Someone New || B99

By Hxidxx

Giovanna Bernal, once a badass agent in her past life, Now a detective at the Brooklyn Nine-Nina station. She... More

𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙢𝙨
𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩
『 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓞𝓷𝓮 』
𝙋𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙩
𝙋𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙩
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙏𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧
𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙬
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙡𝙪𝙢𝙥
𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙
𝙈.𝙀. 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙑𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚
𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝘼𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙖𝙙 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜
𝟰𝟴 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨
𝙊𝙡𝙙 𝙎𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡
𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜
𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨
𝘽𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙡-𝘼𝙮𝙖𝙡𝙖 𝙁𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨
𝙄 𝙃𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩
𝙋𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙖𝙘 𝘽𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙩
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙩

𝙎𝙖𝙡'𝙨 𝙋𝙞𝙯𝙯𝙖

1.3K 46 2
By Hxidxx

       𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 99 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚, 𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚, 𝐀𝐦𝐲, and Jake are at the desks.

Jake says holding a sheet of paper, "Oh, this is amazing. This is so amazing. Everything about this is amazing."

Terry asks, "What are you talking about?"

Jake explains, "A virus got on the server and sent all of us an email with everyone's search histories. Check this out. Sergeant Jeffords searched the lnternet for "undiscovered muscle."

Terry explains, "I was working out and saw a muscle in my shoulder I'd never seen before. I thought it might've been a scientific discovery."

"Wouldn't put it pass you Sarge." Steve says smiling and Terry smiles giving him a nod.

"Listen to this. Scully searched for "how much fudge is in a calorie?" Gina reads off the paper.

Scully says, "I never found the answer, but it was a good question."

"Boyle looked up, "how to make desk yogurt."  Rosa says.

Charles opens his desk drawer, "Yes, I did, and I am thrilled with the results. Although the jar is really hot." Giovanna and Steven look disgusted by this.

Jake says, "That's gross. And Amy searched for "Daniel Craig hands" plus "close up." Ugh."

"You should of looked for Chris Evans, he has great hands." Giovanna told Amy who raises an eyebrow at her and Giovanna shrugs, and Amy nods.

Amy defends herself, "You should talk. You searched for "cheapest date possible."

Jake says proudly recalling how he got his arm stuck in the vending machines, "And I wear that search like badge of honor."

"Jake, get help." Giovanna bullies him and Jake scoffs at her comment.

"Giovanna Bernal googled" Jake grabs the sheet, "ohh..." Jake swallows harshly. "How to get rid of your annoying coworker..."

"Haha! She's trying to get rid of you." Rosa laughs making everyone on the team laugh. Jake looks at Giovanna unamused and she winks at him.

𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐦𝐲 and she internally cringes at the entire thing. It didn't help how Amy awkwardly rolled away in her office chair.

"Low crime rates?" Gio asks her and Rosa nods. Giovanna nods and goes back to her files.

"I saw you were at listing in LA." Rosa says and Giovanna looks up at her.

"My parents sent me listings, I told I'd check them out." Giovanna says, and Rosa nods.

"Family." Rosa comments.

"Family." She nods agreeing. The two women have a mutual understanding of family.

𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐤 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 ate her walnuts and offered him some, which he declined, twice now.

"I'm good, Gio." He says.

"Okay, did you see the weird interaction between Rosa and Amy?" She asks him.

"Would you be jealous if I was promoted before you?" He asks her.

"No, I'd be cheering you on." She says, "plus I want to be an agent again, solve this case holding me back and leave."

"You're just going to leave us?" He asks her gasping dramatically. He knew her plan, she was just staying until she got the go head to go back to being an agent.

"I'm meant to be an agent, I've been training for this most of my life, I'm surprised you aren't one." She says.

"Too much hours, I like my free time." He says looking at her. "My dad was an agent, it wasn't fun. He was barley around."

Giovanna knew her siblings told her stories of their childhood how their parents were barley home, but she had it different, her parents weren't just agents when they had her, they were respected and had tittles. Her father turned doing being director to spend more time at home, and she had her parents around more, and older siblings who took care of her.

      𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 of her latest case as Rosa approaches Amy's desk. Rosa says, "Here's an itemized list of everything taken from the garden apartment."

Amy reads off the list, "TV, computer... "Ster-b-eo"? Uh-oh, spelling error. That's not very Captain-y." Giovanna cringes at Amy, and the way she was acting, she should be happy Rosa got offered the job. As fellow Latina women we should cheer each other on.

Rosa says, "Oh, my God, enough."

Amy asks, "I just think that you meant "stereo," not "ster-b-eo." Did you mean "ster-b-eo," Captain?"

"That's it. Get in my car, now. And if you say another word, I promise you, you will regret it. Come on Bernal." Rosa says, Giovanna grabs her things and walks to both of them. Giovanna wouldn't want to miss the showdown for nothing.

Amy says, "Aye aye, cap..." Rosa grabs her ear walking with her

"Aye Amy." Giovanna shakes her head following the two.

Amy says, "Ow, okay. Fine, I regret it. Ah... I'll go. I'm going."

   𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐀𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 Giovanna in the back seat, enjoyed the leg space through out the drive.

Amy asks, "What's going on? Did you drive me out here to kill me?"

"Why would she take a witness?" Giovanna asks her, making Amy shoot her a dirty look.

Rosa says, "I thought about it, but then I put that thought on hold. I wanted to show you Ropesburg."

Amy asks, "This is Ropesburg?"

Rosa says, "You wanted this offer so badly, I thought I'd give you a chance at the job."

   𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚, 𝐀𝐦𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐭, the town was quiet. Giovanna smiles a little seeing it attached to a bakery, and walks over to grab a pastry.

The Sargent greets them, "Miss Diaz! Are you here to reconsider? We've bought the deputies bullets, like you suggested."

Rosa greets, "Hi, sergeant. No, I'm still not interested. At all. But this is Detective Santiago. She's one of our top detectives, and she really wants the job."

Amy looks at nervously says, "I..." she chuckles nervously, "Yes. Can I ask what happened to the last Captain?"

Rosa explains to her, "He quit to start a carpet cleaning business, because that was better than being Captain here because this is the most boring place on earth." Giovanna joins the group back with a pasty in hand.

Amy chuckles saying, "She doesn't mean that." Giovanna takes a bite of her danish.

"It's okay. It's true. Gotta be known for something." Sargent says.

Amy chuckles nervously, and Giovanna has a shit grin smile, looking at the interaction. "Good pastries." Gio smiles at the Sargent who smiles back at her.

𝐀𝐦𝐲, 𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫, 𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 boxes of pastries next to her, as she texted Steven about the trip.

Rosa asks driving, "So what'd you think of Ropesburg?"

Amy says, "It's, uh... quaint." Gio scoffs at her answer.

Rosa tells her, "It's whack, and you know it. Their number-one crime is tricycle theft. There's a bakery attached to the precinct. Come on, Santiago. You never would've taken that job, so why'd you even care that they offered it to me?"

"I'm their defense they are good pastries." Giovanna comments.

Amy says, "I can't help it. I'm competitive. I have seven brothers, and I was the only girl. I always had to fight for a place at the table."

Rosa says, "Well, you're not the only girl at the table anymore. We work in a police force full of dudes. We gotta have each other's backs, all three of us, okay?"

"I'm in." Giovanna says before taking a bite of another Cherry danish.

Amy asks them, "You saying you two have my back?"

Rosa says, "Yeah, I got your back. Don't smile. I'm still mad at you."

"Yeah, I do. Both of yours. I grew up with brothers and one older sister, one thing I learned, we girls always have to stick together." Giovanna says and Rosa smirks knowing the smile on Amy's face will disappear by Gio's next comment, "until I have to kill one of you."

Amy tells them, "I thought we were having a moment."

Rosa says, "Moment's over. Shut up." Giovanna offers them a pastry from one of the boxes.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 Flash, as they stuff their faces with pastries.

"This is actually really good." Steven says before shoving his face with one.

"I know, I got Scully a box." Gio says.

"So he won't take yours?" He asks and she nods, she also knew how much Scully would enjoy these. But she would admit out loud yet. She just isn't ready for that commitment yet.

_________

Words 1443
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I've finally updated since my birthday! Ahh! I'm sorry! But here it is! I love the Rosa, Amy, and Gio moment, and Gio and Steven being besties. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share, check out my other stories. Stay safe and take care of your loved ones. Check out my other stories and my tumblr account @ Wincherthottie who has exclusive stories to only that blog. I have new fics in posted on tumblr, that is 911, SWAT and Mayans related. So if you're into that check out my account. I think I might update my sebastian stan daughter one on tumblr! So check it out! Check out my other stories too!
Updated November 16, 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 928 59
"Detective Y/N Santiago at your service." ------ Detective Y/N Santiago. One of the newest and youngest detectives of the Nine Nine... And also the...
36.8K 1.1K 23
"Amy who?" Jake finally gives Amy a real taste of a true date, but still keeping it a friendly based, romantic stylez meal. On that very special nigh...
15.8K 474 20
"A wedding? But, they are already married?" Finally. The past has moved on. Jake admitted his feelings towards Amy and got happily married, and have...
10K 189 63
------ After Y/N finally brings down the Ghost Gang, she finally gets to spend time with their loved ones. But everything isn't always going to be pe...