ECHOES OF THE WIND : Jacob...

By Ali24097

PART 2 OF "AGAINST THE WIND" "Echoes of the wind" that continues the another loop in Jacob's and Renesmee lov... More

Cast~
PROLOGUE {Renesmee}
21.THE RETURN {Jacob}
22.THE WILD CARD {Renesmee}
22.THE WILD CARD {Jacob}
23.THE DEPARTED
ELAPSE
24.NEVER SAW THIS COMIMG (Part1)
24.NEVER SAW THIS COMING (PART2)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 1)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 2)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 3)
26.INESTIMABLE
27.THE THIRD ANGLE {Jacob}
27.THE THIRD ANGLE {Renesmee}
28.FLASHBACK
29.OUT OF THE BLUE
30.FOR BETTER_FOR WORSE {Jacob}
30.FOR BETTER, FOR WORSE {Renesmee}
31.THE CORE
32.OVER AND DONE WITH
33.SQUARE ONE
EPILOGUE : MASK OF CONTENTMENT
PREVIEW : RETURN OF THE WIND

RECAP : AGAINST THE WIND

165 9 0
By Ali24097

THE RETURN {Renesmee}

Renesmee

He waved at me; until I totally disappeared. Every now and again I watched him through my rear mirror and I found him waving.

And.......finally I lost view of him.

I wondered if he still stood there, watching the well of darkness? And I laughed. I was actually laughing. I had no idea what was happening to me.

Not for the first time! but today I could really see Jacob as something more than just my best friend. I could see everyday of my future with him...and I wanted, I wanted to stay and be a part of it and sail.

I sank lower in my car's seat as I pulled to my house, my fingers intertwined and drummed at the steering wheel ideally. Suddenly, I heard a loud thud against the glass.

I was pulled back to reality, "Dad?!"

I shuddered away every thought from my mind, forcing it back with little success. Unfastening my seat belt, I hopped out of the car.

I sighed.

Dad grinned sheepishly. "Welcome back!"

I rolled my eyes and started pacing. Soon the footsteps behind my started following.

"What is it, Dad?" I asked, half irritated.

"What! Am I even not allowed to welcome my lovely daughter to our sweet home?"

Ugh!!

He let the door push open as I entered. The house was still and silent.

"Where's everyone?"

"Hunting party!" Dad whispered.

"So it's just the two of us to let the party begin!" Alice skipped forward.

"Sorry! She is busy." Dad said, planting himself ahead of me, his hands folded across his chest.

"I think it's her decision!" Alice argued and turned to me, raising a brow.

Ahem! Ahem!! Jasper appeared out of nowhere.

"And so she decides to spend it with me."

"Ofcourse not!" She disagreed. "It's my turn."

"But you are late!" Dad coyed.

"Nessie! You are not going to leave your aunt tonight. Are you?" She asked, her eyes widened suggesting innocence.

I shook my head, "No..no..I'll come with you!"

"You sidetracked your Dad, Renesmee?" Dad blackmailed, with his golden compelling eyes.

"No!! I didn't~~"

"She is supposed to tell me everything about everything!" Alice chirped, half irritated.

"Wrong!" Dad cocked his head to my side. "She'll share details of details with me."

Alice stepped forward. "So you're not giving up without a war?!"

Jasper coughed abnormally loud.

"Okay!! Stop." I interrupted. "I am supposed to decide this! But after I get freshened up. So for now just sit and relax." I said, exhaling loudly.

I eyed both of them suspiciously as both of them started their silent conversation and started walking up to my room.

"By the way...I like someone's bracelet!" Dad yelled, as I climbed.

Argh!! I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"How could I not notice that!!?" Alice snapped. "Renesmee, you better get down fast or ~"

The voice was lost as soon as I entered my room and shut the door behind. I fall on my huge white bed and stared at the ceiling, recalling the day.

Why am I thinking about him so much! Why do I suddenly find his deep brown eyes so compelling? Why does everything fades out, when I'm with him? What would he be thinking right now!

Yeah, I mean it's weird thinking this about someone who has been in love with your mother but he has been there ever since I was born and...Does he feels the same way? Does he feels what I am going through right now?

It feels so real! The way he makes me laugh, without an effort. The way he has been there after everything we have been through. The way he always stand by my side. He has seen me grow, he has seen me learning, he knows my flaws, he knows me perfectly!

Renesmee Carlie Cullen!! You have lost your mind! You are thinking about him too much! Too much! I thought. I took few deep breaths to calm myself.

The winds rustled the leaves in the trees, swayed the grassy wands with confidence and a blast of cold wind invaded my room with power and passion, scattering piles of pages. The ivory fabric that hung across my window fluttered.

Out of nowhere, I felt uneasy. My eyes flickered out in the dark night, it's nothing new to me, yet it's different. Close by, I can hear the shuttering of leaves and nothing more. I walked upto the window, my dress fluttering, billowing in the wind. I closed the window, shifting the curtains to cover it.

And I call it being apprehensive. It's rubbish! Isn't it? Whenever I choose to be brave, even the gentle breeze makes me shiver and I become a puppet of fear.

I let this thought escape my mind, heading for the shower. I stepped into the shower, my toes flinched as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. The shower flowed down with lukewarm water and my mind fades into dullness and everything is a foggy illusion. The water trickled down darkening my hairs. My eyes fell closed over and over, fading everything I don't care. Minutes later, I shut the water off, rubbing myself dry, I skipped to my closet and shrugged myself into a white cotton t-shirt and long green shrug with black trousers. I went upto the mirror, getting myself ready; ready to complete my journey of this day and waking for another sunset.

I heard a sudden clatter once again. It was the blinds, the curtains...shifted to the corners and the window I shut was left open. Something felt strange about it! I closed it myself. How could-? I walked upto the window, peering out in the dark forest. Unsure of something that made me shiver.

I walked out of my room stepping downstairs. I found Alice and Dad still mad at each other, both of their eyebrows raised at each other's and cheekbones held high, while Jasper profusely enjoyed the show.

"Dad! Did you just opened the-?" I asked, my head shaking gently.

"No, I didn't." Dad answered, even before I completed my question. "Actually, none of us did!"

Slowly I found Dad's expression growing utterly serious, puzzling others. And then a trembling gush of winds inaudibly drifted across me and I found myself utterly alone in the hall. I rushed to my room.

Dad slipped into the room. With his each footfall, a pain shooted in me. I drifted to the right, falling a little behind.

"Someone's been here!" Alice said, new worry splintered her face. "It's trail is in the air."

I inhaled deep.

Yes!! There was a trail....a scent with the sharpness of icy top notes then a give away to musky warm base - vibrant wood with a hint of smokiness, a fragrance both noble and powerful. It was curling into a wide arc in my room. It first streched to my dressing table, then headed to the other side of my bed and then back again.

I found Dad walking briskly, following the trail in same pattern. He finally stopped near the glass shelf where I usually kept my personal stuffs, my memories captured and trapped in photographs and specifically my daybook.

"Do you catch the trail?" Dad asked. "It disappears from here!"

Why would anyone walk into my room? More specifically to a place that holds nothing other than my personal stuffs! I walked to stand beside Dad, gulping down loudly.

"Dad!" I nudged his arm.

Dad remained silent and still for a moment, letting the feelings of fear and sadness ebb and flow.

No!!! I thought. I don't want to go through this all over again.

No one speaks or blinks. Huh! What's even there left to be said? Anything that eases me up for a little, the terrible burden of worry raids my happiness. I can feel the fear in my chest waiting to take over, to drive me insane once again. I let out a slow controlled breath in an attempt to relax but particularly failed.

"What do we do?" Jasper asked.

Dad pulled out his phone and dailled. "Jacob! It's important." He warned and the three of them walked out, leaving me behind.

I sighed.

Why can't I live a normal life? Why is it every time so important to snatch my happiness away?

I fell on the floor and wrapped my arms around my knees, fighting up the tears. I felt my conciousness giving up but still I remained awake. I felt the dreadful empty flutter of my nerves crawling up my spine. Only the hammering of my heart can be heard in the quiet room.

From the air kindled memories that I have been recalling, I found a photograph half torned lying on the floor at the right of my bed. I crawled upto it...it contained something that had been captured when I and Jacob went to a trip with my family recently.

I needed those memories to stay with me. I needed them to soothe me when the bad ones threaten to erase all the traces of those people that I hold dear, even in their absence. It was just a gentle reminder of the moments we all cherished. How could it be something that someone requires to hurt my family?

I picked up the photograph, taking in every detail of that moment. Jacob teased me as I lost the badminton match from him....and Esme clicked this up.

But where am I?

The picture was half-torned, leaving Jake behind.

Why?

I could hear the leaves scud over the ground and take small flights in air in this quiet room. The sadness fades away as I savour the gentle touch of the memories and the blissful evocation of time spent with him that brings out the deepest sparks out of my soul.

I walked back to Dad.

"Dad!" I handed him the photograph. My muscles tremble, my brain hurts, my hands remain uneasy clutching my jackets. Dad stared at the photograph. His eyes melting slowly.

The world turns blur, and so does all the sound. I could only feel a hand that rubbed my shoulders to soothe me down.

"What happened?!" A gentle soothing voice interrupted.

I looked up. It was him.

My eyes met his gaze and locked. Concern flickered in those remarkable eyes but instantly flashed away, buried deep in the mask that overtook the rest of his lovely features. His eyes gave up and fluttered to Dad as he lowered his gaze, turning away from me.

A huge figure stood beside him, unflinching. By all means, I could bet it was Sam.

Within a blink of second, my family bursted in like swarm of bees.

My heart poorly shut, was beating hard. Now broken and shattered still it thud against my chest.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked.

I sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 6K 31
"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞...
71.8K 2.1K 27
First off, pretty aggrivated with Wattpad! Read Introduction for the summary, I had it down, but it deleted! also, as you read, please make sure that...
5K 354 37
PART 3 OF, 'AGAINST THE WIND' FOLLOWED BY, 'ECHOES OF THE WIND.' Will Jacob get back his love ? Or is a love lost forever? Read it in the next book o...
19.3K 433 21
Everyone knows Ej as the depressed Cullen ever since his girlfriend died. But what everyone doesn't know that he is part mortal, part immortal like h...