ECHOES OF THE WIND : Jacob...

By Ali24097

PART 2 OF "AGAINST THE WIND" "Echoes of the wind" that continues the another loop in Jacob's and Renesmee lov... More

Cast~
PROLOGUE {Renesmee}
RECAP : AGAINST THE WIND
22.THE WILD CARD {Renesmee}
22.THE WILD CARD {Jacob}
23.THE DEPARTED
ELAPSE
24.NEVER SAW THIS COMIMG (Part1)
24.NEVER SAW THIS COMING (PART2)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 1)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 2)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 3)
26.INESTIMABLE
27.THE THIRD ANGLE {Jacob}
27.THE THIRD ANGLE {Renesmee}
28.FLASHBACK
29.OUT OF THE BLUE
30.FOR BETTER_FOR WORSE {Jacob}
30.FOR BETTER, FOR WORSE {Renesmee}
31.THE CORE
32.OVER AND DONE WITH
33.SQUARE ONE
EPILOGUE : MASK OF CONTENTMENT
PREVIEW : RETURN OF THE WIND

21.THE RETURN {Jacob}

144 10 0
By Ali24097

JACOB

"This is the same trail we followed up in the forest till the cave." Edward concluded. Everyone sat still, no one blinks or moves, being engrossed in their own deep thoughts.

I glanced at the floor briefly, leaning against the corner wall of the living room, trying to make list of possibilities -even to cut it short. Why would someone sneak into Nessie's room? Moreover stealing something that belongs to her, and is of no use that can be used against any of us? Secondly, it's the same trail that followed her in the forest upto the cave!

What could it be?

Nothing was making sense. Not even my own thoughts helps me much ever when it comes to her.

"We'll check across the forest!" Sam said, his voice authoritative. He looked at me and nodded.

I could particularly say that this wasn't something that really meant "checking across the forest!" This referred "to chase and hunt down whatever it is." And I am ready for this.

Yes! I am ready.

I am strong. I can stand to it and take care of her. I need to...My eyes flickered to her and our gaze met; as if the space and time becomes the finest point imaginable and time collapse as my universe begins and ends with her. I could run forever, search forever. But in the end, every path leads me right back to her.

I blinked. Trust me!....was all I wanted to say.

I rushed out of the house, exploding into a werewolf. I let out an inviting howl and lurched myself into the dense forest.

The chase wasn't in the open, it was a one sided running, all calculated moves. First to stalk it, then poke for their target and reason and then hunt them down.

But, who could it be?

What do I care?! Each one of them is a fat addition to my out-of-life problems part.

I run, feet kissing the ground so fast and far travelling at speed, breathing steady, heart strong. I chase the trail.

It's the same trail we followed that night! Seth said, as he covered the paving stones with a great looping gait.

The trail is streched all across the forest. First to the south-west of the river, but then it turns off to the north! Leah informed and witha slight effort, she outran rest of the gang.

It stretches exactly same here....at the north-head of the forest Paul catched up, running like the winter breeze, colliding into animated objects and crashing waves hitting the shore line.

I flung myself over sharp rocks and heavy tree trunks. I didn't know where I was or where I was heading, but with each step the trail kept intensifying.

The scent is concentrating with my each step...and I am at the northern head of the forest. It completely disappears hear! I informed.

But the chase is on my dear and I'll find whatever it is and hunt it down. So run! Run as far as you want, hide wherever you want! I will find you and promise you not only death, but a painful end beyond measure.

I am at the north-western coast of the river. Just going to reach you, Jake! Embry said, running with all his endurance.

And I am already there...the scent doesn't stretch any further than this!? Paul informed, and soon I saw a dark silver wolf appears out, beside me.

I am just joining in you guys at the north head! Quil said.

And soon we all collected up in a barren dried land of forest. Wait!!!....it's the same place where we gathered for our execution of the plan. To....stake the women. An uneasy pain flowed over me. Was this~~

Guys!! Lookout! Seth said. This is the same place of the northern head of the forest.

The fear sits and clung to my nerves, but it's a good thing to be tuned in. To feel fear and figure out what to do about it, because that's what bravery is!

We all, waited in silence. Our blood turning cold as the pre-seasonal cool air billowed through us. There was no whispering noise or rustling as if the nature itself has conspired against us, to keep us in the dark. End-zoned. Silence pulling all of us on edge.

By the end of next minute, we all heard the sound of dried leaves crackling as it crushed under someone's weight. The sense of unease grew stronger, my eyes squinting as I cringed. And then we saw it...

A golden-black shape eased out of the woods, quiet as a shadow, it stalked deliberately toward us.

A grisly snarl rolled out from between the teeth of each one of us, rumbling across the clearing like a prolonged crack of thunder.

Golden fur with black tip as guard hair stood straight up as the air brushed it's fur. It's tounge brushed against the sharp, ivory canines. It's ears were pulled forward and it's lips tucked and pulled up. Four golden paws stood firm on the earth's soil, and it lowered it's head while it's ocean blue eyes"the eyes that burned like with a lust to consume everything in it's path" locked with ours. Deep rumbles came from it's throat.

Soon I realised that it was not alone. Flanking it on at the either side, another eight gigantic beasts prowled silently, lined up in a V. All of their eyes hungry and malicious. I'd describe them as a warning sign"like an amber beacon glaring off a falling blade" round and slightly pointed at the sides.

The Quiletes_The big golden wolf snorted. The pack has grown_

It was a growl that made me shiver; with adrenaline pumping hard against me. There is no spark of hope, there's no rescue coming. It's just us and them.

Precisely, what an entirely unwelcomed surprise_ Sam rumbled.

The golden wolf scoffed And what an entirely unsurprising welcome! Sam Uley_ He announced. Great meeting you, but the pleasure's all mine Leah. We don't often get to meet a she-wolf.

I can't believe it! Jared mouthed.

Was this some kind of a trap for us? Paul thought.

How could the same place end up as a dead-end for each one of us?! Leah informed.

All the rage came out faster than magma and just as destructive. I gritted my teeth in an effort to remain silent.

Burning. Slicing. Raged.

Every word stung as a fuel to the fire that burn inside of me. My jaw rooted as my weight shifted forward.

When nature creates, there's a reason behind it. Every living creature has a motto behind their life. He stepped forward. But sometimes we tend to forget who we are and for what we have been created for!

My eyes narrowed. A cruel sneer formed on his vicious face and he leaned forward, eyes bearing straight to mine.

So! I am here to remind each one of you, that we are THE PROTECTOR'S and we have a purpose for which we have been created for His voice grew louder.

Burning rage hissed through my body like deathly poison, screeching a demanded release in the form of unwanted violence. It was like a volcano erupting, fury sweeping off me like ferocious waves. It consumes everything, engulfing my moralities and destroying the boundaries of loyalty.

I stepped forward. Enough

Jacob_ Sam interrupted. You should not take the step when you don't know where your foot will fall.

I snarled.

I am not here to fight. We can do this the nice way, we all can unite and uproot every vampire that exists in this world, or we can do it the other way He moved forward filling the space between him and Sam.

But either way, we are not stopping until none other vampire exist in this world. He snapped. So I'm gonna let you think about that. It's either WE or sadly NONE AMONG YOU.

Sam raised his head in disagreement, his eyes opened wide with a certain undefined ferocity.

I felt something wrong, twisted and distorted but it was something strong that burned my veins, creeping up my spine. All I felt was the desire; desire to hate; to screech each one of them with every ounce of breathe that dwelled my lungs.

The huge-golden-beast turned away in order to leave, the following eight wolves followed him.

What's that_? Leah interrupted, her eyes etched to a scar, probably a symbol of moon behind it's ear.

He's the crescent alpha. Sam answered in a loud stern.

And the wolf pack walked back. They didn't walk, they stalk proudly and precisely, shifting the weight of their massive frames shoulder to shoulder. Aware of each step they take. Constantly, immersing his sense in the world around him. Constantly, aware of his next opportunity.

At first, all of us stood stiff, without any slight movement and my mind begins to shut down, unwilling to think anymore. Perhaps, this was a shock no one was really sure of. Where every little thing was pulled off beneath my feet in the woods.

Why in the hell he needs to tell us what should we do?

We have to find about him Sam snorted.

Of course, we have to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 433 21
Everyone knows Ej as the depressed Cullen ever since his girlfriend died. But what everyone doesn't know that he is part mortal, part immortal like h...
80.7K 1.9K 42
Jacob has just found out that he stopped aging at the age of 17. Renesmee has started to grow feelings for Jacob. Edward doesn't accept their relati...
5.1K 213 11
When Bella returned to Forks, I expected my life to be turned upside down, but what I didn't expect was for Edward Cullen to take a strange liking t...
29.3K 266 42
We're almost there you guys! Thanks so much for sticking around. Time to really flesh out the characters and add more depth! If you haven't already...