07 || a bloody good seeker

In Gaia's opinion, Christmas break passed way too fast. Next thing she knew, she was back at Hogwarts once more.

The news of Harry receiving a Firebolt spread like wildfire across the school. Even students who had no interest in Quidditch, or anything related to flying, found themselves intrigued by the broom that had come into the boy's possession. Along with the excitement over the broom came the harsher training of the other teams, especially Ravenclaw. They were up against Gryffindor in the next match, and Gaia definitely wasn't going to let Gryffindor win that easily.

Although she wasn't as overwhelming as Oliver Wood with the training sessions, she was calling for them more frequently than before.

"Alright, that's it for today! Gryffindor's booked the pitch after us," Gaia informed the team as they flew down to the ground one by one.

They walked off to the showers, chattering among themselves, leaving a single figure standing in the field as she looked down in contemplation. Gaia sighed as she landed beside her.

"Cho, it'll be fine. You really don't need to put this much pressure on yourself," Gaia comforted the younger student.

"I'm no match for Harry Potter," Cho muttered.

"You're bloody brilliant and if anyone tries to tell you otherwise, they'll answer to the whole team," Gaia said, squeezing her shoulder and leading her to the showers.

"Still, I don't want to let anyone down," Cho said.

"Let anyone down? You beat Cedric Diggory in the last match. We already know how fantastic you are," Gaia said.

"It was probably beginner's luck."

"Trust me, you won't be letting anyone down. You just do your best and enjoy," Gaia said to her with a wink before slinging an arm around her shoulders, "Now stop sulking! You've been like this ever since Harry got the Firebolt! You won't get Cedric's attention like this."

Cho made a noise of indignation as her face turned red making Gaia laugh loudly.

"Gaia!"

✧✧✧

"Alright everyone, remember. No pressure! I'm not about to tell you to do whatever it takes to win, even if it meant killing yourself," Gaia said, causing a wave of slight laughter to come from the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team, "But in all seriousness, just do your best. If we win, then we win. If we lose, then we lose. Alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. You've told us the same thing every single practice before this," Kaleb said, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Just reminding." Gaia grinned before turning her eyes to Cho who, was fidgeting slightly.

Desiree placed a hand on Cho's shoulder and squeezed, making the girl look up and smile before standing up straight with a determined look in her eyes. The familiar voice of Lee calling out their team made Gaia turn around and grip her broom more firmly.

"That's us," Gaia grinned at the others as they all mounted their brooms and flew out into the pitch.

The familiar cheer of students made the excitement within Gaia grow more as she let her hair turn into a bright yellow color.

"And look at that! Eruditus sporting yellow hair - is that considered betrayal for sporting Hufflepuff colors?" Lee's voice boomed through the air making Gaia laugh and stare pointedly at him as they zoomed around the pitch.

The team landed in the middle of the field, facing the Gryffindor team who all held confident smiles. Gaia's eyes flickered to Cole who only smirked at her, wiggling his eyebrows as he kept glancing at the Firebolt held tightly in Harry's hand. She rolled her eyes and contemplated sticking her tongue out childishly but decided against it when she remembered that she was Ravenclaw Captain.