Haikyuu Angst - Haikyuu x Rea...

By Website_Lady

A series of one-shot angst stories between the reader(s) and the characters of Haikyuu! x Female Reader . . ... More

ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ ᴛᴏᴏʀᴜ | Awaits The End
ᴋᴜʀᴏᴏ ᴛᴇᴛsᴜʀᴏ | Memories
ᴋᴜʀᴏᴏ ᴛᴇᴛsᴜʀᴏ | Same Love
ɴɪsʜɪɴᴏʏᴀ ʏᴜᴜ | I'm sorry
ᴡᴀᴋᴀᴛᴏsʜɪ ᴜsʜɪᴊɪᴍᴀ | Cruel World
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴜ | Realization
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴜ | Fallen Love
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴏsᴀᴍᴜ | Forget Me, Not?
ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ ᴛᴏᴏʀᴜ | Life Story
ʙᴏᴋᴜᴛᴏ ᴋᴏᴛᴀʀᴏ | Her Letters
ᴋᴇɪᴊɪ ᴀᴋᴀᴀsʜɪ | My Moments With You
sʜɪɴsᴜᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴛᴀ | Her Dream and His Mistake

ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ ᴛᴏʙɪᴏ | Attention

7.6K 154 160
By Website_Lady

X Sibling Reader!

[ Not Incest/Normal Sibling Relationship ]

[ Mid-Oneshot Warning: Mention of smoking ]

[ It's more emotional than angst tbh ]

-
-
-
__________________________

"We are close. But, why do I feel like we're drifting away from each other?"
__________________________

"Brother, can you watch me play the piano today?"

Y/N asked with her head tilted.

She was leaning her body forward towards her brother who was sitting across the front door.

"I can't. I have volleyball practice today."

His brother, Tobio, answered the young girl nonchalantly without sparing another glance at her while putting on his shoes.

"Oh. I see..."

Y/N put on a glimpse of a disappointing expression with her eyes averting away from him.

But she manages to quickly change into a cheerful expression with a wide understanding smile.

"Alright then! I know my brother is busy this week. Maybe next time?"

Y/N's eyes lit up in excitement with her hands clasped together.

It was as if she was praying that her offer would finally be accepted by him.

Kageyama only stood up briefly when she exclaimed those words.

He sighs deeply before he turns a glance towards her.

"Maybe when I have the time."

Kageyama stated in a flat tone.

He is extremely oblivious about Y/N's feeling of loneliness and disappointment once again.

"Take care of the house while I'm gone. Alright, Y/N?"

Kageyama asked with his usual monotonous tone while waiting for Y/N's answer.

Y/N immediately nodded happily with her hand salute playfully.

"Of course! You can count on me, brother!"

Kageyama nodded at her exclamation.

He didn't think twice before turning his head towards the door, then exiting it with his hand closing it behind.

When Y/N watched his brother leaving, her smile slowly faded away.

Her smile was then replaced by a frown.

"Seriously... Not a single word after that?"

Y/N looked at the floor with narrowed eyes, pressing her lips together before sighing exasperatedly.

She slowly slides down with her back leaning against the wall before sitting down.

"You're so obsessed with volleyball. You really love it more than your own sister, huh?"

Her hand gently pressed towards her forehead before looking at the ceiling with a blank expression.

She could only remember back about his words that were repeated many weeks ago about watching her performance.

"... You broke your promise again..."

She sighed sadly with her hair coming down to her front that slightly covered part of her face.

She still remembers every sentence that he expressed tonelessly every time she asked him to watch her performance from the past weeks.

It was always an uttered rejection.

It was like he didn't even care about her own sister's presence and the achievement she had earned.

"How about another time? The coach is giving another extra practice and I can't miss that chance."

"I can't today. There's a practice match against another school."

"I already have a plan to practice the whole day at school. Can it be later?"

She was only a year younger than him, but she could only desire affection from his older brother.

Since there is nobody else in the house.

Their parents are always busy with their work and would often go overseas for important matters.

Because of their jobs, they decided to leave them in the hands of their grandfather who lives nearby around the Miyagi Prefecture.

However, their grandfather died of old age when Kageyama became a first-grader in middle school.

It was quite a shock for the siblings that their grandfather had passed.

"... I wish Grandfather was still here."

Because of his death, they had to take care of themselves with the money that was transferred by their parents from overseas.

She could chuckle at those faded memories of when they were still kids when they played with each other so often.

"Ever since that day, brother and I have become quite distant from each other."

Y/N exclaimed sadly.

Her eyes looked up towards the door that was already closed shut from before.

She could only have a wistful smile.

"Stupid brother. You do realize I'm still one of your only family, right?"

Y/N complained silently.

She didn't even remember the last time they got to talk to each other that they were so familiar and comfortable.

It was always this normal greeting that they have every morning.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"Honestly..."

Her hands are subconsciously clenched into fists while the frustration within her heightens.

Her eyes narrowed in annoyance.

"... Do you even care about me?"

---

After months of Kageyama unknowingly shunting Y/N away so he could practice volleyball, Y/N grew impatient about her brother always not keeping his words.

Because of that, she grew tired of looking at the instrument that she once desired to play.

With that emotion she holds, she decided that there's no purpose in continuing playing and quit her piano lesson.

'I mean... Not even my brother wants to watch me play. What's the point of playing then?'

Because of that, Y/N stopped asking Kageyama to watch her piano playing.

Soon after, she left him alone and didn't bother greeting him before. he went to his practice at the door.

"Y/N. Are you alright?"

Although Kageyama was feeling concerned about Y/N's sudden change behavior and decided to ask her, Y/N was too aggrieved from the years of ignorance.

"What? Me? Of course, I'm alright~"

Y/N smiled but her eyes with her sarcastic tone speak differently from her demeanor act.

Despite it being her choice, she still hopes dearly that her older brother would notice her frustration.

'Please. Would you notice this just once?'

She silently prayed in her thought with her eyes still looking at the ground while waiting for his response.

But, her expectations were quickly ruined without a sign of mercy.

"Is that so? Just don't get yourself sick. It would be troublesome if that happened."

Kageyama exclaimed nonchalantly before leaving the house to practice his volleyball for another match.

Y/N looked at his back with widened eyes and lips slightly parted.

The act of unawareness and his dense nature about the situation started on getting to Y/N's nerve.

"Are you really that busy?!! You didn't even sound like you care!!"

Her hands clench into fists, subconsciously slamming them to the table before aggressively running them through her hair.

After letting out her frustration, she manages herself to calm down but still holds resentment.

"... Screw it! I'm done playing this game!"

---

When Y/N started enrolling in middle school, her personality changes drastically from the past year of ignorance.

It was the total opposite of her previous cheerful kind self.

She started to distance herself from anyone around her as she also knowingly start bullying her classmates and the other classes in her grade.

She started getting used to it as she at times spread a handful of rumors that could make others feel betrayed and hurt.

She will also often get into fights with her classmates whether her mood was bad.

She just plainly enjoy it and feel like she needs something that could lighten her excitement.

It became even worse when she noticed that everyone in her grade became fearful around her which she started to like the attention she received.

'You really should think twice...'

Y/N purses her lips with her eyes laying down at her classmate across the hall.

She is currently being shunned by her peers' thanks to Y/N's spread of false rumors about her.

'... If you want to help your friend then think carefully before you strike.'

She looked at her with a disappointed expression.

Despite that, she couldn't help but appeared a smile across her face when she watches her peers blaming her for something she didn't do.

"Who knows, their friendship might end soon."

Y/N exclaimed with her eyes staring blankly before she walks back to her classroom with her hands in her jacket's pockets.

She sighed when she imagined the broken friendship would be similar to the relationship she has with someone she used to adore dearly.

'... I always wondered the reason why I used to feel that towards him.'

---

It wasn't long before school ended with the majority of Y/N's classmates left the room to go home as Y/N herself still decided to sit around longer.

She didn't have any friends thus her classmates also didn't care about her existence.

Rather more precisely, they just don't want to involve themselves in any more trouble thus also have a sense of a degree of fear towards her.

Inside the class alone, Y/N was just twirling her pencil between her hand with her eyes gaze throughout the window until a sudden appearance of a group of girls in the same grade as her.

"Are you (Y/N) Kageyama?"

One of the girls who were in front asked with her hand folded across her chest.

Her eyes narrowed at Y/N who later responds nonchalantly.

"Yeah, that's my name. What do you want?"

"What do I want??!"

The girl gritted her teeth clenches her hands into fists then immediately grabbed Y/N's collar before pulling her towards herself.

"I want you to apologize to that girl!!"

Y/N could only risen her eyebrow until she looked at the girl beside her.

'Ah... She's the person that got treated badly when I make those nasty rumors about her.'

Y/N only sighed deeply.

Her hands gripping the girl's hand firmly before pulling away from her collar as she pushes the girl away from her.

"Why? It's her own fault that she was an easy target. You really are just wasting your time."

Y/N exclaimed with her hands already grabbing her bag as she walks away from the group of girls.

But suddenly, a hand grab her wrist before she could even exit the classroom.

Y/N turned around with a risen eyebrow until she was suddenly slapped by the face of the girl that grabs her collar before.

"I said to apologize to her, you damn bitch!!"

The girl shouted angrily with her eyes glaringly deeply with full hatred.

Y/N didn't answer her as she only touches her swollen face then caress her cheek gently.

She could only lightly chuckle at the pain but still show a frown that symbolizes she does not like the particular behavior towards her.

Her eyes narrowed at her with a similar nature as the girl in front of her.

"Damn, that fucking hurt."

---

In the school gym, Kageyama was doing his practice with the other members of the volleyball team.

It was still continued until someone calls Kageyama from the corner of the gym.

His eyes risen when a sudden stranger he never met before immediately ran towards him thus interrupting the practice.

"I'm in the middle of practice. What do you want?"

Kageyama asked straight to the point while watching the student that he barely saw before gasped for air from running around the school.

"Y/N..."

The moment the student muttered her name, Kageyama widened his eyes when he heard his sister's name.

"What about her? Is she alright??"

Kageyama asked with a rise of worried tone as both of his hands clutch at the student's shoulder.

"She got herself into another fight. You need to stop it. If her brother came to stop the fight, I bet she will listen."

The student muttered those words which Kageyama let go of his shoulder when he heard the news.

"Where is she??"

Kageyama inquired him more with his eyes narrowed towards him.

The student flinched at the sudden sharp gaze towards him but quickly told him the location.

"She's on the first floor near her classroom."

When Kageyama hears the location, he hurriedly runs outside the gym to look for his sister.

'Seriously?! This again?!'

----

Y/N coughed up from the many punches that she received from the girls of the group.

She also got several bruises on her legs and arms because of that.

She was standing against the wall tiredly with her eyes glaring in resentment at the girls in front of her.

Despite that, she could still plaster a smile across her face.

"Damn, It's not fair now. I'm all alone and you guys beat me in a group."

Y/N gaze at them with her hands clenched into fists while raising them in front of her as she regains her standing posture straighten as opposed from the slumped shoulder before.

"Looks like I have to get serious now."

But before Y/N could strike back towards the girl's face for the slap she did to her, a loud shout can be heard in the hallway.

"Y/N!!"

She stopped what she was doing when she saw her brother running at her.

'What is he doing here?!'

He stands up in the middle between her and the group with his hand raised in front of Y/N.

The girls immediately froze on the spot when they notice that her brother arrived to interrupt the arguments as they looked at each other with their hands covering their faces.

"What is her brother doing here?"

"I don't know but that guy is probably going to defend her."

"Seriously?! Doesn't he know that bitch was the one who picks the fight?!"

They all whispered to each other in an inaudible sound that can't be listened from both of them while appearing a worried expression.

Kageyama, on the other hand, turned to face Y/N with narrowed eyes.

Y/N loosened her grip as she relaxed her arms beside her waist while staring back at him quietly with glaring eyes towards him.

"Y/N... I don't know what you did..."

Kageyama exclaimed with his hand pointing towards the group of girls.

"But apologies to them right now."

The girls widened their eyes when Kageyama exclaimed something that they didn't expect.

Y/N pressed her lips together with her eyes become narrowed towards him while crossing out her arms.

"What?! You're not going to defend me or something?! They're the ones who punch me in the face!"

Y/N shouted with her hands pointing towards the swollen part of her face.

Kageyama only looked at her more furiously.

"They wouldn't be hitting you if you hadn't done something bad to them. No matter the reason, you have to apologize."

Y/N gritted her teeth when she heard his response.

"Who gave you the rights to order me like that?!"

"I'm your brother. That alone already gives me all the rights for that. Go apologize to them right now!"

Kageyama's voice risen as he shouted back at her, stating very clearly that he does not approve of this attitude.

When he mentioned the word 'brother', Y/N could only silently laughed at the word.

'... Brother?'

Her eyes towards him were no longer blank as her eyes started to filled with hatred towards him.

'You seriously dare to call yourself that?! We're basically just strangers!!'

She thought angrily before the feeling was suddenly drowned when she remembers the loneliness she felt.

'We never even talk to each other throughout the school year. Even though you realize what I did in school, you ignore it and just continue with your damn volleyball practice...'

Y/N only looked at the girl who she once harasses as she walks towards her.

She lightly pushed away from the girls that blocked her ways while looking at her deep in the eyes.

'Now you finally decided to interfere? Don't joke with me.'

The girl stayed silent as she shakes slightly because of the frightening atmosphere around them.

"I..."

But Y/N decided to take a deep breath before she looked at her in the eyes again with a calmer expression.

"... I'm sorry for what I did. I should have been wiser with my action."

She exclaimed softly but her gaze towards her still felt annoyance that she has to give in because her brother said so.

Before the girl could respond, Y/N already walks away without sparing another glance towards her as she attempts to leave the hallway.

Kageyama noticed his sister's attention which he called her out.

"Oi, Y/N! Where are you-"

"I'm going home. Just go back to your practice."

Y/N answered him without explaining it further to him.

Kageyama only looked at her annoyed with her attitude that was now far different from when she was younger.

But he was also confused about how her sister could change so much in a short period.

He knows her the most as he spent almost his whole life with her while living in the same house.

But he still couldn't find the reason why she changes so drastically.

He sighed exasperatedly with his eyes looking at Y/N who slowly escape from his view.

'Honestly... Do you know how worrying this attitude of yours is?'

----

In the past two years since then, Kageyama has graduated into a highschool called Karasuno as Y/N become a third-grader in middle school.

Even when Y/N becomes older, her insolent attitude has not wavered from before.

In fact, her behavior only worsened compare to before.

"How much is it?"

Y/N looked at the boy that is meeting her while leaning against the wall in an unknown street far away from the school building.

"It's expensive. Do you still want this cigarette?"

The boy jammed his hand inside his pockets, pulling out a small box of cigarettes while luring them to her face.

Y/N smiled pleasantly.

"Of course~ This is a treasure!"

Y/N immediately grabs the box from his hand as she handed him the money.

He hurriedly grabs the money from her while looking around in case somebody saw them.

"We're still middle-schoolers so we have to be careful around here. We ain't legal enough to smoke."

The boy warned her carefully but Y/N replied with a waving hand with her eyes only focusing on the object in hand.

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

Y/N exclaimed once more as she leaves him to attend another class.

It wasn't long ago when Y/N became addicted to smoking and drinking alcohol.

The breath of the smoke and sip of the alcohol calms her down as the objects also make her safe and could never felt like she was alone.

Since Kageyama has always been in a hurry to his practice and never attempted to get closer to her since that accident, he always never noticed her sister's packs of cigarettes that were lying on her desk.

Y/N also has never worried about it being in open space since she knows very well that her brother pays little to no attention to her.

Y/N chuckled at herself while walking down the street.

'Even though it's been years, you still neglect your sister like this~'

Y/N thought while taking a walk throughout the neighborhood with her palm continuously toss and catch the box.

"Though I don't really care anyway! At least I could smoke without worries!"

Y/N chirped happily then decided to grab a cigarette from the box afterward lighting the edge of the bar.

"Damn, this feels good~!"

She exclaimed as she didn't mind the coughing smoke around her.

Not long after, she spotted a group of her classmates that also has the same taste to smoke.

"Yo Y/N!! Wow?!! Is that the new brand they keep talking about??"

One of them waved his hands widely towards her while pointing towards the cigarette in her hand which Y/N replied with another wave.

"Yes, it is~ But you can't have it!"

"Hah?! No fair~! Haha."

They both laughed with Y/N giving her one of the cigarettes that she bought before.

Afterward, they join the group and smoke together without being careful about their surroundings.

As they only wanted to enjoy themselves while school hours began in session.

---

"I'm late!! Why did that old man just have to forget about something important?!"

Nishinoya exclaimed, running towards his school hurriedly.

When he was running to go to his school, his corner of the eye suddenly caught a familiar person across another street far from here.

"Wait..."

He stopped his running with his eyes squinting towards the person that caught his interest among the small crowd.

"... Isn't that Y/N?"

His eyes widened when he saw her lighting up many cigarettes with the other kids that seem around her age.

But he quickly shook his head.

"Nah... It can't be Y/N. I might just saw someone else that looks like her."

Nishinoya thought since he already met her before.

It was when Kageyama brought her to Karasuno to looked around the school as one of the options for graduation.

It wasn't a long time ago when the whole club met her with all of the members saw her as a seemingly nice and friendly person.

Thus would never imagine her being that kind of person.

"Right! I have to go!"

He noticed the time again as he ran away towards the school without another thought about the group from afar.

---

It was hours after the unbeknownst by Y/N about her indirect encounter with one of his brother's upperclassmen.

They were still hanging around in the smoking area as they have fun talking to each other and joke around.

Y/N was also completely unaware that the sun has already set which means that his brother might come home.

After the practice match and having a quick visit to a market, Kageyama went home while being accompanied by Hinata and Nishinoya.

"Wow, Kageyama! You're buying all this meat. What's the catch?!"

Hinata exclaimed in surprise when he saw a paper bag full of groceries in Kageyama's hand.

The black-haired sighed then answered.

"It's just for dinner since It's been a long time that I get to buy the grocery."

Hinata hummed after listening to his answer as he snapped his finger at the realization.

"Oh!!! So your sister was the one who buys the grocery?!!"

Kageyama looked at him with narrowed eyes which Hinata flinched at the gaze.

"D-Did I say something wrong?"

Hinata instinctively asked nervously.

Kageyama only shook his head with his gaze become lightened as he answered.

"No. It's just that Y/N always insisted to buy the groceries in the market. So, it's kind of bothering me for some reason."

Kageyama exclaimed concerned while remembering the last time they talk to each other besides basic needs and school works.

It was indeed a long time.

'... I couldn't even remember the last time we talked to each other so familiarly.'

Kageyama thought as a visible concern expression appeared.

"Well... Speaking of Y/N..."

Kageyama turned his head facing Nishinoya.

The libero scratches his head while looking at the setter hesitantly.

"I think I just saw someone like her in this area."

Kageyama raised an eyebrow but he also takes interest when he mentioned someone that looked like Y/N was hanging around in the area.

"Somebody like Y/N? What do you mean??"

Kageyama inquired more about the situation.

"When I was running late for the practice match, I saw a group of teenagers hanging around across the street. I thought I saw Y/N in the middle of them. Though, what concerns me most was that..."

Nishinoya suddenly stops his explanation when he remembered the things that they were doing.

"What is it??"

Kageyama urged him to continue the explanation while Nishinoya took a deep breath before exclaiming.

"They were smoking."

Kageyama widened his eyes upon listening to his explanation.

Hinata was also surprised by the sudden exclamation then intrude on the conversation his teammates are having.

"What?! Isn't that illegal?!"

Kageyama was still silent by the thought of Y/N was actually started to smoke.

He didn't want to assume the worst from just a mere sentence from his upperclassmen but he couldn't help but concern about the exclamation.

"Nishinoya-san. Can you bring me to the place where you last saw them?"

Kageyama asked with a serious expression which Nishinoya didn't hesitate to nod.

"Sure. I still remember the road anyway."

---

"One question, alright? We're still underage so aren't you afraid that you'll get caught by your parents?"

The girl asked with herself leaning closer towards her.

Y/N shrugged before she gently pushed her away.

"Nah. My parents aren't home anyway. Let's just enjoy this."

Y/N exclaimed with her hand grabbing her phone as she scrolled the screen until a familiar shout suddenly can be heard.

"Oi!! Who the hell are you?"

Y/N turned her head towards her side as her eyes widened by the unexpected sight.

With the boys who were blocking Y/N's view got pushed away, she can noa fully see Kageyama expressed annoyance when he wanted to get inside the center of the crowded people.

When their eyes met, Kageyama immediately narrowed his eyes as the blood in his veins grow upon seeing his sister having a cigarette on her mouth.

"What the hell are you doing with that?!"

Kageyama shouted as he stomps towards her sister while taking the cigarettes from her hold.

"Hey!! That's my--"

Y/N's shouting was abruptly interrupted when she saw Kageyama drop the cigarette then stomp the small white bar until the flame that ignites it faded away.

She saw the situation stunned before she clenched her fists while glaring at his brother full of wrath.

"What the hell?!! Do you know how fuckin expensive does that--"

Kageyama didn't wait for his sister to finish her sentence.

He immediately brought his hands up between the sentence before slapping her cheek so harsh that it could be heard the sound of the hit loudly.

Y/N's face soon becomes swollen as she feels a sting when she touched her own cheek.

"So that's why you insist to buy the grocery?! So you could buy this trash?!!"

Kageyama scolded her harshly with his hand still raising in front of her as if he was ready to hit her again.

Because his teammates were are afraid that he will slap her once again, both of them tried to restrain him by grabbing his arms and pulling him away from her.

"Oi, Kageyama! Calm down!! You've already done enough."

"Yeah! You can finish this argument at home. Don't do this in the open public. Let's just settle this peacefully!"

Both of them tried to calm angered Kageyama with panic arose within them.

Y/N, on the other hand, looked at Kageyama with narrowed eyes bitterly as she could feel the blood within her vein started to rise.

"Stop pretending that you care about me..."

Y/N muttered in a quiet tone but was still audible by Kageyama and the others.

The highschool students immediately looked towards Y/N as she opened her mouth widely while shouting.

"All you care about is volleyball this, volleyball that!! Heck, I'm just the fucking air to you!!"

Her eyes were slowly full of tears with her frown still visible.

Kageyama, who was previously angry, started to slightly calm down when he witnessed her distressed self and the sentence she uttered.

"I couldn't even remember the last time we talk so casually. I mean, you basically abandoned me!!"

Y/N shouted back which Kageyama soon remember the time when they were still close.

It was when they were both in elementary until their grandfather died.

He remembers that his younger self committed himself to work hard in volleyball since his grandfather always supported it.

Between the memories he held, he suddenly remembers when Y/N used to always asked him to watch her piano performance.

He was surprised when he remembered that he always postponed his promise until he never keeps it.

With that, his younger self has unknowingly neglected Y/N with the latter become alone.

'... Why didn't I realized this sooner?'

Kageyama soon felt guilty about the past mistake he made with his eyes become more relaxed when he was facing Y/N

"Y/N, I--"

"I don't want to hear your excuses!!"

Kageyama becomes silent by her sharp tone towards him.

"You abandoned me! I hate you! I never want to see you again!"

Without thinking again with her thoughts full of anger, Y/N ran away from her as she ignored the screams of calling for her.

"Y/N!!"

Kageyama pushed away his teammates' restrainment towards him as he tried to catch up to her.

"Kageyama!!"

The teammates exclaimed loudly at him but the latter didn't bat an eye to it as he continued running.

He only thought of one thing only.

That is to find Y/N no matter what it takes.

His expression was now full of guilt.

'You were wrong!'

Kageyama began to run faster with his head turning around the two streets as he desperately started to search for Y/N.

'I would never abandon you!'

----

Kageyama has searched for Y/N until the sun has finally set down and the moon began to show itself in the night sky.

He breathes in a loud and heavy way as he already searches the whole neighborhood.

Because of the failed attempt to find her, he became extremely worried about her whereabouts.

"Where is she?"

He looked around once more but then decided to stop before he thinks for a moment.

"Maybe she already went home?!"

He shouted upon the thought as he ran towards the direction of their house.

When he finally arrives in front of the house, he opened the door while subconsciously shouted.

"Y/N?!"

Kageyama's hopes for his sister to be here quickly shattered when he found every room in the house to be empty.

He was home alone with no sight of his sister.

His eyes soon welled in a small tear before he stared at the floor blankly with uncertain emotion.

He later clasps his hands together with his head tilted forward closer to his hands.

"Y/N. Please come home."

----

The next morning, Kageyama was absolutely worried and frightened that his sister hasn't come home.

'She's not home yet??'

Kageyama thought concerned when she inspected her bedroom which was still being untouched.

Not long after a disappointing expectation, a call suddenly can be heard from a landline phone in the living room.

Kageyama just walks to the living room then grabbing the phone with his hand brings it near his ear.

"Hello, who may I help--"

"Is this the Kageyama's resident?"

Kageyama widened his eyes after the direct answer as he hesitantly answered.

"Yeah. That's right. Who am I speaking to?"

Kageyama asked straight to the point while waiting for the call's answer.

The caller seems to become quiet after he exclaimed the sentence but it wasn't long before the caller continues to speak.

"... We are from the Police Department. We are here to report about an unexpected incident involving Y/N Kageyama."

"What..?"

His eyes widened with his hand almost lost its grip on the phone and his lip parted from the stunning news the police exclaimed.

"What exactly happened to my sister?!"

Kageyama asked in a loud tone as if fear was consuming him and was also worried sick about her condition.

With every word that the police use to describe the situation, his disbelief about the situation only risen with his eyes still opened in shock.

'It can't be...'

Kageyama muttered with his eyes widened as he almost loses his balance from standing while his heart beating faster from expecting the worse.

"She was found dead?"

It was almost too complicated to explain as it was hard enough for him to comprehend the situation.

Y/N was found lying in the road near a market by the police with her stomach being pierced by a knife.

Blood was splattered from her body with the lung was no longer pumping for air as her skin also become paler.

The police conduct the case and believe that she was stabbed by a passing robber. She was also being found out that she let herself being stab to protect an old woman as it was confirmed by the latter.

'... Why?'

Kageyama has mixed emotions about facing this change over the night. He wanted to cry but the tears weren't able to form as he also didn't feel himself getting angry either.

He only stood there silently like the situation was far too shocking for him to handle.

When the police ended the call after a few brief conversations of reassurance, Kageyama looked at the house around him with a blank expression.

But when he saw the piano that was no longer played for many years in the corner of his eyes, his expression became to change.

'Have I always been...'

He started to sniffle quietly as the tears welled from deep inside as tears stream across his cheek. His legs began to lose his balance while his ankle met the floor.

He glared at the ground and clenched his hands into fists as if he was blaming himself for her loss.

"So careless and stupid?! I should have realized this before."

Kageyama muttered with a mix of anger and sadness.

He could only remember the past where Y/N would always play the piano while he only ignored her knowing he was the only family left.

"Because of my ignorance, you change for the worst."

He exclaimed with the guilt risen as he the only thing he wanted now was to see her sister again.

"I'm sorry, Y/N..."

He muttered while daring himself to look up at the ceiling as if he tried to communicate to her as he appeared a guilty frown.

"... I wish we could restart our years together."

___________________________

-
-
-

[ €ŇĐ ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 4K 29
haikyuu!! one-shots written by a queer girl because i said so. contains: romance angst bromance shipping and the trash that is oikawa both characte...
1.5K 90 12
Haikyuu characters: Iwaizumi x Oikawa fanfiction! An alternative universe where Oikawa stays in Japan to continue his volleyball career and is roomma...
372 4 12
This book is complete! I will not be taking requests no longer This is a Haikyuu oneshot book. Meaning its an x Reader. Enjoy chérie~!
2.5K 110 8
An Oikawa Tooru short fic. ·✿·──────· · After all of those tears, she still forgave him. "I love you" it was poison in her system that slowly killed...