𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐘

By sov3nus

𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭... More

copyright ℗
soulful
disenthrall
dulcify
deleterious
jettison
betterment
putrescent
chum
affinity
nooky
conversationalist
nugatory
untrammelled
aggrandise
consent
amelioration
blossoming
limn
ubiquitous
assiduity
meagre
consternation
provisionary
caprice
unchivalrous
taciturn
contumelious
reminiscence
pule
porangi
alienation
pusillanimous
cantankerous
perfidious
spurious
compunctious
solicitude
exculpate
stravaig
multifarious
empyrean
supercilious
serendipity
incongruous
sempiternal
passivity
tyrannise
ineludible
ubiety
lugubrious
saturnine
contiguity
homage
gregarious
felicitous
illustrious
kalyana
onerous
quandary
veracious
zephyr
wallflower
quietus
hiraeth
ahimsa
appurtenant
preliminary
nurture
antithetical
peripheral
dichotomy
profligate
magnanimity
predestination
superfluity
analogous
peripeteia
effervescent
amalgamation
utopian
coalesce

hubris

3.5K 258 34
By sov3nus

hubris
/ˈhjuːbrɪs/
noun: hubris
excessive pride or self-confidence.

Glendale, AZ
Wednesday May 24th
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

Soraya set up the phone so her whole figure was in it before she began her night face routine.

"What you doing?" Soraya rubbed some NIVEA micellar water on her face with a cotton pad.

"I'm cleansing my face." Soraya responded before throwing the cotton pad in the bin.

"With what? All i use is a flannel and water, y'all ladies is extra." Soraya rolled her eyes rubbing in her liquid exfoliant she'd recently purchased from Paula's choice. She was sceptic about it but it seemed to work wonders on her skin.

"What are you putting on your face?" Soraya was beginning to find his incessant interrogating annoying.

"It was a type of toner, Hezekiah. It nourishes the skin and decreases the chance of blackheads or pores."

"Your face looks clear and flawless."

"My skin is also quite oily."

"So you're putting an oily substance on your already oily skin, right makes perfect sense." Soraya rolled her eyes putting her eye treatment around her eyes, "what's this now?"

Soraya robbed her eyes, "eye treatment, Hezekiah."

"Why?"

"Dark circles, helps the skin underneath the eye. I used to have really bad insomnia and i never really sleep/slept well."

"oh, how come?" soraya shrugged fastening the lid on her cream.

"just one of those things."

"insomnia doesn't seem like just one of those things." Soraya shrugged again, "what's next in our night routine?"

"retinol super serum with rose hip seed oil. From beauty bay."

"I gotta hop on yo night routine ma, cause it obviously be having you looking good as you did. I'm tryna match my baby's fly."

"Yeah whatever," soraya rolled her eyes, "next is my favourite moisturiser ever by Charlotte Tilbury. I got this last christmas and it's lasted me since then."

"So you literally just spend the majority of your money on face crap?" soraya feigned offence.

"it is no such thing and i don't do that at all. I am saving up." Soraya frowned as soon as the words left her mouth.

"For what?" Hezekiah intruded.

"A car, a house, more than the basic necessities."

"You're struggling with money?" hezekiah sat straight in his chair, "why wouldn't you tell me that I could've helped you?" Soraya was at a lost for words.

"Hezekiah i never once said that nor did I imply as such."

"Wanting more than the basic necessities is insinuating you haven't got enough for yourself actually." soraya rolled her eyes, "what's your cash app?"

"I'm not giving it to you." hezekiah rolled his eyes at her stubbornness.

"You can give it to me willingly or i'll find it some other weird intrusive way, what will it be meam speciosus?" hearing him speak in the foreign language left Soraya at a lost for words.
[meam speciosus=my beautiful]

Her mouth was agape, "lift your jaw up Soraya; pick your choice, i'm certainly not known to be a very patient man."

"How else could you find it?" Hezekiah rolled his eyes.

"I take it you're not going to be compliant as I hoped. Oh well." Hezekiah brushed it off opening his MacBook.

Soraya took the time to question his surroundings whilst lifting her phone from the mirror she was leaning it against. She turned off her bathroom light and closed the bathroom door then made her way to her bedroom.

"where are you?" she finally asked.

"work, i'm a businessman ma'am." soraya laughed.

"you don't give off the businessman type."

"and what type is that, multum magna cura operatur?" every time he  spoke in his native language it shot tingles up her spine.
[Multum magna cura operatur=my little care worker]

Soraya shrugged, "not sure but i sensed you're typical 'dangerous' trap star not your everyday businessman."

"Well i'm not your everyday businessman, amica mea. I thought that itself was clear." seeing the effect his voice had on her he spoke in his mother tongue more. Calling her sweet names of endearment she didn't understand.
[amica mea=my love]

"I don't know what you're saying." Soraya exclaimed pulling back her duvet and getting underneath the comfort of her bed sheets.

"Why do you want to move?" Hezekiah queried changing the subject.

"This isn't my house, it's allegedly Trenton's. I'd like to live in a house i've bought with my own money and i am saving up to afford it."

"You wanna stay in Glendale?" Soraya nodded profusely.

"Of course Glendale is my home, my heart."

"I've lived here all my life and never seen you before."

"I moved eight years ago, I go work, home and then repeat. That is my cycle, if it wasn't for Kaia we wouldn't know each other."

"How old are you?" realisation set upon him that he didn't even know his lovers age.

"twenty-one and you?" Hezekiah smirked.

"twenty-five tomorrow. When do you turn twenty-two, multum magna caritate?" Soraya soon began finding the unknown language annoying, no matter how beautiful it sounded rolling off of his tongue.
[Multum magna caritate =my little love]

"September the 30th. What are you doing for your birthday?"

"I'm taking my favourite little sister to Disney Land." soraya found herself smiling.

"does she know?" hezekiah shook his head.

"We're leaving at 6am flights at 9am."

"You're going to the phoenix airport? but that only takes like twenty minutes."

"mm you should come." soraya rolled her eyes.

"i'm flattered but no thank you. I have work."

"I think you never take a break, c'mon. Please." Hezekiah jutted his bottom lip out and fluttered his long thick eye lashes, "for me? for pwetty wittle kaia?"

Soraya tried holding herself back but she truly really wanted to go.

you never put yourself first Valentine you never let yourself go 

sometimes it's okay to leave your priorities behind and think only of yourself; be selfish every once in a while

That was all the reminder she needed to agree, "i can't believe i'm really doing this." Hezekiah let out a girly childish squeal as Soraya stood up from her bed, "wait, wait no." she halted in her steps, "i can't come. i can't go. i have Jalen."

Hezekiah robbed his eyes, "i've just bought two extra tickets for the both of you so start packing Miss..." he trailed off not remembering her last name, "miss Alistair. Fuck Valentine."

Soraya rolled her eyes laughing as she searched her room for her suitcases. She didn't think she had any because she'd never gone abroad except when she travelled from her home state Ohio to Arizona.

Finally finding her Aluminium rose gold suitcase she pulled it from underneath her bed.

"How long are you staying for?"

"We." he corrected, "and till the 31st."

"that's a lot of days off of work." hezekiah shrugged smirking at the notification that appeared at the top of his screen.

"don't worry multum magna caritate." soraya rolled her eyes and mumbled 'whatever'.
[Multum magna caritate=my little love]

"what time is it?" she queried as she grabbed fourteen pairs off underwear and socks from her draw.

"9.27pm." hezekiah answered.

"the citadelle is open twenty-for hours, right?" hezekiah nodded as she turned back to him for confirmation.

"yeah, Jalen asleep?" soraya nodded biting her bottom lip not knowing what to do, "i'll come over with Kaia and take care of him whilst you go get whatever you need to."

"Really?" soraya didn't want to accept but she also didn't want to miss out.

"yeah, Kay currently with one of my friends Chico. He used to pick her up you've seen him many times, ima go get her then come to you." hezekiah stood out of his desk chair and took his camera off as rustling was heard on his side.

Soraya decided to begin filling her suitcase with stuff she needed, "what do you think the weather will be like?" she asked Hezekiah who had also muted his call. He ignored her and she didn't say anything else understanding he was at work and probably talking to his workers.

When he'd finally  unmuted his call and put his camera back on, he was walking with a giddy Kaia who was skipping next to him. They appeared to be in some type of car park.

"Hey pretty lady." Kaia gave a cheesy smile as her brothers car appeared in her vision.

Noticing her getting ready to run Hezekiah spoke up, "si vides currere, et ego vos non includet in cubiculum tuum, usque ad septuaginta erant." The warning caused Kaia to halt in her steps and walk slowly by her brother and for Soraya's lace panties to dampen.
[si vides currere, et ego vos non includet in cubiculum tuum, usque ad septuaginta erant= run and im going to lock you in your room till you're seventy]

Soraya was sure he was only doing it now to get a rise out of her.

"non potes facere illud!" Kaia protested as they approached his toyota hybrid range.
[non potes facere illud=you can't do that]

"Kaia stop complaining and get in the car before i take you straight home and you go to bed straight away." Kaia whimpered disliking the thought and jumping into the passenger seat.

"I'm not dressed." Soraya announced looking down at her sleepwear. She quickly took off her black cycling shorts that she wore to bed and her oversized orange plain t-shirt. She faced the phone so it was looking up at the ceiling before putting on a cream bra to support her developing c-cups and then threw on a basic black crop top with some black puma jogging bottoms. She put on her black and white yeezy's with a black NY cap.

She sprayed some victoria secret perfume down herself and then put on her black superdry artic tall puffer coat.

"How long are you?" Hezekiah positioned the phone so it was facing him whilst he drove.

"15 minutes away maximum." Soraya nodded leaving the camera to face the ceiling as she finished packing her bathroom necessities.

Jalen woke up from the nose, "Raya?" he roughly rubbed his eyes as he stood at the door way. Soraya quickly turned round and kicked the suitcase by under the bed.

"Yes, my little prince?" She began walking towards him.

"Still up?" he said shortly as Soraya pulled his fist away from his eye.

"I know baby boy, you're not supposed to be up but since someone's coming over for you you can stay up if you wait." Her words weren't comforting in the least.

"Go back sleep?" he began rubbing his eye more quickly now, "wanna go sleep, tuck in? don't wanna stay awake."

"Jay, stop rubbing your eye like that." she pulled his hand away again, "c'mon let's tuck you in." She grabbed him by his arm's and lifted the six year old up. She placed him on her hip and walked down the corridor to his bedroom.

"what's wrong, my little baby?" soraya bounced him on her hip as Jalen grew upset.

"why dressed? leaving? leaving Jay? why dressed?" Soraya softly shushed the young boy as she cradled him close to her before sitting down on his bed.

"Soraya's gotta go shopping for you, my prince. Hezekiah - remember hezekiah? Kaia's big brother?" jalen nodded, "well he's gonna come and watch over you, protect you, make sure that you're safe. Kaia will come too." Soraya assured, "then i'll be back before you know it are everything will be alright, alright?" jalen nodded as his pout began to loosen.

"Leave now?" soraya shook her head.

"leave soon, prince." Jalen nodded understandingly as soraya preview his forehead then stood, "i'll wake you up when i come back and i'll make sure Kaia an Hezekiah don't wake you up. Go sleep, my prince."

soraya left the room to return to her own. Hezekiah hadn't hung up.

"What number is your door?" he asked noticing her arrival.

"51." she responded pulling the suitcase from underneath her bed.

So far she had her wash products, underwear and all of her bathroom essentials she just had to put her clothes in it.

She went to her wardrobe and grabbed around seven different pairs of jeans and all the tips she could see along with a couple hoodies and some shorts and skirts. She didn't own any dresses.

She folded all the clothes then placed them in the suitcase. She then dumped a couple perfumes in and her makeup bag, she didn't wear it too often but she did like it for special occasions.

"We're outside." Hezekiah declared, "go knock, politely." Soraya closed the suitcase then put it underneath her bed, covering it with some shoe boxes. She made her way to the front door just as Kaia began knocking on the door.

"Hello pretty lady." Kaia said sweetly once Soraya had opened up the front door.

"Hello pretty girl." Soraya replied as Kaia stepped in Hezekiah following closely behind.

"Hey." He said leaning over to peck her lips quickly before brushing past her leaving her flustered.

"Thank you for coming." Soraya thanked before going to her room and grabbed her airpods and phone seeing Hezekiah had hung up so the screen was left on her facetime log.

She walked into Jalens bedroom and pressed a kiss to his forehead before going back to her guests.

"Jalens sleeping, so not too much noise. I'll be back soon."

Kaia ran into the living room she made herself comfortable on the settee, "watch tv?" she quite pointing at the television.

"Yeah, the remote should be somewhere around. Bye baby girl." Hezekiah was still standing at the door and Soraya nervously made herself to him.

Once in reach he pulled her close and connected his lips with hers. Their lips moved in sync as his hand remained on her waist.

She opened her mouth, as they continued kissing, giving him access to her tongue to which he gratefully took violating her mouth as their passionate kiss son became rough.

seeing Soraya almost pass out from lack of air he regretfully pulled away before pecking her lips multiple times.

He then gently wrapped his left hand around her neck before pulling her into him again pressing his lips against hers, being too in the moment.

He loved how she felt against him, in his arms.

She loved how he pulled her closer and made her feel like the only girl in the world.

They loved the feeling they felt in each other's presence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

538K 14.7K 50
Est.2020
902K 37.8K 53
|𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲| /𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻/ 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿...
201K 8.9K 26
| 𝐚𝐡 • 𝐠𝐚𝐡 • 𝐩𝐚𝐲 | 𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧�...
59.9K 2.8K 34
A captivating love story for the ages! ⚠️ Mature Content!