The Art of Warren

By b00klover09

He was a mosaic, composed of broken pieces. She was an unfinished art project. ******** The moon goddess en... More

•Prologue•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Nineteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Two•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Twenty Seven•
•Twenty Eight•
•Twenty Nine•
•Thirty•
•Thirty One•
•Thirty Two•
•Thirty Three•
•Thirty Four•
•Thirty Five•
•Thirty Six•
•Thirty Seven•
•Thirty Eight•
•Thirty Nine•
•Forty•
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
The Art of Submission

Forty Three

2.6K 126 6
By b00klover09

"I don't want to have a conversation with you anymore," Pomelia sniffled, her anger rearing it's ugly head again. She couldn't believe she was going through this right now. Her mother was holding her captive in a car.

Erica was tapping her shortened nails on the steering wheel. "I'm not sure why you're crying. I'm trying to help you, not harm you. You're my first born and I only want whats for the best. I really think you should consider going to a temple to see if they can purify your mark and get it taken off."

"I said already I love him and we're...we're working through this. I don't know what else you want me to say. I'm not leaving him. I'm not leaving War," she wiped at her face, looking out the window at a couple passing them by.

They were clinging to each other, and sneaking kisses as they walked. Pomelia wished to be like that with War, right in this moment, of course she couldn't though. "What about that pack? I know for a fact you don't agree with Khan. Adlai Sai Khan is a monster and he is untouchable due to an idiotic agreement the founder of LPA made with Khan's uncle. I know you don't want to stay there."

Well, that was true. Khan was a horrible male who treated War terrible, he treated her nice though. Khan had made War do things he wasn't comfortable doing. He was awful... "My mate owes Khan his life. We can't leave...my mate doesn't like Khan either." War always would say khan would kill him if they left. They had no where else to go anyway...

"If Warren dislikes Khan he should challenge him. Even the most backwards of pack Alphas has to accept a challenge. If he loses then War could appoint himself or someone else as Alpha. You two could shift the entire pack in the right direction or have the freedom you need and Khan would be dead."

Death? She couldn't imagine War killing someone...even though he's done it plenty of times apparently. War being Alpha? She would be a Luna... She couldn't even possibly think of herself as a Luna. "Can I leave now?"

"Will you take everything that I've said into consideration?"

Pomelia would. She was angry and upset about how this night went. She was furious that her mother who didn't even know her judged her mate and her so harshly. She was upset that her mother assumed she wanted to get rid of War. She was all of those things but she couldn't deny that a challenge was...intriguing. She couldn't bring it up to War though. She would be too nervous to.

"I-I already have and I won't change my mind on Warren being my mate."

Erica Grace pressed her lips firmly against each other, in a thin line. She seemed upset, annoyed that Pomelia wasn't going along with her plan she probably thought up a lot. "Well I guess you made up your mind."

"I-I can tell you like to fix things...I'm not something that can be fixed. I'm fine, and me and War will be in a better position soon. I really appreciate it...you reaching out to me a-and caring so much. I'm not the baby you abandoned, I'm a woman now."

Pom felt like crying again as she stared at the woman's hardened facial features. She was fighting her emotions, hard.

"I need to speak to your mate about when he killed Alpha Reese's brother. If you could call him and we can speak quickly that would be appreciated. I don't want to question him in front of my daughter or my husband."

Pomelia sighed. Her mother had run out of ways to reprimand and guilt trip her into breaking up with War. "Um sure. I'll call him."

"I don't want you hurt," she said quickly. "I think about you everyday and it makes me sick worrying about you. I just want to help you now because I wasn't able to when you were younger." Pom was surprised she even said that...but she appreciated it.

Before she even had the chance to respond, a knock on the window had her jumping in her seat. She immediately smelled the scent of the intruder and relaxed. It was Warren. And he did not look happy.

Her window rolled down without her doing and War immediately started firing off questions. "Why were you crying? What's going on? We have to go."

"War we have to speak about what you know," Erica Grace spoke as War glared at her before trying to open the door. The door wouldn't open.

"We have to get going. It's late," War growled out, Pomelia watched him struggle with the door handle. "Are you going to open the door? We have to go."

Pom was a bit confused on why War seemed to be getting upset. Maybe it was because he knew she was crying? "Warren I know everything and I need to talk to you about how you got involved with that terrorist Lycan group. Then we can all leave."

The look in her mate's eyes made a slither of fear wash over Pom. She had rarely seen War angry and she didn't want her mother receiving the brunt of his anger. "We have to go. Please open the door."

Pom's ears perked when she heard the crunching of metal. War was ripping the door open. He gently took Pom by the elbow and pulled her out of the car.

"So you break my passengers side door?!" Her mother shouted from the drivers seat as War drug Pomelia across the parking lot. He was literally dragging her.

"War, what is going on! Please calm down. I-"

"-I need you to be quiet and get in the car." His voice gave no wiggle room and for some reason that scared Pom. War never spoke this stern with her. It had to be something wrong.

She kept her mouth shut until they got into the car. Then he revved up the engine and peeled out of the parking lot as if the car was in danger of catching into flames any second.

Pom was nervous. Scared even as her mate was driving at an incredibly dangerous speed. What if human police were to stop them? That did happen she was sure.

"War?" She questioned as he kept glancing in his rear view mirror and muttering curse words under his breath. She still wasn't sure what was going on and their were no cars around to follow them.

"Are you fucking serious," War snarled out loud, startling her even more as he gripped the steering wheel tight.

Pom cleared her throat. "Warren what's wrong? Please tell me...we agreed no secrets," she spoke gently. Her hands fidgeting nervously as the veins in War's neck seem to bulge. He was really mad.

He was breathing in and out heavily, as if trying to calm himself down. "I need gas. We have to go pull over and get gas a-and this isn't a town I know. I-I don't come here so I don't know where to fucking go," he growled out as Pomelia tried to guard her heart from his harsh words.

"Gas shouldn't make you this upset. What's going on? You're upset and you're scaring me." Pom was sitting on her hands as to not insistently fidget with them. She tentatively put her hand on his bicep, knowing something was going awry. Something was wrong, it wasn't just gas. "It's okay to tell me Warren."

He clenched and unclenched his jaw before glancing at Pomelia. "I...I when I killed Reese's brother it was a few wolves there. The ones apart of that...group. I was at least two states away that's over 5 hours away. I just saw a male at the restaurant who I saw at the club. He was picking up food and walked right past me."

Pomelia felt her stomach clench and butterflies explode in her stomach. Of course she knew he could talk openly about his past... it was just a lot. "Don't turn on me now. Please, I know your mom...I know she was talking about me."

"Turn? Warren I was defending you. I know all the wrong you've done and I'm still here. Nothing my mother told me is new. Okay? I love you." She squeezed his large bicep tight and he growled softly.

"I love you too," he said as he whipped out his phone. "I'm going to call Trent and send him our location. I doubt anyone is following us but I need to get gas and I just want to be on the safe side."

Pom nodded her head, and watched War text and drive which she knew was bad but was quiet about it. He seemed to have enough on his mind.

"What the fuck do you want? I got Khan talking about a pack meeting, and those dumb ass kids I had to train getting on my nerves. War you better not have some shit going on to. I have done my good fucking deed today!" Pomelia cringed as Trent yelled into the phone. War didn't seem to care and she wondered if Trent's constant anger was just...normal.

"Where are you? And stop yelling," her mate snapped into the phone.

"Im at the temple waiting to speak to Priestess Arana about some shit. Why do you wanna know." Pom smiled. She was glad that Trent was getting the help he needed and by the best person she knew.

"How? I have your car."

"I borrowed Leo's car. Now what the hell do you want."

"I'm sending you my location. If we're not back in two hours find me."

Trent huffed loudly. "Yeah whatever. Both of us need to get back to the pack soon because Khan is yelling about some pack meeting anyway...what the fuck are you looking at...can't you see..."

Pom heard yelling and then cursing, which was no surprise. Then the phone hung up. "Is everything okay with Trent?"

War shrugged. "He'll be fine. He's going through some things." Well Pom knew that. That dream
he had not so long ago definitely meant that the goddess had her eyes on him. For what? She wasn't sure.

Before she could even question him more about Trent the GPS began to shout directions at them. The nervous silence of someone possibly following and confronting them was enough to dwell on and fill the car with.

Pom did appreciate him holding her hand though as they drove to a small gas station that also held a small 'mart' next to it. It was dimly lit and only one car was there getting gas.

"I'll be right back okay?"

She nodded her head and watched him disappear into the small mart. She occupied her thoughts by grabbing her phone and watching some videos of Butter her...no the houses cat. Everyone loved him and he had his own unique relationship with everyone in the house.

Pom giggled, watching a specific video of Butter pressing his little face against Lo's large stomach. They knew the small creature could tell something living was in there and he would meow and rub his head gently against her stomach. Pom couldn't wait til Butter and everyone else met the pup Lo was carrying.

As she laughed and rewound the video, her ears perked at the sound of another car. Her eyes slid towards the car, no van. It was black and had tinted windows. Pom frowned, thinking of War driving such a big vehicle. She was sure he wouldn't like it.

She watched the man driving hop out the car and her eyes widened. He was a large man. The biggest man she had ever seen in height and in width. And he had an eyepatch.

Pom immediately turned away as she already knew his gaze would fall to her. She gripped her phone tight and focused on the video, using her hearing to listen to his footsteps to see if he was walking away. The footsteps were actually getting closer...

A loud slap to the car had her spooked. She nervously looked towards her window. She looked up and saw the man with the eyepatch in her view. She gripped her phone tight.

"Um...can I help you?" She questioned through the window knowing for a fact that she wasn't supposed to put the window down.

The man smiled and the contents in her stomach immediately soured. Lycan teeth. He stroked his long, black beard and her eyes watched his elongated nails get caught in the hair.

"Do you know where Rosenville is?"

Pom shook her head nervously, noticing his one eye was raking over her slowly. His eye zeroing in on her neck. Where her mark was... "N-no I don't. Sorry."

"S'alright, sweetheart. Have a nice night." He stepped away from the car and Pom gripped her phone so tight that she was sure she would break it.

She waited impatiently for War to show up and exhaled loudly when he rushed out of the mini mart. He was really stiff and almost seemed scared? Did he have a run in with the terrifying man too?

He didn't open the door to talk to her. Instead he pumped the gas and within the next few minutes he was hopping in the car, and staring her straight in the eye.

"N76C34."

"What?" Pom questioned as he  turned on the car and the tires began to squeal with how much force he drove out of the gas station with. "War what's going on?"

"N76C43 that was the-"

"-No you said N76C34 when you got in the car," she explained to him as he glanced at her while peeling down the road. She wondered if fire would be left in its wake with how fast War was driving.

"Call your mother. Those are the license plate numbers. Call her and tell her them," War explained as he whipped his phone out of his pocket and began to swerve slightly as he began to txt.

Pomelia was extremely confused. "Call my mom?"

"Call her and put her on speaker."

She gulped. War left no room for compromise. At all. He didn't even look like the same kind person. He looked ready to tear off a head and kill someone. "War does this have anything to do with that-"

"-Don't be afraid of me. I'm just protecting you."

"I know...but that man at the..." she trailed off as her mother answered the phone almost immediately. She pressed the little megaphone on it.

"Pomelia I don't appreciate your mate being rude and disrespectful. My passengers side door is-"

"-Erica listen to me," War spoke as he took the phone from Pomelia's hand. "His name is Q and his license plate number is N76C34. He's big and he's got an eyepatch and-"

"-Black van and windows you can't see into," Pomelia helped as War gave her a kind look that said 'shhh.'

Silence stretched out on the other line before her mother started talking. "And he's apart of that terrorist group?"

"Yes."

"How dangerous is he?"

"I don't know."

"Did he recognize you?"

"I'm pretty sure he did. He gave me a nod."

"Was he with anyone else?"

"The van was big. He probably had more people in their but I don't really know-"

"-He looks really scary and he's huge. Like seven foot maybe," Pom nodded towards her mate as War put his finger to his lips. Pom frowned. She was just trying to help!

Erica sighed. "I wish you would have told me before you ripped my daughter out of my car. Are they following you? Where are you headed?"

"Back home...but I'm starting to think that's not a good idea."

They would be safe at home. They had strong people at their pack to protect them. "No, go back home. There's only one road that leads to your pack. I'll send reinforcements. A lot of them are already at the temple which is barely an hour maybe from Bane pack. I also have people on the human police force they can stop their car and the LPA can help detain them."

"So just go home?" Pom questioned nervously.!

"Yes. Go home. I'll call you two in a few minutes let me just make some calls."

"Thanks mom...I mean I-"

The phone went dead and Pomelia wiped her sweaty hands against her forehead. "I didn't mean to call her mom. You think she feels weird about it?" She questioned as she felt War's long fingers searching for her hand while he kept his eyes on the road.

"I think she's worried about getting us home safe."

Pom nodded, suddenly grabbing the gps and looking over the road and towns. She frowned. "You know he spoke to me right?"

War's neck cracked with the amount of force he whipped it to stare at her. "What?"

"The big man. H-he went up to the window and asked me a question."

"What did he ask you?"

"Where Rosenville was."

War cursed. Loudly. "Pomelia that's where the temple is."

The temple? "So he wants to seek counsel? I think that's a good thing. We can call my mom and tell her to call off-"

"-The temple is in danger, Pomelia. They don't want counsel they want to kill. Call your mom."

Pomelia felt like she was going to be sick. "Kill? Why would they want to kill? War...Arana is there and my old friends are there too! W-we have to do something! And Trent!"

"They think the temple and packs are bad for wolves. I-I don't know why they think this way....but you have to calm down. Everything will be fine. You call your mother. I'll call Trent and let him know."

Pomelia began to silently pray to the goddess as she dialed her mothers phone number again.

She thought this night would go well, apparently it was turning out to be anything but....

***********
Trent POV is up next😈
Any predictions of what's to come next?
If you guys want to read furthr check out my Patreon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 16.1K 51
After being blinded by those sworn to protect her, Artemis trades her vision for her ability to have a mate. Only things are not as they seem when sh...
364K 11.6K 20
Artemis Lily is a witch in a werewolf town, and it seems like she's the only one that knows that. Running from Hunters that slaughtered her entire f...
108K 4.6K 30
Athena, a ruthless werewolf assassin who doesn't believe in mates is sent out to do a special mission by her father, Alpha Odysseus who was cursed by...
13.7K 494 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...