."

✧✧✧

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This chapter has been long overdue. Honestly, I didn't realize how much of a slow burn the plot was until I started Pink. The confession's not as fluffy as I wanted it to be, but I think their fluffy tension in all the previous chapters may or may not make up for it.

Anyways, a belated Merry Christmas (to those who celebrate it)! Stay safe <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 1.9K 18
Second in the LOVED Series It's their second year together, and a lot has changed. Think a long-lost twin would throw a spanner in the works? Eh, wro...
136 29 9
Attending school isn't easy for Cordelia Diggory when 'the Harry Potter' keeps getting into a mess every year and drags her and her friends along. It...
42.7K 1K 11
(If you see that there aren't as many chapters as you'd hoped, don't worry, each chapter is roughly about 1000-3000 words each. Enjoy!) Our favorite...
119 8 8
What will happen if a stubborn, outgoing and determined Slytherin will meet even more stubborn than him, distant and protective Gryffindor that just...